Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans in the home sections 16:34 - Aug 28 with 10079 viewsSaintsforeverj

I know this is tedious, but again there were Man U fans walking into the ground freely, with their Man U shirts on. When they were pointed out in the stands, there was progress, as stewards did remove them, but why are they allowed to just walk in? The stewards are so dopy checking bags and not checking which fans are coming in.

So the solution - Firstly, any fan wearing away colours, just stop them at the gate! Stewards should be more aware, and turn them away!

Secondly, why an earth are fans allowed to buy tickets on the database who have attended a game over 10 years? In order to get a ticket against the top 6, fans should need to be on the database, and been to say 3 Saints games, last season. Make it tighter, make it more robust. So why won't they? Well it would probably cut out some income wouldn't it. I would rather a few empty seats, than away fans keep getting in.

And this is necessary, because I know for a fact, that away fans living within a 10 miles radius of St Mary's, buy a membership card, just so that they can go to watch one game, Liverpool, Man U or whoever they support from the top 4. This one game, meets the requirement of needing to have been to one Saints game in the last ten years and being on the database with a local postcode.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 16:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Away fans in the home sections on 07:08 - Aug 30 with 1638 viewsTripleNiemi

Away fans in the home sections on 02:19 - Aug 30 by darthvader

The black shirts? Fair play to them

The answers simple folks........

When one buys a matchday ticket the club instead issue a replica Saints shirt to the purchaser at an additional cost of circa £50. This MUST be worn to the game as you don't actually receive a paper ticket but instead have to don the shirt which has built in technology (similar to the AR technology currently used) to gain entry at the turnstyles.

The benefits to this approach are huge; increased revenues (£50 on top of the ticket value for every fixture), no staff wages to pay at the turnstyles as only Saints fans would be prepared to 'Wear the Waves' and no armchair away fans would gain entry in the home sections as they would not want to be seen donning a kit that has no Ronaldo or Van Dijk name on their back.

Easy peasey........

#BoldIsBrave
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 7:10]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Away fans in the home sections on 08:36 - Aug 30 with 1563 viewsSaintNick

Away fans in the home sections on 07:08 - Aug 30 by TripleNiemi

The answers simple folks........

When one buys a matchday ticket the club instead issue a replica Saints shirt to the purchaser at an additional cost of circa £50. This MUST be worn to the game as you don't actually receive a paper ticket but instead have to don the shirt which has built in technology (similar to the AR technology currently used) to gain entry at the turnstyles.

The benefits to this approach are huge; increased revenues (£50 on top of the ticket value for every fixture), no staff wages to pay at the turnstyles as only Saints fans would be prepared to 'Wear the Waves' and no armchair away fans would gain entry in the home sections as they would not want to be seen donning a kit that has no Ronaldo or Van Dijk name on their back.

Easy peasey........

#BoldIsBrave
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 7:10]

Good idea, but perhaps easier would be for each Saints fan to have a micro chip inserted in the arm then the club could monitor them from a control room, spot when someone is leaving home in Manchester for instance and then as they walked up Brittania Road casually meet them at the turnstiles and turn them away if they were clearly away fans.

I'm also for a test on entry similar to the exam for US citizenship, where when you enter the turnstiles you get a question on Saints up on a screen and have to select the right answer from 4 options, if you get it wrong then you cant get in.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Away fans in the home sections on 08:43 - Aug 30 with 1548 viewssaintwizzler

Given the level of intelligence of the match staff at St Marys, would they know the difference between a Southampton shirt and a Manchester United one?

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Away fans in the home sections on 08:51 - Aug 30 with 1539 viewsTripleNiemi

Away fans in the home sections on 08:36 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

Good idea, but perhaps easier would be for each Saints fan to have a micro chip inserted in the arm then the club could monitor them from a control room, spot when someone is leaving home in Manchester for instance and then as they walked up Brittania Road casually meet them at the turnstiles and turn them away if they were clearly away fans.

I'm also for a test on entry similar to the exam for US citizenship, where when you enter the turnstiles you get a question on Saints up on a screen and have to select the right answer from 4 options, if you get it wrong then you cant get in.

Would probably get the one in four question wrong meself

Think the insertion of a chip sounds reasonable tho....
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 8:53]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Away fans in the home sections on 08:58 - Aug 30 with 1532 viewsSaintNick

Away fans in the home sections on 22:56 - Aug 29 by PatfromPoole

Totally agree.

Steele was a disgrace at the Forum.

Nick can say what he likes about Semmens and Steele not setting the regulations. Apparently this includes the use of pyrotechnics. And then he says stewards will remove away fans.

The club is run by charlatans.

There is a lot of hot hair and ranting going on in this entire thread with little care about the actual truth of the matter and the problems in implementing things

Yes I can say what I like about Semmens & Steele not setting the regulations, I can say that for a couple of reasons, firstly it is absolute fact, the ground regulations are set by the Ground Licensing authority not the club and secondly because I have met the new head of security, something I suspect no one commenting on here has done, so I know what the issues are.

Pyrotechnics- there were over 31,000 people in the ground on Saturday, it is impossible to search every one of them, even if you can if they have stuck a pyrotechnic in their underpants you can't search there. As I mentioned earlier the police and stewards have to assess a situation, on Saturday they have to weigh up whether steaming in mob handed to nab the offender will create a bigger problem and so opt to try and nab him on the way out, they will have cctv footage and monitor the man leaving the ground.

Policing an away section, any away section has to be done differently than home sections, due to a 3,000 mass of away supporters and usually a more boisterous experience.

Blaming Steel and Semmens is an easy thing, Semmens makes a comment which has been twisted and suddenly is the big villain of the piece.

They are no worse or for that matter better in terms of understanding football fans than anyone who has run this club in my lifetime, they are hear to run a multi million pound business, they are not hear to run all the individual sections of the business personally.

Truthfully most people who went to the game on Saturday didn't see an away fan in the home sections, when United scored I couldn't see any in the Kingsland or any issues anywhere else in the ground, as i say 31,000 in the ground and there are about 4 pictures doing the rounds of United fans in home sections, we dont know if they were ejected or werent.

Truth is its about the people around the away fan, if they aren't bothered then the stewards dont know and it is way down the list of anti social behaviour.

Finally the problems won't be solved in a day, it takes time to implement, the first three games were problem fixtures with three of the clubs with big supports and volatile fans, lets be blunt we only have a problem with away fans in home sections for the so called big six, the other 13 clubs don't usually cause any problems with home sections.

Away fans in the home sections on 09:01 - Aug 30 with 1532 viewsSaintNick

Away fans in the home sections on 12:47 - Aug 29 by cocklebreath

This whole subject is winding me up, the club is so detached from its fan base, it should be trying to make the the ground more intimidating not even more lame, English football in general is probably the dullest in terms of atmosphere in the world except maybe the US and Japan.
On the subject of away fans in the home end it’s not hard to sit down and be respectful, I’ve done it plenty of times. The first time I saw away fans in the home end was at the Dell when Sharp scored all 4 in a 4-0 defeat to Everton and a group of 5 or 6 Everton fans celebrated every goal, I’ve always hated Everton since and was desperate for someone to kick the sh1t out of them, I was about 12 so it wasn’t going to be me

Away fans in home areas was a lot more of an issue in the 1970's than the 80's onwards, first season I went (1972)saw Spurs, Liverpool & Chelsea all have a big mob of around 1,000 in the Milton end and much fighting, no one back then whinged about how they got in the ground.

I watched footage recently of Saints v Everton in the FA Cup in 1981 at the Dell, there were Everton fans everywhere in the ground

Away fans in the home sections on 09:43 - Aug 30 with 1509 viewsBicester_North

Away fans in the home sections on 09:01 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

Away fans in home areas was a lot more of an issue in the 1970's than the 80's onwards, first season I went (1972)saw Spurs, Liverpool & Chelsea all have a big mob of around 1,000 in the Milton end and much fighting, no one back then whinged about how they got in the ground.

I watched footage recently of Saints v Everton in the FA Cup in 1981 at the Dell, there were Everton fans everywhere in the ground

Yeah but back then you could chin the c*nts without getting a lifetime ban or jail

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Away fans in the home sections on 12:06 - Aug 30 with 1472 viewsSaintNick

Away fans in the home sections on 09:43 - Aug 30 by Bicester_North

Yeah but back then you could chin the c*nts without getting a lifetime ban or jail

I remember when we played Pompey in 1984, the police arrested about 80 people at the game literally everyone of them received a custodial sentence, even those who werent convicted of actual violence.

And no I wasn't one of them

Login to get fewer ads

Away fans in the home sections on 12:26 - Aug 30 with 1446 viewsBicester_North

Away fans in the home sections on 12:06 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

I remember when we played Pompey in 1984, the police arrested about 80 people at the game literally everyone of them received a custodial sentence, even those who werent convicted of actual violence.

And no I wasn't one of them

I meant in the 70’s

Away fans in the home sections on 13:05 - Aug 30 with 1413 viewsPatfromPoole

Away fans in the home sections on 08:58 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

There is a lot of hot hair and ranting going on in this entire thread with little care about the actual truth of the matter and the problems in implementing things

Yes I can say what I like about Semmens & Steele not setting the regulations, I can say that for a couple of reasons, firstly it is absolute fact, the ground regulations are set by the Ground Licensing authority not the club and secondly because I have met the new head of security, something I suspect no one commenting on here has done, so I know what the issues are.

Pyrotechnics- there were over 31,000 people in the ground on Saturday, it is impossible to search every one of them, even if you can if they have stuck a pyrotechnic in their underpants you can't search there. As I mentioned earlier the police and stewards have to assess a situation, on Saturday they have to weigh up whether steaming in mob handed to nab the offender will create a bigger problem and so opt to try and nab him on the way out, they will have cctv footage and monitor the man leaving the ground.

Policing an away section, any away section has to be done differently than home sections, due to a 3,000 mass of away supporters and usually a more boisterous experience.

Blaming Steel and Semmens is an easy thing, Semmens makes a comment which has been twisted and suddenly is the big villain of the piece.

They are no worse or for that matter better in terms of understanding football fans than anyone who has run this club in my lifetime, they are hear to run a multi million pound business, they are not hear to run all the individual sections of the business personally.

Truthfully most people who went to the game on Saturday didn't see an away fan in the home sections, when United scored I couldn't see any in the Kingsland or any issues anywhere else in the ground, as i say 31,000 in the ground and there are about 4 pictures doing the rounds of United fans in home sections, we dont know if they were ejected or werent.

Truth is its about the people around the away fan, if they aren't bothered then the stewards dont know and it is way down the list of anti social behaviour.

Finally the problems won't be solved in a day, it takes time to implement, the first three games were problem fixtures with three of the clubs with big supports and volatile fans, lets be blunt we only have a problem with away fans in home sections for the so called big six, the other 13 clubs don't usually cause any problems with home sections.

So why are the club putting pictures on their own social media of an away fan with a generic pyrotechnic device, as if this was a positive thing adding to the atmosphere of the occasion?

While at the same time citing pyrotechnic devices as one of the big no-no's at games, and pointing to this as a reason why the Itchen North's behaviour has been unacceptable?

One would struggle to make this up if it were not true.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Away fans in the home sections on 13:43 - Aug 30 with 1384 viewsSaintNick

Away fans in the home sections on 13:05 - Aug 30 by PatfromPoole

So why are the club putting pictures on their own social media of an away fan with a generic pyrotechnic device, as if this was a positive thing adding to the atmosphere of the occasion?

While at the same time citing pyrotechnic devices as one of the big no-no's at games, and pointing to this as a reason why the Itchen North's behaviour has been unacceptable?

One would struggle to make this up if it were not true.

Its a bit of poor thinking from a low ranking employee in the media department, but it is hardly the biggest issue for our board to be worrying about in the final few days of the transfer window, I am certain that he didn't have to run it past Semmens or Steel beforehand.

As Gordon Strachan once said when asked about the problems with Augustin Delgado.

"I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today."

Away fans in the home sections on 13:47 - Aug 30 with 1372 viewsBicester_North

Away fans in the home sections on 13:43 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

Its a bit of poor thinking from a low ranking employee in the media department, but it is hardly the biggest issue for our board to be worrying about in the final few days of the transfer window, I am certain that he didn't have to run it past Semmens or Steel beforehand.

As Gordon Strachan once said when asked about the problems with Augustin Delgado.

"I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today."

It’s not a minor issue to a lot of fans, this stewarding and away fans issue is cheesing a lot of people off. Slippery slope when you begin alienating chunks of your fanbase

Away fans in the home sections on 13:52 - Aug 30 with 1356 viewsSaintNick

Away fans in the home sections on 13:47 - Aug 30 by Bicester_North

It’s not a minor issue to a lot of fans, this stewarding and away fans issue is cheesing a lot of people off. Slippery slope when you begin alienating chunks of your fanbase

The only issue with the stewarding is in block 1, there are no other issues in the other parts of the stadium, most of the 28,000 or so Saints fans in the ground had no stewarding issues to speak of, likewise the away fans, most supporters have no problems with them, they stand up as do Saints fans at all our away games, why are away supporters alienating chunks of our fan base, United fans in the away section caused no problems on Saturday other than the flare, I have seen Saints fans have flares at plenty of away games.

On Saturday none of our fans were forced to sit down nor thrown out for standing up

Away fans in the home sections on 14:27 - Aug 30 with 1319 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 13:52 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

The only issue with the stewarding is in block 1, there are no other issues in the other parts of the stadium, most of the 28,000 or so Saints fans in the ground had no stewarding issues to speak of, likewise the away fans, most supporters have no problems with them, they stand up as do Saints fans at all our away games, why are away supporters alienating chunks of our fan base, United fans in the away section caused no problems on Saturday other than the flare, I have seen Saints fans have flares at plenty of away games.

On Saturday none of our fans were forced to sit down nor thrown out for standing up

The stewarding in other areas of the ground is an issue, they let in away fans. I saw a few in full Man U kits! The Saints fans all got a very unpleasant email about behaviour, then we see pictures of flares on the website, after being warned we would be banned for life!

And there is a simple answer that Semmens and Steele could do right now - For Man U and Liverpool at least, insist fans have been to 3 other games from last season in order to get a ticket not one game from the past 10 seasons. You say they have no say over this, what do you mean , they are in charge!!! They definitely could implement this new policy, they are in charge, I really don't know what you are talking about.

And as for other clubs being warned of walls and closures, were all season ticket holders sent a snotty email? I can't see it on their forums.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 14:28]

Away fans in the home sections on 14:34 - Aug 30 with 1309 viewsSaintNick

Away fans in the home sections on 14:27 - Aug 30 by Saintsforeverj

The stewarding in other areas of the ground is an issue, they let in away fans. I saw a few in full Man U kits! The Saints fans all got a very unpleasant email about behaviour, then we see pictures of flares on the website, after being warned we would be banned for life!

And there is a simple answer that Semmens and Steele could do right now - For Man U and Liverpool at least, insist fans have been to 3 other games from last season in order to get a ticket not one game from the past 10 seasons. You say they have no say over this, what do you mean , they are in charge!!! They definitely could implement this new policy, they are in charge, I really don't know what you are talking about.

And as for other clubs being warned of walls and closures, were all season ticket holders sent a snotty email? I can't see it on their forums.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 14:28]

Where did I say they have no say in it, I just said they don't run every department on a day to day basis.

Yeah they could implement that those on the database have been to 3 games last season, but what would that really achieve, we might have sold 2,000 less tickets all to stop a dozen or so Manchester United fans getting in.

You say you saw people in full Manchester United kits, I'm sure they must have been children then, surely no adult would wear the full kit lol

Yes it annoys me to see a Man Utd fan in a home section, but it doesn't worry me unless they stand up and give it the big one, unless they do that it isn't really an issue, some people bizarrely actually think this is the modern world where you can go to a football match to watch a game of football without having to partake in a tribal chest banging ritualistic frenzy.

Away fans in the home sections on 14:47 - Aug 30 with 1299 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 14:34 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

Where did I say they have no say in it, I just said they don't run every department on a day to day basis.

Yeah they could implement that those on the database have been to 3 games last season, but what would that really achieve, we might have sold 2,000 less tickets all to stop a dozen or so Manchester United fans getting in.

You say you saw people in full Manchester United kits, I'm sure they must have been children then, surely no adult would wear the full kit lol

Yes it annoys me to see a Man Utd fan in a home section, but it doesn't worry me unless they stand up and give it the big one, unless they do that it isn't really an issue, some people bizarrely actually think this is the modern world where you can go to a football match to watch a game of football without having to partake in a tribal chest banging ritualistic frenzy.

And then you will complain about the home support, not being loud enough and getting behind the team. "Tribal chest banging" might actually make the stadium an intimidating experience for the opposition? You don't want that then? Be clear because a load of away fans in the home sections sanitises the home support at best, or causes trouble.

So yes after threatening to close parts of the ground, one simple change of policy could stop a lot of the problems. Yet Semmens and Steele aren't doing it. They would rather send letters out to all fans threatening to ban them, whilst not putting in policies that would solve many of the problems. I don't care if there is 2000 less, having the proper Saints fans there getting behind the team is better than tourists attending one game.

And the north car park is closed off before the game every match, it was against Burnley and Watford last season. At other grounds, they don't do it, only at Saints. We must be the most violent and terrible supporters in the land.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 14:50]

Away fans in the home sections on 15:16 - Aug 30 with 1272 viewsSaintNick

Away fans in the home sections on 14:47 - Aug 30 by Saintsforeverj

And then you will complain about the home support, not being loud enough and getting behind the team. "Tribal chest banging" might actually make the stadium an intimidating experience for the opposition? You don't want that then? Be clear because a load of away fans in the home sections sanitises the home support at best, or causes trouble.

So yes after threatening to close parts of the ground, one simple change of policy could stop a lot of the problems. Yet Semmens and Steele aren't doing it. They would rather send letters out to all fans threatening to ban them, whilst not putting in policies that would solve many of the problems. I don't care if there is 2000 less, having the proper Saints fans there getting behind the team is better than tourists attending one game.

And the north car park is closed off before the game every match, it was against Burnley and Watford last season. At other grounds, they don't do it, only at Saints. We must be the most violent and terrible supporters in the land.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 14:50]

You say we must be the most violent and terrible supporters in the land, well according to the stats in terms of arrests and ejections in the stadium itself we are, aside from the Itchen North there is only West Ham who have a section where there is so much trouble in and lets be honest it is not just caused by away supporters, some of the people I know who used to go in block 1 moved because they could see the issues caused by a younger element going in there.

You say a load of away fans sanitises home support , I can't see how, lets be blunt, there weren't that many United fans making themselves known in home areas.

The problem is for the club is that until they make themselves known usually when a goal is scored then you don't know they are there and then suddenly it is too late.

This thing has always happened but rarely have we seen any real trouble aside from in block 1, who is to say who a proper Saints fan is, why would you stop someone who works away buying a ticket when he comes home, or someone who didn't really feel happy with returning last season after covid, there are many reasons why someone hasn't been to a game last season.

But this is an issue perhaps 4-5 times a season and it is not really a load of away fans, probably only a couple of dozen at most who have been spotted, maybe not even that, I didn't see one in the kingsland and that holds about 10,000

Away fans in the home sections on 15:21 - Aug 30 with 1267 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 15:16 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

You say we must be the most violent and terrible supporters in the land, well according to the stats in terms of arrests and ejections in the stadium itself we are, aside from the Itchen North there is only West Ham who have a section where there is so much trouble in and lets be honest it is not just caused by away supporters, some of the people I know who used to go in block 1 moved because they could see the issues caused by a younger element going in there.

You say a load of away fans sanitises home support , I can't see how, lets be blunt, there weren't that many United fans making themselves known in home areas.

The problem is for the club is that until they make themselves known usually when a goal is scored then you don't know they are there and then suddenly it is too late.

This thing has always happened but rarely have we seen any real trouble aside from in block 1, who is to say who a proper Saints fan is, why would you stop someone who works away buying a ticket when he comes home, or someone who didn't really feel happy with returning last season after covid, there are many reasons why someone hasn't been to a game last season.

But this is an issue perhaps 4-5 times a season and it is not really a load of away fans, probably only a couple of dozen at most who have been spotted, maybe not even that, I didn't see one in the kingsland and that holds about 10,000

The picture is in the Kingsland! Scroll back in this thread. He is in a Manchester United shirt with Ronaldo on the back, freely standing there. Home supporters only the ticket says. Too late, make themselves known? There is a picture here with someone blatantly wearing an away shirt, how can the stewards not know?

Works away lol. He works away and misses every game but gets home for Man U or Liverpool at home and can only make that game, ok.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 15:30]

Away fans in the home sections on 20:37 - Aug 30 with 1165 viewsbarry_sanchez

Shouldn't be in the away end, simple as that and in many grounds he'd get taken out for safety as he'd get a crack for a being a liberty taking day tripper tw at.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Away fans in the home sections on 11:41 - Aug 31 with 951 viewsElijahK

I dunno about anyone else, but yesterday I did see quite a few Chelsea fans in their full kits try and get into the home end, although I did see quite a few stewards actually stop them for once (although why those fans would even come to a game in the home end, and think they could get away with being in the full kit with colours that make them stick out like a sore thumb)!
In all fairness though I didn’t see any fans in the home areas on full Chelsea kits today (although it was the Itchen North so even when there’s quite a few it’s rare enough that they’re over here anyway)

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Away fans in the home sections on 11:48 - Aug 31 with 945 viewsTimSaint

Away fans in the home sections on 11:41 - Aug 31 by ElijahK

I dunno about anyone else, but yesterday I did see quite a few Chelsea fans in their full kits try and get into the home end, although I did see quite a few stewards actually stop them for once (although why those fans would even come to a game in the home end, and think they could get away with being in the full kit with colours that make them stick out like a sore thumb)!
In all fairness though I didn’t see any fans in the home areas on full Chelsea kits today (although it was the Itchen North so even when there’s quite a few it’s rare enough that they’re over here anyway)

There were quite a few Chelsea in the Family Centre last night - but to be fair, those near us didn't cheer when Chelsea scored and even remained seated when Saints scored. They weren't in Chelsea colours or causing any issues, so nobody said anything, so it was as if they were neutrals I suppose.

To our left, in the Kingsland, when Chelsea scored, one guy went up and Saints fans were quick to point him out to the Stewards and they ejected him - and amusingly, as he was being marched down the steps, his 3 kids realised what was happening and duly followed !! :-)

TimSaint

Away fans in the home sections on 12:16 - Aug 31 with 914 viewsfranniesTache

Away fans in the home sections on 11:48 - Aug 31 by TimSaint

There were quite a few Chelsea in the Family Centre last night - but to be fair, those near us didn't cheer when Chelsea scored and even remained seated when Saints scored. They weren't in Chelsea colours or causing any issues, so nobody said anything, so it was as if they were neutrals I suppose.

To our left, in the Kingsland, when Chelsea scored, one guy went up and Saints fans were quick to point him out to the Stewards and they ejected him - and amusingly, as he was being marched down the steps, his 3 kids realised what was happening and duly followed !! :-)

One thought about the away fans in the home end thing. It’s definitely worse this year and I’m wondering if that’s because people are struggling for cash and realise they can sell their tickets at a stupid mark up online.

You can find sites where you can sell seats for a stupid mark up, the Arsenal game for example has tickets in the home end on sale for £130. With their scheme that lets season tickets holders buy extra tickets you’d only need to do it for the big games and resell them and you’d have paid for the season.
Away fans in the home sections on 12:26 - Aug 31 with 894 viewsdirk_doone

Away fans in the home sections on 12:16 - Aug 31 by franniesTache

One thought about the away fans in the home end thing. It’s definitely worse this year and I’m wondering if that’s because people are struggling for cash and realise they can sell their tickets at a stupid mark up online.

You can find sites where you can sell seats for a stupid mark up, the Arsenal game for example has tickets in the home end on sale for £130. With their scheme that lets season tickets holders buy extra tickets you’d only need to do it for the big games and resell them and you’d have paid for the season.

And I think a lot of those tickets go to foreign tourists who are unaware of where they should or shouldn't sit. The fan in the Ronaldo shirt certainly looked like one.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Away fans in the home sections on 12:33 - Aug 31 with 880 viewsElijahK

Away fans in the home sections on 12:26 - Aug 31 by dirk_doone

And I think a lot of those tickets go to foreign tourists who are unaware of where they should or shouldn't sit. The fan in the Ronaldo shirt certainly looked like one.

Even then though, I’ve been to pretty major games before (even saw El Classico as Camp Nou once), but any football fan, or even just a causal tourist who’s gone to the game would know that you certainly shouldn’t be going in one teams kit if your sitting with the other sides fans, and the same for celebrations. As I do think their were quite a few tourists at the game yesterday, but all the ones I saw were perfectly fine and did exactly what you’d expect from them (aka taking a few picks, and just enjoying the game)

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Away fans in the home sections on 15:39 - Aug 31 with 792 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 12:16 - Aug 31 by franniesTache

There is probably something in this. There is such interest in the top 4 clubs around the world, that they will pay almost anything to get a ticket. Students, tourists, plastics, all trying to find a way to watch as they can't get a ticket at their team's home games.

As for last night, I saw one Hong Kong looking young guy with a Chelsea scarf on walking into the Kingsland. I informed a steward who stopped him before entering, took away his scarf, told him it was home fans only. He looked totally confused and couldn't speak English, he was warned he must keep quiet, so they let him in. He looked like a dopy, non English speaking tourist from somewhere.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024