Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JWP off to West Ham 10:38 - Aug 9 with 2443 viewssaints__fan__73

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

JWP off to West Ham on 10:44 - Aug 9 with 2400 viewsdirk_doone

Could we make it a condition that they can only have him if they agree to take McCarthy and Bree as well? I guess we'd have to accept a reduced fee though.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 10:45]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

JWP off to West Ham on 10:46 - Aug 9 with 2383 viewsPatfromPoole

We will need a leader in midfield ASAP then.

I like Hamer at Cov, though I suspect Grimes at Swansea may be the likely bet.

Oh for a James Milner type.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

JWP off to West Ham on 10:50 - Aug 9 with 2356 viewsSFC_Referee

Not so convinced on this one, as everything went all quite a while back on this one, and people are saying now that he’s still gonna be playing on Saturday, as almost a seeing off sorts game, but that just never happens with transfers. As it’s just a few fans on there site that started saying it all and then a few newspapers have jumped on it…
So I really don’t know about this one

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

JWP off to West Ham on 10:52 - Aug 9 with 2355 viewsdirk_doone

JWP off to West Ham on 10:50 - Aug 9 by SFC_Referee

Not so convinced on this one, as everything went all quite a while back on this one, and people are saying now that he’s still gonna be playing on Saturday, as almost a seeing off sorts game, but that just never happens with transfers. As it’s just a few fans on there site that started saying it all and then a few newspapers have jumped on it…

Reading their fans' comments there, it's not a rumour they want to start:

CharlieLWHU ⚒
@CharlieLWHU
·
30m
It gets worse… first Maguire now this.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

JWP off to West Ham on 11:01 - Aug 9 with 2306 viewsSFC_Referee

JWP off to West Ham on 10:50 - Aug 9 by SFC_Referee

Forget all of that as about the one consistently good player we had is now gone!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c281lldx9xro.amp

It’s just a question now as to whether or not the rumours about him playing his last game for us against Norwich is true or not

JWP off to West Ham on 11:04 - Aug 9 with 2298 viewsSFC_Referee

JWP off to West Ham on 10:52 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

Reading their fans' comments there, it's not a rumour they want to start:

CharlieLWHU ⚒
@CharlieLWHU
·
30m
It gets worse… first Maguire now this.

Yeah well everyone’s saying it’s £30m, but still it’s down to how we spend that money now as to how well we do. As if we do sell Lavia and us all this transfer money we’ve made to bring in Piro, that Sunderland striker and someone to replace Prowse, then yeah well it won’t have been the worst bit of business

JWP off to West Ham on 11:06 - Aug 9 with 2299 viewssaints__fan__73

JWP off to West Ham on 11:04 - Aug 9 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well everyone’s saying it’s £30m, but still it’s down to how we spend that money now as to how well we do. As if we do sell Lavia and us all this transfer money we’ve made to bring in Piro, that Sunderland striker and someone to replace Prowse, then yeah well it won’t have been the worst bit of business

Why do you think we will be spending more than a fraction of all of this money? We are now in a league with far smaller revenues than the PL and have to pay for our £160m transfer net spend of last season.

JWP off to West Ham on 11:25 - Aug 9 with 2225 viewsDorsetIan

JWP off to West Ham on 10:46 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

We will need a leader in midfield ASAP then.

I like Hamer at Cov, though I suspect Grimes at Swansea may be the likely bet.

Oh for a James Milner type.

Last I head Hamer was delaying signing a new contract at Cov.

He’s good but not sure he’s the answer.

I think we need someone with solid PL and international experience in midfield. We still haven’t replaced Romeu really and if Latvia is off we are going to need some proper backbone.

Getting JWP’s replacement right will likely define our season.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

JWP off to West Ham on 11:29 - Aug 9 with 2215 viewsarfurdent

another wheel off the wagon

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

JWP off to West Ham on 11:32 - Aug 9 with 2203 viewsIanSouthstander

West Ham don't appear to have increased their offer. But it's said that they have offered more favourable conditions and payment terms.
Still not acceptable.
JWP off to West Ham on 11:38 - Aug 9 with 2178 viewsSFC_Referee

JWP off to West Ham on 11:06 - Aug 9 by saints__fan__73

Why do you think we will be spending more than a fraction of all of this money? We are now in a league with far smaller revenues than the PL and have to pay for our £160m transfer net spend of last season.

Ok but even then, for everyone we’ve gotten rid of so far, as well as the inevitable sale of Lavia, that is like £160m already, and I’m sure that we’ll be able to get in those 3 with those sorta funds

JWP off to West Ham on 12:01 - Aug 9 with 2123 viewsButty101

JWP off to West Ham on 11:38 - Aug 9 by SFC_Referee

Ok but even then, for everyone we’ve gotten rid of so far, as well as the inevitable sale of Lavia, that is like £160m already, and I’m sure that we’ll be able to get in those 3 with those sorta funds

I really hoped JWP would stay as he is the heart beat of the team. If we lose Lavia and Smallbone as well then we really need to splash the cash. I’m not sure Charles is quite ready and the fear is we bring in another unproven youngster.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

JWP off to West Ham on 12:06 - Aug 9 with 2104 viewsI_would

Please god .................

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

JWP off to West Ham on 09:20 - Aug 10 with 1888 viewsNumber_58

JWP off to West Ham on 12:06 - Aug 9 by I_would

Please god .................

The only silver lining to this whole sorry affair would be if you fecked off to the West Ham forum to carry on slagging him off on there.
JWP off to West Ham on 09:33 - Aug 10 with 1873 viewssaints__fan__73

JWP off to West Ham on 11:38 - Aug 9 by SFC_Referee

I would be surprised if we spend much more. We'll have to largely to make do with what's left after the firesale.

Our debt is approaching a quarter of a billion and for comparison a mid-table Championship team like QPR has yearly total revenues from ticket sales, tv, sponsorship etc of £20m per year.

JWP off to West Ham on 11:16 - Aug 10 with 1774 viewsSFC_Referee

JWP off to West Ham on 09:33 - Aug 10 by saints__fan__73

I would be surprised if we spend much more. We'll have to largely to make do with what's left after the firesale.

Our debt is approaching a quarter of a billion and for comparison a mid-table Championship team like QPR has yearly total revenues from ticket sales, tv, sponsorship etc of £20m per year.

Ok but right now we’re not a team expected to Finnish mid table, and are selling more tickets this season in the championship than we did last season in the prem!
And with Lavia looking like he’ll be joining the list for sales, then that’s us hitting around a quarter or a billion quid we’ve made in sales this transfer market alone! As I think we’ll need to be spending at least another £60m-£100m this transfer market if we’re to fill in the holes properly and keep our genuine promotion hopes alive.

JWP off to West Ham on 11:44 - Aug 10 with 1749 viewsPatfromPoole

JWP off to West Ham on 11:16 - Aug 10 by SFC_Referee

Ok but right now we’re not a team expected to Finnish mid table, and are selling more tickets this season in the championship than we did last season in the prem!
And with Lavia looking like he’ll be joining the list for sales, then that’s us hitting around a quarter or a billion quid we’ve made in sales this transfer market alone! As I think we’ll need to be spending at least another £60m-£100m this transfer market if we’re to fill in the holes properly and keep our genuine promotion hopes alive.

A quarter of a billion quid??!!??

Eh???

Don’t forget Chelsea and City’s cut of the sales of Livramento and Lavia….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

JWP off to West Ham on 11:51 - Aug 10 with 1727 viewssaints__fan__73

JWP off to West Ham on 11:16 - Aug 10 by SFC_Referee

We've made a quarter of a billion in transfer fees this window? What are you smoking!

You're going to be VERY disappointing if you think we'll spend anywhere near £100m. We're not in the PL anymore. Average Championship yearly transfer spend is around one tenth of that!

JWP off to West Ham on 11:51 - Aug 10 with 1727 viewsButty101

JWP off to West Ham on 11:44 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

Eh???

I think maths wasnt the refs strongest point. I reckon if Lavia goes, saints will have sold 125mill of talent once you take into account clauses.

JWP off to West Ham on 12:06 - Aug 10 with 1700 viewsSFC_Referee

JWP off to West Ham on 11:44 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

Eh???

Yeah tbf I was looking at my post earlier, but that’s including all the potential transfers that could happen 😂
But still, we have now made with the sales of Lavia and Prowse included, around £150m, and that’ll only get bigger when we sell ABK and probably Sulemana as well, which would probably send it to just below £200m.

JWP off to West Ham on 12:08 - Aug 10 with 1698 viewsSFC_Referee

JWP off to West Ham on 11:51 - Aug 10 by Butty101

I think maths wasnt the refs strongest point. I reckon if Lavia goes, saints will have sold 125mill of talent once you take into account clauses.

Well Tbf I did actually study maths at college 😂🤦🏻‍♂️, but nah I was looking at all the potential transfers that could be happening as well, which is where the extra £100m came from, but if we chuck in all the transfers that look like they’re gonna be happening this week then it is something like £150m we’ve made so far

JWP off to West Ham on 12:41 - Aug 10 with 1658 viewsButty101

JWP off to West Ham on 12:08 - Aug 10 by SFC_Referee

Well Tbf I did actually study maths at college 😂🤦🏻‍♂️, but nah I was looking at all the potential transfers that could be happening as well, which is where the extra £100m came from, but if we chuck in all the transfers that look like they’re gonna be happening this week then it is something like £150m we’ve made so far

With clauses once jwp and Lavia go that’s about 125mill saints have raised. Half of a quarter of a billion.
After that there’s not many players left that demand fees in excess of 20mill

JWP off to West Ham on 14:38 - Aug 10 with 1556 viewsSouthSeaSaint

JWP still featuring on the Saints site.!!!!!!!!!
JWP off to West Ham on 14:48 - Aug 10 with 1547 viewsI_would

JWP off to West Ham on 09:20 - Aug 10 by Number_58

The only silver lining to this whole sorry affair would be if you fecked off to the West Ham forum to carry on slagging him off on there.

No need to if he's not jogging and pinging lightning back-passes here.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

JWP off to West Ham on 15:05 - Aug 10 with 1527 viewsLondonSaint76

JWP off to West Ham on 14:38 - Aug 10 by SouthSeaSaint

JWP still featuring on the Saints site.!!!!!!!!!

He’s just doing it to give I_would the middle digit…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024