Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break 20:35 - Nov 17 with 2093 viewsSaintNick

Most Saints fans I speak to are glad to have some respite from the Premier League, but I see little enthusiasm for the World Cup

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 20:59 - Nov 17 with 2044 viewssaintwizzler

Nothing better than The World Cup or Euros when England are involved.
The country comes together.
The feel good factor as we progress.
The pubs are packed on days/times they’re normally not.

This year is going to be different but still I can’t wait till Monday.

If you can’t get excited about a World Cup then it’s time to give up football.

COME ON ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 21:03 - Nov 17 with 2040 viewsDorsetIan

Travelling to Saints has been a pretty joyless expedition in recent months, so a break is welcome and I'm looking forward to maybe watching something a bit more engaging when we restart.

As for the World Cup, it's a joke that it's taking place in Qatar. Watching a World Cup should be 100% enjoyment of the football/England's progress but this one just feels tainted. (Be typical if this is the one we win!...).

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 21:43 - Nov 17 with 2002 viewsSaintNick

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 21:03 - Nov 17 by DorsetIan

Travelling to Saints has been a pretty joyless expedition in recent months, so a break is welcome and I'm looking forward to maybe watching something a bit more engaging when we restart.

As for the World Cup, it's a joke that it's taking place in Qatar. Watching a World Cup should be 100% enjoyment of the football/England's progress but this one just feels tainted. (Be typical if this is the one we win!...).

I agree with your second paragraph it just feels like we have sold our souls, lets have the next one in North Korea

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 21:55 - Nov 17 with 1991 viewssaint22

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 21:03 - Nov 17 by DorsetIan

Its not just the BS fiasco of that sham of a country Qatar but its also the fact its winter and disrupted everything
The WC is a summer thing end of
Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 22:39 - Nov 17 with 1941 viewsBerber

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 21:55 - Nov 17 by saint22

Its not just the BS fiasco of that sham of a country Qatar but its also the fact its winter and disrupted everything

1966, all the chaps sitting in the stony and dusty beach car park in Cornwall, in shorts and cossies listening on the crackly car radios.
Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 23:29 - Nov 17 with 1882 viewssaintwizzler

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 21:55 - Nov 17 by saint22

Don’t watch it then.
It’s very simple.

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 23:49 - Nov 17 with 1869 viewssledger

i wouldnt back future good feel on an england squad full of crocks and players that have barely played
Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 07:49 - Nov 18 with 1686 viewspjt50

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 23:29 - Nov 17 by saintwizzler

Don’t watch it then.
It’s very simple.

If only it was that simple. It hasn't even started yet & it's already almost impossible to avoid coverage.

Qatar showing its true colours yesterday:
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-63656858

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Login to get fewer ads

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 07:49 - Nov 18 with 1686 viewscocklebreath

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 23:29 - Nov 17 by saintwizzler

Don’t watch it then.
It’s very simple.

Tough guy

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 08:35 - Nov 18 with 1631 viewssaintwizzler

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 07:49 - Nov 18 by cocklebreath

Tough guy

Zip it Smallbone.

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 09:31 - Nov 18 with 1588 viewsthissceptredsaint

I can't watch it knowing what we know. Argentina hosted a world cup whilst it's far right junta were torturing people under the stadiums during the games. They were better at covering that up at the time
Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 11:36 - Nov 18 with 1517 viewsdwayne_dibley

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 09:31 - Nov 18 by thissceptredsaint

I can't watch it knowing what we know. Argentina hosted a world cup whilst it's far right junta were torturing people under the stadiums during the games. They were better at covering that up at the time

and they bribed Peru to let them win 6-0 to move onto the next stage

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 11:40 - Nov 18 with 1508 views1885_SFC

48-hours before it starts and now they decide you can't even buy a cold beer in any of the eight hot stadiums. Who could have seen that coming?

Old School is Cool

Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 12:42 - Nov 18 with 1468 viewsfranniesTache

Not going to lie having the break over xmas when everything is so expensive is a nice bit of luck, costing in away games around that time of year is always a bit of a nightmare.

As for the world cup I'm not fussed, the whole thing is tainted by bribery for me
Seems Everyone Is Glad Of The Break on 13:38 - Nov 18 with 1419 viewssaintwizzler

Here you go guys.
You know you’ll all be watching The World Cup even though you say your not.
Here’s an accessory for you.
I know Southgate is a Kunt for not picking JWP (how dare he!) but enjoy it anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024