Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker 10:15 - Jan 29 with 1534 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/59466/saints-said-to-hav

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 10:24 - Jan 29 with 1490 viewsinthebox

After yesterdays game we obviously all ready have a striker who's also played in France.
Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 10:27 - Jan 29 with 1479 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 10:24 - Jan 29 by inthebox

After yesterdays game we obviously all ready have a striker who's also played in France.

Mmm, and he isn’t a striker either….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 10:37 - Jan 29 with 1457 viewsRon11

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 10:27 - Jan 29 by PatfromPoole

Mmm, and he isn’t a striker either….

He's got a hell of a shot on him.Put him up front.
Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 10:47 - Jan 29 with 1436 viewsBerber

Despite the legion statements from the club about “working hard” on this, you have to seriously question their whole approach. We have been crying out for an experienced striker for quite a while, even when Ings was here, his injury absences left us drastically under resourced in that area. Yet after all this time, and the loss of Ings, we remain to be seriously linked with any proven PL striker.

Expect more rooting around in the bargain bucket, whilst our searches seem to take us into ever more remote crannies.
Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 12:04 - Jan 29 with 1289 viewsdirk_doone

How on earth can a winger with a poor scoring record be the solution to our need for a goalscoring central striker? It would be better to save our money and stick Perraud up front as he'll score more goals.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 12:15 - Jan 29 with 1281 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 12:04 - Jan 29 by dirk_doone

How on earth can a winger with a poor scoring record be the solution to our need for a goalscoring central striker? It would be better to save our money and stick Perraud up front as he'll score more goals.

Computer says he has the potential to turn into magical excellence.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 13:26 - Jan 29 with 1181 views1885_SFC

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 12:04 - Jan 29 by dirk_doone

Perraud was terrific yesterday - and not just because of his two goals. He put a great shift in all game. I was watching him closely and the fella was MOTM by a country mile.

Edozie was next in line. He's young, raw, and bags of talent - but at least he tried & tried again. He's very tricky and defenders don't like him, hence fouling him all afternoon. But I couldn't fault the nipper yesterday for effort.

Maitland-Niles was dogsh1t once again. Slow all over the place & gave the ball away time & again... just so sloppy. His body language always reads "I can't be arsed".

So yeah, Perraud easily MOTM yesterday... and no doubt mysteriously left on the bench once again this Tuesday night by Taff the Tactician.

Old School is Cool

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 13:26 - Jan 29 with 1180 viewsGRIM

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 12:15 - Jan 29 by Southamptonfan

Computer says he has the potential to turn into magical excellence.

Computers don't win football matches.
Login to get fewer ads

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 13:31 - Jan 29 with 1172 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 13:26 - Jan 29 by GRIM

Computers don't win football matches.

Try telling Sport Republic that. They appoint managers and force managers to take the computer's word.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 13:31]

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 13:36 - Jan 29 with 1150 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 13:31 - Jan 29 by Southamptonfan

Try telling Sport Republic that. They appoint managers and force managers to take the computer's word.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 13:31]

Was reading an article this morning about how Brighton and Brentford’s success is all down to data and their analysis of it.

Ironically both clubs are owned by gamblers……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 13:52 - Jan 29 with 1128 viewsGRIM

I'm as confused / shocked by the decision to buy the player (he's not a striker) as I was when we appointed NJ.
Did we use a computer to select NJ as our manager.
You know what they say about computers. = " Rubbish in Rubbish out".
Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 13:54 - Jan 29 with 1121 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 13:36 - Jan 29 by PatfromPoole

Was reading an article this morning about how Brighton and Brentford’s success is all down to data and their analysis of it.

Ironically both clubs are owned by gamblers……

Brentford and Brighton are very well run. Bloom has the club's best interest at heart. They have both signed older experienced pros like Ben Mee, Lallana, that Argentinian WC winner, Wellbeck, Erikson (I know he has since moved on). We just seem to be gambling on very young players, without any experience whatsoever, without a goal scoring history etc etc.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 14:03]

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 15:56 - Jan 29 with 987 views1teeminants

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 13:54 - Jan 29 by Southamptonfan

Brentford and Brighton are very well run. Bloom has the club's best interest at heart. They have both signed older experienced pros like Ben Mee, Lallana, that Argentinian WC winner, Wellbeck, Erikson (I know he has since moved on). We just seem to be gambling on very young players, without any experience whatsoever, without a goal scoring history etc etc.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 14:03]

That’s because they’re cheap Saints have no intention of competing financially with rich clubs like Brighton, Fulham and Bournemouth .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 17:09 - Jan 29 with 902 viewsgrumpy

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For "Striker" on 15:56 - Jan 29 by 1teeminants

That’s because they’re cheap Saints have no intention of competing financially with rich clubs like Brighton, Fulham and Bournemouth .

Sadly, I just want to see the end of this season. I have no confidence in our club on or off the field. Contrary to what some might say I think we have some good players ,but no idea how to play them.If we had bought a good forward at the start of the season as so many of us were saying we desperately needed it could have been so so different.
Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 17:42 - Jan 29 with 840 viewsMattFinish

Saints are now being linked with
Liel Abada at Celtic - another winger

I’m lost for words
Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 17:52 - Jan 29 with 808 viewsgrumpy

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 17:42 - Jan 29 by MattFinish

Saints are now being linked with
Liel Abada at Celtic - another winger

I’m lost for words

They are also getting shorter 5ft 6in.....
Cant see him leaving Celtic for us,Matt.
Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 17:56 - Jan 29 with 798 viewsMattFinish

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 17:52 - Jan 29 by grumpy

They are also getting shorter 5ft 6in.....
Cant see him leaving Celtic for us,Matt.

I’d sooner we went for Maeda, Grumps
Perhaps they’re filling the team with players shorter than Jones
Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 17:57 - Jan 29 with 796 viewsgrumpy

Still makes me laugh

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 15:18 - Jan 30 with 559 viewsGRIM

Saints Said To Have Agreed Terms For Striker on 17:57 - Jan 29 by grumpy

Still makes me laugh

About the only striker with not been linked with is Peter Crouch.
I've never understood why clubs leave it to the last minute on the last day of the transfer window to sign players.
It smacks of desperation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024