Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a difference a win makes 19:49 - Mar 4 with 4365 viewsdirk_doone

Only 3 points separate the bottom 6.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What a difference a win makes on 10:33 - Mar 5 with 740 viewsRon11

What a difference a win makes on 22:54 - Mar 4 by grumpy

I think the idea is to keep possession. The trouble is we don’t do it very well. The goalkeeper looks very suspect because he passes to our players who are clearly marked close to our goal ,if they lose the ball we are in trouble .

They were doing this when Hassenhutl was here, and they're still doing it now.
Get it up the pitch and don't sit so deep - as they did yet again in the second half.
What a difference a win makes on 10:59 - Mar 5 with 705 viewsSouthamptonfan

What a difference a win makes on 10:33 - Mar 5 by Ron11

Get it up the pitch and don't sit so deep - as they did yet again in the second half.

It wasn't pretty, but after struggling to win any games all season, we can't argue with 2 wins in 3. It's all about getting the three points. We very nearly didn't in the end. I would have brought on the big man up front, but I guess we can't complain if we win the game.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

What a difference a win makes on 11:09 - Mar 5 with 698 viewsSaintNick

What a difference a win makes on 10:59 - Mar 5 by Southamptonfan

It wasn't pretty, but after struggling to win any games all season, we can't argue with 2 wins in 3. It's all about getting the three points. We very nearly didn't in the end. I would have brought on the big man up front, but I guess we can't complain if we win the game.

It was a good win and what i think will get us through is the depth of the squad, Salisu, Djenepo, Perraud, Salisu & Onauchu all didnt get off the bench and Caleta-Car, Aribo, Orsic Diallo, Edozie & Lyanco couldnt even get on it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What a difference a win makes on 11:16 - Mar 5 with 693 viewsPatfromPoole

What a difference a win makes on 11:09 - Mar 5 by SaintNick

It was a good win and what i think will get us through is the depth of the squad, Salisu, Djenepo, Perraud, Salisu & Onauchu all didnt get off the bench and Caleta-Car, Aribo, Orsic Diallo, Edozie & Lyanco couldnt even get on it

Two Salisus?

Out of that list, Salisu and Perraud are the only players who would potentially improve the side.

Onuachu is patently not good enough. Same with Djenepo, Lyanco, Diallo, Edozie and Orsic.

It is very reminiscent of 2005; a squad which is bloated with a lack of quality.

We were very lucky last night.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

What a difference a win makes on 11:21 - Mar 5 with 687 viewsSaintNick

What a difference a win makes on 11:16 - Mar 5 by PatfromPoole

Two Salisus?

Out of that list, Salisu and Perraud are the only players who would potentially improve the side.

Onuachu is patently not good enough. Same with Djenepo, Lyanco, Diallo, Edozie and Orsic.

It is very reminiscent of 2005; a squad which is bloated with a lack of quality.

The problem with the forwards is that they do not get a decent service, we could have Haaland up front and he would barely get a chance.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What a difference a win makes on 11:42 - Mar 5 with 678 viewsSouthamptonfan

What a difference a win makes on 11:16 - Mar 5 by PatfromPoole

Two Salisus?

Onuachu is strong, wins headers and does hold the ball up. He was doing that well at Chelsea, but he does lack mobility and and hasn't yet scored and doesn't look like scoring. I would have brought him on yesterday rather than Mara. Not a fan of Mara.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

What a difference a win makes on 11:44 - Mar 5 with 678 viewsPatfromPoole

What a difference a win makes on 11:21 - Mar 5 by SaintNick

The problem with the forwards is that they do not get a decent service, we could have Haaland up front and he would barely get a chance.

Yes.

But then you listed a number of players not in last night’s team who I would say are in the side to be creative.

Djenepo, Orsic, Edozie, Aribo.

If they have not been providing the service to our strikers, how do we benefit from having them up our sleeve to call on?

I think a good striker (like say, Broja…..) occupies the oppo defence more, thereby creating more space for our attacking midfielders.

Surprised Leicester pushed their defence so high last night, not least given how slow their defence is; that gave us the space for Alcaraz to exploit.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

What a difference a win makes on 12:31 - Mar 5 with 654 viewsGRIM

What a difference a win makes on 10:33 - Mar 5 by Ron11

We're always going to be playing deep & on the back foot when you have Mara & Armstrong up front because neither of them are able to retain & hold the ball up, they lose it & we immediately defending deep again.
We were lucky we didn't get tonked yesterday.
Big Paul should have been brought on to give us a target & someone that can hold the ball up.
I'm fed up with watching Adam Armstrong running up blind alleys, it's like watching a very naive schoolboy trying to play football.
Login to get fewer ads

What a difference a win makes on 13:17 - Mar 5 with 619 viewsHeisenberg

What a difference a win makes on 12:31 - Mar 5 by GRIM

We're always going to be playing deep & on the back foot when you have Mara & Armstrong up front because neither of them are able to retain & hold the ball up, they lose it & we immediately defending deep again.
We were lucky we didn't get tonked yesterday.
Big Paul should have been brought on to give us a target & someone that can hold the ball up.
I'm fed up with watching Adam Armstrong running up blind alleys, it's like watching a very naive schoolboy trying to play football.

Totally agree. We couldn’t get up the pitch as no one could hold the ball up. Armstrong simply isn’t good enough running around like a headless chicken. We were extremely lucky yesterday. Walcott yo be fair showed some experience and did ok. Elyounoussi brings absolutely nothing and Mara looks not much better. We needed an out up front which we didn’t have but got away with it.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

What a difference a win makes on 10:32 - Mar 6 with 495 viewsBridders2

After a period to consider the game, we were under a lot of pressure and were lucky that Leicester were so profligate in front of goal, but there were positives to take away.
Alcaraz is a very good player and probably our best goal threat. Walcot surprised everybody and looked good on the wing, but don't put him up front. Bednarek looked better and seems to be developing an understanding with BK, although I would still prefer Caleta-Car in his position. I know he gave away a stupid penalty, but his open defensive play against Grimsby was sound AND we looked defensively strong in the wins against Crystal Palace, Man City and Everton when he played.
Lavia and JWP are looking good together and Sulamana is threat and gaining confidence.
I'm a fan of Stewart Armstrong and I wished he'd come on instead of Mara as he makes intelligent runs and passes in the final third.
Maitland-Niels worries me as he makes a lot of mistakes but he is a big unit and somehow gets his body in the way but I'd rather see KWP on the right with Peroud on the left.
Selles was right to take Adams off as Leicester had run us ragged with their constant switch of play and he didn't have 90 minutes in him after his injury, but tall Paul has to get some proper service. I think that can come from S.Armstrong, Alcaraz, Sulamana and on Saturday's showing, from Walcot.
What a difference a win makes on 10:53 - Mar 6 with 480 viewsBridders2

...and to add Elyounoussi should never get another game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024