Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation 09:45 - Nov 8 with 1726 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58945/ralph-hasenhuttl-a

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 13:31 - Nov 8 with 1554 viewsTripleNiemi

Always have a chuckle to myself when i hear the rhetoric of why Gao didn't invest in the playing side of things.

Ralph deserves an award for keeping the club on the gravy train that is the PL. Sadly the year we have seen a modicum of investment may just have been too little, too late.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 13:32]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 14:00 - Nov 8 with 1513 viewskentsouthampton

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12740731/ralph-hasenhuttls-heaviest-defeat
Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 14:09 - Nov 8 with 1498 views1885_SFC

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 14:00 - Nov 8 by kentsouthampton

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12740731/ralph-hasenhuttls-heaviest-defeat

Ah, but what about this...

Old School is Cool

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 14:18 - Nov 8 with 1482 viewsclunk76

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 13:31 - Nov 8 by TripleNiemi

Always have a chuckle to myself when i hear the rhetoric of why Gao didn't invest in the playing side of things.

Ralph deserves an award for keeping the club on the gravy train that is the PL. Sadly the year we have seen a modicum of investment may just have been too little, too late.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 13:32]

Totally agree with you about Gao. How the situation is spun to look like he couldnt invesst yet funny how the famous Landers Sport sponsorship balls up has been brushed under the carpet. I will bet my left testicle that money left China - just never got to Saints.....
Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 15:00 - Nov 8 with 1433 viewsButty101

To quote the article
"When Ralph Hasenhuttl arrived at St Mary;s on 5th December 2018 the club was in a far different position than it is now as he leaves."

Im pretty sure he joined us in 18th and left is in 18th.....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 16:57 - Nov 8 with 1344 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 14:00 - Nov 8 by kentsouthampton

Why on earth do Sky have to put that on there. Fuk me, the bloke's just been sacked so they really have to rub salt in the wound. Ok, we all wanted (needed) a change at the top and it is part and parcel of professional football management, but is there really a need for that?

Don't recall seeing anything remotely like that for the myriad of other managers sacked in the past
Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 17:01 - Nov 8 with 1325 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 14:09 - Nov 8 by 1885_SFC

Ah, but what about this...

Now that's a bit different ................
Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 17:58 - Nov 8 with 1285 viewssaint901

Arriving at a club and embarking upon a plan to build a team in the image you want is something that he did well enough and we had a couple of decent seasons.

However, like many managers, when the game changed and the tactics and strategies had to change and as some players left of their own free will or because they never got games and replacements arrived who were poorly selected or poorly integrated, he was found wanting.

In those situations a tried and trusted tactic is to pick a core of say 8 players who play every week unless injured or woefully out of form and you put 3 players around them. That way the team is settled and when the pressure comes on they have the comfort of being able to play instinctively and not to some tactical masterplan that was hashed out earlier the same week.

RH did not do that. Instead he tinkered with the team, made decisions based on his own plan rather than listen to his coaches, picked players for two matches, dropped them and then played them again, went from never using subs to bringing on three/four at a time.

In short he was erratic and chaotic and this translates to players with no confidence because it matters not how they play, they could still be dropped for the next game.

In his time with us he did not advance the club significantly and arguably we went backwards with our once famed academy falling behind the likes of Chelsea and City. The whole point of our academy was young players being given the chance to play first team football. How many of those do we have now?

Summed up in his final game. Newcastle = best defence in the league. Goals against them are scored from low, hard crosses from the flanks into the space between the pen spot and the edge of the D. Last Sunday, perfect conditions to do that. Not once did we did do that.

Walcott - waste of a player. We would have been better with ten men until he went off. He left Che totally on his own against defenders who were are physical as he was.

It was obvious form the first minutes this was happening and he should have changed things after ten minutes. Instead he waits until an injury forces him to make changes.

For me, much of RH's failing were evident in this game.

I left the ground (bearing in mind I bought 5 tickets for myself and family) vowing that I would not return to watch the team whilst he was in charge.
Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 00:07 - Nov 9 with 1154 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 17:58 - Nov 8 by saint901

Arriving at a club and embarking upon a plan to build a team in the image you want is something that he did well enough and we had a couple of decent seasons.

However, like many managers, when the game changed and the tactics and strategies had to change and as some players left of their own free will or because they never got games and replacements arrived who were poorly selected or poorly integrated, he was found wanting.

In those situations a tried and trusted tactic is to pick a core of say 8 players who play every week unless injured or woefully out of form and you put 3 players around them. That way the team is settled and when the pressure comes on they have the comfort of being able to play instinctively and not to some tactical masterplan that was hashed out earlier the same week.

RH did not do that. Instead he tinkered with the team, made decisions based on his own plan rather than listen to his coaches, picked players for two matches, dropped them and then played them again, went from never using subs to bringing on three/four at a time.

In short he was erratic and chaotic and this translates to players with no confidence because it matters not how they play, they could still be dropped for the next game.

In his time with us he did not advance the club significantly and arguably we went backwards with our once famed academy falling behind the likes of Chelsea and City. The whole point of our academy was young players being given the chance to play first team football. How many of those do we have now?

Summed up in his final game. Newcastle = best defence in the league. Goals against them are scored from low, hard crosses from the flanks into the space between the pen spot and the edge of the D. Last Sunday, perfect conditions to do that. Not once did we did do that.

Walcott - waste of a player. We would have been better with ten men until he went off. He left Che totally on his own against defenders who were are physical as he was.

It was obvious form the first minutes this was happening and he should have changed things after ten minutes. Instead he waits until an injury forces him to make changes.

For me, much of RH's failing were evident in this game.

I left the ground (bearing in mind I bought 5 tickets for myself and family) vowing that I would not return to watch the team whilst he was in charge.

*This* is a fair summary of Ralph Hassenhuttl‘s time at Saints.

It articulates what so many fans have been feeling for a very long time.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 05:33 - Nov 9 with 1105 viewssaintwizzler

Does The Alpine Klopp continue to get paid monthly till the end of his contract or is it in 1 lump sum?

I’m guessing monthly.

Either way he’s laughing his bôllocks off.

What a mess we are truly in.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 09:57 - Nov 9 with 1048 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 05:33 - Nov 9 by saintwizzler

Does The Alpine Klopp continue to get paid monthly till the end of his contract or is it in 1 lump sum?

I’m guessing monthly.

Either way he’s laughing his bôllocks off.

What a mess we are truly in.

Would have thought they'd all want a clean break. Might be paying some of it in instalments, depending on cashflow I suppose.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 23:20 - Nov 9 with 988 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your best manager for over 3 years, and had some truly memorable results - and also some record breaking games.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 08:55 - Nov 10 with 883 viewsBerber

Ralph Hasenhuttl An Appreciation on 15:00 - Nov 8 by Butty101

To quote the article
"When Ralph Hasenhuttl arrived at St Mary;s on 5th December 2018 the club was in a far different position than it is now as he leaves."

Im pretty sure he joined us in 18th and left is in 18th.....

With an uncertain style, uncertain best 11, and not a lot of options, and we don’t have a recovering Danny Ings to pull us out of the fire this time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024