Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SACK Bentley! 16:48 - Feb 18 with 29832 viewsClivert

It is literally our last roll of the dice now!
SACK Bentley! on 19:30 - Feb 18 with 3602 viewsNigelWatson

SACK Bentley! on 17:51 - Feb 18 by richfoad32

What has Hendo done to make you think he has the credentials and aptitude for the job? Presuming he even wants it.

Nice guy as he is (has he bought you a pint yet?), what has Jim Bentley done to make you think he has the credentials and aptitude for the job?

Anybody seen McStalin?
SACK Bentley! on 19:40 - Feb 18 with 3509 viewsrichfoad32

SACK Bentley! on 19:30 - Feb 18 by NigelWatson

Nice guy as he is (has he bought you a pint yet?), what has Jim Bentley done to make you think he has the credentials and aptitude for the job?

Anybody seen McStalin?

It doesn't mean I'm advocating keeping Bentley on just because I'm questioning Hendo's suitability for the role.

Can't help you with the second part as I have no idea who/what you're on about.
SACK Bentley! on 19:54 - Feb 18 with 3413 viewsDaleFan7

SACK Bentley! on 19:01 - Feb 18 by Zac_B

I was wondering about what kind of pay off he'd get if sacked. Surely not the remainder of his contract?

Imagine starting a new job in the real world, not performing and making odd decisions which cost the business dearly...but then being paid to leave rather than simply being exited out based on performance.

Football is mad.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 19:04]

If that was the case then 90% of the players we have would be unemployed too. Unfortunately it's how football works.
SACK Bentley! on 19:58 - Feb 18 with 3377 viewsZac_B

SACK Bentley! on 19:54 - Feb 18 by DaleFan7

If that was the case then 90% of the players we have would be unemployed too. Unfortunately it's how football works.

Yep, and a point I made as far back as the Grimsby defeat in August. It was clear then that certain players knew they were being paid a salary regardless of effort or performance.
SACK Bentley! on 19:58 - Feb 18 with 3362 viewsSuddenLad

SACK Bentley! on 19:40 - Feb 18 by richfoad32

It doesn't mean I'm advocating keeping Bentley on just because I'm questioning Hendo's suitability for the role.

Can't help you with the second part as I have no idea who/what you're on about.

It's a shame that some of the players can't be sacked. There's 7 or 8 that could easily be said to have failed to deliver sufficient quality work to justify their on-going contracts.

EBJ can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and that was the ask, from the day he arrived. He has added quality with Mullarkey and Lloyd, but more is/was needed.

Losing ROD today, and the Adshead saga, is just indicative of the run of bad luck we're having.

Anyone got Red Adairs' phone number?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

SACK Bentley! on 20:01 - Feb 18 with 3328 viewsDaleFan7

SACK Bentley! on 19:58 - Feb 18 by SuddenLad

It's a shame that some of the players can't be sacked. There's 7 or 8 that could easily be said to have failed to deliver sufficient quality work to justify their on-going contracts.

EBJ can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and that was the ask, from the day he arrived. He has added quality with Mullarkey and Lloyd, but more is/was needed.

Losing ROD today, and the Adshead saga, is just indicative of the run of bad luck we're having.

Anyone got Red Adairs' phone number?

Luck doesn't put you bottom of the table after 32 games. Crap management and players does that.
SACK Bentley! on 20:07 - Feb 18 with 3271 viewsEllDale

The fact is that players aren’t responding to his motivational methods.
Tactically naive. Hopeless at utilisation of subs.
Three big components of a decent manager at which EBJ seems to be lacking.
Sadly it’s time to go.
Bring in Keith tomorrow.
I seem to remember Bob Stokoe tried to invoke disciplinary measures against players who weren’t allegedly giving 100% in 1980.
I wish the apparent high earners in the club who aren’t being picked and who seem disinterested could be treated in the same way.
The club is going down and it’s sickening that they aren’t affected where it hurst.
SACK Bentley! on 20:53 - Feb 18 with 3114 views49thseason

It matters little what happens over the rest of this season, the damage is done and we will be relegated. Anything we do now has to be done through the prism of next season. There isnt a manager in the world that can change these deadbeats into winners. I doubt there are more than 5 or 6 players that would get into a National League side, maybe not that many. So put Hendo and McNulty in temporary charge and tell Bentley he can accept a £20k pay off now or go on gardening leave until his contract can be terminated
The board might as well start the clear out as soon as possible and do their due diligence on potential candidates for the next managers job bearing in mind the qualities needed to be a success in the National League. I would cast the net as wide as possible looking for a manager who values pace, power, athleticism and has an attacking mindset. I am sick of losing and either not scoring or only scoring once a game. Better to lose 4-3 and have something to cheer than lose 1-0 and be entirely miserable. Football is supposed to be an entertainment, lately it has become a tedious chore just turning up.
Relegation has to be a wake up call, an opportunity to reset the whole club and requires the board to investigate every nook and cranny to improve the quality of everything the club does.
The board isnt at any great fault here, this situation lies at the door of the EFL that didnt adequately share the Premier league solidarity money after a season and a half without crowds and Kilpatrick and Bottomley for all the reasons we know so well.
Lets use the time we have left this season preparing for the new reality we will face next season. We can't have any more poor appointments, we need a clear plan to develop the brand and find ways to build a capable sales and marketing infrastucture that brings significant money back into the club and concentrates on non-matchday incomes. Success will only come from quality on and off the pitch. People want to associate with success not failure or even mediocrity, this club is overdue some good luck and success for a change.
Login to get fewer ads

SACK Bentley! on 21:45 - Feb 18 with 2996 viewsCrede_Sign0

SACK Bentley! on 17:12 - Feb 18 by HullDale

We are done.

A combination of 'lads lads lads' attitude & poor recruitment under Stockdale (1.1PPG) followed by poor fitness, awful tactics, questionable man management and dire in game changes under Bentley (0.72PPG) have relegated us out of the league for the first time in 103 years.

Bentley, if he is half as prinicpled as he claims to be, needs to resign. We can't realistically afford to sack him, so he needs to do the right thing and give a new manager the chance to assess the squad before our non-league campaign next season.

I can't remember ever seeing a team in our position show less fight, passion & urgency than we saw today.

Bentley out.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 17:14]

Pay him off with shares - and get Hill in
SACK Bentley! on 21:48 - Feb 18 with 2973 views442Dale

SACK Bentley! on 20:53 - Feb 18 by 49thseason

It matters little what happens over the rest of this season, the damage is done and we will be relegated. Anything we do now has to be done through the prism of next season. There isnt a manager in the world that can change these deadbeats into winners. I doubt there are more than 5 or 6 players that would get into a National League side, maybe not that many. So put Hendo and McNulty in temporary charge and tell Bentley he can accept a £20k pay off now or go on gardening leave until his contract can be terminated
The board might as well start the clear out as soon as possible and do their due diligence on potential candidates for the next managers job bearing in mind the qualities needed to be a success in the National League. I would cast the net as wide as possible looking for a manager who values pace, power, athleticism and has an attacking mindset. I am sick of losing and either not scoring or only scoring once a game. Better to lose 4-3 and have something to cheer than lose 1-0 and be entirely miserable. Football is supposed to be an entertainment, lately it has become a tedious chore just turning up.
Relegation has to be a wake up call, an opportunity to reset the whole club and requires the board to investigate every nook and cranny to improve the quality of everything the club does.
The board isnt at any great fault here, this situation lies at the door of the EFL that didnt adequately share the Premier league solidarity money after a season and a half without crowds and Kilpatrick and Bottomley for all the reasons we know so well.
Lets use the time we have left this season preparing for the new reality we will face next season. We can't have any more poor appointments, we need a clear plan to develop the brand and find ways to build a capable sales and marketing infrastucture that brings significant money back into the club and concentrates on non-matchday incomes. Success will only come from quality on and off the pitch. People want to associate with success not failure or even mediocrity, this club is overdue some good luck and success for a change.

We were told the budget was the best we’ve had in L2. How is that the EFL’s fault?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SACK Bentley! on 21:57 - Feb 18 with 2930 viewsCrede_Sign0

SACK Bentley! on 18:45 - Feb 18 by borodale

Feel sorry for Bentley, he's had a bag of shit to work with. The blame solely lies with the players and there agents . You can guarantee it's down to money, bonuses etc why these players have down tools effectively, operating at 85/ 90%. Closed shop militants. Make me sick.

Tough gig agreed.
But surely some homework was done before we sacked Stockdale? Maybe we had no idea at all who’d apply …
I know people think Hill would be a nightmare - but he’s Red Adair for us
Let’s do it is my view.
The players look miserable under Jim, and at least they might look like they want to play football again under Hill
The stench of misery is crushing.
Screw it - let’s go out smiling, playing, having a go, and all guns blazing.
I’d prefer that, rather than we whimper our league history away.
SACK Bentley! on 22:26 - Feb 18 with 2810 views49thseason

SACK Bentley! on 21:48 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

We were told the budget was the best we’ve had in L2. How is that the EFL’s fault?

The Premier League gave £250m to the EFL to help clubs because they had no money through the gate for 18 months, L1 clubs got £450k each and L2 £370k . To cover 32 or 33 lost home games revenue . The rest, £200m+ was offered to the Championship clubs as an interest free loan... how much did they take up and what happened to any unused money is anyones guess. Had it been shared equally 250 / 72 = nearly 3.5m per club. They could have given every club £2m and still have had £86m available as loans. That would have underwritten the £1.5m loss that was shown in our accounts.
SACK Bentley! on 22:33 - Feb 18 with 2778 views442Dale

SACK Bentley! on 22:26 - Feb 18 by 49thseason

The Premier League gave £250m to the EFL to help clubs because they had no money through the gate for 18 months, L1 clubs got £450k each and L2 £370k . To cover 32 or 33 lost home games revenue . The rest, £200m+ was offered to the Championship clubs as an interest free loan... how much did they take up and what happened to any unused money is anyones guess. Had it been shared equally 250 / 72 = nearly 3.5m per club. They could have given every club £2m and still have had £86m available as loans. That would have underwritten the £1.5m loss that was shown in our accounts.

Yes, that’s all been talked about numerous times. But each club makes its own decisions based on the information and resources available to them.

Our club has make mistakes that have nothing to do with the EFL.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SACK Bentley! on 22:42 - Feb 18 with 2737 viewsJimmyRustler

SACK Bentley! on 22:33 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

Yes, that’s all been talked about numerous times. But each club makes its own decisions based on the information and resources available to them.

Our club has make mistakes that have nothing to do with the EFL.

We haven’t had a credible managerial appointment since KH’s last spell.

The board(s) in that time since have got it massively wrong.

The fact that RS has had the most money as his disposal of any manager in the clubs history is the real disgrace.

It’s Steve Eyre part 2.

Of course, quite a few of us got swept up in the hype and furore surrounding his coaching credentials but to entrust someone of that ilk with that sort of purse is one of the biggest mistakes the club has ever made.

Bentley is at fault for some of what is going on now but at the same time, it really isn’t his team. The bigger question is, how many of us have faith that with a “clean slate” (or as much can be afforded), is he the right man to lead us in the conference.

For me, the answer is absolutely not.

And I don’t buy this sh1t about him being a nice bloke either. He seems perfectly fine when things are going his way but as the fans forum evidenced (to me at least), when challenged, he regresses into arsery and buck passing
SACK Bentley! on 22:44 - Feb 18 with 2724 viewsTalkingSutty

SACK Bentley! on 20:53 - Feb 18 by 49thseason

The problem with putting Mc Nulty/ Hendo in temporary charge is that they might pick up a few results and there will be a clamour from some to give them the job full time. Then they are trusted with pre- season recruitment and six months down the line we are back in the same position as we are now. Some fans even think Mc Nulty is good enough to play every week, over the years he has very rarely done that and at times has been a liability like the rest of them. Remember he managed a few games not long ago. We need a manager who knows the National League because that is where we are now heading. Askey is available now but won't be for long so we should be speaking to him now. Hill will divide opinion but at least he has proved himself at our club. If we are serious about next season and selling season tickets/ Lotto tickets etc then the planning has to start this Monday with managerial decisions. Bentley stats must show him at the bottom of the pile of Dale managers and we've had some bad ones. Any Boardroom that can support that sort of failure needs calling out, they wouldn't put up with it in their own line of work.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 22:47]
SACK Bentley! on 23:57 - Feb 18 with 2512 viewsSandyman

The rot started with the absentee Kilpatrick (A), Roger and BBM and their cozy litttle coven with its covert contract extension (when the sack was due) and ridiculous, self-interested pay awards which they kept schtum about. Managed relegation they desired and got. Let's have champagne and invite a hostile takeover in to fatten our bank accounts even more. Greed>RAFC.

Fast Forward to today. We've won 1 game out of the last 15 under EBJ. Sacking form anywhere else.
There are 14 games left and we need a wee bit more than 2 points per game to stay up with 50 points. Isn't happening is it? Barring miracles, Stockdale, some godawful players and EBJ are taking this club out of the Football League for the first time ever.

Although the squad has been improved by EBJ, the results say differently. Didn't go to the Gillingham game but it seems a good number of fans have turned and the team were booed off.

The reality is that we need to start planning for the National League now, with the realisation that some of the dead wood players recruited by Stockdale will still be here for the 23/24 campaign. EBJ can't do it. Who's next?
SACK Bentley! on 01:13 - Feb 19 with 2414 viewsJimmyRustler

SACK Bentley! on 22:44 - Feb 18 by TalkingSutty

The problem with putting Mc Nulty/ Hendo in temporary charge is that they might pick up a few results and there will be a clamour from some to give them the job full time. Then they are trusted with pre- season recruitment and six months down the line we are back in the same position as we are now. Some fans even think Mc Nulty is good enough to play every week, over the years he has very rarely done that and at times has been a liability like the rest of them. Remember he managed a few games not long ago. We need a manager who knows the National League because that is where we are now heading. Askey is available now but won't be for long so we should be speaking to him now. Hill will divide opinion but at least he has proved himself at our club. If we are serious about next season and selling season tickets/ Lotto tickets etc then the planning has to start this Monday with managerial decisions. Bentley stats must show him at the bottom of the pile of Dale managers and we've had some bad ones. Any Boardroom that can support that sort of failure needs calling out, they wouldn't put up with it in their own line of work.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 22:47]

I cannot believe I am typing this but at the present moment, McNulty is the most competent CB at the club
SACK Bentley! on 02:02 - Feb 19 with 2377 viewsShun

SACK Bentley! on 22:42 - Feb 18 by JimmyRustler

We haven’t had a credible managerial appointment since KH’s last spell.

The board(s) in that time since have got it massively wrong.

The fact that RS has had the most money as his disposal of any manager in the clubs history is the real disgrace.

It’s Steve Eyre part 2.

Of course, quite a few of us got swept up in the hype and furore surrounding his coaching credentials but to entrust someone of that ilk with that sort of purse is one of the biggest mistakes the club has ever made.

Bentley is at fault for some of what is going on now but at the same time, it really isn’t his team. The bigger question is, how many of us have faith that with a “clean slate” (or as much can be afforded), is he the right man to lead us in the conference.

For me, the answer is absolutely not.

And I don’t buy this sh1t about him being a nice bloke either. He seems perfectly fine when things are going his way but as the fans forum evidenced (to me at least), when challenged, he regresses into arsery and buck passing

We are 30 games into Bentley’s tenure, plus a transfer window, and we’re still getting the line that it isn’t his team. 30 games (across all competitions)! He hasn’t improved performances even a little bit.

The XIs he picks these days are mostly his own players. Did Stockdale ever have a team that was entirely his own players?

Bentley simply isn’t good enough. The entire squad could be wholly his players and he still wouldn’t be good enough. He knew Morecambe as a club inside and out and all he did there was have them hovering above the League Two relegation zone every year. His replacement got them promoted in his first full season.

Not a dig at you, JR, I’ve just seen that statement enough today!
SACK Bentley! on 02:57 - Feb 19 with 2345 viewssweetcorn

Said Bentley was underwhelming and felt like a mistake when we appointed him.

Now I'm saying he's utter gash.

Hilly was my choice back then and he's my choice now. We're going down regardless, least hilly will make it a fight.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 3:05]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

SACK Bentley! on 03:05 - Feb 19 with 2341 viewssweetcorn

SACK Bentley! on 01:13 - Feb 19 by JimmyRustler

I cannot believe I am typing this but at the present moment, McNulty is the most competent CB at the club

Wish I never bought you that last pint earlier..

You've lost the fecking plot posting shit like this

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

SACK Bentley! on 08:31 - Feb 19 with 2158 viewsNigelWatson

SACK Bentley! on 02:02 - Feb 19 by Shun

We are 30 games into Bentley’s tenure, plus a transfer window, and we’re still getting the line that it isn’t his team. 30 games (across all competitions)! He hasn’t improved performances even a little bit.

The XIs he picks these days are mostly his own players. Did Stockdale ever have a team that was entirely his own players?

Bentley simply isn’t good enough. The entire squad could be wholly his players and he still wouldn’t be good enough. He knew Morecambe as a club inside and out and all he did there was have them hovering above the League Two relegation zone every year. His replacement got them promoted in his first full season.

Not a dig at you, JR, I’ve just seen that statement enough today!

Jim Bentley's terrible record at Morecambe was known. He had money at KFC, but despite that, he under-achieved and was fired. The big question is why was he hired by Dale? This terrible outcome, that could easily end in the liquidation of OUR football club, was entirely predictable for anybody with half a brain cell. Tragic.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 8:35]
SACK Bentley! on 08:34 - Feb 19 with 2144 viewskel

SACK Bentley! on 08:31 - Feb 19 by NigelWatson

Jim Bentley's terrible record at Morecambe was known. He had money at KFC, but despite that, he under-achieved and was fired. The big question is why was he hired by Dale? This terrible outcome, that could easily end in the liquidation of OUR football club, was entirely predictable for anybody with half a brain cell. Tragic.

Why didn’t you tell us all this at the time of his appointment or were you waiting to see how it panned out first?
SACK Bentley! on 09:59 - Feb 19 with 1950 viewsHullDale

SACK Bentley! on 08:31 - Feb 19 by NigelWatson

Why do you have a different name on twitter?
SACK Bentley! on 10:07 - Feb 19 with 1927 viewsTVOS1907

SACK Bentley! on 09:59 - Feb 19 by HullDale

Why do you have a different name on twitter?

And on YouTube.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

SACK Bentley! on 10:11 - Feb 19 with 1919 viewsNigelWatson

Dox, cancel - it's the PC authoritarian, McStalin way; the best you've got.

From people called TVOS et al.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 10:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024