Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth on Oxford 18:30 - Jul 29 with 18862 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/july/29/ainsworth-post-oxford/

“I’m pleased with where we are in some aspects but that wasn’t good enough."

Pleased with what?
Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:21 - Jul 30 with 3111 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on Oxford on 18:57 - Jul 30 by QPROslo

If he were offered the DoF position?

Either tbh. I think he’d be a massive upgrade on the last DoF and would appoint a manager that suits the squad. I’d have him back as manager in a heartbeat as well. But you can’t have him doing both.

In an ideal world I’d have him as manager with a competent DoF, but I don’t think the owners are capable of appointing a competent DoF. I would trust MW to appoint a decent manager though so, I guess MW as DoF.

Academic though, the owners are too stubborn/egotistical to go back on a decision and why would MW walk back into this sh1t storm after everything he put in place over three years has been ripped up in the last 12 months?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:26 - Jul 30 with 3102 viewseastside_r

Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:13 - Jul 30 by jtuck

But got job as first team coach at West Ham somehow.

And managed to fall out with Moyes, so only lasted a season.

But no surprise Warburton falls out with colleagues wherever he works, but he is never the problem?
Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:34 - Jul 30 with 3058 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:26 - Jul 30 by eastside_r

And managed to fall out with Moyes, so only lasted a season.

But no surprise Warburton falls out with colleagues wherever he works, but he is never the problem?

Did he? Hadn’t seen that. Where did you hear that?

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on Oxford on 22:03 - Jul 30 with 2941 viewsLogman

Just watched the interview, and the goals on the Offish. Only saw the goals but on that evidence he needs to get Kakay out of the right back berth first thing tomorrow morning. Maybe he should put Kakay at right centre back in a back 5 with Drewe at right back, Fox at LCB and Rendall at CCB. I don't think he can afford to take Field out of the midfield anchor role.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 00:03 - Jul 31 with 2711 viewsjtuck

Warbs had couple of interviews where he was pretty candid about about not seeing eye-to-eye with Moyes but said they were still friends. In typical fashion was very respectful about it.

LAranger

Ainsworth on Oxford on 07:41 - Jul 31 with 2447 viewsQPROslo

Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:21 - Jul 30 by DejR_vu

Either tbh. I think he’d be a massive upgrade on the last DoF and would appoint a manager that suits the squad. I’d have him back as manager in a heartbeat as well. But you can’t have him doing both.

In an ideal world I’d have him as manager with a competent DoF, but I don’t think the owners are capable of appointing a competent DoF. I would trust MW to appoint a decent manager though so, I guess MW as DoF.

Academic though, the owners are too stubborn/egotistical to go back on a decision and why would MW walk back into this sh1t storm after everything he put in place over three years has been ripped up in the last 12 months?

Well MW has said he would be interested in a DoF position. Whether our Owners would offer him the job and whether he'd take it or not depends on many things doubless including how he left it with the Board 14 .months ago. Perhaps that is no longer a problem if it was Les who was mainly responsible for him leaving. The other problem could be Gareth if he couldn't aline himself to the type of football I'd expect MW would want played throughout the Club.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 07:48 - Jul 31 with 2422 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on Oxford on 00:03 - Jul 31 by jtuck

Warbs had couple of interviews where he was pretty candid about about not seeing eye-to-eye with Moyes but said they were still friends. In typical fashion was very respectful about it.

Is there anybody Warburton does see eye to eye with?
Ainsworth on Oxford on 07:50 - Jul 31 with 2417 viewsdistortR

Ainsworth on Oxford on 18:14 - Jul 30 by Rangersw12

100% agree

Also wasn't Austin a TF signing

Can't blame a manger for overspending anyway IMO all of them want more bodies so it's up to the people above them to say no and not gamble the future of the club

This is it with our board, managers, even Les.
people say the board are uninterested, but then individual board members step in and sign players, or scratch that manager itch.
Hence the reason I don't lay into Les over his perceived failures - we just don't know the balance of power at any given time.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on Oxford on 07:54 - Jul 31 with 2408 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on Oxford on 07:48 - Jul 31 by Northernr

I think he can clearly be abrasive. However, I also think there's an incredible amount of BS and mediocrity in football that he doesn't have a lot of truck with, and says so. That might make him unpopular with some. On the other hand, Benham clearly knows what he's doing, so Warbs isn't always right! Say it again: it was obvious the players respected him and even in poor periods, there was no lack of effort.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on Oxford on 08:07 - Jul 31 with 2368 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on Oxford on 07:54 - Jul 31 by Antti_Heinola

I think he can clearly be abrasive. However, I also think there's an incredible amount of BS and mediocrity in football that he doesn't have a lot of truck with, and says so. That might make him unpopular with some. On the other hand, Benham clearly knows what he's doing, so Warbs isn't always right! Say it again: it was obvious the players respected him and even in poor periods, there was no lack of effort.

I would imagine it’s incredibly frustrating working with the sort of people that populate football. When he was here, he appeared to be the only one at the club who had the first clue what he was doing. I think I would have found it difficult dealing with LF and not to laugh at the academy set up.

Ainsworth on Oxford on 08:16 - Jul 31 with 2322 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on Oxford on 07:50 - Jul 31 by distortR

This is it with our board, managers, even Les.
people say the board are uninterested, but then individual board members step in and sign players, or scratch that manager itch.
Hence the reason I don't lay into Les over his perceived failures - we just don't know the balance of power at any given time.

Surely, if you’re DoF, appointed into a newly created role as a consequence of the owners, belatedly, recognising their shortcoming, you don’t stand by and allow the same owners to continue playing real life football manager, otherwise you’re just facilitating what you’re there to avoid, which makes you a big part of the problem, no?

Ainsworth on Oxford on 10:02 - Jul 31 with 2141 viewsterryb

Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:20 - Jul 30 by E15Hoop

Then what would your plan be, Terence, me old china?
I'm just predicting what I believe the gameplan will be. Last time I looked, Declan Rice was busy settling himself in a few miles up the road.

Hopefully I won't as condescending or sarcastic in my reply, but your comment deserves both!

And, before I start, only friends & relatives are allowed to call me Terence. I don't think you qualify as either!

Your "I'm only predicting" was that Ainsworth would gamble on Gape's age & experience to buy us time. Firstly, he has only played in 14 games at this level & so he is lacking in the experince department & IMO he is a worse player than Andre Dozzell, who is a player I was greatly adverse to Queens Park Rangers signing!

What would I do? I've not a clue & thankfully I'm not employed to make these decisions. Neither are you!

What I wouldn't do is sign an unfit player who (IMO) is not as good as the players we already have. I will grant you that he might give us more effort. Especially than Richards appears to give. A player you have assured us is reformed & up for the fight.

Last season I would have given Dixon-Bonner more than 30 minutes playing time in the multiple games that he was a sub. Then we might already know if he should be in our first eleven, but Gareth Ainsworth preferred to bring on the tried & tested rather than doing something different.

I disagree with your views on the appointment of GA & the culture he brings to the club, but I've tried to be respectful in my replies to you, "me old china". Hopefully, I will calm down enough to do so again!

Finally, you continually state that you have given us evidence as to why you have faith in GA. I dispute this! All you refer to are soundbites & unflinching faith in the management duo. That is like going to a political rally for your party & quoting what has been said as gospel!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 10:18]
Ainsworth on Oxford on 10:22 - Jul 31 with 2080 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth on Oxford on 08:16 - Jul 31 by DejR_vu

Surely, if you’re DoF, appointed into a newly created role as a consequence of the owners, belatedly, recognising their shortcoming, you don’t stand by and allow the same owners to continue playing real life football manager, otherwise you’re just facilitating what you’re there to avoid, which makes you a big part of the problem, no?

Yeh exactly. I think appointing him when he had no previous experience caused this. Basically he just grew within the club and didn't really put his own stamp on it. I bet he we live to regret that.
If he goes to another club in the DoF role it would be a lot different I would imagine.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ainsworth on Oxford on 10:37 - Jul 31 with 2032 viewssparkey

Pretty sobering graph that.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 12:21 - Jul 31 with 1913 viewsTK1

Ainsworth on Oxford on 10:37 - Jul 31 by sparkey

Pretty sobering graph that.

It is sobering, yes, but... seems unlikely that Birmingham and Plymouth are the other two relegated teams IMO. Nor will Huddersfield be so high, Watford so low, Southampton either...I mean, it's bollocks, actually when you look at it, isn't it? It's impossible to call this season - apart from Leicester going up and QPR going down.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 12:33 - Jul 31 with 1892 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth on Oxford on 10:02 - Jul 31 by terryb

Hopefully I won't as condescending or sarcastic in my reply, but your comment deserves both!

And, before I start, only friends & relatives are allowed to call me Terence. I don't think you qualify as either!

Your "I'm only predicting" was that Ainsworth would gamble on Gape's age & experience to buy us time. Firstly, he has only played in 14 games at this level & so he is lacking in the experince department & IMO he is a worse player than Andre Dozzell, who is a player I was greatly adverse to Queens Park Rangers signing!

What would I do? I've not a clue & thankfully I'm not employed to make these decisions. Neither are you!

What I wouldn't do is sign an unfit player who (IMO) is not as good as the players we already have. I will grant you that he might give us more effort. Especially than Richards appears to give. A player you have assured us is reformed & up for the fight.

Last season I would have given Dixon-Bonner more than 30 minutes playing time in the multiple games that he was a sub. Then we might already know if he should be in our first eleven, but Gareth Ainsworth preferred to bring on the tried & tested rather than doing something different.

I disagree with your views on the appointment of GA & the culture he brings to the club, but I've tried to be respectful in my replies to you, "me old china". Hopefully, I will calm down enough to do so again!

Finally, you continually state that you have given us evidence as to why you have faith in GA. I dispute this! All you refer to are soundbites & unflinching faith in the management duo. That is like going to a political rally for your party & quoting what has been said as gospel!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 10:18]

Fair enough. That's me put rightfully in my place, then.
You won't have to be concerned with my "condescending and sarcastic" comments for a while in any event as I'm taking an enforced break due to work commitments beyond what I had originally budgeted for, during which time you can enjoy accumulating as much evidence as possible to confirm that I clearly don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
To be fair to you, 5-0 to a League One side with next to nothing on target is a bit difficult to argue with, so have that one on me, and enjoy the rest of the summer!
Ainsworth on Oxford on 13:20 - Jul 31 with 1762 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth on Oxford on 12:33 - Jul 31 by E15Hoop

Fair enough. That's me put rightfully in my place, then.
You won't have to be concerned with my "condescending and sarcastic" comments for a while in any event as I'm taking an enforced break due to work commitments beyond what I had originally budgeted for, during which time you can enjoy accumulating as much evidence as possible to confirm that I clearly don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
To be fair to you, 5-0 to a League One side with next to nothing on target is a bit difficult to argue with, so have that one on me, and enjoy the rest of the summer!

And BTW I sincerely apologise that my sense of humour clearly did not translate well to your neck of the woods.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 13:44 - Jul 31 with 1698 viewsterryb

Ainsworth on Oxford on 13:20 - Jul 31 by E15Hoop

And BTW I sincerely apologise that my sense of humour clearly did not translate well to your neck of the woods.

Thank you. Accepted.

BTW. As I've often stated, I don't think we will be relegated!

Terence was only used by my mother (when I was in trouble) & my sister-in-law (we referred to each other with full names & being the only person allowed to do so). Rest in peace Todge & Gill.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 14:16 - Jul 31 with 1554 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ramsey and co. are still in place anyway and Warburton's main beef was with them, wasn't it?
Ainsworth on Oxford on 15:20 - Jul 31 with 1441 viewsQPunkR

Ainsworth on Oxford on 07:48 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Are you accusing him of being terrifically tall?

QPR - "shit but local"

Ainsworth on Oxford on 17:43 - Jul 31 with 1214 viewsPinnerPaul

Ainsworth on Oxford on 17:29 - Jul 30 by Antti_Heinola

The Warbs overspending narrative gathers pace.
Let’s get this right: in 3 years he barely paid a fee for anyone. He improved players, had a discernible pattern of play, the players respected him and played for him. We had some poor runs, but he showed he could turn them round. Digging him out for signing Johansen and Austin on big contracts is a little unfair, particularly as it came close to working.

I’d take him back now and give him license to do whatever he thinks needs doing.

Well he finished on a very poor run, so no chance/evidence to show he could that one round.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 17:47 - Jul 31 with 1190 viewsPinnerPaul

Ainsworth on Oxford on 12:21 - Jul 31 by TK1

It is sobering, yes, but... seems unlikely that Birmingham and Plymouth are the other two relegated teams IMO. Nor will Huddersfield be so high, Watford so low, Southampton either...I mean, it's bollocks, actually when you look at it, isn't it? It's impossible to call this season - apart from Leicester going up and QPR going down.

and we're not favourites with most bookmakers.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 18:03 - Jul 31 with 1147 viewsderbyhoop

What criteria do you need for a DOF?
What KPIs can you use to assess his/her performance?

I certainly don't think we should be relying on the 1st team manager to handle, scouting, recruitment, youth development and liaison with the Board.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024