Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sholing V Totton 09:50 - Feb 8 with 1905 viewsSaintNick

Local derby last night with almost 700 in Sholing's ground, probably well over half of them Totton supporters.

Good passionate game following the usual pattern, Totton with 80% possession, but Sholing scoring with virtually their only decent effort on target.

That is not to be dismissive of Sholing, they play a certain way and are very good at it, their goalkeeper was superb and made several stops that were save of the season contenders.

It was good to enjoy a game of football in Southampton for once.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sholing V Totton on 10:40 - Feb 8 with 1847 viewsdarthvader

I didnt attend but i could hear it and see the floodlights when I returned from work to my sholing residence.
Up the Show's!

keep the faith coyr

Sholing V Totton on 11:30 - Feb 8 with 1792 viewsblambo

Agreed.

I am done with the Premier League.
This is real football.
If the ref makes an error, that's just life; they even out in the end.
ANYTHING is better than the way VAR is being used,it ruins football as a spectator sport.
Not that the EPL is bothered, the WW armchair audience doesn't care.
Sholing V Totton on 12:02 - Feb 8 with 1759 viewskingslandstand1

Another unbiased report Nick?

Up The Boatmen
Sholing V Totton on 12:31 - Feb 8 with 1733 viewsNinja9

Was there last night . Was one way traffic for most of the game , Totton by far the better team . If it wasnt for the Sholing keeper it could have been at least 4 1 . Proper football
though unlike the Premier League these days .
Sholing V Totton on 12:56 - Feb 8 with 1712 viewsWints76

Sholing still found time to have a dig. I wonder if one party accused another of breaking a strike that never happened?

Sholing V Totton on 14:10 - Feb 8 with 1660 viewsSaintNick

Sholing V Totton on 12:02 - Feb 8 by kingslandstand1

Another unbiased report Nick?

Up The Boatmen

Ninja 9 seemed to agree with me , as i said Sholing played the way they play well and from that perspective deserved their result, but their keeper was man of the match.

Sholing V Totton on 14:29 - Feb 8 with 1649 viewsSaintNick

Sholing V Totton on 12:56 - Feb 8 by Wints76

Sholing still found time to have a dig. I wonder if one party accused another of breaking a strike that never happened?

Sholing seem to have a little chip on their shoulder about Totton, in essence Sholing are nothing to do with the old Sholing team who folded in the 1990's, but play at the former Vosper Thorneycroft sports ground

Both teams in essence have a similar background, Sholing were the former Vosper Thorneycrofts side who were bought out by two local businessmen who changed the name from VTFC to Sholing in 201to try and attract more support, whilst Totton have always been Totton as such but they too were bought out by some local businessmen.

There seems to be some animosity from Sholing towards Totton for some reason, they seem to see Totton as the big money club the Manchester City to Sholing's Bournemouth.

The reality is that Totton are just a little bit more community based, they are at the heart of the town whereas Sholing play outside of Sholing. Although it has to be said that Sholing seem to have more genuinely local players than Totton.

To be honest Totton just seem to have done things better in terms of marketing building a ground and generating income, however that is not to say Sholing dont do a lot with youth teams etc

This little twitter thing blew up at the weekend when Sholing had a crowd of 184 which is around about there normal avaerage, whilst Totton posted around the 1,000 mark.

Sholing made some snide results about counting season ticket holders in the crowd when they didn't attend.

That is true, I was told the actual crowd was nearer the 700 mark, but tickets sold including season ticket holders did add up to the gate declared.

This is standard practice in football whether you have 100 season ticket holders or 40,000.

Anyway hence the jibe after last night, to be honest anyone at the game would concur that in the 654 official attendance there were more Totton supporters than home fans, when Sholing scored the cheer was quite muted and you could see a lot more Totton colours than Sholing who did have a small group of "Ultras" who raised their voice a couple of times.

It was a good night out with a few familiar faces in the crowd including James Beattie & Francis Benali so I'm told.

Sholing V Totton on 14:30 - Feb 8 with 1648 viewsBaldbarbarian

I couldn't make last nights game but went to Totton v Bristol Manor on the weekend. I enjoyed it a lot more than recent Saints games. An added bonus that my lad plays for Totton U7s so plenty of opportunity for him to be player mascot etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Sholing V Totton on 15:02 - Feb 8 with 1621 viewsdirk_doone

Sholing V Totton on 14:29 - Feb 8 by SaintNick

Sholing seem to have a little chip on their shoulder about Totton, in essence Sholing are nothing to do with the old Sholing team who folded in the 1990's, but play at the former Vosper Thorneycroft sports ground

Both teams in essence have a similar background, Sholing were the former Vosper Thorneycrofts side who were bought out by two local businessmen who changed the name from VTFC to Sholing in 201to try and attract more support, whilst Totton have always been Totton as such but they too were bought out by some local businessmen.

There seems to be some animosity from Sholing towards Totton for some reason, they seem to see Totton as the big money club the Manchester City to Sholing's Bournemouth.

The reality is that Totton are just a little bit more community based, they are at the heart of the town whereas Sholing play outside of Sholing. Although it has to be said that Sholing seem to have more genuinely local players than Totton.

To be honest Totton just seem to have done things better in terms of marketing building a ground and generating income, however that is not to say Sholing dont do a lot with youth teams etc

This little twitter thing blew up at the weekend when Sholing had a crowd of 184 which is around about there normal avaerage, whilst Totton posted around the 1,000 mark.

Sholing made some snide results about counting season ticket holders in the crowd when they didn't attend.

That is true, I was told the actual crowd was nearer the 700 mark, but tickets sold including season ticket holders did add up to the gate declared.

This is standard practice in football whether you have 100 season ticket holders or 40,000.

Anyway hence the jibe after last night, to be honest anyone at the game would concur that in the 654 official attendance there were more Totton supporters than home fans, when Sholing scored the cheer was quite muted and you could see a lot more Totton colours than Sholing who did have a small group of "Ultras" who raised their voice a couple of times.

It was a good night out with a few familiar faces in the crowd including James Beattie & Francis Benali so I'm told.

Sholing always beat Totton and have done the double over tham again this season. And, of course, they are 12 points clear at the top of the league and have won a national trophy at Wembley: the FA Vase. No wonder you Blues fans are jealous.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 15:05]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Sholing V Totton on 15:55 - Feb 8 with 1560 viewsSFC_Referee

Sholing V Totton on 15:02 - Feb 8 by dirk_doone

Sholing always beat Totton and have done the double over tham again this season. And, of course, they are 12 points clear at the top of the league and have won a national trophy at Wembley: the FA Vase. No wonder you Blues fans are jealous.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 15:05]

Yeah well as we all know, the reds are well better than the blues in football!
But in all fairness as someone who knows both teams and their gaffers quite well, I do think that both are similar size clubs which is why they’re always soo close to one another in the league and for cup runs.
But still hopefully both teams can go up this season with one getting the top spot and the other winning the playoffs, as those two and Winchester are probably the only local Southern league teams around here at the moment

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Sholing V Totton on 16:06 - Feb 8 with 1543 viewsDENZY

Nevermind the football, which firm came out on top? Did Totton bring any nutters or did they just bring their bingo bus crew?

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Sholing V Totton on 19:41 - Feb 8 with 1388 viewssledger

in 5 years time totton will have left sholing well behind as we know money talks but isnt it great to have local teams doing so well.Shouts out for the sholing keeper he was absolutely superb,the twisting save in the first half was top drawer.
Sholing V Totton on 09:53 - Feb 9 with 1198 viewsSaintNick

Sholing V Totton on 19:41 - Feb 8 by sledger

in 5 years time totton will have left sholing well behind as we know money talks but isnt it great to have local teams doing so well.Shouts out for the sholing keeper he was absolutely superb,the twisting save in the first half was top drawer.

It was that would be save of the season in the Premier League

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024