Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans in the home sections 16:34 - Aug 28 with 10073 viewsSaintsforeverj

I know this is tedious, but again there were Man U fans walking into the ground freely, with their Man U shirts on. When they were pointed out in the stands, there was progress, as stewards did remove them, but why are they allowed to just walk in? The stewards are so dopy checking bags and not checking which fans are coming in.

So the solution - Firstly, any fan wearing away colours, just stop them at the gate! Stewards should be more aware, and turn them away!

Secondly, why an earth are fans allowed to buy tickets on the database who have attended a game over 10 years? In order to get a ticket against the top 6, fans should need to be on the database, and been to say 3 Saints games, last season. Make it tighter, make it more robust. So why won't they? Well it would probably cut out some income wouldn't it. I would rather a few empty seats, than away fans keep getting in.

And this is necessary, because I know for a fact, that away fans living within a 10 miles radius of St Mary's, buy a membership card, just so that they can go to watch one game, Liverpool, Man U or whoever they support from the top 4. This one game, meets the requirement of needing to have been to one Saints game in the last ten years and being on the database with a local postcode.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 16:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Away fans in the home sections on 16:03 - Aug 31 with 993 viewsfranniesTache

Away fans in the home sections on 15:39 - Aug 31 by Saintsforeverj

There is probably something in this. There is such interest in the top 4 clubs around the world, that they will pay almost anything to get a ticket. Students, tourists, plastics, all trying to find a way to watch as they can't get a ticket at their team's home games.

As for last night, I saw one Hong Kong looking young guy with a Chelsea scarf on walking into the Kingsland. I informed a steward who stopped him before entering, took away his scarf, told him it was home fans only. He looked totally confused and couldn't speak English, he was warned he must keep quiet, so they let him in. He looked like a dopy, non English speaking tourist from somewhere.

We were sat out the front of the Wagon last night and there were a couple of tourists (Indian i think) watching youtube videos of Southampton "chants" and trying to learn them before the game.

It made us laugh but to be fair was kind of nice to see that they actually wanted to be part of it.
Away fans in the home sections on 16:04 - Aug 31 with 987 viewsBuggalugs

Away fans in the home sections on 16:03 - Aug 31 by franniesTache

We were sat out the front of the Wagon last night and there were a couple of tourists (Indian i think) watching youtube videos of Southampton "chants" and trying to learn them before the game.

It made us laugh but to be fair was kind of nice to see that they actually wanted to be part of it.

Pompey get battered?

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Away fans in the home sections on 16:08 - Aug 31 with 965 viewsfranniesTache

Away fans in the home sections on 16:04 - Aug 31 by Buggalugs

Pompey get battered?

The only one they managed to "grasp" was oh when the saints, though what made me laugh was they were busy learning the second and third verses, which are

And when the sun refuses to shine
When the sun refuses to shine
Lord, how I want to be in that number
When the Saints go marching in

When the trumpet sounds its call
Oh, how I want be in that number

I'd have loved it if they'd started singing that
Away fans in the home sections on 16:09 - Aug 31 with 961 viewsBLEEDRED

Away fans in the home sections on 15:39 - Aug 31 by Saintsforeverj

There is probably something in this. There is such interest in the top 4 clubs around the world, that they will pay almost anything to get a ticket. Students, tourists, plastics, all trying to find a way to watch as they can't get a ticket at their team's home games.

As for last night, I saw one Hong Kong looking young guy with a Chelsea scarf on walking into the Kingsland. I informed a steward who stopped him before entering, took away his scarf, told him it was home fans only. He looked totally confused and couldn't speak English, he was warned he must keep quiet, so they let him in. He looked like a dopy, non English speaking tourist from somewhere.

Likewise, there was a group a 3 Oriental looking chaps with Chelsea tops on, one spoke good English and after being turn away just went away came back with all their shirts turned inside out and coats zipped up, let in. He explained they were staying at Uni digs for the new term and just got tickets a few days earlier (now on the database, so no trouble getting tickets in future) to be fair they just wanted to watch a game of football and were very unlikely to cause any trouble. But would probably wind up a few!
I think us old hands have to except that the game now brings a new breed of daytrippers Maybe have a couple of blocks for this type of fan?
Away fans in the home sections on 16:19 - Aug 31 with 939 viewsdarthvader

Away fans in the home sections on 08:51 - Aug 30 by TripleNiemi

Would probably get the one in four question wrong meself

Think the insertion of a chip sounds reasonable tho....
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 8:53]

If it stop me eating the chips before hand i'm all for it
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 16:22]

keep the faith coyr

Away fans in the home sections on 16:28 - Aug 31 with 924 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 16:09 - Aug 31 by BLEEDRED

Likewise, there was a group a 3 Oriental looking chaps with Chelsea tops on, one spoke good English and after being turn away just went away came back with all their shirts turned inside out and coats zipped up, let in. He explained they were staying at Uni digs for the new term and just got tickets a few days earlier (now on the database, so no trouble getting tickets in future) to be fair they just wanted to watch a game of football and were very unlikely to cause any trouble. But would probably wind up a few!
I think us old hands have to except that the game now brings a new breed of daytrippers Maybe have a couple of blocks for this type of fan?

You could have a neutral section, where seats arn't restricted to database I suppose, whereas the rest of the ground you can only buy tickets if been to 3 other home games.

Personally, whilst I understand there is a new breed of day trippers, it's home fans only for me. If they are foreign visitors, then come in and support the Saints if that's the city where they are at Uni. Why have they all got to be supporters of the big clubs? What's wrong with supporting the city you are staying in.

I still think, make it as hard as possible for away fans to get in. If they want to watch Chelsea, go to the University of London - simple.

Away fans in the home sections on 16:44 - Aug 31 with 914 viewsfranniesTache

Away fans in the home sections on 16:28 - Aug 31 by Saintsforeverj

You could have a neutral section, where seats arn't restricted to database I suppose, whereas the rest of the ground you can only buy tickets if been to 3 other home games.

Personally, whilst I understand there is a new breed of day trippers, it's home fans only for me. If they are foreign visitors, then come in and support the Saints if that's the city where they are at Uni. Why have they all got to be supporters of the big clubs? What's wrong with supporting the city you are staying in.

I still think, make it as hard as possible for away fans to get in. If they want to watch Chelsea, go to the University of London - simple.

The only reason the “new breed” exist is because the club allow it. Personally I want to see them stopped, the tickets taken off them and that number banned from buying tickets for a couple of seasons.

And if it’s a season ticket that’s banned then it’s given to local nippers for free for the rest of the season.

At the end of the day Southampton football club exists for the people of the city. They should always come first.
Away fans in the home sections on 16:54 - Aug 31 with 894 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 16:44 - Aug 31 by franniesTache

The only reason the “new breed” exist is because the club allow it. Personally I want to see them stopped, the tickets taken off them and that number banned from buying tickets for a couple of seasons.

And if it’s a season ticket that’s banned then it’s given to local nippers for free for the rest of the season.

At the end of the day Southampton football club exists for the people of the city. They should always come first.

I totally agree. Saints could easily get tough on this and change their ticket policy and I wish they would. But they know they would be stopping extra income, so they won't do anything to stop it. They would rather the tickets are bought, £60, £80 a ticket, stop them at the gate and throw them out if they are a problem and they still get their money.

Any I see, I inform a steward, and tell him that his face he isn't welcome here - home fans only, get out.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 17:05]

Login to get fewer ads

Away fans in the home sections on 15:38 - Sep 1 with 690 viewsSaintsforeverj

I have just received an email back on this. The club have confirmed in the email, that they will look into changing the ticketing policy. I suggested in the email that fans should need to have attended at least 3 Saints games, home or away, in the previous season in order to get a ticket for the top 4 clubs. The club confirmed they are looking at this as a policy.

They also said that after preliminary investigations, they found that there were even Man U fans sitting in Saints ST holder seats. These fans either attend Saints games as ST holders but are Man U fans for one game (typical i watch / like Saints but support Man U) and / or Saints ST holders are selling their tickets to Man U fans. They are looking at cancelling their ST's for breaking entry requirements. I hope they are as good as their word.

Other than that, they confirmed that there were 32 ejections in the stadium and agree it's unacceptable.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 15:40]

Away fans in the home sections on 17:15 - Sep 1 with 643 viewsdarthvader

Away fans in the home sections on 15:38 - Sep 1 by Saintsforeverj

I have just received an email back on this. The club have confirmed in the email, that they will look into changing the ticketing policy. I suggested in the email that fans should need to have attended at least 3 Saints games, home or away, in the previous season in order to get a ticket for the top 4 clubs. The club confirmed they are looking at this as a policy.

They also said that after preliminary investigations, they found that there were even Man U fans sitting in Saints ST holder seats. These fans either attend Saints games as ST holders but are Man U fans for one game (typical i watch / like Saints but support Man U) and / or Saints ST holders are selling their tickets to Man U fans. They are looking at cancelling their ST's for breaking entry requirements. I hope they are as good as their word.

Other than that, they confirmed that there were 32 ejections in the stadium and agree it's unacceptable.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 15:40]

I did see one Chelsea fan in the chapel the other night.
I scanned the area around me once they scored .

Now normally and I practiced before hand what I would do and say ,they would've been subject to abuse -pointed out and chucked out.

However he wasnt wearing colours, was sat with his Saints supporting dad by the look of it, and was about 10 . He quietly celebrated their goal with a smile and a fist pump. So I bottled it

keep the faith coyr

Away fans in the home sections on 17:21 - Sep 1 with 633 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 17:15 - Sep 1 by darthvader

I did see one Chelsea fan in the chapel the other night.
I scanned the area around me once they scored .

Now normally and I practiced before hand what I would do and say ,they would've been subject to abuse -pointed out and chucked out.

However he wasnt wearing colours, was sat with his Saints supporting dad by the look of it, and was about 10 . He quietly celebrated their goal with a smile and a fist pump. So I bottled it

The new wave of "anything goes" free to choose society. No son of mine would support a different club that's for sure!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 17:22]

Away fans in the home sections on 17:42 - Sep 1 with 607 viewsBerber

Away fans in the home sections on 17:21 - Sep 1 by Saintsforeverj

The new wave of "anything goes" free to choose society. No son of mine would support a different club that's for sure!

My son went for Spurs, sadly. In my son in law’s family, there is a long tradition of one of the sons supporting the team who are the biggest competitors to the dad’s team.
Away fans in the home sections on 17:48 - Sep 1 with 601 viewsdarthvader

Away fans in the home sections on 17:21 - Sep 1 by Saintsforeverj

Indeed. My two daughters were with me the other night started the youngest at five years old first game was in the northam , she's 23 now Still Saints mad

keep the faith coyr

Away fans in the home sections on 17:53 - Sep 1 with 597 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 17:42 - Sep 1 by Berber

My son went for Spurs, sadly. In my son in law’s family, there is a long tradition of one of the sons supporting the team who are the biggest competitors to the dad’s team.

The number of kids today, who think "I know I will support a club that I can never watch because I have no connection to the area whatsoever and live too far away but will get mum or dad to buy their shirt so that people think I support a good team. Thank goodness for my true local team because I can then watch my team once a season in a ground I can get to, in the home end, upsetting all the true, loyal fans, who know the meaning of loyalty and being a true a supporter.

Sorry I don't get it. Support your local club, instead of being a plastic. I explained that to my children very early on. Born in Southampton, support your local club. One of them wanted to bring a friend once who was a plastic Liverpool supporter. The answer was a resounding no. I told their parents that they should travel the 300 miles to their own ground if they are stupid enough to support a team they can't ever get to! Home tickets are for home supporters only.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 18:09]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024