Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refunds policy 19:44 - Jan 27 with 2271 viewsbenalisbroom

Don’t get to many home games these days as I live in Hertfordshire, but as a treat I got some Saints Bar tickets for the Leicester game for 2 x adults, 1 OAP and 4 kids. We’re coming from Somerset and Herts - so a bit of a family gathering.
One of the kids (who has a health issue) was told “no travelling” by the doc, so I told the club within 24 hours of purchase. Answer: “Sorry, we don’t do refunds”.
Two days on, the KO time gets moved and now only 2 of the original party of 7 can make it…So I called again: no refund and they won’t even transfer the tickets to another game later in the season.
£700 down the drain.
The clubs own terms state that they have the discretion to refund or transfer tickets - they just chose to not to do so.
Should I be surprised? Is this normal treatment towards fans?
Refunds policy on 19:53 - Jan 27 with 2237 viewsSalisburySaint

I’d contact Supporters Services section, they might be able to help you

mailto:supporterservices@saintsfc.co.uk
Refunds policy on 20:24 - Jan 27 with 2207 viewsbenalisbroom

Refunds policy on 19:53 - Jan 27 by SalisburySaint

I’d contact Supporters Services section, they might be able to help you

mailto:supporterservices@saintsfc.co.uk

Thanks!
Refunds policy on 20:45 - Jan 27 with 2183 viewskingslandstand1

Awful PR from the club, really hope it gets sorted. Hopefully someone with some savvy might be able to get the Echo involved or something?
Refunds policy on 22:25 - Jan 27 with 2114 viewsBLEEDRED

I always thought that if the time/day of the game was changed, the club had to offer a refund
Refunds policy on 00:45 - Jan 28 with 2057 viewsclunk76

Did you use a credit card to make the purchase? If so, contact the club and explain your situation and ratify their own published claim that they can issue refunds discretionary. Give them 48 hours to refund you or tell them you will instigate a charge back on your credit card. Companies hate charge backs - even big companies as it can fnuck up their card payment facilities. Hope this is of use...
Refunds policy on 08:07 - Jan 28 with 1957 viewsbenalisbroom

Refunds policy on 00:45 - Jan 28 by clunk76

Did you use a credit card to make the purchase? If so, contact the club and explain your situation and ratify their own published claim that they can issue refunds discretionary. Give them 48 hours to refund you or tell them you will instigate a charge back on your credit card. Companies hate charge backs - even big companies as it can fnuck up their card payment facilities. Hope this is of use...

Thanks all - I’ll contact Supporter Services and if no luck I’ll do that. Really appreciate the advice.
Refunds policy on 08:09 - Jan 28 with 1957 viewsbenalisbroom

Refunds policy on 00:45 - Jan 28 by clunk76

Thanks - all - I’ll contact supporter services and if no luck will go to the card company. I’m sure common sense will prevail as I’m very happy to have tickets moved to another fixture.
Refunds policy on 11:10 - Jan 28 with 1888 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Disgrace behaviour by the Ticket Office
What a way to keep supporters on side
Login to get fewer ads

Refunds policy on 10:48 - Jan 29 with 1718 viewsSaintNick

Refunds policy on 11:10 - Jan 28 by SouthSeaSaint

Disgrace behaviour by the Ticket Office
What a way to keep supporters on side

Whilst it is harsh, the fact is that this has always been the policy at most football clubs, certainly at Saints and indeed if you go to the theatre and gigs etc.

If you buy a ticket for literally any event, you wont get a refund if you then can't go, same a a season ticket, if I can't go to a game then the club won't give me a refund of that game.

These days Saints like many venues etc will offer a resale system, but only if the game/gig etc is sold out.

I do sympathise with the predicament, but it isn't something that has just been brought in by the uncaring owners of the club, it's always been the case.

The bit about discretionary refunds shows that they will actually consider them rather than just turn them down out of hand, so that should be something positive rather than something to beat them around the head about.

If you private message me on here the details and your e mail address I will make sure it gets in front of someone who will look at it rather than just dismiss it out of hand.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Refunds policy on 15:58 - Jan 29 with 1608 viewsBLEEDRED

Refunds policy on 10:48 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

Whilst it is harsh, the fact is that this has always been the policy at most football clubs, certainly at Saints and indeed if you go to the theatre and gigs etc.

If you buy a ticket for literally any event, you wont get a refund if you then can't go, same a a season ticket, if I can't go to a game then the club won't give me a refund of that game.

These days Saints like many venues etc will offer a resale system, but only if the game/gig etc is sold out.

I do sympathise with the predicament, but it isn't something that has just been brought in by the uncaring owners of the club, it's always been the case.

The bit about discretionary refunds shows that they will actually consider them rather than just turn them down out of hand, so that should be something positive rather than something to beat them around the head about.

If you private message me on here the details and your e mail address I will make sure it gets in front of someone who will look at it rather than just dismiss it out of hand.

Not quite true, sure if you just can't go then fair enough no refund. But if the terms of the original game change, you are entitled to a refund. ( I have had a refund when an away game has changed from a 3PM KO to a 12.30KO)

If I book a restaurant for 9.00 then they ring and say we have moved your booking to 6.00, I can cancel without penalty.
If the gig I am going to on Saturday is moved to Sunday, I can cancel and get my money back.
The game in question is not at the time stated when booking made the club would lose if a small claims court was issued.
Refunds policy on 19:52 - Jan 29 with 1551 viewsSaintNick

Refunds policy on 15:58 - Jan 29 by BLEEDRED

Not quite true, sure if you just can't go then fair enough no refund. But if the terms of the original game change, you are entitled to a refund. ( I have had a refund when an away game has changed from a 3PM KO to a 12.30KO)

If I book a restaurant for 9.00 then they ring and say we have moved your booking to 6.00, I can cancel without penalty.
If the gig I am going to on Saturday is moved to Sunday, I can cancel and get my money back.
The game in question is not at the time stated when booking made the club would lose if a small claims court was issued.

As I said Saints are under no obligation to refund if the game date changes, i read my ticket from yesterday and it clearly stated that on the back of the ticket.

The club has usually been reasonable in refunds, but as things become more online and less personal service, the personal touch is lost.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Refunds policy on 10:06 - Jan 30 with 1464 viewsBLEEDRED

Refunds policy on 19:52 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

As I said Saints are under no obligation to refund if the game date changes, i read my ticket from yesterday and it clearly stated that on the back of the ticket.

The club has usually been reasonable in refunds, but as things become more online and less personal service, the personal touch is lost.

Of course, you are correct the club's T&C's state we reserve the right to change the game to whatever time or date we want, and you will not be entitled to a refund.( I could argue that that would count as an unfair term if tested in a court) But the club have always offered refunds if the game is changed (they make it hard because you have to write in to request it!!. Maybe they treat hospitality differently.
Refunds policy on 11:21 - Jan 30 with 1446 viewsPaleRider

Sorry to de-rail the thread - do we get a refund on all the crap players we have bought?

Seriously, you should be fully entitled to a refund. I cannot believe the way the club threats supporters.
Refunds policy on 14:48 - Jan 30 with 1356 viewsdwayne_dibley

Refunds policy on 11:21 - Jan 30 by PaleRider

Sorry to de-rail the thread - do we get a refund on all the crap players we have bought?

Seriously, you should be fully entitled to a refund. I cannot believe the way the club threats supporters.

the club is a profit seeking business to whom you are merely customers. The loyalty theme is just PR spin to enhance margin

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024