Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrexham game 18:47 - Apr 22 with 2563 viewsHeisenberg

Watching the Wrexham v Boreham Wood game. No play acting or diving around. One player just got the ball in his nuts. Ref waved play on and they carried on. Great game. 1 all. 15 mins. Hollywood royalty as a bonus.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Wrexham game on 19:31 - Apr 22 with 2516 viewsBLEEDRED

Watched quite a few National League games on TV, and all have been great to watch
Wrexham game on 19:41 - Apr 22 with 2510 viewsPatfromPoole

I find it hard not to have a bit of admiration for Wrexham.

Ryan Reynolds has managed to show he’s a humble guy who gets it, and he has swept the fans along with him. Every club’s fans below the Prem wish they were owned by him.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Wrexham game on 19:55 - Apr 22 with 2492 viewsHeisenberg

Shame Eastleigh missed out on the play offs.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Wrexham game on 20:23 - Apr 22 with 2478 viewsSouthamptonfan

The national league is surprisingly good. Been to a number of Eastleigh games against many ex league sides. These clubs still have a good following of loyal fans. Wrexham always were going to win the league this year. It's proper honest football, with loyal local fans who love their club.

Eastleigh next year will be one to watch. Rumour has it, Stuart Donald is coming back and he is very rich for that level. Eastleigh have announced a new stand being built ready for next year with a proper concourse. Last time he was here, Donald wanted league football.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 20:24]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Wrexham game on 20:29 - Apr 22 with 2456 viewsWints76

I really hope Notts Co join Wrexham. They've also achieved a ridiculous points rally but without the fanfare, and were also completely screwed over a few years back.

Well done to Wrexham though, those new owners do seem to have a genuine affection for the club.
Wrexham game on 20:37 - Apr 22 with 2442 viewsSouthamptonfan

Wrexham game on 20:29 - Apr 22 by Wints76

I really hope Notts Co join Wrexham. They've also achieved a ridiculous points rally but without the fanfare, and were also completely screwed over a few years back.

Well done to Wrexham though, those new owners do seem to have a genuine affection for the club.

Wrexham will be an interesting story. They will be in the Premier League in five years time, if not earlier.

Wrexham game on 20:57 - Apr 22 with 2386 viewsgreen

Maybe I'm just too cynical about football in general these days but I am struggling to see the love in for Wrexham. Isn't it just a Man City/Blackburn Rovers style outspend the rest of the league?
Wrexham game on 21:05 - Apr 22 with 2379 viewsdirk_doone

Wrexham's owners are so much smarter than ours. They went for an experienced goalkeeper in Ben Foster, an experienced central defender in Ben Tozer and an experienced striker in Paul Mullin, not a bunch of youngsters. That's how you win things: quality and experience in the spine. Even though they are Americans, they are traditional football club owners: what matters to them is success on the pitch for their team, not how much money they can make.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Wrexham game on 21:06 - Apr 22 with 2376 viewsdirk_doone

Wrexham game on 20:57 - Apr 22 by green

Maybe I'm just too cynical about football in general these days but I am struggling to see the love in for Wrexham. Isn't it just a Man City/Blackburn Rovers style outspend the rest of the league?

Jack Walker at Blackburn was another great football club owner: exactly what every club wants. His beloved football team meant the world to him. He wasn't trying to make money out of them; he just wanted his team to win things.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 21:10]

Wrexham game on 21:09 - Apr 22 with 2366 viewsSouthamptonfan

Wrexham game on 21:05 - Apr 22 by dirk_doone

Wrexham's owners are so much smarter than ours. They went for an experienced goalkeeper in Ben Foster, an experienced central defender in Ben Tozer and an experienced striker in Paul Mullin, not a bunch of youngsters. That's how you win things: quality and experience in the spine. Even though they are Americans, they are traditional football club owners: what matters to them is success on the pitch for their team, not how much money they can make.

And they get their fans and community. They just "get it".

Wrexham game on 00:46 - Apr 23 with 2266 viewscocklebreath

Wrexham game on 20:37 - Apr 22 by Southamptonfan

Wrexham will be an interesting story. They will be in the Premier League in five years time, if not earlier.

Not so sure, it takes a few million to get into league 2 it’s gonna takes tens if not hundreds of millions to get to the premier league, the Hollywood boys might not be willing to dig that deep but I suppose they could get Disney to sponsor them

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Wrexham game on 02:03 - Apr 23 with 2248 viewsdirk_doone

Wrexham game on 21:09 - Apr 22 by Southamptonfan

And they get their fans and community. They just "get it".

I'll always remember their cup exploits in the late 70s:

Wrexham game on 08:34 - Apr 23 with 2179 viewskernow

Congratulations to them.
I hope Notts County are promoted also, historic, oldest football club in the World.
Wrexham game on 09:27 - Apr 23 with 2149 views1ASIN12

Wrexham game on 20:37 - Apr 22 by Southamptonfan

They won’t .
Wrexham game on 13:47 - Apr 23 with 2063 viewskingslandstand1

Wrexham game on 21:05 - Apr 22 by dirk_doone

Talking of keepers, Dean Henderson may be available in the summer. Worth a shout if he'd come
Wrexham game on 12:10 - Apr 24 with 1964 viewsSaintNick

Wrexham game on 00:46 - Apr 23 by cocklebreath

Not so sure, it takes a few million to get into league 2 it’s gonna takes tens if not hundreds of millions to get to the premier league, the Hollywood boys might not be willing to dig that deep but I suppose they could get Disney to sponsor them

I dont really understand why there is such a love in for Wrexham, the Hollywood guys might have some good intentions, but ultimately they have taken over a club that has been in the doldrums for years and struggled for support and based in a town with only around 61,000 residents.

Its a bit of a hobby and usually eventually when things like this happens , they get bored and leave and you then find out they didn't actually give the club money but loaned it.

It is all a bit showbizzy and Wrexham will do well for a while then struggle to fill the ground etc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Wrexham game on 12:13 - Apr 24 with 1963 viewssaint901

Congrats to Wrexham.

Yes they had money and were able to field much better players than the majority of the opposition but they still had to be a team and a unified force.

And there is a lesson for us. Owners, fans, non playing staff, manager, team, all in it together with a clear plan and a path that was easy to follow.

They had a core 7 or 8 players who played a lot and rotated a few when needed. You could argue that was a function of players of the right calibre being available or necessity, but to me, it was a piece of their strategy to keep a core team together.

We could learn from them. We might even by playing them in two seasons' time?

Will they make the PL? No. That is beyond even Hollywood money and would need another large US hedge fund to buy in. They might make Championship though.
Wrexham game on 14:11 - Apr 24 with 1914 viewsHeisenberg

Wrexham game on 12:10 - Apr 24 by SaintNick

I dont really understand why there is such a love in for Wrexham, the Hollywood guys might have some good intentions, but ultimately they have taken over a club that has been in the doldrums for years and struggled for support and based in a town with only around 61,000 residents.

Its a bit of a hobby and usually eventually when things like this happens , they get bored and leave and you then find out they didn't actually give the club money but loaned it.

It is all a bit showbizzy and Wrexham will do well for a while then struggle to fill the ground etc

And our owners are in it for what exactly ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024