Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mara 04:29 - Jan 12 with 2046 viewsRipleys_revenge

Can anyone imagine che scoring a goal like Mara did yesterday?

The movement and finish was outstanding. If we can get him firing, he could have something about him.
Mara on 08:04 - Jan 12 with 1922 viewsBettwsresident

The Che of last season, yes, he scored some crackers, the Che of this season no.
Mara on 10:12 - Jan 12 with 1779 viewssledger

dont understate the part lyanco played in the goal,the interception,ran 50 yards with the ball and whipped in a peach of a cross,think we have now found his position.
Mara on 10:32 - Jan 12 with 1759 viewsblambo

Along with Che and Buzuno, Lyanco has taken a lot of abuse.
I think we need players like him.
Mara on 11:16 - Jan 12 with 1703 viewsSFC_Referee

As well as Lyanco for not only intercepting that pass but also getting up down that wing and getting that cross in soo well, allowing for Mara to get that shot away.
As Lyanco’s been great since that Forest game

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Mara on 11:30 - Jan 12 with 1678 viewsBridders2

Mara on 11:16 - Jan 12 by SFC_Referee

As well as Lyanco for not only intercepting that pass but also getting up down that wing and getting that cross in soo well, allowing for Mara to get that shot away.
As Lyanco’s been great since that Forest game

Ralph played Lyanco at left back earlier in the season , think it was the Arsenal game, and he was phenomenal. He was up and down the wing stopping everything and making some great attacking runs. Keeping him on the wings seems to work well.
Mara on 12:18 - Jan 12 with 1613 viewsSaintNick

I’ve seen him score goals like this before so don’t need to imagine it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Mara on 14:50 - Jan 12 with 1526 viewsWints76

Didn't Che score a similar first time hit from a cross at Leicester this season? Both excellent goals
Mara on 16:10 - Jan 12 with 1450 viewssaint901

We all know that I'm not a fan of Mara.

I will accept that he took his goal well yesterday but he was aided hugely by the City defence switching off.

He came around the front of the defender who did not move a muscle. That defender was too busy moaning about the players ahead of him losing the ball.

It was however an example to the rest of the team that Mara is a finisher and not a player who can bring others into the game outside the box.

Let's hope the lesson is being learnt.
Login to get fewer ads

Mara on 17:57 - Jan 12 with 1391 viewsfelly1

Mara on 16:10 - Jan 12 by saint901

I will accept that he took his goal well yesterday but he was aided hugely by the City defence switching off.

He came around the front of the defender who did not move a muscle. That defender was too busy moaning about the players ahead of him losing the ball.

It was however an example to the rest of the team that Mara is a finisher and not a player who can bring others into the game outside the box.

Agreed.
Obviously I was really pleased for Mara last night and hope it's the start of something good as it was a great finish.
He just doesn't work hard enough or show enough aggression for me to be convinced yet.
Mara on 08:26 - Jan 13 with 1257 viewsSaintNick

Mara on 16:10 - Jan 12 by saint901

Most goals of this nature rely on the scorer getting free from his marker and Mara did that very well on this occasion but give him some credit he reacted before the defender.

You say that he doesn’t bring others into play outside of the box, but what about his pass for Walker peters to score against Leeds, that was great piece of play ending with a incherfect through ball into the box for Kwp

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Mara on 08:38 - Jan 13 with 1247 viewsPatfromPoole

Mara isn’t strong enough and gets bullied off the ball regularly.

We will suffer for Wednesday’s game if it means that he and Djenepo now get a run of League games in the starting XI. Wednesday was the classic case of a stopped clock being right twice a day.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 8:39]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Mara on 09:26 - Jan 13 with 1218 viewssaint901

Mara on 08:26 - Jan 13 by SaintNick

Most goals of this nature rely on the scorer getting free from his marker and Mara did that very well on this occasion but give him some credit he reacted before the defender.

You say that he doesn’t bring others into play outside of the box, but what about his pass for Walker peters to score against Leeds, that was great piece of play ending with a incherfect through ball into the box for Kwp

That's twice in 18 games!

If we are to play with a recognised centre forward then like the lads at B'muff and Fulham they need to be more than somebody who scuffs it in from a few yards. (And yes Mara did not scuff it, but displayed a very nice technique).

I've said before that he's easy to mark, and he is. Extend the penalty box lines down the entire pitch and he will rarely move outside them. The better CB's know this (City played Walker at CB which is not his position) and it means that as soon as he moves toward the margins of "his" turf, they don't have to follow him and instead stay compact.

The City defender did not do that and when they lost the ball and Lyanco advanced he decided to stay in the centre and allowed Mara to run in front of him.

It was a good goal and yes, the pass earlier in the season was good, but he has to do that once or twice a game, not once or twice every 18 games.
Mara on 11:03 - Jan 13 with 1164 viewsHollywood56

Mara on 09:26 - Jan 13 by saint901

That's twice in 18 games!

If we are to play with a recognised centre forward then like the lads at B'muff and Fulham they need to be more than somebody who scuffs it in from a few yards. (And yes Mara did not scuff it, but displayed a very nice technique).

I've said before that he's easy to mark, and he is. Extend the penalty box lines down the entire pitch and he will rarely move outside them. The better CB's know this (City played Walker at CB which is not his position) and it means that as soon as he moves toward the margins of "his" turf, they don't have to follow him and instead stay compact.

The City defender did not do that and when they lost the ball and Lyanco advanced he decided to stay in the centre and allowed Mara to run in front of him.

It was a good goal and yes, the pass earlier in the season was good, but he has to do that once or twice a game, not once or twice every 18 games.

I get the impression that if he did do it twice a game, you 901 still wouldn't be satisfied.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024