Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses 20:17 - Apr 21 with 5044 viewsThaiHoop

So I wrote something on a Facebook group (I know I know!) saying why I thought Ferdinand should go - mainly based on my thoughts that letting MW go was a bad decision and that our recruitment has been poor.

I received this reply from someone.....

"MW wage demand was unacceptable that was one of the reasons which ignited the touch paper. In January 2022 we were flagging and injuries were becoming an issue. MW was told on many occasions to freshen up the squad with the fringe players, he was reluctant to do so and kept the same retiric going at each interview when asked the question on players he would keep saying' the 17 that got use here should keep playing. Les told him we need a forward which the reply was No, get me another Number 10. Les has become a scapegoat for the incompetence of the owners who just don't care about the club enough to invest. Please don't tell me they are putting in 2.5 million a month, that's total spin"

Would love to know people's thoughts on this!

(Personally I think it doesn't change the fact that letting MW go was wrong and I don't see how the owners can invest more without breaking ffp rules.......as for the money being put in being "total spin", no idea what he means!)
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 20:31 - Apr 21 with 4303 viewsNorthernr

Well, a few things, but if anything has been shown by this season it’s surely that Warburton’s refusal to entertain our fringe players was right. You don’t freshen anything up with George Thomas.
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 20:33 - Apr 21 with 4298 viewsBlue_Castello

People's thoughts are don't go on Facebook and expect a sensible reply.....

Les makes the Football decisions that's what's in his job description and the owners are funding the club from 1.5 to 2 million a month as quoted on this Forum continuously....

For your own sanity don't post on Facebook......

Think we all feel Warburton knew the real strength of his squad and that he didn't have strength in depth and couldn't at the time promote the Academy players if we were genuinely trying to have a push at the play offs.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 20:39]
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 20:34 - Apr 21 with 4294 viewsThaiHoop

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 20:31 - Apr 21 by Northernr

Well, a few things, but if anything has been shown by this season it’s surely that Warburton’s refusal to entertain our fringe players was right. You don’t freshen anything up with George Thomas.

Yes! That's exactly what I said in reply to the bloke.......if he was dumped for not wanting to play "fringe" players then that's another mark against LF, not for as the fella seemed to suggest!

I just need to know I'm not going mad and you've helped to ease my mind there 😄
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 20:36 - Apr 21 with 4280 viewsThaiHoop

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 20:33 - Apr 21 by Blue_Castello

People's thoughts are don't go on Facebook and expect a sensible reply.....

Les makes the Football decisions that's what's in his job description and the owners are funding the club from 1.5 to 2 million a month as quoted on this Forum continuously....

For your own sanity don't post on Facebook......

Think we all feel Warburton knew the real strength of his squad and that he didn't have strength in depth and couldn't at the time promote the Academy players if we were genuinely trying to have a push at the play offs.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 20:39]

Agreed on all counts!

Been laid up with a dislocated kneecap and subsequent tendon surgery for 7 weeks......the devil makes work for idle hands eh!!!!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 20:38]
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 20:43 - Apr 21 with 4236 viewsBlue_Castello

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 20:36 - Apr 21 by ThaiHoop

Agreed on all counts!

Been laid up with a dislocated kneecap and subsequent tendon surgery for 7 weeks......the devil makes work for idle hands eh!!!!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 20:38]

Good luck with the recovery here's hoping for a major miracle tomorrow, it's one of Harry's bonus games.......
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 20:44 - Apr 21 with 4224 viewsSimonD

There is some truth in what he says. The accounts state that the owners put in "only" £16.9m in the 21/22 season. The club also collected the second payment from Crystal Palace for Eze's transfer in that season to help fund the losses. This season they will have to cover the whole loss themselves.
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 21:25 - Apr 21 with 4054 viewsPunteR

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 20:44 - Apr 21 by SimonD

There is some truth in what he says. The accounts state that the owners put in "only" £16.9m in the 21/22 season. The club also collected the second payment from Crystal Palace for Eze's transfer in that season to help fund the losses. This season they will have to cover the whole loss themselves.

This is telling.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 04:33 - Apr 22 with 3760 viewsLoftgirl

I wouldn't pay too much attention to anyone that writes "retiric".
Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 05:48 - Apr 22 with 3741 viewsSimplyNico

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 04:33 - Apr 22 by Loftgirl

This
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 08:05 - Apr 22 with 3585 viewsLoyalitat

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 04:33 - Apr 22 by Loftgirl

Harsh, but I'm inclined to agree with you.
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 08:10 - Apr 22 with 3560 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Refusal to play fringe players is one thing, deliberately antagonising your boss by leaving an empty seat on the bench is another, especially when you were on the downward turn we were at the time.
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 10:14 - Apr 22 with 3382 viewsThaiHoop

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 08:10 - Apr 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Refusal to play fringe players is one thing, deliberately antagonising your boss by leaving an empty seat on the bench is another, especially when you were on the downward turn we were at the time.

Maybe sometimes you have to slap someone in the face with something to make them take notice?
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 10:33 - Apr 22 with 3319 viewsParkRoyalR

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 10:14 - Apr 22 by ThaiHoop

Maybe sometimes you have to slap someone in the face with something to make them take notice?

Yes, agree, and if people had taken note and supported Warburton at the time, we would not be in this mess.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, Warburton's position was further undermined by Andre Gray's behaviours off the field and Charlie Austin's behaviour on it.

So with an ever widening rift with the Academy Heads, being seen to undermine our DoF's non-existent / unsuccessful strategy, our DoF was able to say you backed the Manager financially in his push for the Play-Offs, he's failed, let's try someone else.

So few realised that Warburton had with the likes of Wallace, Moses, Ball, Barbet etc been able to paper over the obvious cracks e.g. the non-performance of our DoF and his team.

Simon Jordan nailed what 90% of our fans seemed to miss when he said Warburton's previous over-achieving led to him being sacked.

I for one would love to see his work ethic and professionalism back at this club.

In the same way it took one man to over-haul every aspect of Manchester United, I believe Mark Warburton is the type of character we need as DoF.
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 10:45 - Apr 22 with 3270 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 08:10 - Apr 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

If my boss was the type of person that would be on a jolly in Hong Kong while his club registered their second relegation under him, that would be the least of my worries.
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 11:44 - Apr 22 with 3166 viewsHooping_Mad

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 10:45 - Apr 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

If my boss was the type of person that would be on a jolly in Hong Kong while his club registered their second relegation under him, that would be the least of my worries.

Lets us never forget while the season turned into the contents of a sewage farm Les was doing some important scouting in Columbia.

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 12:11 - Apr 22 with 3071 viewsPunteR

"MW wage demand was unacceptable"

This was probably the main stumbling block why they didnt renew Warburtons contract.

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 12:15 - Apr 22 with 3055 viewsBAWHoops

FWIW they had Tom Lawrence in the building and ready to sign, but Derby's administrators moved the goalposts on the deal last minute wand we backed out.
So the player that would've fit the brief for both Warbs and LF was identified and ready to go, but things changed

As Clive said, this group have been shit since Jan last year, so Warbs was onto something when he identified that the 17 players that got him to the Play Off's were the only ones he could count on and the rest were a complete waste of time.

I suppose without Wallace, Austin etc to raise standards we've let the poison filter through

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 12:23 - Apr 22 with 3015 viewsE15Hoop

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 12:11 - Apr 22 by PunteR

"MW wage demand was unacceptable"

This was probably the main stumbling block why they didnt renew Warburtons contract.

Warburton does not strike me (or most other people on this forum, I suspect) as someone who would submit an unacceptable wage demand, especially coming from a financial background, having been a DOF at Brentford and knowing the constraints that HQ is having to work under.

Sounds like complete and utter Jimmy Bullards to me..
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 12:37 - Apr 22 with 2965 viewsPunteR

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 12:23 - Apr 22 by E15Hoop

Warburton does not strike me (or most other people on this forum, I suspect) as someone who would submit an unacceptable wage demand, especially coming from a financial background, having been a DOF at Brentford and knowing the constraints that HQ is having to work under.

Sounds like complete and utter Jimmy Bullards to me..

It probably wasnt a unacceptable wage demand to Warburton. Being someone with a financial background would mean contract negotiations would be on point and possibly gave the club a challenging proposal.
Im purely speculating of course but maybe this is where the pressure to get promotion that season came from.?
It all kind of rings true to me.

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 12:39 - Apr 22 with 2951 viewsWegerles_Stairs

A penny for Warburton's thoughts on our demise. Schadenfreude?
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 13:05 - Apr 22 with 2892 viewsE15Hoop

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 12:37 - Apr 22 by PunteR

It probably wasnt a unacceptable wage demand to Warburton. Being someone with a financial background would mean contract negotiations would be on point and possibly gave the club a challenging proposal.
Im purely speculating of course but maybe this is where the pressure to get promotion that season came from.?

..Or maybe it was the other way round? Maybe the progress led to the Board running away with ambition and overenthusiasm (highly likely given what we've seen from them in recent years), and there were some "free and frank discussions" between Warburton and Ferdinand about the expectation, to which Warburton went "if you're asking me to get you that, then I want this in return".
That I could well believe, to which, like you say, most of us would see that as perfectly reasonable, but it got spun (somewhat hypocritically, I think we would all say) by Sir Les and the Board as "unacceptable".
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 13:10 - Apr 22 with 2876 viewsE15Hoop

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 12:39 - Apr 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

A penny for Warburton's thoughts on our demise. Schadenfreude?

Publicly, I think he's far too dignified and professional to admit to that.
In his quieter private moments...? I suspect more genuine sadness, frustration and maybe even a bit of anger that all his hard work and probably some words of realism and abalnace have all got needlessly thrown out of the window through the influence of a handful of people who's ego and incompetence has blinded them to reality.

QPR - Quite Probably Ridiculous..
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 13:15 - Apr 22 with 2866 viewsMatch82

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 10:14 - Apr 22 by ThaiHoop

It's a bit "Redknapp" though isn't it?
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 14:03 - Apr 22 with 2765 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 12:37 - Apr 22 by PunteR

Yeah Warbs was too expensive….this coming from a club paying Ferdinand £500k pa and Ramsey £250k pa. Most over inflated back room staff in the league….to deliver what exactly? Clubs full of grifters and Warbs called it out. He was spot on too.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 14:44 - Apr 22 with 2706 viewsParkRoyalR

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 14:03 - Apr 22 by Northolt_Rs

Yeah Warbs was too expensive….this coming from a club paying Ferdinand £500k pa and Ramsey £250k pa. Most over inflated back room staff in the league….to deliver what exactly? Clubs full of grifters and Warbs called it out. He was spot on too.

Northolt,

Your final line hits the nail squarely on the head!

Our owners, from what I can see, are good decent people but they are not self-made men in the way of a Jim Gregory, David Gold, Khan @ Fulham or Benham @ Brentford,

They have inherited and are the custodians of their family's immense wealth, so they never had the challenges, resourcefulness or street-smarts that say a Jim Gregory had growing up in Latimer Road,

So, they are naive to former so called stars and grifters like Ferdinand, Austin etc,

I think there was a book back in the 90's called Barbarians at The Gate or similar where the CEO at Nabisco or similar blew tens of millions trying to be associated with and pally with various sports superstars and they took advantage, in the same way our current owners and Tony Fernandez have been taken advantage of,

I think they now realise their mistakes and will change their DoF and that next appointment is crucial to the survival of our club.

Warburton would get my vote as our next DoF.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024