Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gauge on Radio Bolton 18:30 - Aug 24 with 5644 viewsJames1980

Don't know if he has been on already but Simon Gauge is going to be on Radio Bolton this evening

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 18:45 - Aug 24 with 4848 views442Dale

File that under ā€œcommunication from the clubā€.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 18:50 - Aug 24 with 4842 viewsEllDale

If theyā€™re both in the studio together then perhaps Simon could pick up a cheque for the Humphrys add-on.
Gauge on Radio Bolton on 19:03 - Aug 24 with 4791 viewsTrev

What we saw at the FF was a very stressed man who felt under attack. He came across much better here.
Gauge on Radio Bolton on 19:35 - Aug 24 with 4697 viewsNorthernDale

What did he say?
Gauge on Radio Bolton on 19:56 - Aug 24 with 4633 viewsTVOS1907

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 19:35 - Aug 24 by NorthernDale

What did he say?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g4bc1j

45:50 in

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 23:49 - Aug 24 with 4212 views49thseason

I see he is still interested in fixing the kitchen so that they can run a take-away service... are there 400 people prepared to take 6 x Ā£20 worth of future take-away vouchers for a Ā£100 investment now?
Gauge on Radio Bolton on 06:51 - Aug 25 with 4062 viewsRodingdale

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 23:49 - Aug 24 by 49thseason

I see he is still interested in fixing the kitchen so that they can run a take-away service... are there 400 people prepared to take 6 x Ā£20 worth of future take-away vouchers for a Ā£100 investment now?

I thought that, an obvious initiative for the trust to take forward. A match funding initiative or similar could easily raise the cash.

Like putting solar panels on the roof, utilising some of the expertise we have posting on this board.

Like training our own stewards

Like opening the ticket office promptly on match days

I found the interview dismal, heā€™s hoping that performance on the pitch will mask the way the club isnā€™t being run. He actually said an investor could turn a profit, presumably by running the place properly.

If heā€™s going to continue doing media slots, he really should get himself some media training; his spikey response to how much the consultants cost, really grinds the gears, he almost said mind your own business. Such an easy question to smoothly negotiate and his response whilst factually correct - gave away that he really doesnā€™t want to be challenged.
Gauge on Radio Bolton on 07:17 - Aug 25 with 4044 viewsTalkingSutty

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 06:51 - Aug 25 by Rodingdale

I thought that, an obvious initiative for the trust to take forward. A match funding initiative or similar could easily raise the cash.

Like putting solar panels on the roof, utilising some of the expertise we have posting on this board.

I found the interview dismal, heā€™s hoping that performance on the pitch will mask the way the club isnā€™t being run. He actually said an investor could turn a profit, presumably by running the place properly.

If heā€™s going to continue doing media slots, he really should get himself some media training; his spikey response to how much the consultants cost, really grinds the gears, he almost said mind your own business. Such an easy question to smoothly negotiate and his response whilst factually correct - gave away that he really doesnā€™t want to be challenged.

He thinks it's his club.
Login to get fewer ads

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 10:51 - Aug 25 with 3735 viewsJames1980

Was talking to a friend who is a Crystal Palace supporter. Nine years ago he purchased a 25 year season ticket for Ā£10,000 can't recall the exact number but there was a restricted amount under 200. I wonder if the club could do something similar to fund the kitchen upgrade. Obviously adjusting price time, period and amount to suit.

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 11:11 - Aug 25 with 3676 viewsDaleiLama

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 10:51 - Aug 25 by James1980

Was talking to a friend who is a Crystal Palace supporter. Nine years ago he purchased a 25 year season ticket for Ā£10,000 can't recall the exact number but there was a restricted amount under 200. I wonder if the club could do something similar to fund the kitchen upgrade. Obviously adjusting price time, period and amount to suit.

In light of the precarious state of finances (and the fact that the main 2 current investors in the club used the ground as collateral against investing further considerations into RAFC) I don't see a big queue for this James. It's a great idea if we get back on our feet, become sustainable and need cash for special projects (especially revenue generating ones). It will, however, diminish future income streams in isolation, and as things are at present, any large sum paid by supporters might be a lot to watch only one season without a money back guarantee (like messrs Gauge and Knight justifiably took out)?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 11:24 - Aug 25 with 3615 viewsJames1980

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 11:11 - Aug 25 by DaleiLama

In light of the precarious state of finances (and the fact that the main 2 current investors in the club used the ground as collateral against investing further considerations into RAFC) I don't see a big queue for this James. It's a great idea if we get back on our feet, become sustainable and need cash for special projects (especially revenue generating ones). It will, however, diminish future income streams in isolation, and as things are at present, any large sum paid by supporters might be a lot to watch only one season without a money back guarantee (like messrs Gauge and Knight justifiably took out)?

Good points DL. I wonder if we could sell 80 3 year season tickets for Ā£500

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 12:41 - Aug 25 with 3431 viewsBainesy15

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 06:51 - Aug 25 by Rodingdale

Have to agree with the last point, I thought it came across as really arrogant and rude - "I'm not going to tell you that", as opposed to "haha that isn't something I can discuss I'm afraid!"
Gauge on Radio Bolton on 12:57 - Aug 25 with 3391 viewsbluevein64

I think this is a fantastic idea 49th , I'd be shocked....Well, no I wouldn't actually be shocked if the Club didn't run with this one or something similar however, the Club do seem keen on getting the Kitchen up to scratch and starting up a take - a - way service, maybe they are waiting for a investor to drop Ā£40K in their laps, they may not have the resources, will nor motivation to get your idea off the ground, maybe they are putting "400 - 6 x 20 vouchers =100" in place as I type, I don't know however, as it stands it's the best way to raise the required Ā£40K that I've heard, I don't want to jump the gun but the primary problem being as I see it is if there's a stampede to spend vouchers over the first couple of weeks then the outgoings will way exceed the incomings if there's no capital to cover that initial period then it's going to be difficult to get off the ground !
Gauge on Radio Bolton on 13:17 - Aug 25 with 3295 views442Dale

Have to say that level of questioning and informed opinion has gone up since the days of Wagg and co.

Some have an issue with that sort of approach. Weā€™ve seen it quite a lot.

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 14:10 - Aug 25 with 3165 views49thseason

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 12:57 - Aug 25 by bluevein64

I think this is a fantastic idea 49th , I'd be shocked....Well, no I wouldn't actually be shocked if the Club didn't run with this one or something similar however, the Club do seem keen on getting the Kitchen up to scratch and starting up a take - a - way service, maybe they are waiting for a investor to drop Ā£40K in their laps, they may not have the resources, will nor motivation to get your idea off the ground, maybe they are putting "400 - 6 x 20 vouchers =100" in place as I type, I don't know however, as it stands it's the best way to raise the required Ā£40K that I've heard, I don't want to jump the gun but the primary problem being as I see it is if there's a stampede to spend vouchers over the first couple of weeks then the outgoings will way exceed the incomings if there's no capital to cover that initial period then it's going to be difficult to get off the ground !

To be honest, I think,there would be a big initial rush to try what is on offer and the vouchers would soon disappear. Having mainly fans ordering for a few weeks would get the idea off the ground quickly and presuming the food was good would get them telling their friends and workmates about it. Another upside would be to put leaflets in the delivery bags / boxes and get information about tickets, room hire etc to a whole new audience. And dont forget, an average delivery order is, I would guess, more than Ā£20 so most people with a voucher would add more money to it.
This sort of initiative really supports the Dale brand and gets people involved who otherwise probably wouldn't.
Gauge on Radio Bolton on 14:16 - Aug 25 with 3147 views100notout

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 14:10 - Aug 25 by 49thseason

To be honest, I think,there would be a big initial rush to try what is on offer and the vouchers would soon disappear. Having mainly fans ordering for a few weeks would get the idea off the ground quickly and presuming the food was good would get them telling their friends and workmates about it. Another upside would be to put leaflets in the delivery bags / boxes and get information about tickets, room hire etc to a whole new audience. And dont forget, an average delivery order is, I would guess, more than Ā£20 so most people with a voucher would add more money to it.
This sort of initiative really supports the Dale brand and gets people involved who otherwise probably wouldn't.

People could buy them for xmas presents

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 14:42 - Aug 25 with 3067 viewsDaleiLama

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 12:57 - Aug 25 by bluevein64

You could get over that stampede by giving a voucher for a set time validity. Sainsburys used to bombard me with x% off in the following 4 weeks, with 4 vouchers, each valid for one of the next 4 weeks with date stamps on them.

I guess 1 month would be too short a span in case it went unused, but a 2 month validity (so 6 would set you up for the year) might work? Or if unused by the end of the month, it could be swapped for the following month?

My issue is it would be cold by the time Deliveroo got her unless those thermal boxes have ovens in them?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 14:47 - Aug 25 with 3016 viewsRodingdale

Thereā€™s a trust meeting later - why not raise this as a specific project the trust could take on to raise the cash required for this. A call for volunteers among trust membership could follow seeking input from those willing, able and with expertise in fundraising / marketing etc or those just plain enthusiastic enough to grapple with the task. Iā€™m sure there would be council funding for apprenticeships in said kitchen etc.
Gauge on Radio Bolton on 14:54 - Aug 25 with 2959 views442Dale

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 14:47 - Aug 25 by Rodingdale

Thereā€™s a trust meeting later - why not raise this as a specific project the trust could take on to raise the cash required for this. A call for volunteers among trust membership could follow seeking input from those willing, able and with expertise in fundraising / marketing etc or those just plain enthusiastic enough to grapple with the task. Iā€™m sure there would be council funding for apprenticeships in said kitchen etc.

Will raise it. Also will seek clarification whether the club has ever approached the Trust previously about this, especially as was noted, itā€™s a regularly used example of a project the club would like to be able to do if finances allowed.

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 15:57 - Aug 25 with 2821 viewsTrev

I've had a bit of involvement in these 'dark kitchen' concepts and I know FCUM were entertaining the idea. There's a large American burger chain that have been trying to relaunch over here using this model.

Ā£40k doesn't seem an insurmountable amount of money to pull together, though I would question if that would be enough.
Gauge on Radio Bolton on 15:59 - Aug 25 with 2801 viewsjudd

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 14:54 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

Will raise it. Also will seek clarification whether the club has ever approached the Trust previously about this, especially as was noted, itā€™s a regularly used example of a project the club would like to be able to do if finances allowed.

In no way do I wish to detract at all from great thinking re the kitchen, but I think should bear in mind that if the Trust application to buy the pitch progresses, there will be a need to raise Ā£200k independently in order to unlock the Ā£1m to go to the club as the pitch purchase price.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 16:11 - Aug 25 with 2727 viewsD_Alien

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 15:59 - Aug 25 by judd

In no way do I wish to detract at all from great thinking re the kitchen, but I think should bear in mind that if the Trust application to buy the pitch progresses, there will be a need to raise Ā£200k independently in order to unlock the Ā£1m to go to the club as the pitch purchase price.

What's the timeline for this? May have missed it, but first i've heard of this funding requirement to unlock the further incoming funds

Is there a provisional plan to raise this amount, and would the club be contributing?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 16:14 - Aug 25 with 2705 views442Dale

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 15:59 - Aug 25 by judd

Thatā€™s certainly something that has to take priority and clarification of what can be achieved in various scenarios is how tonight and the next few weeks will hopefully allow fans to see where and how they/the Trust can play their part.

The offer was there to raise the idea about the kitchen as part of achieving that awareness about whether or not itā€™s something that isnā€™t achievable as we stand, and why it would need to be put on the back burner for now.

Another example would be any current fund raising to buy shares; does this need to be put on hold to ringfence any money to put towards the 200k if the below is still in place (not sure if it is, but again this can be clarified at the meeting)?

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/08/trust-launches-monthly-share-scheme/

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 16:16 - Aug 25 with 2699 viewsjudd

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 16:11 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

What's the timeline for this? May have missed it, but first i've heard of this funding requirement to unlock the further incoming funds

Is there a provisional plan to raise this amount, and would the club be contributing?

It was definitely linked on here. Quite a long read.

I'm sure there will be an update on timescales etc tonight.

From last Trust newsletter:

The application submitted is for the purchase of the playing surface by the Supporters Trust from the Club for Ā£1m. Ā£800k of that would form the contribution by the government, with the condition that we are able to provide match-funding of Ā£200k
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 16:25]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Gauge on Radio Bolton on 16:24 - Aug 25 with 2669 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/07/community-ownership-fund-application/

There is further info in the August Trust newsletter too.

Unfortunately, despite a previous commitment to do this each month, this has not yet appeared on the Trust site which would have given all supporters a better understanding of the bid and other work the Trust do.

Edit: see Juddā€™s post above.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 16:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024