Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lavia to The Bridge 08:44 - Aug 16 with 1444 viewswibbersda

Chelsea have AGREED a deal with Southampton for Romeo Lavia worth £58m after the midfielder snubbed… https://mol.im/a/12410597 via https://dailym.ai/android
Lavia to The Bridge on 09:37 - Aug 16 with 1380 viewsCity_boy

Without being too unkind, this is not really news ?

It has been dragging on all week.

When he has had a medical and signed, I'll believe it.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 9:41]
Lavia to The Bridge on 11:27 - Aug 16 with 1316 viewskingslandstand1

Lavia to The Bridge on 09:37 - Aug 16 by City_boy

Without being too unkind, this is not really news ?

It has been dragging on all week.

When he has had a medical and signed, I'll believe it.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 9:41]

Has it not yet been confirmed then?
Lavia to The Bridge on 10:07 - Aug 18 with 1076 views1885_SFC

Lavia to The Bridge on 11:27 - Aug 16 by kingslandstand1

Has it not yet been confirmed then?

Just...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12940365/romeo-lavia-chelsea-compl

Old School is Cool

Lavia to The Bridge on 10:10 - Aug 18 with 1067 viewsPatfromPoole

New poster alert.

Top 3 biscuits please, Mr. / Mrs. / Ms. / They / It Wibbersda

Thanking you.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Lavia to The Bridge on 10:22 - Aug 18 with 1044 viewsCity_boy

Another deal over 7 years, to help Chelsea get around FFP.

I am not sure you can amortise these over 7, I thought it was 5 ? Either way, it helps Chelsea.

They have a few players now on long contracts. What's the betting they will also extend these contracts 2 or 3 years in, to help spread costs even further.

The whole process of these sort of deals needs to be looked at.
Lavia to The Bridge on 10:34 - Aug 18 with 1035 viewsBLEEDRED

7 year contract just means that Saints get their money over the next 7 years so really doesn't help the club, just Chelsea taking the P out of the FFP rules
Lavia to The Bridge on 10:46 - Aug 18 with 1016 viewssaints__fan__73

Lavia to The Bridge on 10:34 - Aug 18 by BLEEDRED

7 year contract just means that Saints get their money over the next 7 years so really doesn't help the club, just Chelsea taking the P out of the FFP rules

Incorrect. Yes, they are spreading the FFP burden of his transfer fee over the next 7 years to help get around the regs but this has nothing to do with their payment terms to us.

This could be all in one lump sum or spread over 2 or 3 years. It will be whatever has been agreed between the two clubs but has no connection at all to the length of contract Chelsea have given Lavia.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 11:59]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Lavia to The Bridge on 10:53 - Aug 18 with 1010 viewsPatfromPoole

Meanwhile, Liverpool are linked with Lemina…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Lavia to The Bridge on 11:06 - Aug 18 with 979 viewsLondonSaint76

Lavia to The Bridge on 10:22 - Aug 18 by City_boy

Another deal over 7 years, to help Chelsea get around FFP.

I am not sure you can amortise these over 7, I thought it was 5 ? Either way, it helps Chelsea.

They have a few players now on long contracts. What's the betting they will also extend these contracts 2 or 3 years in, to help spread costs even further.

The whole process of these sort of deals needs to be looked at.

It was looked at (within the last 12 months) and the result was a change of FFP rules to take the maximum time period to amortise the transfer fee payment from the entire length of the very long term contracts down to five years. Not 100% sure if that became effective for new signings in this window or it starts further down the line - think it is this window. So, even if Lavia is on a 7 yr contract they will have to show 20% of the fee in this season’s accounts then the same for the next 4 years. Problem is with FFP is that it is a one size fits all rule so if they made it far more stringent it could adversely affect the non-elite, non-billionaire bankrolled clubs who probably need that flexibility. The only other way I can see of reigning in the likes of Chelsea is to set a cap on the maximum amount of the total remaining on all the fees being amortised at any one time to comply with FFP. For example, if they set it at let’s say £500m or even £750m then Chelsea would have already gone beyond the maximum in this window let alone what’s already on the books from previous windows.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 11:12]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Lavia to The Bridge on 11:43 - Aug 18 with 943 viewsCity_boy

Lavia to The Bridge on 10:53 - Aug 18 by PatfromPoole

Meanwhile, Liverpool are linked with Lemina…..

I saw this earlier and thought it must be a joke.
He is a good player on his day, but only turns up 1 in 4 games.

I would still like him to go, just to mess Liverpool around like he has done at every other club,

They really must be desperate if this story is true and not his agent talking him up again.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 11:43]
Lavia to The Bridge on 11:52 - Aug 18 with 917 viewsBLEEDRED

Lavia to The Bridge on 10:46 - Aug 18 by saints__fan__73

Incorrect. Yes, they are spreading the FFP burden of his transfer fee over the next 7 years to help get around the regs but this has nothing to do with their payment terms to us.

This could be all in one lump sum or spread over 2 or 3 years. It will be whatever has been agreed between the two clubs but has no connection at all to the length of contract Chelsea have given Lavia.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 11:59]

Thanks, I still don't fully understand The FFP rules!!! Seems you can still spend whatever you want!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024