Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moe or no? 12:27 - Jun 28 with 4043 viewsIOMDale

UTDNFS

Moe or no? on 12:43 - Jun 28 with 3974 viewsseasidedale

While it’s alway good getting young players in, not sure about this, there are other positions which have priority at the moment
Moe or no? on 17:42 - Jun 28 with 3304 viewsblackdogblue

Says he’s a Striker??

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Moe or no? on 17:52 - Jun 28 with 3266 viewsdavidab2202

Moe or no? on 12:43 - Jun 28 by seasidedale

While it’s alway good getting young players in, not sure about this, there are other positions which have priority at the moment

Certainly a case of wait and see with this one I feel. Released by Crawley in March so that he coud join Slough .Mustn't have pulled up any trees there so will have to have fingers crossed that he is not a waste of a wage, which I accept probably won't be great
Moe or no? on 18:18 - Jun 28 with 3191 viewsdholdh

Looks to have some skill based on his instagram reels: https://www.instagram.com/moeshubbar10/reels/
Moe or no? on 18:59 - Jun 28 with 3046 views_Windydale

Clean slate, young lad learning the ropes. Could be a great signing,, he's not been given a chance yet.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 20:12]
Moe or no? on 19:01 - Jun 28 with 3025 views_Windydale

Moe or no? on 12:43 - Jun 28 by seasidedale

Recruiting players in priority order I'm sure, isn't always possible.
Moe or no? on 20:06 - Jun 28 with 2834 viewsJames1980

Moe or no? on 19:01 - Jun 28 by _Windydale

Recruiting players in priority order I'm sure, isn't always possible.

What is always possible is the opportunity to have a little dig here and there.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Moe or no? on 20:25 - Jun 28 with 2767 views_Windydale

Moe or no? on 20:06 - Jun 28 by James1980

What is always possible is the opportunity to have a little dig here and there.

opportunites to be opimistic too, depends on perspective, but lost me on that one James.
Login to get fewer ads

Moe or no? on 20:46 - Jun 28 with 2704 viewsNorthernDale

It is a baffling signing and I would be interested in how he was identified, last season for example he played 4 games for Slough (Nat league South) and 0 goals, 9 games for Worthing (Nat league South) and 0 goals. Yes, he is only 19 and deserves a chance, and some fans on Crawley forum, thought that he did not get a chance, so he may have the ability to develop, but even, so I cannot understand this signing at all.

I had hopes that we would at least make a challenge for the playoffs, but my hopes are slowly ebbing away, through the board selling or allowing decent players to leave and signing unknown quality. We need to hold on our experience players, like Rodney, but I am worried we will sell end up selling Rodney or EEL, in that board as seemly in my humble opinion, written returning to the EFL anytime soon and we may follow Scunthorpe, as we cut costs. I pray to god, I am proven totally wrong.
Moe or no? on 21:05 - Jun 28 with 2618 viewskel

Moe or no? on 20:46 - Jun 28 by NorthernDale

It is a baffling signing and I would be interested in how he was identified, last season for example he played 4 games for Slough (Nat league South) and 0 goals, 9 games for Worthing (Nat league South) and 0 goals. Yes, he is only 19 and deserves a chance, and some fans on Crawley forum, thought that he did not get a chance, so he may have the ability to develop, but even, so I cannot understand this signing at all.

I had hopes that we would at least make a challenge for the playoffs, but my hopes are slowly ebbing away, through the board selling or allowing decent players to leave and signing unknown quality. We need to hold on our experience players, like Rodney, but I am worried we will sell end up selling Rodney or EEL, in that board as seemly in my humble opinion, written returning to the EFL anytime soon and we may follow Scunthorpe, as we cut costs. I pray to god, I am proven totally wrong.

How is it possible to sign unknown quality?
Moe or no? on 21:17 - Jun 28 with 2582 views49thseason

Unfortunately once a player has decided to leave or gets a better offer, there isn't much the club can do to stop them. you can hold a player to his contract but you cant make him give 100% or even train very hard which then becomes a bigger problem for the whole squad.

A club in our situation is bound to be picked over by other clubs, they know we are skint and need to put a full squad together so they make cheeky bids and once they do the outcome is almost inevitable.

The lad who turned up today may have simply phoned around and sent videos of his games, If our staff thought he might have something about him, and he is happy to be paid peanuts for the opportunity, why not give him a go? What did we all reckon about Baah's signing at first sight? If we will not have an academy in 12 months, maybe the plan is to build an under 21s team that operates in sync with the first team and provides an amount of cover for suspensions and injuries and provides opportunities for lads like Moe?
Moe or no? on 21:58 - Jun 28 with 2477 viewsSuddenLad

EEL? I wouldn't be shedding any tears if he left, based on last seasons' performances, and he'll be on a handsome salary. Moe may be a worthwhile signing, we don't yet know how it will turn out, but he won't be being paid a massive amount so it's worth the risk.

Costs are being cut through necessity and we all know the background to that. It's been done to death and it has to be done.

The players who have moved on are/were high earners giving the manager more scope to recruit.

We can only trust him to do that and see where it takes us. This time next week, you'll be looking for satnav codes for Ebbsfleet and Woking. Relax and enjoy the ride.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Moe or no? on 22:28 - Jun 28 with 2401 viewsTalkingSutty

Moe or no? on 21:58 - Jun 28 by SuddenLad

EEL? I wouldn't be shedding any tears if he left, based on last seasons' performances, and he'll be on a handsome salary. Moe may be a worthwhile signing, we don't yet know how it will turn out, but he won't be being paid a massive amount so it's worth the risk.

Costs are being cut through necessity and we all know the background to that. It's been done to death and it has to be done.

The players who have moved on are/were high earners giving the manager more scope to recruit.

We can only trust him to do that and see where it takes us. This time next week, you'll be looking for satnav codes for Ebbsfleet and Woking. Relax and enjoy the ride.

Have we helped ourselves over the last few months when it comes to finances though? Did we go out to engage the Town when it came to promoting the season tickets or did we just take it for granted that the same people would automatically turn up and renew, if that's the case it's lazy. Have the season ticket sales held up or have we seen a significant drop in sales? Is the mindset to just recruit in line with what is in the budget and we'll have to like it or lump it?

What's changed at the club from the previous season, has the mentality and drive in the boardroom changed? That's anybodies guess. We have a rough idea as to what sort of football we will be watching but until we see the new signings perform it's difficult to predict anything.

There comes a time when we have to move on from Bottomley and MH, we can't keep using that as a excuse for failure because there are far smaller clubs than us in this league who will have much higher expectations and desire than we do. There's nothing wrong with aiming for the stars and falling short, that's a notion that seems to be ridiculed in some quarters though, the whole mood around the club is one of gloom and negativity and it starts in the boardroom and seeps down throughout the club unfortunately. So are costs being cut through necessity or are we under performing as a club? I think it's the latter.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 22:42]
Moe or no? on 22:39 - Jun 28 with 2371 views442Dale

Previous eras have been an easy excuse for those who have forgotten that many Dale fans construct opinion on what they see and then comment accordingly. Usually in a very fair way.

It’s always been obvious when people don’t really get how football fans think. It’s usually to the detriment of clubs across the land.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Moe or no? on 23:45 - Jun 28 with 2273 viewsSuddenLad

Moe or no? on 22:28 - Jun 28 by TalkingSutty

Have we helped ourselves over the last few months when it comes to finances though? Did we go out to engage the Town when it came to promoting the season tickets or did we just take it for granted that the same people would automatically turn up and renew, if that's the case it's lazy. Have the season ticket sales held up or have we seen a significant drop in sales? Is the mindset to just recruit in line with what is in the budget and we'll have to like it or lump it?

What's changed at the club from the previous season, has the mentality and drive in the boardroom changed? That's anybodies guess. We have a rough idea as to what sort of football we will be watching but until we see the new signings perform it's difficult to predict anything.

There comes a time when we have to move on from Bottomley and MH, we can't keep using that as a excuse for failure because there are far smaller clubs than us in this league who will have much higher expectations and desire than we do. There's nothing wrong with aiming for the stars and falling short, that's a notion that seems to be ridiculed in some quarters though, the whole mood around the club is one of gloom and negativity and it starts in the boardroom and seeps down throughout the club unfortunately. So are costs being cut through necessity or are we under performing as a club? I think it's the latter.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 22:42]

I'm not aware of any campaign, other than on the club website and social media, which has sought to reach out to potential Dale fans anywhere. As you say, lazy. We have previously had advertising hoarding on the main roads around town encouraging and inviting people to buy season cards. Maybe it's too expensive and not cost effective. The last update I saw (last weekend) was that the club had sold 1,200 season cards. That seems well down on previous seasons, but I will stand to be corrected and in any case, they are still on sale, so it isn't yet a final figure. The playing budget can only ever be relative to income.

It seems to me that perhaps some of the club directors are too busy elsewhere with their own business interests to be totally committed to RAFC. That's understandable, because for them it's their day job and their bread and butter. There must surely come a time when they consider whether they are able to fulfil their roles effectively with everything else going on in their lives. A difficult juggling job, and I don't envy them. Who steps into the breach? Who chose the Chairman? Is he still feeding Shergar?

As for the football, I have to confess that I have no hard and fast ideas about what we can expect to see next season, either in style of play or effectiveness.

Reading the usual channels, some think we will be promoted, others think we'll follow Scunny through the next trap door. Those associated with other clubs have us in the top 4 and some as favourites to go back into the EFL. It's anyone's guess.

Whilst the actions of MH and Bottomley are still having an adverse residual effect on the day to day running of the club, we have moved on and are forging a new path. They are a bad memory. No more.

Every set of supporters in the NL will be hopeful in the season ahead. As we have both said elsewhere, there's no point us being 'Billy Big Bollocks' about it, because we all start with zero points and none of them will be given away. We will have to graft for every single one. Some need to cut the clever talk and show some humility. We are here, because we deserve to be here.

I'm not sure about moon and stars, but if we aim for 3 points every game we will be going about it the right way. Let's be positive and await further recruitment.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Moe or no? on 23:59 - Jun 28 with 2267 viewsJames1980

Moe or no? on 20:25 - Jun 28 by _Windydale

opportunites to be opimistic too, depends on perspective, but lost me on that one James.

Sorry WD I wasn't referring to your post

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Moe or no? on 06:24 - Jun 29 with 2133 viewsTalkingSutty

Moe or no? on 23:45 - Jun 28 by SuddenLad

I'm not aware of any campaign, other than on the club website and social media, which has sought to reach out to potential Dale fans anywhere. As you say, lazy. We have previously had advertising hoarding on the main roads around town encouraging and inviting people to buy season cards. Maybe it's too expensive and not cost effective. The last update I saw (last weekend) was that the club had sold 1,200 season cards. That seems well down on previous seasons, but I will stand to be corrected and in any case, they are still on sale, so it isn't yet a final figure. The playing budget can only ever be relative to income.

It seems to me that perhaps some of the club directors are too busy elsewhere with their own business interests to be totally committed to RAFC. That's understandable, because for them it's their day job and their bread and butter. There must surely come a time when they consider whether they are able to fulfil their roles effectively with everything else going on in their lives. A difficult juggling job, and I don't envy them. Who steps into the breach? Who chose the Chairman? Is he still feeding Shergar?

As for the football, I have to confess that I have no hard and fast ideas about what we can expect to see next season, either in style of play or effectiveness.

Reading the usual channels, some think we will be promoted, others think we'll follow Scunny through the next trap door. Those associated with other clubs have us in the top 4 and some as favourites to go back into the EFL. It's anyone's guess.

Whilst the actions of MH and Bottomley are still having an adverse residual effect on the day to day running of the club, we have moved on and are forging a new path. They are a bad memory. No more.

Every set of supporters in the NL will be hopeful in the season ahead. As we have both said elsewhere, there's no point us being 'Billy Big Bollocks' about it, because we all start with zero points and none of them will be given away. We will have to graft for every single one. Some need to cut the clever talk and show some humility. We are here, because we deserve to be here.

I'm not sure about moon and stars, but if we aim for 3 points every game we will be going about it the right way. Let's be positive and await further recruitment.

The positivity for me now revolves around 'hoping' that a new investor is found quickly. It's not a direction i want us to go in because i expected every member of the board to be fully committed into running the club themselves but I've not seen that collective spirit on display. I then hoped Chris Dunphy and his consortium could have taken over, or at least been included but that wasn't to be and that ship has sailed. So hope is now all we have left. At some stage we will have persons unknown deciding the direction and ambitions of the club, nothing we can do about that now though.

Mc Nulty needs to be judged on what happens going forward just like any other manager. I have my reservations like a lot of Dale fans but we desperately need him to succeed,so not supporting him from the first game at Radcliffe isn't a option. Support the players also, i like the age of the players they seem to be targeting and the fact some have experience at this level, i'm not a advocate of throwing inexperienced youth players in, we are in the business of winning football matches and we need battle hardened players who can scrap. How cost effective is it to run a academy at this level and would you get value for your players when they are cherry picked by clubs in the EFL (L1/L2), it would appear not. So you are putting in all the hard yards to develop players as a club and getting little back in return. I think the recruitment up to now suggests we are looking at the model that was successful under Hill, bring in potential with some experience and polish them up. It's been proven to work. Anywhere around a mid table finish will mean stabilisation and i would deem that as a good first season in charge for the manager. We should be capable of that.

Maybe we might see a surge in season ticket sales, fingers crossed. The implosion of the club and the expectation levels are very worrying though, the likes of Gateshead and Altrincham are now viewed as far better run clubs than Rochdale and I detect a acceptance of that around the club and also amongst the fan base..surely that can't be right?
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 7:09]
Moe or no? on 07:05 - Jun 29 with 2100 viewsD_Alien

Moe or no? on 06:24 - Jun 29 by TalkingSutty

The positivity for me now revolves around 'hoping' that a new investor is found quickly. It's not a direction i want us to go in because i expected every member of the board to be fully committed into running the club themselves but I've not seen that collective spirit on display. I then hoped Chris Dunphy and his consortium could have taken over, or at least been included but that wasn't to be and that ship has sailed. So hope is now all we have left. At some stage we will have persons unknown deciding the direction and ambitions of the club, nothing we can do about that now though.

Mc Nulty needs to be judged on what happens going forward just like any other manager. I have my reservations like a lot of Dale fans but we desperately need him to succeed,so not supporting him from the first game at Radcliffe isn't a option. Support the players also, i like the age of the players they seem to be targeting and the fact some have experience at this level, i'm not a advocate of throwing inexperienced youth players in, we are in the business of winning football matches and we need battle hardened players who can scrap. How cost effective is it to run a academy at this level and would you get value for your players when they are cherry picked by clubs in the EFL (L1/L2), it would appear not. So you are putting in all the hard yards to develop players as a club and getting little back in return. I think the recruitment up to now suggests we are looking at the model that was successful under Hill, bring in potential with some experience and polish them up. It's been proven to work. Anywhere around a mid table finish will mean stabilisation and i would deem that as a good first season in charge for the manager. We should be capable of that.

Maybe we might see a surge in season ticket sales, fingers crossed. The implosion of the club and the expectation levels are very worrying though, the likes of Gateshead and Altrincham are now viewed as far better run clubs than Rochdale and I detect a acceptance of that around the club and also amongst the fan base..surely that can't be right?
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 7:09]

In terms of investment, the one thing i'd be interested in is someone with a proven track record of success, either in terms of starting and developing their own business - a proper business, preferably making things - or of turning a moribund business around. That latter is now Dale

Our current board are all successful people, that's allowed them to step in but it was in an emergency without sufficient thought given to the consequences. Grateful as we are for their doing so, we're simply treading water and you can't do that in any sport. Same applies to the chairman

Impetus is required, someone with drive and ambition and not just rock-solid financial credentials. I'm not sure we'll find it, and that's the biggest concern. There's so many better alternatives for someone with those qualities, unless there's a genuine Dale connection

[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 7:07]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Moe or no? on 07:17 - Jun 29 with 2072 viewsNorthernDale

Yes, we need investment and I presume the board are still looking for a suitable investor, and yes we needed to cut costs, but sometimes you can cut costs to the detriment of the business.

On a side note, as anyone heard what as happened to Lloyd and Graham, have they signed for anyone else.
Moe or no? on 07:22 - Jun 29 with 2063 viewsTalkingSutty

Moe or no? on 07:05 - Jun 29 by D_Alien

In terms of investment, the one thing i'd be interested in is someone with a proven track record of success, either in terms of starting and developing their own business - a proper business, preferably making things - or of turning a moribund business around. That latter is now Dale

Our current board are all successful people, that's allowed them to step in but it was in an emergency without sufficient thought given to the consequences. Grateful as we are for their doing so, we're simply treading water and you can't do that in any sport. Same applies to the chairman

Impetus is required, someone with drive and ambition and not just rock-solid financial credentials. I'm not sure we'll find it, and that's the biggest concern. There's so many better alternatives for someone with those qualities, unless there's a genuine Dale connection

[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 7:07]

I think this is the most important season in the clubs history, things need to change quickly because at the moment all I can see is a club in decline with no money and a large stadium that needs servicing. I was hoping for a new manager who would spark a interest in the Town and galvanise the club, a re-set and rallying call from the Boardroom but there's been none of that and instead it feels like we are just sleep walking into oblivion. The Chairman is the figurehead of the club and should be leading from the front but sadly he's been missing in action for a long time. I'm grateful to them all for saving the club from MH and investing their money but running a football club needs expertise, experience, drive and most importantly ambition, there isn't any of that. The only ambition they have is to sell the club to a person or persons of their choosing. I fear this is going to end very badly, obviously i hope I'm wrong. We have blind faith and a dwindling fan base, that's it.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 7:28]
Moe or no? on 07:26 - Jun 29 with 2040 viewskel

I’m at the point now where they can’t dine out on the Morton House situation anymore. We need to put that behind us now and the board need to step up. Sadly, they don’t seem to have the balls for it which is a shame as they are all Dale fans and surely want the same as your regular supporter.
Moe or no? on 07:37 - Jun 29 with 2013 viewsTalkingSutty

Moe or no? on 07:26 - Jun 29 by kel

I’m at the point now where they can’t dine out on the Morton House situation anymore. We need to put that behind us now and the board need to step up. Sadly, they don’t seem to have the balls for it which is a shame as they are all Dale fans and surely want the same as your regular supporter.

I think the plan is just to 'tread water' in the hope that somebody will invest in the club. There isn't a collective ambition or will to turn around the club themselves, maybe there never was and finding somebody to purchase their shares back and run the club was always the preferred option. It appears that very few in the Boardroom have the free time to donate to the club anyway. As you point out, it's now time to stop using Bottomley and MH as a excuse for going backwards, the club should be turning around it's fortunes by now.
Moe or no? on 09:02 - Jun 29 with 1877 viewskel

Moe or no? on 07:17 - Jun 29 by NorthernDale

Yes, we need investment and I presume the board are still looking for a suitable investor, and yes we needed to cut costs, but sometimes you can cut costs to the detriment of the business.

On a side note, as anyone heard what as happened to Lloyd and Graham, have they signed for anyone else.

Not heard ha thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024