Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. 10:02 - Aug 29 with 11966 viewsSuddenLad

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:06 - Aug 29 with 7339 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good Luck, Jimbo...............you will need it.
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:11 - Aug 29 with 7305 viewsRAFCBLUE

Welcome Jim.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:16 - Aug 29 with 7257 viewsHopwoodblue

All the very best Jim let’s hope you can turn this round.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:16 - Aug 29 with 7249 viewsdale1968

I for one hope that we can now put the last 12 months or so behind us and move on into a period of stability.Let him assess the squad and hope he can turn around our on field fortunes.Good Luck Jim..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:19 - Aug 29 with 7204 viewsSandyman

Welcome aboard JB. Best wishes and good luck.
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:25 - Aug 29 with 7128 viewsDalenet

Yes good luck from me too. We need to give him time and lots of support. He has a hell of a job to do
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:26 - Aug 29 with 7110 viewsSuddenLad

Good luck JB and thanks to Jim McNulty for steering the ship for a couple of weeks. I hope he still has a part to play in the future of our great club.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:29 - Aug 29 with 7083 viewsBigKindo

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:26 - Aug 29 by SuddenLad

Good luck JB and thanks to Jim McNulty for steering the ship for a couple of weeks. I hope he still has a part to play in the future of our great club.

Reverting to player/coach role
Login to get fewer ads

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:34 - Aug 29 with 7046 viewselectricblue

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:29 - Aug 29 by BigKindo

Reverting to player/coach role

Welcome to the COA JB.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:39 - Aug 29 with 6984 viewsMoonyDale

Welcome to the fold Jim, if you can turn this lot around and get us to one place above the drop then you'll do for me....Fire em up Boss.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:43 - Aug 29 with 6949 viewskel

Welcome, Jim. Tough job but fortune favours the brave.

Does anyone know what formation he favours as I don’t really know much about how he sets his teams up?
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:52 - Aug 29 with 6870 viewsJames1980

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:43 - Aug 29 by kel

Welcome, Jim. Tough job but fortune favours the brave.

Does anyone know what formation he favours as I don’t really know much about how he sets his teams up?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jim-bentley/profil/trainer/15236

4 2 3 1 according to this site

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:59 - Aug 29 with 6816 viewskel

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:52 - Aug 29 by James1980

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jim-bentley/profil/trainer/15236

4 2 3 1 according to this site

Cheers, James. Any idea on his financial position?
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 11:04 - Aug 29 with 6785 viewsJames1980

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:59 - Aug 29 by kel

I expect he isn't looking forward to the hike in energy bills along with the rest of us.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 11:13 - Aug 29 with 6705 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:59 - Aug 29 by kel

Probably not a millionaire.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 11:24 - Aug 29 with 6640 viewsjonahwhereru

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 11:13 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

Probably not a millionaire.

He was at Morcambe 17 years, must be a millionaire 10x over by now!!!!
This is the most crucial appointment in Dale’s recent history. So hope he can raise the confidence levels around the club.
When does the transfer window close? I hope he has wriggle room to bring in some players he trusts.
Good luck, get em at it.
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 11:36 - Aug 29 with 6550 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 10:26 - Aug 29 by SuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/august/bentleyappointment/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 11:53 - Aug 29 with 6428 viewsD_Alien

Welcome to the Dale family Jim

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 12:18 - Aug 29 with 6288 viewsHullDale

If I had to describe how I feel about this appointment in a word, I think it'd be 'relaxed'.

I'm not massively excited, but I'm also not disappointed... its a sensible solution to the problem we find ourselves in. I'm not expecting champagne football, but I am expecting hard graft, physical fitness & in-game tactical flexibility.

Do I think he will get us challenging for promotion in 2 years? No. Do I think he'll make us solid & tough to beat? Yes. If he has a personal fire within him which matches that of Dale fans because of how he left Fylde, that can only go in our favour.

Wozz made a good point on Saturday - thanks to the actions of the previous board we are basically starting from scratch. We're not a stable Lg1 club that should be fighting to go straight back up. Equally, we're not a bottom of Lg2 club that relies on re-election... both are in the past. We are Rochdale AFC. We are fan owned & sustainable. & we will build gradually over the next few years in the hope of exiting Lg2 (the right way!) again.
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 12:57 - Aug 29 with 6074 viewsrafc1984

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 11:24 - Aug 29 by jonahwhereru

This is the most crucial appointment in Dale’s recent history. So hope he can raise the confidence levels around the club.
When does the transfer window close? I hope he has wriggle room to bring in some players he trusts.
Good luck, get em at it.

Closes Thursday 1st September at 11pm.
Good luck Jim welcome to the Dale
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 13:42 - Aug 29 with 5878 viewsborodale

Welcome Jim Bentley. Hope he can get this squad going , no lack of ability just a change of tactics and tempo. Good luck Jim.
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 13:44 - Aug 29 with 5867 viewsTalkingSutty

Great to have you at our fan owned club Jim...just to play football in our opponents half and look like scoring goals will be great. Players fit enough to press our opponents and players who show desire, fight and a real will to win games. Why did we have players passing it around in defence during the last minute of Saturday’s game, why did they they not try one last time to get the winning goal...what sort of winning mentality is that rubbish? The lot of them need taking out of their comfort zone and need to man up, you can do that Jim. We are good at fighting wars, we’ve just won one, when are the players going to come to the party and start showing the same passion?
Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 14:24 - Aug 29 with 5631 views100notout

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 13:44 - Aug 29 by TalkingSutty

Great to have you at our fan owned club Jim...just to play football in our opponents half and look like scoring goals will be great. Players fit enough to press our opponents and players who show desire, fight and a real will to win games. Why did we have players passing it around in defence during the last minute of Saturday’s game, why did they they not try one last time to get the winning goal...what sort of winning mentality is that rubbish? The lot of them need taking out of their comfort zone and need to man up, you can do that Jim. We are good at fighting wars, we’ve just won one, when are the players going to come to the party and start showing the same passion?

Great post particularly that last sentence

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 14:51 - Aug 29 with 5519 viewsArthurDaley

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 11:24 - Aug 29 by jonahwhereru

Good luck, get em at it.

A couple of years ago ( or longer ) didn't Jim get fined by the EFL for something . A couple of grand and the Morecombe fans had a whip round to pay his fine.

A large VAT Dave

Jim Bentley - officially appointed. on 14:56 - Aug 29 with 5483 viewsBlackburnDale

Welcome to the Dale Jim!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024