Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many points 21:42 - Apr 17 with 7246 viewsHayesender

For an orange ball in snooker?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

How many points on 13:26 - Apr 18 with 2428 viewsaston_hoop

You know who they are, you are talking about them, you are angry about them. They have succeeded what they set out to do on this occasion.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

How many points on 13:31 - Apr 18 with 2409 viewsBluce_Ree

How many points on 12:42 - Apr 18 by kensalriser

And this is why the planet has no chance, there are too many in denial who can’t see past the end of their own noses. How civilised do you think the world is going to be when the freak weather events we’ve been having are now weekly, there are millions of displaced people looking for somewhere else to live and disruptions to essential supplies are making covid and the Ukraine war look like a half-arsed drill. You must all really hate your kids and grandkids if you don’t want a better world for them.

Things like your "carbon footprint" were invented by the oil companies to deflect responsibility to people like us. There's nothing I can honestly do to give the planet more life. Everyone on this forum could start taking the bus tomorrow and we wouldn't buy this planet another second.

Flinging orange paint around petulantly isn't going to convince anyone new to their cause. All they can do at this point is disrupt because they can't fix anything either.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

How many points on 13:37 - Apr 18 with 2386 viewsR_from_afar

How many points on 06:46 - Apr 18 by plasmahoop

Whilst clearly more needs to be done on environmental issues, I don't think it's helpful for us to do it while the likes China to continue to pollute at a much greater rate than us. But their methods are a bigger problem as if you think you have right on your side in this way it can justify any behaviour. Does not set a good precedent for keeping any sort of vaguely civilised society

I don't agree with JSO's methods - they are too extreme and alienate some of their potential supporters - but:
- China installed more solar energy capacity than the rest of the world combined last year
- Many, many nations, including the UK, have exported their emissions to China by sourcing so many manufactured goods from there
- The UK is a long way from being fully decarbonised, although we are making pretty good progress

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

How many points on 14:16 - Apr 18 with 2294 viewsDiscodroids

How many points on 12:42 - Apr 18 by kensalriser

And this is why the planet has no chance, there are too many in denial who can’t see past the end of their own noses. How civilised do you think the world is going to be when the freak weather events we’ve been having are now weekly, there are millions of displaced people looking for somewhere else to live and disruptions to essential supplies are making covid and the Ukraine war look like a half-arsed drill. You must all really hate your kids and grandkids if you don’t want a better world for them.

'You must all really hate your kids and grandkids if you don’t want a better world for them'.

Fu ckin outrageous. you got some fu ckin balls presuming the love i have for my grandchildren and children.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 14:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

How many points on 16:08 - Apr 18 with 2155 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Before I read what it was about I thought it was some kind of weird 'United Ireland' protest as I saw the orange, green and the guy was white.

Opps!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

How many points on 16:08 - Apr 18 with 2142 viewsSheffieldHoop

The protestor on this occasion - Edred Whittingham - Any relation Clive?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

How many points on 16:11 - Apr 18 with 2149 viewsNorthernr

How many points on 16:08 - Apr 18 by SheffieldHoop

The protestor on this occasion - Edred Whittingham - Any relation Clive?

Nope. On this side of the family nnooker is for playing, watching, and sometimes falling asleep at.
How many points on 17:52 - Apr 18 with 2028 viewsrrrspricey

I'm with the string em up brigade.

Yes I get the rationale behind protesting on behalf of the planet but disrupting sports events and gluing yourself to the road in Britain is totally pointless.

This island accounts for 2% of global carbon emissions so if we went totally carbon neutral tomorrow it would have precisely zero impact on climate change.

These tossers need to be shipped to China to protest somewhere that would make a difference
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 22:10]
Login to get fewer ads

How many points on 18:03 - Apr 18 with 2011 viewsSharpy36

All those protesting at the front line, all appear to have both feet firmly placed within a middle class back ground, and have enjoyed the spoils of that up bringing. The actors, sportsmen and notably the likes of attenborough, have carbon foot prints the likes of which we will never achieve in a million life times.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

How many points on 18:24 - Apr 18 with 1973 viewsHayesender

I'd love to see Tarquin and Jessica try to disrupt the Notting Hill carnival. In fact I'd pay to see that carnage

Poll: Shamima Beghum

How many points on 18:37 - Apr 18 with 1947 viewsloftboy

How many points on 17:52 - Apr 18 by rrrspricey

Yes I get the rationale behind protesting on behalf of the planet but disrupting sports events and gluing yourself to the road in Britain is totally pointless.

This island accounts for 2% of global carbon emissions so if we went totally carbon neutral tomorrow it would have precisely zero impact on climate change.

These tossers need to be shipped to China to protest somewhere that would make a difference

Saved me typing the same.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How many points on 21:49 - Apr 18 with 1809 viewsTW_R

How many points on 00:37 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

You may not like their methods, but you can appreciate their goal surely?

The funny thing is Baz, they clearly don’t appreciate their goal. All they’ve got to do is a tiny bit of research to understand the implications of “stopping oil”. There are thousands of products that use oil in their manufacturing (including solar panels and wind turbine blades). Unless you find alternatives then it’s just not possible to achieve what they want. Here’s a selection of some of those products.

Adhesive
Air mattresses
Ammonia
Antifreeze
Antihistamines
Antiseptics
Artificial limbs
Artificial turf
Asphalt
Aspirin
Awnings
Backpacks
Balloons
Ballpoint pens
Bandages
Beach umbrellas
Boats
Cameras
Candies and gum Candles
Car battery cases
Car enamel
Cassettes
Caulking
CDs/computer disks
Cell phones
Clothes
Clothesline
Clothing
Coffee makers
Cold cream
Combs
Computer keyboards
Computer monitors
Cortisone
Crayons
Credit cards Curtains
Dashboards
Denture adhesives
Dentures
Deodorant
Detergent
Dice
Dishwashing liquid
Dog collars
Drinking cups
Dyes
Electric blankets
Electrical tape
Enamel
Epoxy paint
Eyeglasses
Fan belts
Floor wax
Food preservatives
Footballs
Fuel tanks
Glue
Glycerin
Golf bags
Golf balls
Guitar strings
Hair coloring
Hair curlers
Hand lotion
Hearing aids
Heart valves
House paint
Hula hoops
Ice cube trays
ink
Insect repellent
Insecticides
Insulation
iPad/iPhone
Kayaks
Laptops
Life jackets
Lipstick
Loudspeakers
Lubricants
Luggage
Model cars
Mops
Motorcycle helmets
Movie film
Nail polish
Noise insulation
Nylon rope
Oil filters
Packaging
Paint brushes
Paint roller
Pajamas
Panty hose
Parachutes
Perfumes
Petroleum jelly
Pharmaceuticals
Pillow filling
Plastic toys
Plastics
Propane
Purses
Putty
Refrigerants
Refrigerator linings
Roller skate wheels
Safety glasses
Shampoo
Shaving cream
Shoe polish
Shoes/sandals
Shower curtains
Skateboards
Skis
contact lenses
Solar panels
Solvents
Spacesuits
Sunglasses
Surf boards
Telephones
Tennis rackets
Tents
Tires
Umbrellas
Water pipes
Wind turbine blades
How many points on 21:53 - Apr 18 with 1795 viewsstowmarketrange

How many points on 21:49 - Apr 18 by TW_R

The funny thing is Baz, they clearly don’t appreciate their goal. All they’ve got to do is a tiny bit of research to understand the implications of “stopping oil”. There are thousands of products that use oil in their manufacturing (including solar panels and wind turbine blades). Unless you find alternatives then it’s just not possible to achieve what they want. Here’s a selection of some of those products.

Adhesive
Air mattresses
Ammonia
Antifreeze
Antihistamines
Antiseptics
Artificial limbs
Artificial turf
Asphalt
Aspirin
Awnings
Backpacks
Balloons
Ballpoint pens
Bandages
Beach umbrellas
Boats
Cameras
Candies and gum Candles
Car battery cases
Car enamel
Cassettes
Caulking
CDs/computer disks
Cell phones
Clothes
Clothesline
Clothing
Coffee makers
Cold cream
Combs
Computer keyboards
Computer monitors
Cortisone
Crayons
Credit cards Curtains
Dashboards
Denture adhesives
Dentures
Deodorant
Detergent
Dice
Dishwashing liquid
Dog collars
Drinking cups
Dyes
Electric blankets
Electrical tape
Enamel
Epoxy paint
Eyeglasses
Fan belts
Floor wax
Food preservatives
Footballs
Fuel tanks
Glue
Glycerin
Golf bags
Golf balls
Guitar strings
Hair coloring
Hair curlers
Hand lotion
Hearing aids
Heart valves
House paint
Hula hoops
Ice cube trays
ink
Insect repellent
Insecticides
Insulation
iPad/iPhone
Kayaks
Laptops
Life jackets
Lipstick
Loudspeakers
Lubricants
Luggage
Model cars
Mops
Motorcycle helmets
Movie film
Nail polish
Noise insulation
Nylon rope
Oil filters
Packaging
Paint brushes
Paint roller
Pajamas
Panty hose
Parachutes
Perfumes
Petroleum jelly
Pharmaceuticals
Pillow filling
Plastic toys
Plastics
Propane
Purses
Putty
Refrigerants
Refrigerator linings
Roller skate wheels
Safety glasses
Shampoo
Shaving cream
Shoe polish
Shoes/sandals
Shower curtains
Skateboards
Skis
contact lenses
Solar panels
Solvents
Spacesuits
Sunglasses
Surf boards
Telephones
Tennis rackets
Tents
Tires
Umbrellas
Water pipes
Wind turbine blades

Are you sure you haven’t left anything out?
How many points on 22:19 - Apr 18 with 1744 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Adhesive
Air mattresses
Ammonia
Antifreeze
Antihistamines
Antiseptics
Artificial limbs
Artificial turf
Asphalt
Aspirin
Awnings
Backpacks
Balloons
Ballpoint pens
Bandages
Beach umbrellas
Boats
Cameras
Candies and gum Candles
Car battery cases
Car enamel
Cassettes
Caulking
CDs/computer disks
Cell phones
Clothes
Clothesline
Clothing
Coffee makers
Cold cream
Combs
Computer keyboards
Computer monitors
Cortisone
Crayons
Credit cards Curtains
Dashboards
Denture adhesives
Dentures
Deodorant
Detergent
Dice
Dishwashing liquid
Dog collars
Drinking cups
Dyes
Electric blankets
Electrical tape
Enamel
Epoxy paint
Eyeglasses
Fan belts
Floor wax
Food preservatives
Footballs
Fuel tanks
Glue
Glycerin
Golf bags
Golf balls
Guitar strings
Hair coloring
Hair curlers
Hand lotion
Hearing aids
Heart valves
House paint
Hula hoops
Ice cube trays
ink
Insect repellent
Insecticides
Insulation
iPad/iPhone
Kayaks
Laptops
Life jackets
Lipstick
Loudspeakers
Lubricants
Luggage
Model cars
Mops
Motorcycle helmets
Movie film
Nail polish
Noise insulation
Nylon rope
Oil filters
Packaging
Paint brushes
Paint roller
Pajamas
Panty hose
Parachutes
Perfumes
Petroleum jelly
Pharmaceuticals
Pillow filling
Plastic toys
Plastics
Propane
Purses
Putty
Refrigerants
Refrigerator linings
Roller skate wheels
Safety glasses
Shampoo
Shaving cream
Shoe polish
Shoes/sandals
Shower curtains
Skateboards
Skis
contact lenses
Solar panels
Solvents
Spacesuits
Sunglasses
Surf boards
Telephones
Tennis rackets
Tents
Tires
Umbrellas
Water pipes
Wind turbine blades

I could have saved you all that typing by saying I don’t think that they want to literally ‘Just Stop Oil’ as in ALL oil.

I’m getting backs up, so I’ll leave and block this thread after this because I’ve already broken a no politics rule for myself recently.

I don’t agree with most if not all their methods, and I’ve always thought they’d be better off engaging working class communities rather than antagonising them accidentally.

However, their methods do work for them in that every stunt they do brings in supporters and lots of £s which bring political pressure eventually. Letters and demos have been ignored and I assume this is their next step.

I got to know many of their activists through my work and found them mostly not of my class or politics but certainly nice and well meaning people.

What I will say is that they are trying to do something and put their bollocks on the line each time, which is more than I/we do.

Ultimately, we are fcked or soon will be if things don’t change very soon and we can all get angry at handful of cancelled snooker games and blocked bridges but none of it will fcking matter.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat further but I won’t be engaging anymore for Clive’s sake. This forum is tense enough.
How many points on 23:08 - Apr 18 with 1709 viewsDejR_vu

Adhesive
Air mattresses
Ammonia
Antifreeze
Antihistamines
Antiseptics
Artificial limbs
Artificial turf
Asphalt
Aspirin
Awnings
Backpacks
Balloons
Ballpoint pens
Bandages
Beach umbrellas
Boats
Cameras
Candies and gum Candles
Car battery cases
Car enamel
Cassettes
Caulking
CDs/computer disks
Cell phones
Clothes
Clothesline
Clothing
Coffee makers
Cold cream
Combs
Computer keyboards
Computer monitors
Cortisone
Crayons
Credit cards Curtains
Dashboards
Denture adhesives
Dentures
Deodorant
Detergent
Dice
Dishwashing liquid
Dog collars
Drinking cups
Dyes
Electric blankets
Electrical tape
Enamel
Epoxy paint
Eyeglasses
Fan belts
Floor wax
Food preservatives
Footballs
Fuel tanks
Glue
Glycerin
Golf bags
Golf balls
Guitar strings
Hair coloring
Hair curlers
Hand lotion
Hearing aids
Heart valves
House paint
Hula hoops
Ice cube trays
ink
Insect repellent
Insecticides
Insulation
iPad/iPhone
Kayaks
Laptops
Life jackets
Lipstick
Loudspeakers
Lubricants
Luggage
Model cars
Mops
Motorcycle helmets
Movie film
Nail polish
Noise insulation
Nylon rope
Oil filters
Packaging
Paint brushes
Paint roller
Pajamas
Panty hose
Parachutes
Perfumes
Petroleum jelly
Pharmaceuticals
Pillow filling
Plastic toys
Plastics
Propane
Purses
Putty
Refrigerants
Refrigerator linings
Roller skate wheels
Safety glasses
Shampoo
Shaving cream
Shoe polish
Shoes/sandals
Shower curtains
Skateboards
Skis
contact lenses
Solar panels
Solvents
Spacesuits
Sunglasses
Surf boards
Telephones
Tennis rackets
Tents
Tires
Umbrellas
Water pipes
Wind turbine blades

I can only assume the people supporting this sort of thing live in timber and mud huts that they've build themselves from natural materials found on their doorsteps with nothing more than wood fires for heat and cooking, that they only eat home grown produce, wear clothes they've made themselves from wool from the sheep they've raised themselves, and commute everywhere on foot (with no shoes i.e. do a Saxbend). Otherwise that would be hypocritical.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

How many points on 23:47 - Apr 18 with 1660 viewsCanadaRanger

Actually, there are orange and purple balls in Snooker Plus...
The orange is worth 8 points and is placed midway between the pink and blue.
The purple is worth 9 points and is placed midway between the blue and brown.
The extra colours allowed a maximum break of 210 points.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959_News_of_the_World_Snooker_Plus_Tournament#Sno
How many points on 00:23 - Apr 19 with 1621 viewsSharpy36

How many points on 22:19 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I could have saved you all that typing by saying I don’t think that they want to literally ‘Just Stop Oil’ as in ALL oil.

I’m getting backs up, so I’ll leave and block this thread after this because I’ve already broken a no politics rule for myself recently.

I don’t agree with most if not all their methods, and I’ve always thought they’d be better off engaging working class communities rather than antagonising them accidentally.

However, their methods do work for them in that every stunt they do brings in supporters and lots of £s which bring political pressure eventually. Letters and demos have been ignored and I assume this is their next step.

I got to know many of their activists through my work and found them mostly not of my class or politics but certainly nice and well meaning people.

What I will say is that they are trying to do something and put their bollocks on the line each time, which is more than I/we do.

Ultimately, we are fcked or soon will be if things don’t change very soon and we can all get angry at handful of cancelled snooker games and blocked bridges but none of it will fcking matter.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat further but I won’t be engaging anymore for Clive’s sake. This forum is tense enough.

More holes than a vegan safe cullender comrade.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

How many points on 03:56 - Apr 19 with 1597 viewsSydneyRs

How many points on 17:52 - Apr 18 by rrrspricey

Don't agree with this sort of stunt but its far from pointless. This has made headlines all over the world so massive exposure for them.
How many points on 11:16 - Apr 21 with 1337 viewsloftboy

So Extinction Rebellion have said they won’t disrupt the marathon but just stop oil are intending to, how is running a threat to the environment?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How many points on 11:31 - Apr 21 with 1301 viewsClive_Anderson

How many points on 11:16 - Apr 21 by loftboy

So Extinction Rebellion have said they won’t disrupt the marathon but just stop oil are intending to, how is running a threat to the environment?

Because the protestors have to use oil to get to the venue to protest against it.

It's obvious when you think about it.
How many points on 11:35 - Apr 21 with 1287 viewshubble

How many points on 03:56 - Apr 19 by SydneyRs

Don't agree with this sort of stunt but its far from pointless. This has made headlines all over the world so massive exposure for them.

Yes, they're exposed as massive c*nts.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

How many points on 11:39 - Apr 21 with 1270 viewsBklynRanger

How many points on 11:16 - Apr 21 by loftboy

If anything I'd have thought running is good for the environment. Most people do it outside so no need to heat anything.

Maybe the odd MRI or bit of physio, but big general overall health improvements meaning far fewer inpatient hospital stays using far less resources.

Plus a lot of runners have their own pretty lax threshold about when their gear needs to go in the washing machine, again good for the environment. I could go on.

I know people travel from all over the world for it but its a headline event for something that seems genuinely eco-friendly. By that logic the next COP will have to be entirely done over Zoom.
How many points on 14:04 - Apr 22 with 1144 viewsDamo1962

Turned 60, and have started looking at old Jaaag's on Auto Trader 🤔😉
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024