Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Negative football 23:08 - Apr 15 with 1553 viewsrobcoe5

Time to start thinking of next year in championship
Get rid of sellers NOW
No idea negative football seems to be happy to just sit back and defend, there was no forward passing at speed, just watched Bournemouth they attacked quick and at times had 4 to 5 in the box to score
Second half today back four start to defend deeper and deeper which end drawing midfield back
Can we please go out and try and out score the opposition
Try and get Potter in now and play players who will be still with us next year
Negative football on 07:45 - Apr 16 with 1360 viewsMrangry25

Selles should never have been given the job in the first place, he is the main architect behind the sh*te football we have been playing. First RH, then Jesus Jones and now he has the run of the place. I thought that when the manager was sacked the backroom staff normally follow, how he has managed to keep his job is yet another indictment of SR mismanagement.
Negative football on 07:46 - Apr 16 with 1355 viewssaintwizzler

The next managerial appointment is massive.
Someone in that whoever is left from this rabble look up to because it certainly hasn’t been the 3 managers this season.

Please, please, please play players who can play in their preferred positions.
Is Perraud really that bad we have to waste KWP at Left Back while Maitland-Niles strolls through another 90 minutes?

And why on earth is Walcott still playing?
He runs around very fast and does zero.
£70k a week. Jesus.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Negative football on 08:04 - Apr 16 with 1330 viewsMrangry25

Negative football on 07:46 - Apr 16 by saintwizzler

The next managerial appointment is massive.
Someone in that whoever is left from this rabble look up to because it certainly hasn’t been the 3 managers this season.

Please, please, please play players who can play in their preferred positions.
Is Perraud really that bad we have to waste KWP at Left Back while Maitland-Niles strolls through another 90 minutes?

And why on earth is Walcott still playing?
He runs around very fast and does zero.
£70k a week. Jesus.

I dont think you are the only one to have written about this this season, all three of the last managerial incumbents have consistently played players out of their positions poor old KWP must wonder what the hell is going on. TBH there was only a couple of the team who put in anything like a performance yesterday KWP was one of those.
I still cannot get my head around what actually happens during the training sessions on a daily basis, our play is slow ponderous and predictable, this playing out of defence is not working, Ketchup holds onto the ball too long and then gives it to KWP who has been closed down. JWP is a disgrace as a so called Captain he almost stops any forward movement and his first thought is a sideways or backwards pass. Walcott offers nothing and should have buried that shot yesterday instead of sticking it in row Z.
I guess in reality we have some very average players managed by a complete fraud.
Negative football on 08:17 - Apr 16 with 1307 viewssaintwizzler

Negative football on 08:04 - Apr 16 by Mrangry25

I dont think you are the only one to have written about this this season, all three of the last managerial incumbents have consistently played players out of their positions poor old KWP must wonder what the hell is going on. TBH there was only a couple of the team who put in anything like a performance yesterday KWP was one of those.
I still cannot get my head around what actually happens during the training sessions on a daily basis, our play is slow ponderous and predictable, this playing out of defence is not working, Ketchup holds onto the ball too long and then gives it to KWP who has been closed down. JWP is a disgrace as a so called Captain he almost stops any forward movement and his first thought is a sideways or backwards pass. Walcott offers nothing and should have buried that shot yesterday instead of sticking it in row Z.
I guess in reality we have some very average players managed by a complete fraud.

JWP isn’t a Defensive Midfielder. He only plays there as we have no one else to do the job.
Diallo isn’t good enough. Even Selles can see that.
JWP needs playing further up.

There isn’t a decent Centre Back at the club.
KWP should be played at Right Midfield with Bree behind him.
Perraud at left back.
A striker up front might help.
Even the bone idle Mara.

Still it’s too late now.
Next 3 up. Arsenal, Bournemouth and Newcastle.

Arsenal pushing for the league.
Newcastle going for 3rd.
Bournemouth will come for a point and will get at least that.

Last one out The Temple of Doom, turn off the light.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Negative football on 10:16 - Apr 16 with 1201 viewsBuenosSaint

I watched Bournemouth too during half time and after our debacle.

Hate to say it but they were everything we weren't.
A side playing for their shirt and their fans . A real proper sense of fighting to avoid relegation.

Saints had no "will". No urgency. No desire. No fight. No calmness in front of goal. No fast forward passes. Only 2 speculative shots (once we were losing) and no decent crosses. Totally crap all round but no surprise to what we have been served up all season.

We all knew MN at right back was a disaster waiting to happen as well as weakening the overall team.

My son had just come to stay (not a saints fan) and witnessed his first Saints game this year. So, his input was interesting and not biased he said something along the lines of" is this really a relegation threatened team? There is no urgency, no penetration in the final third. Few forward or quick passes. Rubbish"

Poll: The Long Future

Negative football on 10:49 - Apr 16 with 1153 viewsA1079

After a very long day with an early start from East Yorkshire and arrived home hours after the painful 90 plus minutes I and my fellow fans endured.

So, commeth the next day do I feel any less angry and disappointed as I was at the end of the game yesterday - No.

Nick wrote in his piece about this being the game where players and fans turned up. Put bluntly the players didn't. The fans largely did but were eventually numbed into an inevitability of it all.

The performance of the first half in what was a dreadully dull half whichever side you supported was followed by an even worse second half by Saints even if Palace did what they do so well under Hodgson with a not insignificant help by the hapless inept Saints players.

Saints players to a man were pathetic, abyssmal, limp, lame, lacked any passion, desire, commitment or fight. Yes, the selection was odd, the set up was odd - yet another one by an hapless clueless coach come manager. For all his odd ranting I now wonder whether Jones was trying to make a point that he was not eloquent enough to make well - the players attitudes - because yesterday, at Leeds, at West Ham, at home to Forest, against Wolves to name but a few their attitudes have stank.

We could go on about the PL etc, but why did none of players put in a tackle yesterday, why did they stand watching Palace players breeze past them, why is it that Bournemouth et al may not be good but they have one thing we don't - fight!

Then after the game you get the ridiculous words of the manager - we showed character -did we, when, where? We need to continue the winning mentality - what f*cking winning mentality? we have had precious little of it for 2 plus seasons now, save for the odd game or short spell.

The players yesterday represented not what is wrong with the PL but all that is wrong with the club - a sense of rottenness running to the core, no direction, no fight, no passion, no heart and an indifference to the club, shirt and fans that they supposedly claim to work for.

This season is over for us now. One of the relegation spaces are filled. Now, for crying out loud owners, managers etc sort it out so we can start next season in a much better place than we ended this.
Negative football on 11:02 - Apr 16 with 1127 viewsRon11

Negative football on 10:49 - Apr 16 by A1079

After a very long day with an early start from East Yorkshire and arrived home hours after the painful 90 plus minutes I and my fellow fans endured.

So, commeth the next day do I feel any less angry and disappointed as I was at the end of the game yesterday - No.

Nick wrote in his piece about this being the game where players and fans turned up. Put bluntly the players didn't. The fans largely did but were eventually numbed into an inevitability of it all.

The performance of the first half in what was a dreadully dull half whichever side you supported was followed by an even worse second half by Saints even if Palace did what they do so well under Hodgson with a not insignificant help by the hapless inept Saints players.

Saints players to a man were pathetic, abyssmal, limp, lame, lacked any passion, desire, commitment or fight. Yes, the selection was odd, the set up was odd - yet another one by an hapless clueless coach come manager. For all his odd ranting I now wonder whether Jones was trying to make a point that he was not eloquent enough to make well - the players attitudes - because yesterday, at Leeds, at West Ham, at home to Forest, against Wolves to name but a few their attitudes have stank.

We could go on about the PL etc, but why did none of players put in a tackle yesterday, why did they stand watching Palace players breeze past them, why is it that Bournemouth et al may not be good but they have one thing we don't - fight!

Then after the game you get the ridiculous words of the manager - we showed character -did we, when, where? We need to continue the winning mentality - what f*cking winning mentality? we have had precious little of it for 2 plus seasons now, save for the odd game or short spell.

The players yesterday represented not what is wrong with the PL but all that is wrong with the club - a sense of rottenness running to the core, no direction, no fight, no passion, no heart and an indifference to the club, shirt and fans that they supposedly claim to work for.

This season is over for us now. One of the relegation spaces are filled. Now, for crying out loud owners, managers etc sort it out so we can start next season in a much better place than we ended this.

Selles' post match comments were an insult to season ticket holders and those who bought tickets hoping to see logical team selection, tactics and fight.
Negative football on 12:49 - Apr 16 with 1048 viewskingslandstand1

Negative football on 10:49 - Apr 16 by A1079

Excellent post from the heart and eloquently put and I'd guess encapsulating the feelings of 95% if Saints

I didnt see him do it, but apparently Selles was having a go at the fans for not getting behind the team. He does have a slight point but we are all thoroughly peed off with the performances this season and is that not a 2 way thing with the players also supposed to show some heart and passion?
Login to get fewer ads

Negative football on 12:56 - Apr 16 with 1040 viewsA1079

Negative football on 12:49 - Apr 16 by kingslandstand1

Excellent post from the heart and eloquently put and I'd guess encapsulating the feelings of 95% if Saints

I didnt see him do it, but apparently Selles was having a go at the fans for not getting behind the team. He does have a slight point but we are all thoroughly peed off with the performances this season and is that not a 2 way thing with the players also supposed to show some heart and passion?

He does have a slight point in that the vocal support was poor save for a small outbreak now and then, but the players gave nothing to respond to.

I know Saints fans (true ones) and if they know the players are giving their best and putting the effort in (even ultimately we will lose) they will respond.

As a support our response to the situation at the club is arguably meek and mild - Selles and the owners need to bear that in mind, because if he was the coach/manager or owners at West Ham, Villa, Newcastle, Chelsea, Everton et al neither he or the owners would have been blessed with such an understanding and tolerant crowd and support - 30k or thereabouts yesterday still came - the atmosphere would have been different I am sure if the players showed intent from the off!
Negative football on 13:51 - Apr 16 with 968 viewsIfonly

Not sure if he had a go at supporters or was just trying to get things going. Either way, Selles is a major part of the problem, not the solution.

There were a few times in the match where the fans got going - when the team did something worth being enthusiastic about. But most of the time the football is just so dull, lacking in desire, lacking in cutting edge, lacking in everything. It's no wonder the fans don't get noisy. If you want the fans to get behind you then stop being so f**king negative in your tactics.

In the second half I thought is there anything worth staying for? The only thing I could think of was that it would at least be enjoyable to boo at the end. But Selles had even destroyed my enthusiasm for that, so I left.
Negative football on 14:09 - Apr 16 with 943 viewsSouthamptonfan

We have put together a terrible team. A few of them might be talented as individuals, but they don't play as a team. They are strangers and you should never create a completely new team with 11 new players. Players need time to gel. They have only just joined the club, they therefore don't have any passion or affinity for Southampton. They seemingly have terrible attitudes, they don't properly fight, they don't jump in front of shots. Bournemouth on the other hand have kept the same team all year, players who have some care for their club.

All we needed was to keep last year's team plus (Romeu, Forster, Ward-Prowse, Walker-Peters) and brought in a top striker, a play maker and a defender. Ben Mee was free blah blah blah. It was very simple. Instead we brought in a load of inexperienced young players all on one go. Ralph was p!ssed off, as I know for a fact he was promised a striker. Instead he was given a load of selfish, young players with no PL experience. That's why he looked so p!ssed off.

But back to the title of this thread, yes it's negative and dull football. But when you keep letting in goals even with ten men and against Grimsby, the manager attempts to stop the goals going in by being negative. It's ultimately because we can't score and we cant defend. What's the point of piling forward to miss, then defending like idiots every time we leave a gap so we end up losing 5 nil. That's the thinking that managers fearfully resort to. It's the fault of the people at the top. Had they given a Ralph a proper striker, had they spent on experienced leaders, it wouldn't matter who was manager of we had good players on the pitch.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Negative football on 14:13 - Apr 16 with 939 views1885_SFC

Selles can fook off. Every time the team sheet is announced by him, the fans feel like they've been kicked in the stomach with his sh1t selections & zero ability to motivate anyone at all.

He (Selles) needs to take a good, long look in the mirror and play our best players in their best positions instead of picking his favourites or bizarre, panic-driven decisions... like Aribo.

Perraud should have played yesterday - not AMN in his place. Mara & Djenepo did okay against City... but were left on the bench. Walcott? Aribo? WTF is that all about?

Look into the mirror Selles, you clown.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024