Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SAS Rogue heroes 22:12 - Nov 17 with 2727 viewsCatullus

I just watched the 2nd episode, I've read the books. They were completely MAD b'stards but WOW.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

SAS Rogue heroes on 22:38 - Nov 17 with 2699 viewsBoundy

It's what we do best , a combination of of rebellion, invention and a desire to win makes our special forces one of if not the best in the world. The nearest I ever got to the SAS was being part of the Hunter force during a winter selection course in the mid 70's , we were used trying to capture those on the selection course , tough enough for us and we had all the kit , them poor souls just had old battle dress clothing and a great coat , no buttons or belt , try moving across rough terrain attempting to avoid getting caught holding your trousers, no food water for days on end , physical and mental toughness at it's best

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

SAS Rogue heroes on 22:47 - Nov 17 with 2691 viewsWingstandwood

Rogue being a rather good description!

Take (fact, not an urban myth) Ralph Lazenby a Yorkshireman who latter moved to Swansea who was asked at his SAS interview why he wanted to join the SAS and he joked that he prefered to get behind the Germans and kill them rather than face their tanks and artillery head on.

Now that would normally have been seen as p1ss taking insubordination talking to a superior like that, but it was taken the opposite way in good humour as being exactly the type of loose-cannon the SAS wanted.

Anyhow (not on Google but fact) Ralph visited SAS at Hereford on a V.I.P visit a few years before he passed and had an helicopter flight out to Northern Ireland to see doings out there also.

His lot the 'WW2 originals' were and still are revered by modern SAS because they were basically on suicide missions of type of which would not probably even be attempted nowadays. We will never see their likes again.

Argus!

SAS Rogue heroes on 04:00 - Nov 18 with 2654 viewsTreforys_Jack

Found the music distracting initially, but soon got used to and found it actually fitted. Don't know why they showed Stirling's capture the way they did, if I remember the book correctly, he was captured whilst asleep.
SAS Rogue heroes on 06:27 - Nov 18 with 2637 views1462jack

SAS Rogue heroes on 04:00 - Nov 18 by Treforys_Jack

Found the music distracting initially, but soon got used to and found it actually fitted. Don't know why they showed Stirling's capture the way they did, if I remember the book correctly, he was captured whilst asleep.

David sterling and jock Lewes co founders of the SAS were both Guardsmen the latter being a welsh guardsman
[Post edited 18 Nov 2022 11:53]
SAS Rogue heroes on 10:50 - Nov 18 with 2569 viewsunion_jack

SAS Rogue heroes on 22:38 - Nov 17 by Boundy

It's what we do best , a combination of of rebellion, invention and a desire to win makes our special forces one of if not the best in the world. The nearest I ever got to the SAS was being part of the Hunter force during a winter selection course in the mid 70's , we were used trying to capture those on the selection course , tough enough for us and we had all the kit , them poor souls just had old battle dress clothing and a great coat , no buttons or belt , try moving across rough terrain attempting to avoid getting caught holding your trousers, no food water for days on end , physical and mental toughness at it's best

Sounds like a good away trip in the 80s😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

SAS Rogue heroes on 14:34 - Nov 18 with 2541 viewsBoundy

SAS Rogue heroes on 10:50 - Nov 18 by union_jack

Sounds like a good away trip in the 80s😂

I remember it being bloody cold wet and windy ,over looking Machynlleth living off 24 hour ration packs whilst the candidates had bog all , so yes some similarities

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

SAS Rogue heroes on 17:50 - Nov 18 with 2494 viewsDr_Winston

Different breed back then. Reading up on lunatics like Adrian Carton de Wiart, or my personal favourite Mad Jack Churchill, you begin to wonder if we'll ever see the like again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

SAS Rogue heroes on 18:13 - Nov 18 with 2488 viewsCatullus

SAS Rogue heroes on 17:50 - Nov 18 by Dr_Winston

Different breed back then. Reading up on lunatics like Adrian Carton de Wiart, or my personal favourite Mad Jack Churchill, you begin to wonder if we'll ever see the like again.

This kind of thing is being bred out. We have rampant H&S, we have service personnel who complain they didn't join up to fight.

I personally know a woman who joined the Royal Navy and on being deployed to te Gulf, her ship was to hunt pirates, she bought herself out. Apparently she didn't think the armed forces could be so dangerous

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

SAS Rogue heroes on 18:46 - Nov 18 with 2481 viewstheloneranger

Read up on Freddy Spencer Chapman - another brave, mad b@stard.

These are 2 excellent reads -

"Jungle Soldier: The True Story of Freddy Spencer Chapman" and

"The Jungle is Neutral: A Soldier's Two-Year Escape from the Japanese Army"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

SAS Rogue heroes on 19:18 - Nov 18 with 2471 views1462jack

SAS Rogue heroes on 18:46 - Nov 18 by theloneranger

Read jungle soldier great read , some man he was
SAS Rogue heroes on 19:31 - Nov 18 with 2465 viewsCatullus

SAS Rogue heroes on 19:18 - Nov 18 by 1462jack

Read jungle soldier great read , some man he was

It's not SAS but try "From Omaha to the Scheldt" which is about 47 Commando.

The Commando's back then, they were also incredible men.

SAS Rogue heroes on 21:58 - Nov 18 with 2430 viewsDr_Winston

I've heard of Chapman. Balls of steel.

If we're talking Jungle Warfare, Jacob Vouza's story also takes some beating. First heard about him in Robert Leckie's book about the Battle of Guadalcanal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_C._Vouza

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

SAS Rogue heroes on 23:16 - Nov 18 with 2405 viewsTreforys_Jack

Was Mad Jack, the guy with the longbow ? Been meaning to read up about him.
SAS Rogue heroes on 23:52 - Nov 18 with 2386 viewsmax936

Ain't seen it, somin else was clashing with it when it first started, I intend watching it at some point though, but its been manic here lately.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

SAS Rogue heroes on 10:08 - Nov 19 with 2334 viewscontroversial_jack

I've read the Jungle is neutral, remarkable. The Japs thought there were 200 Aussie soldiers waging a campaign against them, there were just3 Brits if i remember correctly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024