Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Closed lists 19:56 - Sep 18 with 5269 viewsCatullus

This is what Welsh Labour has in store for us, ot's anti-democratic, it takes away our right to choose the candidate, it is not representative politics,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/welsh-labour-must-not-steal-25035920

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Closed lists on 10:41 - Sep 22 with 1126 viewsBoundy

Closed lists on 09:49 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

Tom Beynon on yesterday stating clearly they were a very bad idea and would discourage people from coming to Wales.That is a caravan site owner speaking who makes a living out of tourism.
Anyone involved in the tourism industry on here.?

Me and the wife have a caravan way down west , so I look on in interest if my site fees will now include a tourist tax

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Closed lists on 14:12 - Sep 22 with 1086 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Closed lists on 10:39 - Sep 22 by Boundy

Yep , Fabian Way is now 40 not 50 so it's a coming ,

It is strange 50 mph on one side of the dual carriageway while 40 mph on the other side. Not sure I have ever seen that before usually both sides of a road have the same speed limit. How can one side of the road be more dangerous than the other. May be worth a legal challenge if you get done for speeding.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Closed lists on 15:20 - Sep 22 with 1060 viewsFlashberryjack

Closed lists on 10:41 - Sep 22 by Boundy

Me and the wife have a caravan way down west , so I look on in interest if my site fees will now include a tourist tax

If the tourism tax is implemented, then I'd have thought that as the caravan isn't your permanent residence, then you'd be classed as a tourist, therefore liable to pay the tourism

I don't know for sure, but that would be my fear if I had a caravan in Wales.

Good old Drakeford, I say.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Closed lists on 16:05 - Sep 22 with 1050 viewsWhiterockin

Closed lists on 15:20 - Sep 22 by Flashberryjack

If the tourism tax is implemented, then I'd have thought that as the caravan isn't your permanent residence, then you'd be classed as a tourist, therefore liable to pay the tourism

If that the case Drakeford would have to pay it for his 10 month occupancy "chalet". I can't see that happening.
Closed lists on 16:10 - Sep 22 with 1047 viewsBoundy

Closed lists on 15:20 - Sep 22 by Flashberryjack

Interesting times ahead if that's the case . Site fees are enough to contend with as it is ,along insuring, servicing ,etc and for all the use we have out of it I can see that little pleasure going as well

Closed lists on 16:12 - Sep 22 with 1047 viewspencoedjack

Closed lists on 10:39 - Sep 22 by Boundy

Yep , Fabian Way is now 40 not 50 so it's a coming ,

Clogged up motorway around Brynglas tunnels

If you can get up to 50 its that speed from Magor to Tredegar park

50 mph past PT steelworks to 'reduce pollution' & then onto the new speed limits on Fabian way.

Somebody in the Senedd then decides we will add a tourism tax.

What a way to attract tourists to West Wales.

You really couldn't make it up.
Closed lists on 16:51 - Sep 22 with 1032 viewsBoundy

Closed lists on 16:12 - Sep 22 by pencoedjack

Clogged up motorway around Brynglas tunnels

If you can get up to 50 its that speed from Magor to Tredegar park

50 mph past PT steelworks to 'reduce pollution' & then onto the new speed limits on Fabian way.

Somebody in the Senedd then decides we will add a tourism tax.

What a way to attract tourists to West Wales.

You really couldn't make it up.

Ynystawe to Penllergaer next , watch this space , its 50 mph from the Travellers Rest to Carmarthen which is a duel carriageway and with the new law that all new vehicles have to be fitted with a speed limiter that's the fun of driving gone

Closed lists on 17:16 - Sep 22 with 1016 viewsFlashberryjack

Closed lists on 16:05 - Sep 22 by Whiterockin

If that the case Drakeford would have to pay it for his 10 month occupancy "chalet". I can't see that happening.

Does 10 month occupancy count as being a "tourist", I doubt it.

Although he did wriggle out of calling it a second home, so he'll find a way around not paying tourist tax as well.

The guy is an utter knob.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Closed lists on 17:40 - Sep 22 with 992 viewsKilkennyjack

Closed lists on 09:49 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

Tom Beynon on yesterday stating clearly they were a very bad idea and would discourage people from coming to Wales.That is a caravan site owner speaking who makes a living out of tourism.
Anyone involved in the tourism industry on here.?

Yes i saw that but basically he represents himself.
Not elected and not necessarily thinking long term.

I totally accept he has industry knowledge and is entitled to his view.

The report wanted one slant and he delivered it.
Maybe it should have started with why such a tax is used so widely worldwide ? The benefits ?
And then maybe what the wales context is ?

But you would only do that if you wanted a balanced and informed report …..

Beware of the Risen People

Closed lists on 20:59 - Sep 22 with 949 viewsonehunglow

Closed lists on 17:40 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

Yes i saw that but basically he represents himself.
Not elected and not necessarily thinking long term.

I totally accept he has industry knowledge and is entitled to his view.

The report wanted one slant and he delivered it.
Maybe it should have started with why such a tax is used so widely worldwide ? The benefits ?
And then maybe what the wales context is ?

But you would only do that if you wanted a balanced and informed report …..

He speaks as anyone running a business in Wales

We have had three breaks this year in north Wales ,renting properties in villages that are 70 % reliant on tourist money . Not my figures. I’ve spoken to the Gogs myself .

Llandudno is utterly dependant and is a glorious place to be for sure,any time of the year.

We are comfortably off compared to many and tax wouldn’t be an issue financially but it would to others who would simply go to the Lakes or Scotland . The north west of English has very good links to some very desirable regions .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Closed lists on 21:27 - Sep 22 with 940 viewsmajorraglan

Closed lists on 16:51 - Sep 22 by Boundy

Ynystawe to Penllergaer next , watch this space , its 50 mph from the Travellers Rest to Carmarthen which is a duel carriageway and with the new law that all new vehicles have to be fitted with a speed limiter that's the fun of driving gone

It’s the same arrangement that Felixstowe Jack highlighted at Fabian Way, outward towards Pembs is 70mph and inward towards Carmarthen is 50mph. I’m pretty sure it’s all related to road safety as there’s been a fair few nasty crashes on the Carmarthen bound stretch.
Closed lists on 21:31 - Sep 22 with 937 viewsCatullus

Closed lists on 21:27 - Sep 22 by majorraglan

It’s the same arrangement that Felixstowe Jack highlighted at Fabian Way, outward towards Pembs is 70mph and inward towards Carmarthen is 50mph. I’m pretty sure it’s all related to road safety as there’s been a fair few nasty crashes on the Carmarthen bound stretch.

There was a 4 car "incident" on fabian way today, by the sail bridge. None of the cars looked damaged that I could see but there was an ambulance with lights and sirens and 4 police cars with the road closed off from McDonalds in wth a massive queue stretching back towards Amazon.

Fortunately I was going the other way. It's always been a 40 limit by there though.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Closed lists on 21:54 - Sep 22 with 911 viewsDr_Winston

The tourist tax is one of the most catastrophically stupid ideas in the history of the Senedd, so you know it's a belter.

Civil disobedience is the only way it's ever going to change. They'll never get voted out due to the sheer volume of morons who think they're doing a decent job so other measures will need to be taken.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Closed lists on 08:42 - Sep 23 with 853 viewsCatullus

Closed lists on 21:54 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

The tourist tax is one of the most catastrophically stupid ideas in the history of the Senedd, so you know it's a belter.

Civil disobedience is the only way it's ever going to change. They'll never get voted out due to the sheer volume of morons who think they're doing a decent job so other measures will need to be taken.

It's not a sheer volume of morons though. Most people in Wales don't bother voting so we can't be sure. Labour got a lot less than 500k votes, more people in Wales voted Tory in the GE.
There may just be more Labour zealots in Wales than Tory. If we could persude more people to vote it may change, specially with so many people retiring here from England.

The closed lists though, that will turn more people off voting surely? It's another form of gerrymandering, allowing them to win a seat then choose who gets the gig. Vote labour and get the absolute worst candidate they've got in a safe seat while they put a good candidate in a marginal. Will we one day be saddled with a Drakeford relative who gets their first big job in politics?

There should be massive public outcry at this but most people will just sigh and say, that's why I don't vote, why bother?

Closed lists on 10:09 - Sep 23 with 842 viewsBryanSwan

Closed lists on 21:54 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

Tell that to half of Europe which successfully operates a tourist tax. Explain why it is not possible here?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Closed lists on 20:44 - Sep 24 with 799 viewsKilkennyjack

Closed lists on 10:09 - Sep 23 by BryanSwan

Tell that to half of Europe which successfully operates a tourist tax. Explain why it is not possible here?

Exactly.

Whats wrong with raising additional money to invest in the future of sustainable tourism in Wales ?

Its not even a radical idea.
Its just common sense.
Its a proven worldwide model.

Closed lists on 21:07 - Sep 24 with 781 viewsCatullus

Closed lists on 20:44 - Sep 24 by Kilkennyjack

Exactly.

Whats wrong with raising additional money to invest in the future of sustainable tourism in Wales ?

Its just common sense.

So is improving the roads infrastructure so that people and business can get aruond more efficiently so the economy can thrive but they don't do that.

Closed lists on 20:58 - Sep 25 with 748 viewsKilkennyjack

Closed lists on 21:07 - Sep 24 by Catullus

So is improving the roads infrastructure so that people and business can get aruond more efficiently so the economy can thrive but they don't do that.

Look over there …. 👀🤣

Closed lists on 21:22 - Sep 25 with 744 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Exactly.

Its just common sense.

Just makes the other parts of the UK without a tourist tax more attractive and cheaper so will reduce tourism in Wales with job losses resulting.

Closed lists on 21:25 - Sep 25 with 742 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Exactly.

Its just common sense.

Just makes the other parts of the UK without a tourist tax more attractive and cheaper so will reduce tourism in Wales with job losses resulting.
No a good way to run Wales biggest industry.

Closed lists on 21:57 - Sep 25 with 723 viewsCatullus

Closed lists on 21:25 - Sep 25 by felixstowe_jack

No a good way to run Wales biggest industry.

Specially given the cost of living, when people are looking for a break and they look around, if they can go somewhere very similar for cheaper then they will. Come to Wales or got to Cumbria? Cumbria's cheaper ging them more spending money. it's not the same as getting on a plane to go abroad somewhere sunny. If Wales had weather like Spain and Italy it'd be different. In the end it'll come down to how much the tax is and how it's implemented and I guess we'll see the results and any difference will be measurable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024