Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 142894 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:55 - Jan 1 with 7414 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Before one player walks through the door ever again, I’d like to see QPR put more emphasis on players actually being physically fit to play, so that we reduce the persistently high number of players injured.

I know folks will reply ‘but we’re trying to turn sow’s ears into silk purses’ but if we’re so skint, surely we cannot keep shelling out thousands on blokes who are always on the physio’s table. It’s a waste of money.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 17:37]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:06 - Jan 1 with 7180 viewsHoopstar

Where has the Ellis Simms rumour come from?

Be happy enough with that
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:32 - Jan 1 with 7086 viewstraininvain

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:06 - Jan 1 by Hoopstar

Where has the Ellis Simms rumour come from?

Be happy enough with that

Likewise. Bit of an odd one as I thought Everton recalled Simms so that he could play for them.

Doesn’t seem logical to recall a player when he’s playing well only to loan him to another club in the same division that are lower in the league.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it happens but I doubt it will.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:02 - Jan 1 with 7010 viewsLazyFan

Based on zero evidence whatsoever, here is a total guess on what I think will happen in Jan ...

*Contract Ending This Season*
Balogun = Jan nothing will happen and he will be let go in the summer
Shodipo = Jan nothing will happen and he will be let go in the summer
Masterton = Jan nothing will happen, he will be let go in the summer
Bonne = He will go back to Charlton and our fee to them will be reduced as it was obviously instalments.
Bettache = Loan him and he may get a one-year renewal in Jan as JoJo will be in his last year soon and is never fit so, we need coverage when the loans go back in the summer
Archer = Nothing, he will be let go in the summer
Thomas = Allowed to move for nothing or if loaned he will be let go in the summer
Willock = Year option will be triggered but no one will buy him and he won't sign a bigger contract so, will move for just £1.5m in the summer as everyone knows about him and won't want to pay silly money when they can have him on the cheap
Amos = He should be given a 3+1 option in Jan, if he does not sign he's off by his own choice in the summer or if we have +1 we would have to sell him. This is the one to watch as it sets the tone for the whole squad.

Loanees:
Laird = Retained, Manure won't recall as he's getting game time here unless Florist put in an offer.
Tim I = Retained, Villa won't recall as he's getting game time here unless Florist put in an offer.
Richards (option to buy £400k?) = Retained, let's see if he can get fit.
Roberts = If we can send him back, otherwise we shall suffer until summer, he's on massive wages no doubt. The upside is there is no chance we are getting promoted now so, we won't have to pay the fee.

Summer:
Dykes needs to be sold as he will be in his last year and I assume we have the usual +1 option. I suspect we shall only get £3m from Grangers, but we should take it and reinvest
Field needs a new contract this Jan or he will be in his last 1+1
Rob Dickie needs a new contract this Jan as above
Dunne needs a new contract this Jan as above
Armstrong needs a new contract this Jan as above
Dozzell needs a new contract this Jan as above, some may say he's not worth it, but we could be short on midfielders soon
Kakay needs a new contract this Jan as otherwise, we have no RB when Laird goes back.
Niko Tourist will be in his last year and may find a club willing to give him a 2-year contract so, he may be off on a free to avoid being out of contract which is death to footballers.

Due to the summer situation, this Jan is a massive month for contracts for the club I would say. And in the summer one or more of our sellable players, Willock, Dieng, or Chair will defo be sold. No doubt about that. Summer is a rebuild jobbie and I suspect that's why Beale was off, he realised that there was no money to even retain the squad we have, let alone rebuild it.

We shall know by Feb the state of the club. This is a critical month for the squad long term and if nothing happens, summer will be even more pressured than ever.

Contract Data source:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/kader/verein/1039/saison_id/

zzzzzzzzzz

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:31 - Jan 1 with 6909 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:02 - Jan 1 by LazyFan

Based on zero evidence whatsoever, here is a total guess on what I think will happen in Jan ...

Bonne = He will go back to Charlton and our fee to them will be reduced as it was obviously instalments.
Bettache = Loan him and he may get a one-year renewal in Jan as JoJo will be in his last year soon and is never fit so, we need coverage when the loans go back in the summer
Thomas = Allowed to move for nothing or if loaned he will be let go in the summer
Willock = Year option will be triggered but no one will buy him and he won't sign a bigger contract so, will move for just £1.5m in the summer as everyone knows about him and won't want to pay silly money when they can have him on the cheap
Amos = He should be given a 3+1 option in Jan, if he does not sign he's off by his own choice in the summer or if we have +1 we would have to sell him. This is the one to watch as it sets the tone for the whole squad.

Loanees:
Laird = Retained, Manure won't recall as he's getting game time here unless Florist put in an offer.
Tim I = Retained, Villa won't recall as he's getting game time here unless Florist put in an offer.
Roberts = If we can send him back, otherwise we shall suffer until summer, he's on massive wages no doubt. The upside is there is no chance we are getting promoted now so, we won't have to pay the fee.

Summer:
Dykes needs to be sold as he will be in his last year and I assume we have the usual +1 option. I suspect we shall only get £3m from Grangers, but we should take it and reinvest
Dozzell needs a new contract this Jan as above, some may say he's not worth it, but we could be short on midfielders soon
Kakay needs a new contract this Jan as otherwise, we have no RB when Laird goes back.
Niko Tourist will be in his last year and may find a club willing to give him a 2-year contract so, he may be off on a free to avoid being out of contract which is death to footballers.

Due to the summer situation, this Jan is a massive month for contracts for the club I would say. And in the summer one or more of our sellable players, Willock, Dieng, or Chair will defo be sold. No doubt about that. Summer is a rebuild jobbie and I suspect that's why Beale was off, he realised that there was no money to even retain the squad we have, let alone rebuild it.

We shall know by Feb the state of the club. This is a critical month for the squad long term and if nothing happens, summer will be even more pressured than ever.

Contract Data source:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/kader/verein/1039/saison_id/

Some contract info you may not have known, LazyFan:

Bettache has a one year option. Can't see it being used though.
Amos has no option on his contract.
Dykes' contract is to 2024 with no option.
Field's contract is to 2025.
Dunne's contract is to 2024 with a one year option.
Dozzell's contract is to 2024 with a one year option.
Kakay's contract is to 2024 with no option.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:48 - Jan 1 with 6731 viewskensalriser

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:32 - Jan 1 by traininvain

Likewise. Bit of an odd one as I thought Everton recalled Simms so that he could play for them.

Doesn’t seem logical to recall a player when he’s playing well only to loan him to another club in the same division that are lower in the league.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it happens but I doubt it will.

Recalled from Sunderland (4th) and then loaned to QPR (13th).

Yep, a big bunch of hairy bollox just like all the other holiday drinking fuelled nonsense being belched up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:07 - Jan 1 with 6625 viewsPinnerPaul

January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:51 - Dec 31 by WestbourneR

'His form'? This is laughable - a few people saying Willock's 'form' has halved his value or he's only worth £4mill now. What are you talking about?? He's been injured and then had two or three bad games (probably because he's about to leave).

Aside from that he was on fire for the whole of last season and even more on fire for the start of this one.

He's still a £10million pound player - easy - and if we weren't in such a weak position it'd be a lot more. He's not as talented as Eze but he's easily as effective, if not more so.

He's not played well since he was injured.

Now football and due diligence are not great bed fellows, but who would be daft enough to spend £10M on a better than average Championship number 10 who hasn't shown his true form since suffering a bad injury.

Its a crowded market place - any sane club is going to wait another 5 months and reassess.

Those who say, he HAS to play are talking nonsense.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:33 - Jan 1 with 6553 viewsnumptydumpty

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:30 - Dec 31 by gobbles

Your implication is that our problems can be solved simply by buying and selling players. Thus you get posts saying get rid of half the squad as they are not good enough, whereas anyone with a basic knowledge of even relatively recent QPR history would know that wholesale changes are a recipe for disaster, as they create factions in the squad, makes it impossible to build any sort of club ethos and makes us only a draw for mercenary players, while all our better players want out.
Personally, I would rather Critchley gets to the bottom of why we are under performing and gets into the head of the players we have. Why are guys like Dickie a shadow of what they were and how can we get them back? How do we involve Dykes better? Why don't Field and Dozzell get further up the pitch? What they hell has happened with Amos? These are players who should have some sort of upside and future yet so many are just saying 'they're sh*t, dump them'. Guys like Thomas come in and people see it as '45 minutes to save your career'. What sort of business is that?
Even when the wheels fell off at the end of last season, this squad had some spirit about them. Now there doesn't seem to be any. If we don't create a bit of a squad feeling, no one with anything about them would come here anyway.
PS: If we need anyone incoming, we need cover for Johansen, a midfielder who can pass the ball forward.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 18:35]

It's a thread about January Transfer Window developments if any and rumours.

Seen as that's happening at moment , what's the issue.

I didn't say we could sell many and bring new ones in.

Said it was notoriously difficult to make changes.

Just put it up as a thread so anyone could post if they got wind of anything

Sorry Sir Gobbles for causing you pain !! 🤣

And you have posted on it, giving your four penneth which is fine. Don't get why you criticising me for putting up this thread. Someone else would have done it if I hadn't.

Good luck

Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:18 - Jan 1 with 6422 viewsAndybrat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:33 - Jan 1 by numptydumpty

And you have posted on it, giving your four penneth which is fine. Don't get why you criticising me for putting up this thread. Someone else would have done it if I hadn't.

Good luck

I think we could do worse than bring some loan players back, thinking Kelman and Duke-McKenna specifically. Seems I am the only person who likes D-M probably because the last time I saw him play was against Everton in the Carabao Cup. That game showed the art of the possible.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:58 - Jan 1 with 6309 viewsLazyFan

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:31 - Jan 1 by dmm

Some contract info you may not have known, LazyFan:

Bettache has a one year option. Can't see it being used though.
Amos has no option on his contract.
Dykes' contract is to 2024 with no option.
Field's contract is to 2025.
Dunne's contract is to 2024 with a one year option.
Dozzell's contract is to 2024 with a one year option.
Kakay's contract is to 2024 with no option.

Thanks, I assume your source is the QPR website or something else?

I can see Bettache being optioned as it's probably only youth team wages, as JoJo has just one more year after this season and he gets injured a lot. This leaves us in the middle with only Field and Dozzell ever available for 2023-24 season, assuming we don't extend Amos and either of them don't get injured. Even if we do extend Amos, that is still too lite as he gets injured often too.

Kakay will take the renewal and we need him too as we have zero RB's if he does not.

Dykes is a must-sell this Jan if he has no option. Otherwise, we won't even get the £2m back for him next summer. No wonder Grangers are in for him, I suspect Beale thinks he can get him for £3m. And he probably can!

If you think this is bad, imagine if we don't re-contract the players we do want, no wonder Beale scarpered, probably too hard for him and he likes the easy life.

zzzzzzzzzz

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:58 - Jan 1 with 6316 viewsgobbles

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:33 - Jan 1 by numptydumpty

Good luck

You haven't caused me pain Sir Numpty, I said I loved the thread
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:05 - Jan 1 with 6290 viewskensalriser

No one seriously believes Rangers are going to buy Dykes for £2-3m do they?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:52 - Jan 1 with 6138 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:58 - Jan 1 by LazyFan

Thanks, I assume your source is the QPR website or something else?

I can see Bettache being optioned as it's probably only youth team wages, as JoJo has just one more year after this season and he gets injured a lot. This leaves us in the middle with only Field and Dozzell ever available for 2023-24 season, assuming we don't extend Amos and either of them don't get injured. Even if we do extend Amos, that is still too lite as he gets injured often too.

Kakay will take the renewal and we need him too as we have zero RB's if he does not.

Dykes is a must-sell this Jan if he has no option. Otherwise, we won't even get the £2m back for him next summer. No wonder Grangers are in for him, I suspect Beale thinks he can get him for £3m. And he probably can!

If you think this is bad, imagine if we don't re-contract the players we do want, no wonder Beale scarpered, probably too hard for him and he likes the easy life.

I'm a bit of a nerd with player contracts and like make a note of them when a player signs or a contract is renewed/canceled etc.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:25 - Jan 1 with 5957 viewsnumptydumpty

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:58 - Jan 1 by gobbles

You haven't caused me pain Sir Numpty, I said I loved the thread

Probably due to my memories denying me my full capabilities I probably quoted wrong poster !!

It's all very complicated!!! 🤣

It probably also has been the effect of watching QPR attempting to play football for too many years to remember or not as the case maybe !!!

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:32 - Jan 1 with 5926 viewsaston_hoop

Wimbledon fans seem to think we've agreed a deal to sign Ayoub Assal. All speculation though

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:59 - Jan 1 with 5834 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:32 - Jan 1 by aston_hoop

Wimbledon fans seem to think we've agreed a deal to sign Ayoub Assal. All speculation though

There was a rumour about a supposed interest in him last summer too. Not at all sure he's what we need just now.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:10 - Jan 1 with 5613 viewsmonners1969

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:02 - Jan 1 by LazyFan

Loanees:

Summer:

Contract Data source:

I think the other factor at play is the wages

Assume the likes of kakay shodipo masterton on lower wages ?? Maybe retained for squad roles 🤷‍♂️
January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:45 - Jan 1 with 5486 viewsGloucs_R

Happy New Year all. I've decided to return after a long absence with a promise to myself that I won't get involved in any political threads...

My tuppence worth..

Unless Bonne has upset someone behind the scenes or there is an additional fee to pay if he plays any more games...I can't understand why he wouldn't feature more. We're crying out for additional strikers and as he showed pre-season he does know where the back of the net is.

Willock and Chair Will almost certainly be sold in January or the summer (if they want a move).

Agree with what has been said, regarding we have too many players who play in a similar position and are incredibly lightweight.

Looking at the Luton squad the other night they are nearly all from lower leagues or the championship.

If Critchley really does favour a 433 formation then he needs to bring a new personnel because simply put we don't have the players to play that way unless every player is fit.

How many years have we been saying that we need a leader in the middle of the park.....

And a striker who can score 10 to 15 goals every season.....

And wide midfielders who can actually cross a ball....

Even if we sold Willock I don't believe we would have enough money to go out there and buy two to three first team players which we desperately need.

I suspect it's going to be a challenging second half of the season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 20:47]

Poll: Are we staying up?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:19 - Jan 1 with 5374 viewsNorthantsHoop

As has been said earlier the market has fallen through the floor for Championship footballers moving to the Premier League. Our current team excluding the loanees is primarily those brought in by Warburton and if Critchley is still with us in the Summer, can see lots of them moving on, as he will want to re-build the team and is probably using the next half of the season to assess who is kept and who is let go.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 22:35]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:06 - Jan 2 with 4629 viewsrickywelton

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:19 - Jan 1 by NorthantsHoop

As has been said earlier the market has fallen through the floor for Championship footballers moving to the Premier League. Our current team excluding the loanees is primarily those brought in by Warburton and if Critchley is still with us in the Summer, can see lots of them moving on, as he will want to re-build the team and is probably using the next half of the season to assess who is kept and who is let go.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 22:35]

Agree completely, know someone who is good friends with Critchley and said he will very much take his time in assessing players and making changes. So would expect little movement this window unless we can off load a few, then lots of coming and goings in the summer, albeit on our limited budget.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:37 - Jan 2 with 4383 viewsed_83

January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:51 - Dec 31 by WestbourneR

'His form'? This is laughable - a few people saying Willock's 'form' has halved his value or he's only worth £4mill now. What are you talking about?? He's been injured and then had two or three bad games (probably because he's about to leave).

Aside from that he was on fire for the whole of last season and even more on fire for the start of this one.

He's still a £10million pound player - easy - and if we weren't in such a weak position it'd be a lot more. He's not as talented as Eze but he's easily as effective, if not more so.

It's not just two or three games though: to the best of my recollection Willock hasn't done anything special since Bristol away at the beginning of October. He's played eight times since he came back from injury in early November, and been forgettable in all of them.

I know the whole team's been terrible, and things are skewed by him coming back from injury and the World Cup, but he's got zero goals and zero assists in the last three months. Compare how he's playing now to earlier in the season, and it's clear that for whatever reason he's just not the same player he was earlier this season, and that the issues aren't going away immediately. It would be incredibly naive to think that potential buyers won't have factored all of this into what they'd pay for him, when they could get him on a free in less than 18 months. I completely agree about Willock's talent and potential value, but great players get sold for below what they're worth all the time, exactly like we saw with Bright Osayi-Samuel.

Of course now I've said this, he'll go and score a hat-trick against Sheff Utd who'll promptly drop £20m of their parachute payments on him to guarantee promotion, so what do I know. But honestly, if Willock's sold for even a fraction of his actual value before his contract runs out I'll be shocked. Maybe if he smashes the second half of the season, but if he's about to leave, as you say, then I don't reckon it'll be for anywhere near what we think he's worth.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 18:40]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:07 - Jan 2 with 4109 viewsdubaistu

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:55 - Jan 1 by PlanetHonneywood

Before one player walks through the door ever again, I’d like to see QPR put more emphasis on players actually being physically fit to play, so that we reduce the persistently high number of players injured.

I know folks will reply ‘but we’re trying to turn sow’s ears into silk purses’ but if we’re so skint, surely we cannot keep shelling out thousands on blokes who are always on the physio’s table. It’s a waste of money.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 17:37]

This 100%, i see Ben Ryan is an elite performance coach at Brentford. Where is a similar strategy for us?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:23 - Jan 3 with 3625 viewsdmm

There's a rumour we're looking to bring in Crystal Palace winger Malcolm Ebiowei on loan to the end of the season. You might remember him playing for Derby last season. A fantastic little player.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:53 - Jan 3 with 3529 viewstraininvain

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:23 - Jan 3 by dmm

There's a rumour we're looking to bring in Crystal Palace winger Malcolm Ebiowei on loan to the end of the season. You might remember him playing for Derby last season. A fantastic little player.

Interesting. Dougie Freedman was at last night’s game and he’s sporting director of Crystal Palace. I wondered if he was watching one of our players (Willock?) but could be linked to Ebiowei or a bit of both.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:08 - Jan 3 with 3326 viewsdanehoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:53 - Jan 3 by traininvain

Interesting. Dougie Freedman was at last night’s game and he’s sporting director of Crystal Palace. I wondered if he was watching one of our players (Willock?) but could be linked to Ebiowei or a bit of both.

Think Chair or Willock would fit well with Palace, much as it hurts me to say it. Maybe they are expecting to sell Eze and looking for a replacement.....

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024