Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan's Forum . 10:48 - Feb 7 with 7045 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Many on here will be delighted to know that I wasn't one of the lucky 100 invited to attend tonight's Fans Forum.
No matter HOW ANGRY supporters are about the Nathan Jones appointment or their views on the Saints Board 's Performance - I do hope that people will conduct themselves in a civilised manner - and everyone CAN get their opinions heard , without putting THEIR VIEWS across in a vile hatred manner, and show some respect for other supporters views - other than their own.
I would love to hear the Forum live as it goes out  tonight, but fear with all the hatred going around on many fans outlets - we will be lucky to get a recorded watered down version.
Nick, have you heard if it will be going out live tonight please?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 10:54]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Fan's Forum . on 08:56 - Feb 8 with 993 viewsMytchettSaint

Fan's Forum . on 22:33 - Feb 7 by grumpy

Where’s the home end?

Correct, should have said home sections!

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Fan's Forum . on 09:05 - Feb 8 with 968 viewsCapt_Koons

Fan's Forum . on 08:17 - Feb 8 by Bridders2

That's a moronic, defeatist attitude, if they got the right person in, even for a short term contract for this season, there's a good chance of staying up.
Why don't they offer Poch £10m to keep us up, he's not doing anything, and then he can get his big job in the summer.
Mac got Keegan to play for us against all the odds, let's have some ambition and look outside the box.

Realistically Poch would never take a short term contract even on those terms as he would know theres little chance of getting the dosh, and he'll have a relegation on his record. But I agree another throw of the dice is better than passively accepting relegation.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Fan's Forum . on 09:13 - Feb 8 with 963 viewskingslandstand1

Fan's Forum . on 09:05 - Feb 8 by Capt_Koons

Realistically Poch would never take a short term contract even on those terms as he would know theres little chance of getting the dosh, and he'll have a relegation on his record. But I agree another throw of the dice is better than passively accepting relegation.

I'm with Bridders, totally negative attitude if that is the Club's way of thinking and will drive an even bigger wedge between them and the fans

FFS, stay in the Prem at all costs, or at the very least try to. Poch would be welcomed back and certainly unexpected if he did, but def worth a try. That's if he doesn't go to Leeds of course and yet again we sit on our backsides waiting for something to happen elsewhere and the maybe react!
Fan's Forum . on 09:48 - Feb 8 with 914 viewsMattFinish

I wasn't really sure what to make from the meeting. Ankersen said that whenever they'd made mistakes before they acted swiftly to remedy those mistakes such as the club that they bought in Turkey. How they can sit there with everything that's happened on and off the pitch involving Nathan Jones and say that they haven't made a massive mistake is beyond me.

I really wish somebody had asked the question was Nathan Jones the first choice. Ankerson said they'd interviewed Nathan Jones and that he was the best fit for the job, so I'd like to have known who else had been interviewed. I can only imagine it must have been wee Jimmy Cranky.

They talked about what Nathan Jones had done at Luton, but it's plainly obvious but we haven't got Luton Nathan Jones, we've got Stoke Nathan Jones.

I think the fans would have been happy to have spent the entire forum discussing Nathan Jones position and how the owners planned to keep us in the Premier League but if you look at the overall meeting they gave a disproportionately small amount of time to discuss Nathan Jones and whenever the subject was raised later in the meeting, they just said they'd already answered those questions.

All in all I think it was a cop out. Like some of the previous posters have said I probably think they know they've made a mistake, and they're going to keep Jones in post in the off chance that he might keep us up. I think even if he does keep us up his relationship with the fans is damaged beyond repair. I think if he did well at the club he'd want to move to the next job as soon as he could.

I wonder if wee Jimmy Cranky is still available?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 9:51]
Fan's Forum . on 12:56 - Feb 8 with 784 viewssaint901

The choice of words about why NJ was interesting.

He was the best fit for the job.

So what was the job?

Was it to build a team and/or style of play that would keep us in the PL for many seasons?

Or was it to build a young team which emerging talent would see as an opportunity to join and get first team minutes before being sold for a higher fee and if that means dipping into the Championship, then it's a "set back"?

That said, watching the Sheff U v Wrexham game, if SU are top of the table material, then getting out of the Championship may be easier than I thought.
Fan's Forum . on 15:06 - Feb 8 with 688 viewsChesham_Saint

Fan's Forum . on 09:48 - Feb 8 by MattFinish

I wasn't really sure what to make from the meeting. Ankersen said that whenever they'd made mistakes before they acted swiftly to remedy those mistakes such as the club that they bought in Turkey. How they can sit there with everything that's happened on and off the pitch involving Nathan Jones and say that they haven't made a massive mistake is beyond me.

I really wish somebody had asked the question was Nathan Jones the first choice. Ankerson said they'd interviewed Nathan Jones and that he was the best fit for the job, so I'd like to have known who else had been interviewed. I can only imagine it must have been wee Jimmy Cranky.

They talked about what Nathan Jones had done at Luton, but it's plainly obvious but we haven't got Luton Nathan Jones, we've got Stoke Nathan Jones.

I think the fans would have been happy to have spent the entire forum discussing Nathan Jones position and how the owners planned to keep us in the Premier League but if you look at the overall meeting they gave a disproportionately small amount of time to discuss Nathan Jones and whenever the subject was raised later in the meeting, they just said they'd already answered those questions.

All in all I think it was a cop out. Like some of the previous posters have said I probably think they know they've made a mistake, and they're going to keep Jones in post in the off chance that he might keep us up. I think even if he does keep us up his relationship with the fans is damaged beyond repair. I think if he did well at the club he'd want to move to the next job as soon as he could.

I wonder if wee Jimmy Cranky is still available?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 9:51]

What!? You mean they actually interviewed him?

I thought Jones got the job through some kind of charitable lottery. You know, the ones where some poor schmuck gets to do the job of their dweams for a day. Unfortunately this has morphed into months...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024