Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A late winning goal 10:03 - Aug 5 with 2461 viewsPatfromPoole

How bloody marvellous to win a game with a late winning goal.

Hasn’t happened for a long time.

I’m not getting carried away at all, Sheff Wed were very poor and justified the pessimism of a number of their fans on the walk to the ground last night.

However scoring late winners is what successful teams do a lot.

The thing about having more injury-time could mean that this happens more and more.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

A late winning goal on 10:16 - Aug 5 with 2411 viewsdarthvader

And we basically kept the lions share of possession after this goal too which for us is something of a relevation .

Game management without looking like we are time wasting . I like it
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 10:16]

keep the faith coyr

A late winning goal on 10:46 - Aug 5 with 2365 viewssaint22

All very true BUT ands it’s a huge BUT Weds were dire and Wes should have been 3 or 4 up by HT
Our lack of clinical finishing is going to haunt us big time
We need a Piroe or the like quick sharp
A late winning goal on 10:51 - Aug 5 with 2357 viewsJellybaby

A late winning goal on 10:46 - Aug 5 by saint22

All very true BUT ands it’s a huge BUT Weds were dire and Wes should have been 3 or 4 up by HT
Our lack of clinical finishing is going to haunt us big time
We need a Piroe or the like quick sharp

I would prefer Piroe to Billy Sharp.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

A late winning goal on 10:51 - Aug 5 with 2357 viewsblambo

The appalling lack of urgency when it was 1-1 was infuriating.
It took the subs (who should have been brought on MUCH earlier) to inject any
action or fight.
A late winning goal on 11:00 - Aug 5 with 2333 viewsfelly1

So nice to go to bed buzzing from a league win at last!
Tougher games to come for sure but let's enjoy these moments fellow fans!
A late winning goal on 08:41 - Aug 6 with 1970 viewsHollywood56

A late winning goal on 10:16 - Aug 5 by darthvader

And we basically kept the lions share of possession after this goal too which for us is something of a relevation .

Game management without looking like we are time wasting . I like it
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 10:16]

It's ok having 80% plus possession, BUT we did next to nothing with it, passing backwards and sideways was boring to watch, never the less a win is a win.

It did prove though that we still need a decent 25 goal a season goal scorer, ( who incidentally doesn't forget how to score in the premiership), and a decent goal keeper, Buzuna still looks dogey, and I've absolutely NO confidence in McCarthy. We have however found a new Shane Long, Adam Armstrong ran around like a headless chicken, even had the audacity to claim a goal he knew nothing about.
A late winning goal on 08:44 - Aug 6 with 1965 viewskernow

I’m just very happy to have won.😇
A late winning goal on 09:33 - Aug 6 with 1933 viewsMonksway

Same here. As everybody has noted there were positives and negatives. Wednesday were poor but their low block was very difficult to break down. Better teams will press us more which will create mistakes at the back but provide us with more space to attack ourselves. Some of our technically better players will undoubtedly leave but the team will start to establish itself and become more confident as a unit. Either way I'm really looking forward to the season in a way that I haven't done for a while in the Premier League.
Login to get fewer ads

A late winning goal on 10:48 - Aug 6 with 1896 viewsPatfromPoole

A late winning goal on 08:41 - Aug 6 by Hollywood56

It's ok having 80% plus possession, BUT we did next to nothing with it, passing backwards and sideways was boring to watch, never the less a win is a win.

It did prove though that we still need a decent 25 goal a season goal scorer, ( who incidentally doesn't forget how to score in the premiership), and a decent goal keeper, Buzuna still looks dogey, and I've absolutely NO confidence in McCarthy. We have however found a new Shane Long, Adam Armstrong ran around like a headless chicken, even had the audacity to claim a goal he knew nothing about.

Any side will need to score about 80 goals this season in this League to get promoted.

We shall see.

A late winning goal on 11:47 - Aug 6 with 1858 viewsSaintNick

Hang on wasn't it Sheffield Wednesday who came back from a 4-0 deficit in the play off first leg and who were going to blow us away with their aerial bombardment.

I think although we have to be cautious, this was a good performance in which we didn't give Wednesday any chance to get the ball and do anything with it, its a work in progress.

I don't think Adam Armstrong had the audacity to claim the goal, he had no choice in the matter, it was given to him by those that decide.

It doesn't matter how they go in, just that they go in, Armstrong would take 25 deflections to his name

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

A late winning goal on 12:16 - Aug 6 with 1841 viewsPatfromPoole

A late winning goal on 11:47 - Aug 6 by SaintNick

Hang on wasn't it Sheffield Wednesday who came back from a 4-0 deficit in the play off first leg and who were going to blow us away with their aerial bombardment.

I think although we have to be cautious, this was a good performance in which we didn't give Wednesday any chance to get the ball and do anything with it, its a work in progress.

I don't think Adam Armstrong had the audacity to claim the goal, he had no choice in the matter, it was given to him by those that decide.

It doesn't matter how they go in, just that they go in, Armstrong would take 25 deflections to his name

A direct style of play is how Sheffield Wednesday SHOULD have played on Friday.

I was baffled as to why they kept retreating whenever our keeper or back 4 had the ball.

Anybody who saw the Boscombe friendly will have seen that we would struggle to cope against a side that presses from the front.

The Plymouth and Sunderland away games will be particularly telling. I can’t see either of those sides giving us anything like as much time on the ball.

If we can win both of those games, I will start to believe this could be our season.

A late winning goal on 13:03 - Aug 6 with 1809 viewskingslandstand1

A late winning goal on 12:16 - Aug 6 by PatfromPoole

A direct style of play is how Sheffield Wednesday SHOULD have played on Friday.

I was baffled as to why they kept retreating whenever our keeper or back 4 had the ball.

Anybody who saw the Boscombe friendly will have seen that we would struggle to cope against a side that presses from the front.

The Plymouth and Sunderland away games will be particularly telling. I can’t see either of those sides giving us anything like as much time on the ball.

If we can win both of those games, I will start to believe this could be our season.

But Wednesday sacked the manager they had after coming back from the 4 goal deficit for some reason which is why they may struggle

Norwich will more than likely be a much tougher test next week but we will have home advantage and Friday's win should at least mean a slightly more positive outlook than the last few competitive home games!!
A late winning goal on 19:28 - Aug 13 with 1658 viewsPatfromPoole

If we keep up this habit of scoring crucial late goals, I MAY have to revise my pre-season prediction of us finishing 17th…….

A late winning goal on 19:50 - Aug 13 with 1607 viewscocklebreath

A late winning goal on 19:28 - Aug 13 by PatfromPoole

If we keep up this habit of scoring crucial late goals, I MAY have to revise my pre-season prediction of us finishing 17th…….

16th?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

A late winning goal on 06:24 - Aug 21 with 1389 viewsPatfromPoole

Now up to 5 points earned from late goals scored in 3 games this season.

This will indeed give us half a chance of finishing higher than 17th if we can keep this up……

A late winning goal on 06:48 - Aug 21 with 1363 viewsSalisburySaint

A late winning goal on 06:24 - Aug 21 by PatfromPoole

Now up to 5 points earned from late goals scored in 3 games this season.

This will indeed give us half a chance of finishing higher than 17th if we can keep this up……

Even got a late goal at Gillingham, so every game so far
A late winning goal on 06:55 - Aug 21 with 1348 viewsPatfromPoole

A late winning goal on 06:48 - Aug 21 by SalisburySaint

Even got a late goal at Gillingham, so every game so far

Rusty-Time…..

A late winning goal on 10:22 - Aug 21 with 1246 viewsIanSouthstander

All this tippy tappy sideway backwards passing might not be the prettiest or most exciting to watch for us fans.
But it sure as hell tires the opposition out trying to get the ball off us.
4 games. 4 late goals Opposition players out on their feet.
Good times. Reminds me of the Strachan era when we were one of the fittest teams around.
A late winning goal on 10:24 - Aug 21 with 1243 viewsSalisburySaint

A late winning goal on 06:55 - Aug 21 by PatfromPoole

Rusty-Time…..

The additional time being added on on games this season is certainly helping us with the style of play we have adopted this season, both Sheff Weds and Plymouth were out on their feet towards the end of the games, whist we still seem to have loads of energy for these 100min plus games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024