Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City selling well 15:22 - Sep 8 with 5748 viewsSalisburySaint

Just over 200 tickets now left

With club unlikely to take a further 1500 tickets, if you want a ticket you need to buy one soon
Man City selling well on 15:27 - Sep 8 with 5131 viewsSaintsforeverj

Didn't they say they have an agreement to take more depending on sales? Sales are great, so surely they should be taking the other 1500?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Man City selling well on 15:39 - Sep 8 with 5113 viewsSalisburySaint

Man City selling well on 15:27 - Sep 8 by Saintsforeverj

Didn't they say they have an agreement to take more depending on sales? Sales are great, so surely they should be taking the other 1500?

Think they would only take extra tickets if they thought they’d sell the majority, which I don’t think is likely
Man City selling well on 15:44 - Sep 8 with 5104 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City selling well on 15:39 - Sep 8 by SalisburySaint

Think they would only take extra tickets if they thought they’d sell the majority, which I don’t think is likely

We don't know though, thought that's why they changed the.policy "to see what we sell in the first few weeks'. It hasn't even gone to season ticket holders without an away game or.members yet. If the plan was only to take 1500 anyway, why say it will based on sales if it's not?

I still think we would have taken 3000 to Villa too. It wasn't given the chance. It sold out weeks ago. I'd rather have more of our fans roaring on the team than not.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 15:48]

Man City selling well on 15:19 - Sep 9 with 4891 views1ASIN12

Man City selling well on 15:44 - Sep 8 by Saintsforeverj

We don't know though, thought that's why they changed the.policy "to see what we sell in the first few weeks'. It hasn't even gone to season ticket holders without an away game or.members yet. If the plan was only to take 1500 anyway, why say it will based on sales if it's not?

I still think we would have taken 3000 to Villa too. It wasn't given the chance. It sold out weeks ago. I'd rather have more of our fans roaring on the team than not.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 15:48]

I agree with what you are saying , why did the club say depending on ticket sales we have an option of further tickets when quite clearly they had no intention of taking the full 3000.

If reports are true and after 3 days of sale we have 200 tickets left then how fast do they expect us to sell 1500 to take up the option .

Having said I don’t think we would have sold the full 3000 but you never know . Some may have been hanging on my untill the sales criteria falls so they could sit with mates etc .

I didn’t think we’d sell out 3000 at Tottenham on a Wednesday then take 3000 to old Trafford the following Saturday but we did .
Man City selling well on 15:45 - Sep 9 with 4873 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City selling well on 15:19 - Sep 9 by 1ASIN12

I agree with what you are saying , why did the club say depending on ticket sales we have an option of further tickets when quite clearly they had no intention of taking the full 3000.

If reports are true and after 3 days of sale we have 200 tickets left then how fast do they expect us to sell 1500 to take up the option .

Having said I don’t think we would have sold the full 3000 but you never know . Some may have been hanging on my untill the sales criteria falls so they could sit with mates etc .

I didn’t think we’d sell out 3000 at Tottenham on a Wednesday then take 3000 to old Trafford the following Saturday but we did .

Yeah, exactly. They never did intend to take 3000 to city, so came up with a made up story about seeing how many we sell, so that when they get asked why we take so few fans to sold out away games, they can say "Sorry, we didn't sell enough in the first few days, it's the fans fault for not taking the full allocation". They don't care, as this means they will never have to pay a penny for unsold seats, if we always take the lower allocation. To their surprise, and all of us, tickets for City were very popular. So their excuse didn't work out.

Same for Villa, it sold out weeks a go and they had no intention of taking the upper tier because it's a Friday night and they feared we wouldn't sell them all, even though we probably would have done. I know plenty who fancied a Friday night game under the lights, giving them the weekend off, more than a Saturday game.

And as you say, there are many reasons for getting tickets later on, sitting with friends, waiting for payday, waiting for the rota at work, loads of reasons. I hate the policy and hate it even more knowing it's just a lie and excuse, just in case on the odd occasion, we don't sell every single seat.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 15:51]

Man City selling well on 17:45 - Sep 9 with 4805 viewsCapt_Koons

Not surprised, Man City is a good trip especially if you like your curries.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Man City selling well on 21:39 - Sep 9 with 4729 viewssaintwizzler

Man City selling well on 17:45 - Sep 9 by Capt_Koons

Not surprised, Man City is a good trip especially if you like your curries.

Should be a goal fest.
SaintsFan73 is coming to my Oxfordshire mansion to watch it with some Devil’s Dandruff and some Fosters.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Man City selling well on 22:04 - Sep 9 with 4704 viewsPatfromPoole

Man City selling well on 21:39 - Sep 9 by saintwizzler

Should be a goal fest.
SaintsFan73 is coming to my Oxfordshire mansion to watch it with some Devil’s Dandruff and some Fosters.

WE MARCH ON

Good cervezas, mon amigo?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Man City selling well on 08:20 - Sep 10 with 4637 viewssaintwizzler

Man City selling well on 22:04 - Sep 9 by PatfromPoole

Good cervezas, mon amigo?

Pour Favour Bae

Man City selling well on 10:42 - Sep 11 with 4516 viewsSalisburySaint

19 tickets left now, be interesting to see if they opt for larger allocation as tickets still only available to season ticket holders
Man City selling well on 14:55 - Sep 11 with 4473 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City selling well on 10:42 - Sep 11 by SalisburySaint

19 tickets left now, be interesting to see if they opt for larger allocation as tickets still only available to season ticket holders

Their new policy says they will 🤔

We will soon find out, if that was a load of boll0x.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 14:56]

Man City selling well on 18:20 - Sep 11 with 4419 views1ASIN12

Man City selling well on 14:55 - Sep 11 by Saintsforeverj

Their new policy says they will 🤔

We will soon find out, if that was a load of boll0x.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 14:56]

We havent taken the extra allocation - looking on the mancity website the block they allocate for away fans in the top tier is on sale to city fans

https://tickets.mancity.com/en-GB/events/manchester%20city%20v%20southampton/202
Man City selling well on 18:44 - Sep 11 with 4410 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City selling well on 18:20 - Sep 11 by 1ASIN12

We havent taken the extra allocation - looking on the mancity website the block they allocate for away fans in the top tier is on sale to city fans

https://tickets.mancity.com/en-GB/events/manchester%20city%20v%20southampton/202

Just as I expected, cynical but correct. Saints place a few words of boll0x on the website to make a few gullible fans, think the club cares about the fans, but it's all a lie and spin, like most things nowadays. They never did intend to take full allocation for City or Villa, but put a few lies on the website to make us think they would if the demand was there, but will blame the fans as an excuse, when it's questioned.

Last season, it worked fine. Don't take the full allocation for Newcastle, City, Everton (which all fans understood), but for the rest, they sell out. This lie of "let's see what we sell in first few days" will mean small allocations for some of the games we take a lot of fans to. As the Itchen North has found out, the fans matter little these days in the PL. Yep, very annoying, they lie to us.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 18:46]

Man City selling well on 20:33 - Sep 11 with 4357 viewssaintwizzler

Man City selling well on 18:44 - Sep 11 by Saintsforeverj

Just as I expected, cynical but correct. Saints place a few words of boll0x on the website to make a few gullible fans, think the club cares about the fans, but it's all a lie and spin, like most things nowadays. They never did intend to take full allocation for City or Villa, but put a few lies on the website to make us think they would if the demand was there, but will blame the fans as an excuse, when it's questioned.

Last season, it worked fine. Don't take the full allocation for Newcastle, City, Everton (which all fans understood), but for the rest, they sell out. This lie of "let's see what we sell in first few days" will mean small allocations for some of the games we take a lot of fans to. As the Itchen North has found out, the fans matter little these days in the PL. Yep, very annoying, they lie to us.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 18:46]

If Djenepo is sold in January as predicted (Man City, Bayern Munich, Forest Green rumoured to be interested) then I’m done.
It wouldn’t of happened if Cortese was still here.

WE MARCH ON

Man City selling well on 21:46 - Sep 11 with 4310 viewsPatfromPoole

Surely they will take the full allocation for Palace away…. (???)

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Man City selling well on 22:10 - Sep 11 with 4303 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City selling well on 21:46 - Sep 11 by PatfromPoole

Surely they will take the full allocation for Palace away…. (???)

All the London games we will take full allocation (well I hope!) as there isn't any risk of it not selling out. Palace will be my next away game. Maybe Bournemouth but it's a weekday and probably won't get a ticket.

Man City selling well on 12:23 - Sep 12 with 4218 viewsSaintsforeverj

Confirmed, Man City has sold out. It didn't go to members and they didn't take the extra allocation. So the new policy is a lie.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 12:24]

Man City selling well on 13:00 - Sep 12 with 4189 viewsSaintNick

Man City selling well on 12:23 - Sep 12 by Saintsforeverj

Confirmed, Man City has sold out. It didn't go to members and they didn't take the extra allocation. So the new policy is a lie.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 12:24]

Why is it a lie, the Villa game took two weeks to shift 1,500 tickets and only sold out with two weeks to go, there was no real indication we would have shifted another 1,500, the last couple of hundred for the lower section took a week to sell, there wasn;t a clamour from panicking supporters wanting to go.

The sales process isn't just about how many we sell, it is about the sales pattern, for any away game, the pattern is set early on, the first 1,000 tickets go very fast whatever the game as we have around 1,000 who will go to most of the away games, it is how many you sell in the next few days that determines how many we will sell, for the Villa game and Manchester City game, the pattern has been normal, first 1,000 or so out quickly followed by sales slackening off.

Those that go to all the games away from home would tell you that neither game would sell much more than these allocations, if we had taken the top tier at Villa we might have sold another 200 tickets max, given it is a Friday night game on the TV with little transport options.

For Manchester City around 1,500 is the normal turnout up there, same as Newcastle and Everton, this game isn't popular with the travelling support, if we had taken another 500 tickets I doubt whether we would have sold them.

The answer is simple if people plan on going and buy tickets early then the club will take bigger allocations, what would yo do if I said I might go to City so could you buy me a ticket and Ill let you know if I want it in the days before the game when I decide if I want to go or not ?

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Man City selling well on 13:23 - Sep 12 with 4176 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City selling well on 13:00 - Sep 12 by SaintNick

Why is it a lie, the Villa game took two weeks to shift 1,500 tickets and only sold out with two weeks to go, there was no real indication we would have shifted another 1,500, the last couple of hundred for the lower section took a week to sell, there wasn;t a clamour from panicking supporters wanting to go.

The sales process isn't just about how many we sell, it is about the sales pattern, for any away game, the pattern is set early on, the first 1,000 tickets go very fast whatever the game as we have around 1,000 who will go to most of the away games, it is how many you sell in the next few days that determines how many we will sell, for the Villa game and Manchester City game, the pattern has been normal, first 1,000 or so out quickly followed by sales slackening off.

Those that go to all the games away from home would tell you that neither game would sell much more than these allocations, if we had taken the top tier at Villa we might have sold another 200 tickets max, given it is a Friday night game on the TV with little transport options.

For Manchester City around 1,500 is the normal turnout up there, same as Newcastle and Everton, this game isn't popular with the travelling support, if we had taken another 500 tickets I doubt whether we would have sold them.

The answer is simple if people plan on going and buy tickets early then the club will take bigger allocations, what would yo do if I said I might go to City so could you buy me a ticket and Ill let you know if I want it in the days before the game when I decide if I want to go or not ?

What a load of nonsense. You are completely missing the point. They could have just said we are taking the minimum allocation for Man City as that's what we normally take, no issues with that. That wouldn't have been a lie. Why say they would take more if needed if it isn't true and they never were going to? It didn't even get to members and it sold very quickly. If they were true to their word, they would have taken the next 1500. I doubt we would sell 3000, but it's the club who said they would take more if need be. They said it, so being as it's sold out in a week and didn't go to members, why haven't they done what they said they would do? I know why and we all know we won't take 3000, so why didn't they just say that in the first place. I will write it for you and the club

"Due to our normal sales pattern of not normally taking more than 1500 fans to City, we have decided to take the smaller allocation. This is to prevent having to pay for unsold seats as we probably won't take 3000."

Aston Villa - "Due to playing on a Friday night and the game being sky, we have taken the smaller allocation, as we fear we won't take the normal 3000 we normally take, as it's on tv".

There you go Nick. An honest sales policy, that doesn't pretend we would take more. They had no intention of taking more and you know it. If you know we wouldn't take 3000 to City, why don't the club?
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 13:31]

Man City selling well on 15:15 - Sep 12 with 4115 viewsSaintNick

Man City selling well on 13:23 - Sep 12 by Saintsforeverj

What a load of nonsense. You are completely missing the point. They could have just said we are taking the minimum allocation for Man City as that's what we normally take, no issues with that. That wouldn't have been a lie. Why say they would take more if needed if it isn't true and they never were going to? It didn't even get to members and it sold very quickly. If they were true to their word, they would have taken the next 1500. I doubt we would sell 3000, but it's the club who said they would take more if need be. They said it, so being as it's sold out in a week and didn't go to members, why haven't they done what they said they would do? I know why and we all know we won't take 3000, so why didn't they just say that in the first place. I will write it for you and the club

"Due to our normal sales pattern of not normally taking more than 1500 fans to City, we have decided to take the smaller allocation. This is to prevent having to pay for unsold seats as we probably won't take 3000."

Aston Villa - "Due to playing on a Friday night and the game being sky, we have taken the smaller allocation, as we fear we won't take the normal 3000 we normally take, as it's on tv".

There you go Nick. An honest sales policy, that doesn't pretend we would take more. They had no intention of taking more and you know it. If you know we wouldn't take 3000 to City, why don't the club?
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 13:31]

I really cant see what all the fuss is about, I can see your point a little with Manchester City, because there is still a month until the game and we could have had the choice of an extra 500 and not the full extra amount, but with Villa we had to take the extra 1,500 or nothing and they had taken two weeks to sell the first half.

It's hardly lying.

Man City selling well on 15:29 - Sep 12 with 4099 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City selling well on 15:15 - Sep 12 by SaintNick

I really cant see what all the fuss is about, I can see your point a little with Manchester City, because there is still a month until the game and we could have had the choice of an extra 500 and not the full extra amount, but with Villa we had to take the extra 1,500 or nothing and they had taken two weeks to sell the first half.

It's hardly lying.

The fuss is, we are heading down a path that we don't like. I remember away at Liverpool, when one of your friends from there asked why we didn't take the full allocation and you felt embarrassed. YOU said it yourself in your match review. It was the club again, who decided.on the smaller allocation, causing YOUR and others embarrassment. I remember when we took just one block at Leicester and it was embarrassing. It was a Saturday game, we definitely would have taken a lot more than 1100 we took that day. I don't want to head down that path again. And yes it is a lie, we have a month to go until the city game and we sold out in a week. I didn't even know we had the choice to get 500 more tickets, well that makes it even worse doesn't it. So it's not a lie, ok explain what it is then with a month to go and they said they would take more tickets if needed but they arn't? We could easily have sold 500 more tickets with a month to go. Let's hope the upper tier at Villa isn't empty like last time.

Edit: the upper tier will be completely empty anyway.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 15:43]

Man City selling well on 15:35 - Sep 12 with 4088 viewsSouthamptonfan

Man City selling well on 15:15 - Sep 12 by SaintNick

It's hardly lying.

I'm a f@cking member and can't go but wanted to. Got my hopes up when they said they would take more if needed. I would have got tickets, all f@cking 6 of us.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Man City selling well on 15:42 - Sep 12 with 4072 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City selling well on 15:35 - Sep 12 by Southamptonfan

I'm a f@cking member and can't go but wanted to. Got my hopes up when they said they would take more if needed. I would have got tickets, all f@cking 6 of us.

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/en-GB/events/aston%20villa%20v%20southampton/2022-9-1

Instead the section will be completely empty. This may be Villa as well but what a bunch of idiots. Lots of our fans want to go, but instead the section will be empty. Even if they sold.half of it, it's better than nothing at all is it. Can't you see Nick, the idiocy of the whole saga.

Today's graduates and business elite. Leave a whole section empty rather than make money on it and upset a load of people at the same time. Yeah, sounds about right in today's world.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 15:49]

Man City selling well on 16:05 - Sep 12 with 4052 viewsSaintNick

Man City selling well on 15:42 - Sep 12 by Saintsforeverj

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/en-GB/events/aston%20villa%20v%20southampton/2022-9-1

Instead the section will be completely empty. This may be Villa as well but what a bunch of idiots. Lots of our fans want to go, but instead the section will be empty. Even if they sold.half of it, it's better than nothing at all is it. Can't you see Nick, the idiocy of the whole saga.

Today's graduates and business elite. Leave a whole section empty rather than make money on it and upset a load of people at the same time. Yeah, sounds about right in today's world.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 15:49]

The sections will not be empty, they will sell tickets to their own fans, probably for about £50 instead of the £30 they have to charge away fans under the away fans charter.

Saints aren't to blame as such, it is the home clubs who knowing they will sell to their own fans if the tickets are returned are inflexible, City for example have already sold most of the second tier of what would be our allocation if we had taken it for £45 per adult ticket.

Sometimes Saints do get the allocations wrong, but in both ways, sometimes we take more than we can sell and it costs money, if we had taken the extra 1,500 at Villa and sold only 500 of them the club would have had to still give Villa £30,000 for the unsold tickets.

Man City selling well on 16:10 - Sep 12 with 4047 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City selling well on 16:05 - Sep 12 by SaintNick

The sections will not be empty, they will sell tickets to their own fans, probably for about £50 instead of the £30 they have to charge away fans under the away fans charter.

Saints aren't to blame as such, it is the home clubs who knowing they will sell to their own fans if the tickets are returned are inflexible, City for example have already sold most of the second tier of what would be our allocation if we had taken it for £45 per adult ticket.

Sometimes Saints do get the allocations wrong, but in both ways, sometimes we take more than we can sell and it costs money, if we had taken the extra 1,500 at Villa and sold only 500 of them the club would have had to still give Villa £30,000 for the unsold tickets.

And how much do we get per league place, when the extra fans make such a difference? You say the fans can make a difference?

And those seats for Villa are not on sale. Have a look at the link. It's says unavailable. So you're wrong and making things up, it will be empty. The only section to say that.

They haven't sold out in other sections to their own fans, so they won't open up the away section to home fans will they until they sell out the normal home areas. You're wrong, it will be empty. Actually look in more detail at the link and do your own research instead of naively just accepting what the club says.

There are lots of home tickets unsold across Villa park as the link shows, with only a few days left so as I said isn't stupid to leave a section empty. I won't expect a response, being as I have proved a fact, that the section is not available for sale and won't be until Villa sell
out their normal home tickets, which they won't, just like the last time we went there and only took the lower tier.

"The sections will not be empty, they will sell tickets to their own fans, probably for about £50 instead of the £30 they have to charge away fans under the away fans charter"

Oh really? They can't sell their £35 tickets! I'm sure it must be an amazing section, but I'm sure they won't be spending £15 more to sit there!
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 16:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024