Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans in the home sections 16:34 - Aug 28 with 10074 viewsSaintsforeverj

I know this is tedious, but again there were Man U fans walking into the ground freely, with their Man U shirts on. When they were pointed out in the stands, there was progress, as stewards did remove them, but why are they allowed to just walk in? The stewards are so dopy checking bags and not checking which fans are coming in.

So the solution - Firstly, any fan wearing away colours, just stop them at the gate! Stewards should be more aware, and turn them away!

Secondly, why an earth are fans allowed to buy tickets on the database who have attended a game over 10 years? In order to get a ticket against the top 6, fans should need to be on the database, and been to say 3 Saints games, last season. Make it tighter, make it more robust. So why won't they? Well it would probably cut out some income wouldn't it. I would rather a few empty seats, than away fans keep getting in.

And this is necessary, because I know for a fact, that away fans living within a 10 miles radius of St Mary's, buy a membership card, just so that they can go to watch one game, Liverpool, Man U or whoever they support from the top 4. This one game, meets the requirement of needing to have been to one Saints game in the last ten years and being on the database with a local postcode.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 16:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Away fans in the home sections on 09:27 - Aug 29 with 1778 viewssaintwizzler

Spare a thought for Toby.
He HAS to travel the country watching Saints play thus missing weekends with his family.

Give the guy a break will you!!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Away fans in the home sections on 10:52 - Aug 29 with 1720 viewsBicester_North

Away fans in the home sections on 09:17 - Aug 29 by SaintNick

You can moan at Steele & Semmens all you like, but they aren't the people who are in charge of dealing with the problems they are not involved with the situation in any way shape or form, their only involvement is to have to comply with the charter the Premier League has signed up to and employ someone to do this.

They do not set the regulations

Apart from possibly West Ham there is no other PL club’s supporters complaining about away fans flooding their sections and getting away with whatever they like, while the home fans are subjected to over the top stewarding trying to remove anyone who wants to do more than sitand clap.

Steele lied blatantly and embarrassingly about the away fans issue at the forum.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 11:05]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Away fans in the home sections on 10:59 - Aug 29 with 1707 viewsJaySaint

You can moan at Steele & Semmens all you like, but they aren't the people who are in charge of dealing with the problems they are not involved with the situation in any way shape or form, their only involvement is to have to comply with the charter the Premier League has signed up to and employ someone to do this.

They can, quite easily, stop away supports in colours strolling into St Marys.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Away fans in the home sections on 11:07 - Aug 29 with 1695 viewsBerber

Away fans in the home sections on 19:34 - Aug 28 by hedgeend61

Southampton FC rules are if you buy extra tickets they're for home fans only, simple as.

If any manage to get a ticket, keep quiet and don't take liberties, most wouldn't have a big problem with that, many of us have done this at away grounds.
Away fans cheering should be slung out sharpish to avoid aggro.

If you turn up at home turnstiles wearing away colours, stewards should be instructed to take ticket off them before entering, tell them to Fcuk off and discover the identity of who brought the ticket for them and warn them not to again, or else.

I agree that wearing opposition colours in the home section can be provocative to some when combined with vocal support for the opposition. I bet there are plenty on here who get into other grounds home sections on away days by hook or by crook.
Away fans in the home sections on 11:08 - Aug 29 with 1695 viewsPoirot

Semmens and Steele are the top dogs in the boardroom and so responsibility lies with them.
Away fans in the home sections on 11:17 - Aug 29 with 1679 viewssolent_toffee

Away fans in the home sections on 17:15 - Aug 28 by Berber

So what about guests of Southampton ST holders? There have been loads around me, they are with hardcore Southampton fans . I have brought my young grandsons to games, one a Spurs fan and one a Man U fan . Is this to be banned? Should Solent Toffee be banished from the ground, or even this board ? Your assumptions may be way off the mark.

I’ve bought tickets in the Saints end before for games with a clear understanding to my brother/mates not to act the tw4t, wear no colours and keep your head down. These are season ticket holders at Goodison who couldn’t get a ticket in the away end. There was no bother, even though Everton won (Steve Watson, late kick off, most drunk crowd I’ve seen at a match).

I’d say we’re pretty switched on though and know how we’d feel if someone give it the big one at Goodison in the home end, it wouldn’t and doesn’t go down well.

Unfortunately the planks that rock up at Saint Mary’s wearing United and Liverpool shirts (that Ronaldo one is just ridiculous) are your new age, fantasy football, Sky, Champions League generation who wouldn’t have a clue how to support their local, proper team and choose to fulfill something in their lives by becoming a customer of a big clue to gain some reflected glory. And would oblivious as to why they shouldn’t be there and under the terms and conditions of purchasing their ticket should be there.
Away fans in the home sections on 11:32 - Aug 29 with 1665 viewsBicester_North

Away fans in the home sections on 11:07 - Aug 29 by Berber

I agree that wearing opposition colours in the home section can be provocative to some when combined with vocal support for the opposition. I bet there are plenty on here who get into other grounds home sections on away days by hook or by crook.

Nobody is saying no away fans whatsoever should get in the home sections- if they do just don’t wear colours and don’t vocally support the away team.

Quite simple to understand really

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Away fans in the home sections on 11:42 - Aug 29 with 1650 viewsdirk_doone

It does seem that the Club enjoys the away fans' goal celebrations. Imagine if home fans had done that! They'd have been banned for life.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 11:47]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Away fans in the home sections on 11:52 - Aug 29 with 1630 viewsPaleRider

Away fans in the home sections on 11:32 - Aug 29 by Bicester_North

Nobody is saying no away fans whatsoever should get in the home sections- if they do just don’t wear colours and don’t vocally support the away team.

Quite simple to understand really

Exactly - we've all done it. I've even been in the away end at the Dell before now for a Chelsea game and have done this in England and Holland. However, I didn't wear Saints colours and allowed myself a wry smile when we scored!
Away fans in the home sections on 12:20 - Aug 29 with 1603 viewsBLEEDRED

I don't think anyone is complaining about someone who takes their child who support the away team or just go and watch the game. But when you get away fans wearing their colours standing up, winding those around them up and the stewards do nothing until it kicks off, and you end up with more trouble. If anyone is spotted in the ground in away colours they should be removed immediately, the CCTV cameras are scanning the crowd throughout the game, so they can identify them very easily if they wanted to, but prefer to pick out home fans. As for publishing photos of away fans with illegal flares on the club website, let's see what happens if a Saints fan lets one off at the Chelsea game!!!
Away fans in the home sections on 12:47 - Aug 29 with 1578 viewscocklebreath

This whole subject is winding me up, the club is so detached from its fan base, it should be trying to make the the ground more intimidating not even more lame, English football in general is probably the dullest in terms of atmosphere in the world except maybe the US and Japan.
On the subject of away fans in the home end it’s not hard to sit down and be respectful, I’ve done it plenty of times. The first time I saw away fans in the home end was at the Dell when Sharp scored all 4 in a 4-0 defeat to Everton and a group of 5 or 6 Everton fans celebrated every goal, I’ve always hated Everton since and was desperate for someone to kick the sh1t out of them, I was about 12 so it wasn’t going to be me

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Away fans in the home sections on 13:37 - Aug 29 with 1539 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 12:47 - Aug 29 by cocklebreath

This whole subject is winding me up, the club is so detached from its fan base, it should be trying to make the the ground more intimidating not even more lame, English football in general is probably the dullest in terms of atmosphere in the world except maybe the US and Japan.
On the subject of away fans in the home end it’s not hard to sit down and be respectful, I’ve done it plenty of times. The first time I saw away fans in the home end was at the Dell when Sharp scored all 4 in a 4-0 defeat to Everton and a group of 5 or 6 Everton fans celebrated every goal, I’ve always hated Everton since and was desperate for someone to kick the sh1t out of them, I was about 12 so it wasn’t going to be me

I agree with you 100%. The intimidating atmosphere is what it's all about. Us with the team, making it as difficult as possible for the opposition. Now I'm sat with a load of away fans around me, people in cardigans and Japanese people with Ronaldo and Salah shirts. They have taken away the game we love. This will be my last season ticket I have with Saints, unfortunately. I can't stand the way we are being treated and got to sit there clapping sweetly.

Away fans in the home sections on 13:51 - Aug 29 with 1517 viewscocklebreath

I noticed even Arsenal have some kind of gimpy ultras section now, it’s lame but they are trying to get something going

Away fans in the home sections on 13:59 - Aug 29 with 1502 viewsPaleRider

Away fans in the home sections on 13:37 - Aug 29 by Saintsforeverj

I agree with you 100%. The intimidating atmosphere is what it's all about. Us with the team, making it as difficult as possible for the opposition. Now I'm sat with a load of away fans around me, people in cardigans and Japanese people with Ronaldo and Salah shirts. They have taken away the game we love. This will be my last season ticket I have with Saints, unfortunately. I can't stand the way we are being treated and got to sit there clapping sweetly.

Agree 100%. I'm not an ST holder but I will probably stop going to Premier League games - it's so sanitised, it's just not fun any more. Add to that the obvious corruption from the League as a whole and referees, owners and players, punditry on TV, happy clapping, ridiculous stewarding etc and it has taken away the experience that I have enjoyed for 50+ years. I'll just stick to the odd cup game.

Frankly - it's a rip-off that, as SF73 rightly says, is no longer aimed at match-going supporters but aimed at arm-chair followers, the vast majority of whom have never and will never go to a live game, not least because they are from all over the world.

In my opinion - bring on the ESL and maybe even a World league.

PS I won't be watching the World Cup either!
Away fans in the home sections on 16:09 - Aug 29 with 1417 viewsBerber

Away fans in the home sections on 11:17 - Aug 29 by solent_toffee

I’ve bought tickets in the Saints end before for games with a clear understanding to my brother/mates not to act the tw4t, wear no colours and keep your head down. These are season ticket holders at Goodison who couldn’t get a ticket in the away end. There was no bother, even though Everton won (Steve Watson, late kick off, most drunk crowd I’ve seen at a match).

I’d say we’re pretty switched on though and know how we’d feel if someone give it the big one at Goodison in the home end, it wouldn’t and doesn’t go down well.

Unfortunately the planks that rock up at Saint Mary’s wearing United and Liverpool shirts (that Ronaldo one is just ridiculous) are your new age, fantasy football, Sky, Champions League generation who wouldn’t have a clue how to support their local, proper team and choose to fulfill something in their lives by becoming a customer of a big clue to gain some reflected glory. And would oblivious as to why they shouldn’t be there and under the terms and conditions of purchasing their ticket should be there.

Away fans in the home sections on 16:15 - Aug 29 with 1411 viewsLondonSaint76

Whilst I agree S&S are not responsible for making the regulations I would respectfully suggest that they are very much the people responsible for making sure they are properly implemented on home match days. It is clear we have been lied to by Mr. Steele at the fans forum and it is equally clear that certain sections of the home support are easy targets for what has been described as stroppy emails etc, etc….
What I think we have here is a lack of accountability - and by that I mean internally. Having seen the official SFC pics with Manure shirt wearers in the home seats and Newton Heath coloured pyrotechnics who higher up at St Mary’s is going to kick S&S’s backsides? My guess is nobody… As I have said, I agree they don’t make the regulations but away fans in home areas is nothing new yet nothing much changes. I don’t have a huge issue with guests / neutrals if they show some respect and behave but a lot of us have had enough of gloating plastics in our home spaces. If S&S either cannot or will not sort this out through effective delegation the who will??
I will post a thee point plan separately as this post is long enough already!

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Away fans in the home sections on 16:21 - Aug 29 with 1405 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 11:17 - Aug 29 by solent_toffee

When an away fan turns up in plain clothes and is respectful, nobody would have any idea anyway. It's the increasing numbers of away fans getting in and taking the p!ss, getting braver and it's increasing by the game. Something has to be done. If an away fans who is respectful can't get in, well tough in my book. Get a ticket in the away end, or visit your own ground. And I'm talking here about the numerous plastics who live in the local area and then use our ground to see their heroes because they are plastics who live nowhere near the team they claim to support. They are just glory hunting plastics, who have no idea what it's like to be loyal and support your local club. If you have members of the family supporting the best clubs, and have no reason to other than because they want to be a plastic, then they ought to have a word. If we all went down that route, clubs like Southampton wouldn't exist.

Away fans in the home sections on 17:08 - Aug 29 with 1352 viewsLondonSaint76

Three things S&S could do regarding away fans in our home areas:
1 - At the turnstiles: Have a dual layer of stewards consisting of the current staff doing their current jobs but with the addition of spotters - spotters are not responsible for bag checks ect but for spotting the away fans in replica kits or with away scarves /
lapel badges. It won’t get them all but ‘Ronaldo’ pictured in the stands elsewhere on this thread and plenty of others would not have made it into the ground.
2 - Live reporting hotline: Have a facility set up whereby if you have a plastic sat in front or to the side you can text the Stand / Block / Row / Seat to a dedicated hotline phone number or short code and along come the stewards / police and the plastics get removed. Clear breach of ground regs and home fans only is a condition of sale when they buy the ticket.
3 - Membership Cards used once a season: Bring in a points based system to qualify for tickets to stump the once a year card carriers. Work it in reverse so the least attractive opposition get max points. So, from last season if you attended the Norwich, Watford & Burnley games then 5 points per game go onto your record. However, make Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea etc 1 Point with 2/3/4 points awarded to opponents of varying intermediate quality. You could then say ‘X’ number of points are needed to qualify for a chance to buy a ticket for the Man U, Liverpool game ect - 12 pts / 15 pts??? This would render holding a membership card just to get into the game v Liverpool in your Nike replica shirt about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. By no means perfect but surely this would make life more difficult for the perennial plastics?
Just some ideas - I may well get shot down in flames, but as we all know, football is and always will be a game of many differing opinions….

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Away fans in the home sections on 17:18 - Aug 29 with 1329 viewskernow

Went to visit my daughter who was living in Bristol. Coincidentally Saints were in town playing City that weekend. As all away tickets were sold out I thought I'd chance my arm and buy a ticket on line in the home section. I never wear colours to games and have enough sense not to be conspicuous.
I received a ticket through the post. Two days later I received a letter with a refund saying that, as I had previously purchased tickets on line on the Saints data base, that my ticket had been cancelled and I wouldn't be allowed entry.
Maybe Saints should run checks on other club's databases.
Away fans in the home sections on 17:18 - Aug 29 with 1328 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 17:08 - Aug 29 by LondonSaint76

1 - At the turnstiles: Have a dual layer of stewards consisting of the current staff doing their current jobs but with the addition of spotters - spotters are not responsible for bag checks ect but for spotting the away fans in replica kits or with away scarves /
lapel badges. It won’t get them all but ‘Ronaldo’ pictured in the stands elsewhere on this thread and plenty of others would not have made it into the ground.
2 - Live reporting hotline: Have a facility set up whereby if you have a plastic sat in front or to the side you can text the Stand / Block / Row / Seat to a dedicated hotline phone number or short code and along come the stewards / police and the plastics get removed. Clear breach of ground regs and home fans only is a condition of sale when they buy the ticket.
3 - Membership Cards used once a season: Bring in a points based system to qualify for tickets to stump the once a year card carriers. Work it in reverse so the least attractive opposition get max points. So, from last season if you attended the Norwich, Watford & Burnley games then 5 points per game go onto your record. However, make Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea etc 1 Point with 2/3/4 points awarded to opponents of varying intermediate quality. You could then say ‘X’ number of points are needed to qualify for a chance to buy a ticket for the Man U, Liverpool game ect - 12 pts / 15 pts??? This would render holding a membership card just to get into the game v Liverpool in your Nike replica shirt about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. By no means perfect but surely this would make life more difficult for the perennial plastics?
Just some ideas - I may well get shot down in flames, but as we all know, football is and always will be a game of many differing opinions….

I think they are all good solutions. I like the points idea. St Mary's stadium is for Southampton FC fans, not for one match, day trippers. As you say 1 point for the top games, 5 points for lesser teams. If these plastics are so desperate to see their arrogant over paid heroes, then make them buy tickets for say 5 other games at St Mary's. Most won't, so it would solve the problem 90%.

But Saints know this right? That there are answers? But they don't want to stop the income presumably.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 17:24]

Away fans in the home sections on 17:48 - Aug 29 with 1297 viewsBerber

Away fans in the home sections on 17:18 - Aug 29 by Saintsforeverj

I think they are all good solutions. I like the points idea. St Mary's stadium is for Southampton FC fans, not for one match, day trippers. As you say 1 point for the top games, 5 points for lesser teams. If these plastics are so desperate to see their arrogant over paid heroes, then make them buy tickets for say 5 other games at St Mary's. Most won't, so it would solve the problem 90%.

But Saints know this right? That there are answers? But they don't want to stop the income presumably.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 17:24]

I think the last sentence sums up the whole attitude of the club towards supporters. Get the STs sold, then bring out the sh1t kits and other junk. A quick look round the ground on Saturday showed that the vast majority of the away kits were worn by kids and juveniles (not all). No doubt the majority of shirts sold will be to kids who never get to a game at all. Nothing to do with the game, nothing to do with supporting the team. Simple money grabbing.
Away fans in the home sections on 18:08 - Aug 29 with 1261 viewsBLEEDRED

Away fans in the home sections on 17:08 - Aug 29 by LondonSaint76

I think a points based system has been suggested many times, but for some reason the club are not interested. The other way would be you can only buy a ticket for an A or B grade game if you have purchased a ticket for a C or D grade game, but I guess in is all about sell them as easily as possible,
Away fans in the home sections on 22:56 - Aug 29 with 1071 viewsPatfromPoole

Away fans in the home sections on 10:52 - Aug 29 by Bicester_North

Apart from possibly West Ham there is no other PL club’s supporters complaining about away fans flooding their sections and getting away with whatever they like, while the home fans are subjected to over the top stewarding trying to remove anyone who wants to do more than sitand clap.

Steele lied blatantly and embarrassingly about the away fans issue at the forum.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 11:05]

Totally agree.

Steele was a disgrace at the Forum.

Nick can say what he likes about Semmens and Steele not setting the regulations. Apparently this includes the use of pyrotechnics. And then he says stewards will remove away fans.

The club is run by charlatans.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Away fans in the home sections on 02:19 - Aug 30 with 995 viewsdarthvader

Away fans in the home sections on 13:51 - Aug 29 by cocklebreath

I noticed even Arsenal have some kind of gimpy ultras section now, it’s lame but they are trying to get something going

The black shirts? Fair play to them

keep the faith coyr

Away fans in the home sections on 06:45 - Aug 30 with 959 viewscocklebreath

Away fans in the home sections on 02:19 - Aug 30 by darthvader

The black shirts? Fair play to them

Yep, the atmosphere was Miles better than I’ve heard at the Emirates before

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024