Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
spanish player kiss 14:28 - Aug 25 with 6487 viewssledger

dont understand the fuss,wonder if there would have been anything said had it been two women,somehow i think not.
spanish player kiss on 19:04 - Aug 30 with 857 viewsSouthamptonfan

spanish player kiss on 18:39 - Aug 30 by UTS1885

The video of her smiling, showing the kiss on her phone, sums it all up.

What video is that?

Oh this you mean, where she is happily joking about it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12461601
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 19:09]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

spanish player kiss on 19:16 - Aug 30 with 836 viewssaintsfanbrock

spanish player kiss on 20:28 - Aug 29 by SaintNick

The fact was this wasn't a pass at a person, trying to engage them in any kind of sexual behaviour, he wasn't trying to assault her it was just the emotion of the occasions, it was a brief kiss, if it had been my wife or daughter in this situation it would not have bothered me, I would have laughed.

It was perhaps inappropriate, but there is a big difference between being inappropriate and sexually assaulting someone.

Asking for a friend, will your wife and/or daughter be there at the last game of the season if we get promoted?

Of course the really embarrassing part about what you have said below is that you would laugh if it was your daughter or wife. No hesitation to see how it has impacted on them, to check whether your laughter will make a horrific incident worse. You simply answer the question from your perspective.
spanish player kiss on 19:21 - Aug 30 with 809 viewsSFC_Referee

spanish player kiss on 19:16 - Aug 30 by saintsfanbrock

Asking for a friend, will your wife and/or daughter be there at the last game of the season if we get promoted?

Of course the really embarrassing part about what you have said below is that you would laugh if it was your daughter or wife. No hesitation to see how it has impacted on them, to check whether your laughter will make a horrific incident worse. You simply answer the question from your perspective.

Don’t disagree entirely with what your saying there, but that video that’s come out today with her laughing at the kiss just shows that she clearly wasn’t that bothered about it at all, otherwise she certainly wouldn’t be laughing when looking at all of it on her phone.
As I don’t think any of those would’ve hit anywhere near the levels of publicity it’s hit of the media hadn’t of “inflated” this story, as I’m quite doubtful she’d of caused a fuss herself if the media hadn’t of been straight anti it as soon as it happened

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

spanish player kiss on 19:23 - Aug 30 with 815 viewsSouthamptonfan

spanish player kiss on 19:16 - Aug 30 by saintsfanbrock

She's laughing and joking in a video with her team mates after the game, recorded on a phone? But you say she was deeply affected by it? It certainly won't help her cause, I wouldn't have thought.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 19:26]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

spanish player kiss on 19:30 - Aug 30 with 802 viewssaintsfanbrock

spanish player kiss on 19:23 - Aug 30 by Southamptonfan

She's laughing and joking in a video with her team mates after the game, recorded on a phone? But you say she was deeply affected by it? It certainly won't help her cause, I wouldn't have thought.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 19:26]

I am not saying she was deeply affected, in all honesty this is now bigger than one person and one incident. It doesn’t really make a crime lesser or greater based on the victims reaction. She reacted well allegedly, others wouldn’t. The perpetrator doesn’t really get the discretion of how the victim reacts.

Frankly delayed reaction is a thing, sadly before my wife and met she was raped, she didn’t appreciate that at the time and it didn’t hurt her as much as it probably should have. Almost 18 months later through talking it through with other people she realised what she had been through and how it was truly impacting her, years later she still sees a therapist and experiences panic attacks, I’m not saying that this is the case here but the benefit of the doubt has to go to the victim because it’s the perpetrators actions and they don’t get to decide the reaction.
spanish player kiss on 11:26 - Aug 31 with 716 viewsBridders2

spanish player kiss on 19:30 - Aug 30 by saintsfanbrock

I am not saying she was deeply affected, in all honesty this is now bigger than one person and one incident. It doesn’t really make a crime lesser or greater based on the victims reaction. She reacted well allegedly, others wouldn’t. The perpetrator doesn’t really get the discretion of how the victim reacts.

Frankly delayed reaction is a thing, sadly before my wife and met she was raped, she didn’t appreciate that at the time and it didn’t hurt her as much as it probably should have. Almost 18 months later through talking it through with other people she realised what she had been through and how it was truly impacting her, years later she still sees a therapist and experiences panic attacks, I’m not saying that this is the case here but the benefit of the doubt has to go to the victim because it’s the perpetrators actions and they don’t get to decide the reaction.

Sorry for your wife's experience, but this is not rape, it's a closed lips kiss at the heat of the moment on someone who was smiling happily after the kiss, and laughing about it later.
spanish player kiss on 11:58 - Aug 31 with 708 viewssaintsfanbrock

spanish player kiss on 11:26 - Aug 31 by Bridders2

Sorry for your wife's experience, but this is not rape, it's a closed lips kiss at the heat of the moment on someone who was smiling happily after the kiss, and laughing about it later.

As I have said above, this issue is not about a single event. Sexual assault remains prevalent throughout western society, go into any nightclub and you will see people sexually assault other people on a nightly basis. The difference here is that it has been captured in front of a global audience.

But if you want to turn to this single event. People on this forum and in wider society seem to be drawing two imaginary legislative lines that don’t exist:
A) a kiss (apparently now qualified by yourself as a closed lips kiss) is not sexual assault; and
B) laughing about it afterwards or not reacting instantly prevents it from being sexual assault.

If we look at the U.K. legislation (I know not relevant in this circumstance but I don’t practice in Australia) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/3 then none of the above is at all relevant. He did intentionally touch another person, the touch was sexual in nature (check the case law if you want but kissing is deemed sexual), she did not expressly consent and there was no reasonable action that showed she had consented.

The fact of the matter is that her actions after aren’t relevant, may this be a lesson to all, it doesn’t matter if you think it will be ok (e.g. walking up to someone and kissing them) without their consent that is a crime, you have committed sexual assault. Get bloody consent
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 12:10]
spanish player kiss on 18:31 - Aug 31 with 625 viewsCity_boy

In the meantime Rubiales' mum has left hospital after her 3 day hunger strike !

This sounds more like one of my diets rather than a hunger strike.

That could been pretty serious if it had gone to a 4th day, surviving only on glucose drinks.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 18:32]
Login to get fewer ads

spanish player kiss on 15:24 - Sep 5 with 536 viewsSFC_Referee

Well that Spanish managers just been sacked by the sounds of things

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

spanish player kiss on 20:12 - Sep 5 with 484 viewskernow

Still plenty of growing up to be done in your fifties.
If your life is ruined because you lost your job you need to stop and take a look at your macho self.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024