Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-Playing Departures 08:34 - May 16 with 7542 viewsHullDale

It looks like Sophie (first team physio) is off... not clear whether she has something else lined up, McNulty had his own person in mind or its part of the cost cutting the chairman referenced.

Either way she appears to have worked hard for the club & been a big advocate of her game too... good luck in the future.
Non-Playing Departures on 09:21 - May 16 with 7414 viewsD_Alien

I agree, she's been a good ambassador for the club in a mainly male environment, and good luck for the future

As you say, would be interesting to know the circumstances. If it's cost-cutting, we should expect departures in departments whose effectiveness is far less clear, such as the Commercial team which could do with shaking up regardless of any other circumstances

[Post edited 16 May 2023 11:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Non-Playing Departures on 09:33 - May 16 with 7363 viewsHullDale

Non-Playing Departures on 10:01 - May 16 with 7283 viewsKnavesmireBob

Gutted about this. As the back room team were walking off the pitch at Harrogate I wondered how many would be back next season. Another seemingly competent woman leaving the club after Leighanne earlier in the season, I know it's ultimately about winning games of football but I hope we don't completely lose sight of this either, the club feels fairly patriarchal right now.
Non-Playing Departures on 10:50 - May 16 with 7149 viewsEllDale

I understand that costs have to be slashed but to what extent?
Thereโ€™s comment on another thread about BJ bringing in an experienced, streetwise number 2 but are the funds available in the budget for that?
Non-Playing Departures on 10:57 - May 16 with 7120 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Non-Playing Departures on 10:50 - May 16 by EllDale

Thereโ€™s comment on another thread about BJ bringing in an experienced, streetwise number 2 but are the funds available in the budget for that?

Correct, mindful that if we continue in the same vein as present we will be copping for a further payout further down the line if/when it all falls apart.

Risky.
Non-Playing Departures on 12:36 - May 16 with 6901 viewsChaffRAFC

Non-Playing Departures on 10:50 - May 16 by EllDale

No chance of that happening.

His number 2 will be Kevin Gibbins.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Non-Playing Departures on 13:00 - May 16 with 6783 views_Windydale

I heard the catering 3rd party, might not be renewing for next year. Shame if true I was quite pleased with their food, far better than a lot of away grounds.
Non-Playing Departures on 14:26 - May 16 with 6585 viewsBrierls

It's a shame to see Sophie go. As said in the OP, we don't know the reasons so lets not jump to conclusions on cost cutting.

As fans we rarely get to see the impact of a physio/medical lead at the club, but I saw first hand how good she was in the medical emergency at Salford. Knowing that somebody as calm and professional as Sophie is/was on hand if things go wrong at a game is a comfort.

Lets hope Sophie's replacement is up to scratch.
Login to get fewer ads

Non-Playing Departures on 18:12 - May 16 with 6238 viewsNorthernDale

I agree that Sophie may have received a better job offer, but at the same time, I am getting very worried at the extent of the cost cutting by the board. We have already seen the players budget reduced, all the second year youth players released (which does not give a good impression to any future scholars) and this could cause of the present players to leave and may impact on the quality of the recruitment. My concern and may be overreacting, is that the board as no ambition to return to the EFL, but are slowly taking us on the part-time route, with the constant cuts and which will see us drop further.

I have defended the board and what they have achieved, but I think we will struggle next season with the present mindset of the board. They don't seem to have a plan for the future or if they have, they are keeping it close to their chest. Why as Simon not come and stated the boards objectives for next season for the club? Yes, I accept that the board must work hard to keep us solvent, but at the same time you can go to far, they most balance the books, but at the same time with ambition to return us back to the EFL.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 18:19]
Non-Playing Departures on 18:25 - May 16 with 6194 viewsJames1980

Someone from the board needs to be interviewed about why Jim was chosen as the manager to steer us through the tricky waters of national league and also explain other decisions from a board perspective

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Non-Playing Departures on 19:06 - May 16 with 6061 viewsHullDale

Non-Playing Departures on 18:25 - May 16 by James1980

Someone from the board needs to be interviewed about why Jim was chosen as the manager to steer us through the tricky waters of national league and also explain other decisions from a board perspective

Something like this?

Non-Playing Departures on 20:45 - May 16 with 5863 viewsJames1980

Non-Playing Departures on 19:06 - May 16 by HullDale

Something like this?

Not necessarily don't expect them to be excited about being in National League. Just talk about the decision to put Jim in the head Coach role. Also thank departing staff for their contribution and perhaps explain where they are going and why

Non-Playing Departures on 20:57 - May 16 with 5826 viewspioneer

Non-Playing Departures on 18:25 - May 16 by James1980

Maybe the Trust representative? I asked on another thread what role did the clubโ€™s largest shareholder have in the appointment of the new manager.
Non-Playing Departures on 22:17 - May 16 with 5599 viewsD_Alien

Non-Playing Departures on 20:57 - May 16 by pioneer

Maybe the Trust representative? I asked on another thread what role did the clubโ€™s largest shareholder have in the appointment of the new manager.

The Trust will have been informed of the decision, once it'd been made

The same will happen if/when new ownership begins

Non-Playing Departures on 08:34 - May 17 with 5301 viewspioneer

Non-Playing Departures on 22:17 - May 16 by D_Alien

The Trust will have been informed of the decision, once it'd been made

The same will happen if/when new ownership begins

I dont doubt that, and I expect the same will happen with decisions about any new investors.

Really does bring in to question the way the club is being run at the highest level. I wonder if any new investor would be willing to be treated in this way.
Non-Playing Departures on 08:50 - May 17 with 5260 viewsoddjob007

I very strongly doubt that we have 'cut costs' by dispensing with the 1st team physio!

Would more suspect she's got herself a better move elsewhere, which you can't begrudge the girl for.
Non-Playing Departures on 09:05 - May 17 with 5209 viewsChaffRAFC

Non-Playing Departures on 08:50 - May 17 by oddjob007

I very strongly doubt that we have 'cut costs' by dispensing with the 1st team physio!

Would more suspect she's got herself a better move elsewhere, which you can't begrudge the girl for.

Judging by social media, it would look like she's gutted to be leaving so it may not have been her choice. I hope, for her sake, she does have something better lined up.

I suspect it actually is a cost cutting exercise and it may just be the start of it. Given our losses year on year and a relegation which will no doubt see much less income, a cost-cutting exercise, no matter how big or small, is probably necessary.

Good luck to Sophie in any case

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Non-Playing Departures on 09:06 - May 17 with 5206 viewsseasidedale

We have an assistant physio, Adam brown I think he is called perhaps we will take over the role, or it could be a dual role in future something like fist team coach/physio
Non-Playing Departures on 10:38 - May 17 with 4999 viewsDorkingDale

Non-Playing Departures on 13:00 - May 16 by _Windydale

I heard the catering 3rd party, might not be renewing for next year. Shame if true I was quite pleased with their food, far better than a lot of away grounds.

Yes I heard that too - it's Ben Boothman who owns The Flying Horse, Baum, Bombay Brew & a few others. He's trying to get the lease on The Cemetery at the moment so maybe he has his hands full. Shame.
Non-Playing Departures on 10:49 - May 17 with 4953 viewsD_Alien

Non-Playing Departures on 08:34 - May 17 by pioneer

I dont doubt that, and I expect the same will happen with decisions about any new investors.

Really does bring in to question the way the club is being run at the highest level. I wonder if any new investor would be willing to be treated in this way.

The tactic is to keep the Trust at arm's length, whilst fostering an illusion of involvement

Non-Playing Departures on 11:31 - May 17 with 4847 viewsfitzochris

Non-Playing Departures on 20:57 - May 16 by pioneer

I've asked the question via email twice now. Still awaiting a response.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Non-Playing Departures on 12:28 - May 17 with 4656 views49thseason

Non-Playing Departures on 10:38 - May 17 by DorkingDale

Yes I heard that too - it's Ben Boothman who owns The Flying Horse, Baum, Bombay Brew & a few others. He's trying to get the lease on The Cemetery at the moment so maybe he has his hands full. Shame.

Or an opportunity....
Non-Playing Departures on 12:32 - May 17 with 4647 viewsDalenet

Non-Playing Departures on 18:12 - May 16 by NorthernDale

I agree that Sophie may have received a better job offer, but at the same time, I am getting very worried at the extent of the cost cutting by the board. We have already seen the players budget reduced, all the second year youth players released (which does not give a good impression to any future scholars) and this could cause of the present players to leave and may impact on the quality of the recruitment. My concern and may be overreacting, is that the board as no ambition to return to the EFL, but are slowly taking us on the part-time route, with the constant cuts and which will see us drop further.

I have defended the board and what they have achieved, but I think we will struggle next season with the present mindset of the board. They don't seem to have a plan for the future or if they have, they are keeping it close to their chest. Why as Simon not come and stated the boards objectives for next season for the club? Yes, I accept that the board must work hard to keep us solvent, but at the same time you can go to far, they most balance the books, but at the same time with ambition to return us back to the EFL.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 18:19]

I don't know the reason why Sophie has moved on and I won't speculate. But I am not sure what fans expect of the club in the position we find ourselves. We had a funding gap whilst a League club, and now our income will be down by circa 25% in the national league. Meanwhile the club has seen unprecedented inflationary cost rises and has made the decision to keep season card pricing flat. The sums don't add up unless a significant cost reduction programme is in place. We have to cut all areas of the club rather than simply assume that it falls on the playing squad budget. Otherwise we risk a downward spiral.

However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't redouble our efforts to grow income. Whether that be ticket sales or other income. This forum has been a rich seam of ideas for years and now these ideas need to come through to action. But in the meantime the BoD have a duty to manage the cost base to the level of income they are reasonably able to forecast.
Non-Playing Departures on 03:36 - May 19 with 3910 viewsJames1980

Non-Playing Departures on 10:38 - May 17 by DorkingDale

Whatever the reason for them deciding it was time to stop providing the match day catering services. It is a poor show by our board not to have thanked Ben and the team for all their hard work and tasty food over the years, on the social media feeds and official site.(apologies if they did and I missed the post)

Non-Playing Departures on 15:21 - May 19 with 3514 viewsoddjob007

Non-Playing Departures on 09:05 - May 17 by ChaffRAFC

Judging by social media, it would look like she's gutted to be leaving so it may not have been her choice. I hope, for her sake, she does have something better lined up.

I suspect it actually is a cost cutting exercise and it may just be the start of it. Given our losses year on year and a relegation which will no doubt see much less income, a cost-cutting exercise, no matter how big or small, is probably necessary.

Good luck to Sophie in any case

Of course she's gutted, just as Danny Lloyd is, it's the way in football!

They've just advertised her job on the official website.

Both will be going on to bigger and better things ยฃยฃยฃ, but 'gutted' to be leaving us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024