Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oriel Romeu 10:38 - Sep 1 with 1262 viewsA1079

This great servant and player for our club is apparently departing for Girona. I cannot think for a long time a player that deserves every possible thanks and best wishes for the remainder of his career. What a player he has been for our club and he has always seemed to be someone who simply was just grateful to play and pull on the shirt and give his all with no histrionics or dramas or sulks when he did not play.

As far as I am concerned he will always be welcome to St Marys and deserves a special place in our memories. The only disappointment is that we never got the chance as fans to show our appreciation and warmth for him.
Oriel Romeu on 10:39 - Sep 1 with 1250 viewssaints__fan__73

[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 10:41]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Oriel Romeu on 10:52 - Sep 1 with 1183 viewsI_would

Problem was "his all" meant being much slower than the opposition and, quite often, ended up with a goal against or a yellow card. Should have gone two seasons ago. Spanish league should suit him with more time on the ball.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Oriel Romeu on 11:08 - Sep 1 with 1141 viewsthissceptredsaint

Last season his legs did look gone but ffs the man has been with us for years always putting in a decent shift and doing his best, why emphasis the negative over the decent stuff. Solid professional grown ups are rare in the game now, he was on the whole a class act and a great buy
Oriel Romeu on 11:14 - Sep 1 with 1126 viewsblambo

One of the few players who ALWAYS gave his all and looked. like he actually cared.
Oriel Romeu on 11:21 - Sep 1 with 1112 viewsGRIM

We're going to miss him big time, players like him are hard to replace.
Yes, we've had his best years & yes his legs don't keep up with his heart these days but he was Mr Reliable. He put his body on the line every time he stepped the pitch.
It is probably time for him to move on & get back to his homeland. But their gain is our loss.
Best wishes big man & thanks.
Oriel Romeu on 11:30 - Sep 1 with 1095 viewsTripleNiemi

Wish nothing but the very best to Oriol; an absolute machine at times and very good servant to our club.
Definately gonna miss seeing his early scything tackle(s) in a game that's for sure.

Still, we do have a beast of a replacement waiting in the wings in Diallo.......

#LilyWhite
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 11:31]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Oriel Romeu on 16:48 - Sep 1 with 991 viewsdarthvader

Oriel Romeu on 11:30 - Sep 1 by TripleNiemi

Wish nothing but the very best to Oriol; an absolute machine at times and very good servant to our club.
Definately gonna miss seeing his early scything tackle(s) in a game that's for sure.

Still, we do have a beast of a replacement waiting in the wings in Diallo.......

#LilyWhite
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 11:31]

Sweet message from our Oriol
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 16:50]

keep the faith coyr

Oriel Romeu on 16:50 - Sep 1 with 983 viewsSaintsforeverj

Great player, fully committed professional. Very sad he has gone.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 16:58]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Oriel Romeu on 16:57 - Sep 1 with 961 views1teeminants

Class player writes a class message.

Thank you Oriel Saints legend.

In the video, he said: "Hello everyone. I hope you are well. This is a message that I didn't think, or know, whether it would happen or if it was going to come, but it is finally here. It is a bit of a sad message, but there is a bit of happiness in there as well, because looking back, looking at the memories of all the seven years that we have been together, it couldn't have been any better.

"There wouldn't be anything that I would change. It was unbelievable. We had moments where we struggled, moments where we were happy, moments where we had to dig in and find the energy to keep going, but overall there is nothing I would change, nothing I would do differently.

"In football and in life, I always think that it is not important what we do or what we say, it is way more important how we make people feel and you've made me feel really special. You have made me feel really loved, not just on the pitch, but off the pitch and everywhere I was going, I could feel your support and I could feel your love, and I will always be grateful for that.

"The end is here, our story has been amazing. I wish you all the best for the future, you will always have a Saint forever and [patting his heart], from there, I wish you all the very best. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much."

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Oriel Romeu on 17:00 - Sep 1 with 949 viewsBerber

Oriel Romeu on 11:08 - Sep 1 by thissceptredsaint

Last season his legs did look gone but ffs the man has been with us for years always putting in a decent shift and doing his best, why emphasis the negative over the decent stuff. Solid professional grown ups are rare in the game now, he was on the whole a class act and a great buy

This, sad that the time has come, but it was necessary, and best for the player Togo where his playing ability can still be utilised.
Oriel Romeu on 17:03 - Sep 1 with 945 viewsgrumpy

Oriel Romeu on 16:57 - Sep 1 by 1teeminants

Class player writes a class message.

Thank you Oriel Saints legend.

In the video, he said: "Hello everyone. I hope you are well. This is a message that I didn't think, or know, whether it would happen or if it was going to come, but it is finally here. It is a bit of a sad message, but there is a bit of happiness in there as well, because looking back, looking at the memories of all the seven years that we have been together, it couldn't have been any better.

"There wouldn't be anything that I would change. It was unbelievable. We had moments where we struggled, moments where we were happy, moments where we had to dig in and find the energy to keep going, but overall there is nothing I would change, nothing I would do differently.

"In football and in life, I always think that it is not important what we do or what we say, it is way more important how we make people feel and you've made me feel really special. You have made me feel really loved, not just on the pitch, but off the pitch and everywhere I was going, I could feel your support and I could feel your love, and I will always be grateful for that.

"The end is here, our story has been amazing. I wish you all the best for the future, you will always have a Saint forever and [patting his heart], from there, I wish you all the very best. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much."

Saints fans will always remember you,Oriel as a player that always gave 100% for the team and its fans.
Take care Oriel and all the best for the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024