Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match day thread 15:11 - Jul 22 with 3060 viewskingslandstand1

2 up afrer 8 mins but can't find scorer/s
Match day thread on 16:09 - Jul 22 with 2908 views10i

The scorers for saints till now (1:3) have been:
Bednarek
JWP
A. Armstrong

With Tella hitting the bar as well.
Match day thread on 16:34 - Jul 22 with 2830 views1teeminants

1-4

Aribo

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Match day thread on 17:58 - Jul 22 with 2655 viewsMonksway

Where is Sulemana? No sign of him in the pre season games and nothing re a transfer or injury?
Match day thread on 18:05 - Jul 22 with 2637 viewskingslandstand1

Match day thread on 17:58 - Jul 22 by Monksway

Where is Sulemana? No sign of him in the pre season games and nothing re a transfer or injury?

Twitter says SFC has said he's off but don't know where
Match day thread on 18:23 - Jul 22 with 2604 viewsPatfromPoole

Match day thread on 18:05 - Jul 22 by kingslandstand1

Twitter says SFC has said he's off but don't know where

A bit like when he was on the pitch……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Match day thread on 18:24 - Jul 22 with 2599 viewsSouthamptonfan

That was an uplifting watch. Smallbone, Tella, Armstrong, Edozie and of course Livramento all playing very attacking football. Nice to see Russel Martin with the fans too.

[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 18:52]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Match day thread on 20:09 - Jul 22 with 2413 viewsJellybaby

Match day thread on 18:24 - Jul 22 by Southamptonfan

That was an uplifting watch. Smallbone, Tella, Armstrong, Edozie and of course Livramento all playing very attacking football. Nice to see Russel Martin with the fans too.

[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 18:52]

4-2 flattered Reading, we dominated. Smallbone stood out as did Edozie, good day out.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Match day thread on 21:55 - Jul 22 with 2154 viewsinthebox

But what about the goalkeeping? have we ever had a bunch of goalies so weak , we are going to struggle if we don't fix it.
Login to get fewer ads

Match day thread on 23:41 - Jul 22 with 1922 viewsdirk_doone

From the Reading Chronicle: By James Earnshaw

"Southampton breeze past Reading in one-sided pre-season encounter

Reading lost their third pre-season friendly 2-4 to a strong Southampton side in front of 6,000 supporters at the SCL Stadium.

More than 2,500 travelling supporters made a racket as the Hampshire side had the first chance to see their side ahead of their first Championship campaign in over a decade, contributing to almost 50 per cent of the total turnout."

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/23673554.reading-fc-given-difficult-tes

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Match day thread on 00:01 - Jul 23 with 1893 viewsButty101

Match day thread on 21:55 - Jul 22 by inthebox

But what about the goalkeeping? have we ever had a bunch of goalies so weak , we are going to struggle if we don't fix it.

Just seen their 2nd goal, it’s another BaZza special.

I think he needs to be loaned out for the season and another keeper brought in. Otherwise it’s going to cost us

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Match day thread on 00:11 - Jul 23 with 1885 viewsdirk_doone

Match day thread on 00:01 - Jul 23 by Butty101

Just seen their 2nd goal, it’s another BaZza special.

I think he needs to be loaned out for the season and another keeper brought in. Otherwise it’s going to cost us

Bazunu is not good enough yet but I still think he's not as bad as McCarthy. Bazunu made a tremendous save today at close range. He had no chance with Reading's first and when you look at their second, which was also at very close range, he did well to parry it but unfortunately not enough to stop it going into his goal. If he'd not managed to reach the ball at all, and McCarthy wouldn't have, it would have looked better for him.

I agree that we need a new goalkeeper for this season but the one we need to get rid of first is McCarthy.

Although I wasn't keen on his appointment, I'm warming to Russell Martin and think he will sort out the goalkeeping problem.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 0:14]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Match day thread on 05:59 - Jul 23 with 1794 viewsRipleys_revenge

Match day thread on 00:11 - Jul 23 by dirk_doone

Bazunu is not good enough yet but I still think he's not as bad as McCarthy. Bazunu made a tremendous save today at close range. He had no chance with Reading's first and when you look at their second, which was also at very close range, he did well to parry it but unfortunately not enough to stop it going into his goal. If he'd not managed to reach the ball at all, and McCarthy wouldn't have, it would have looked better for him.

I agree that we need a new goalkeeper for this season but the one we need to get rid of first is McCarthy.

Although I wasn't keen on his appointment, I'm warming to Russell Martin and think he will sort out the goalkeeping problem.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 0:14]

Agree that Bazunu didn’t have much chance for the first goal but his positioning looked dodgy to me. Didn’t come out to narrow the angle and presented their striker with almost half the goal
To roll it into. Second goal of course was a shocker.

Still big questions about Bazunu for me, but otherwise feeling good so far about Martin and how things are developing. Early days of course
Match day thread on 08:59 - Jul 23 with 1565 viewssaint22

Match day thread on 05:59 - Jul 23 by Ripleys_revenge

Agree that Bazunu didn’t have much chance for the first goal but his positioning looked dodgy to me. Didn’t come out to narrow the angle and presented their striker with almost half the goal
To roll it into. Second goal of course was a shocker.

Still big questions about Bazunu for me, but otherwise feeling good so far about Martin and how things are developing. Early days of course

Bazunu loves to parry to the attacker
McCarthy stays rooted tohis line and let’s goals in at his near post
We
Need a new
Keeper
Match day thread on 21:17 - Jul 23 with 1395 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23674120.former-southampton-boss-adkins-issues

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024