Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
spanish player kiss 14:28 - Aug 25 with 6489 viewssledger

dont understand the fuss,wonder if there would have been anything said had it been two women,somehow i think not.
spanish player kiss on 16:45 - Aug 26 with 1309 viewsmushinexile

I very much doubt that he will die in a ditch and in penury, even if he does get sacked. (I thought FIFA was corrupt enough to have lined his pockets very well.)
spanish player kiss on 22:01 - Aug 28 with 1169 viewsSouthamptonfan

Now they begin a long investigation. What is there to investigate? And also a campaign movement by the looks of it. Plans are being drawn up to make sure that men keep metres apart from any women in football and other sports.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66615837.amp
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 22:08]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

spanish player kiss on 22:21 - Aug 28 with 1138 viewsHeisenberg

spanish player kiss on 22:01 - Aug 28 by Southamptonfan

Now they begin a long investigation. What is there to investigate? And also a campaign movement by the looks of it. Plans are being drawn up to make sure that men keep metres apart from any women in football and other sports.

The article says nothing about keeping metres apart.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

spanish player kiss on 22:23 - Aug 28 with 1139 viewsericofarabia

spanish player kiss on 22:01 - Aug 28 by Southamptonfan

His mother has gone on a hunger strike in protest at the uproar in the national press 😜
I thought it was standard practice for continentals to kiss cheeks of everybody they meet ..... mwah mwah .... a smacker on the lips of a complete stranger is a big no no.
spanish player kiss on 08:54 - Aug 29 with 1073 viewssaint901

The kisser is an idiot who could have apologised and claimed it was a product of excitement and exuberance and the incident would be over.

Instead, he's come to be seen as an example of a wider and deeper issue in Spanish football which is its "macho" attitude which in turn is embedded in Spanish life generally and which will take generations to unravel (if ever).

The kissed has perhaps been manipulated by forces beyond her intention and is being used to make a point that unwanted physical contact is unacceptable and when it happens in front of millions of people, needs to be called out and the consequences faced.

All parties have now created a situation in which Spain and Spanish football will be remembered for all the wrong reasons and not for winning a World Cup.

Nobody is emerging from this with any credit.
spanish player kiss on 11:16 - Aug 29 with 1032 viewsSaintNick

spanish player kiss on 08:54 - Aug 29 by saint901

The kisser is an idiot who could have apologised and claimed it was a product of excitement and exuberance and the incident would be over.

Instead, he's come to be seen as an example of a wider and deeper issue in Spanish football which is its "macho" attitude which in turn is embedded in Spanish life generally and which will take generations to unravel (if ever).

The kissed has perhaps been manipulated by forces beyond her intention and is being used to make a point that unwanted physical contact is unacceptable and when it happens in front of millions of people, needs to be called out and the consequences faced.

All parties have now created a situation in which Spain and Spanish football will be remembered for all the wrong reasons and not for winning a World Cup.

Nobody is emerging from this with any credit.

A very sensible diagnosis of the situation, common sense has gone out the window on this one, whilst people are dying and having their lives destroyed in Ukraine due to the actions of a dictator, the main headlines are about a man kissing a woman on the lips briefly in front of tv cameras

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

spanish player kiss on 11:44 - Aug 29 with 1016 viewsSouthamptonfan

spanish player kiss on 11:16 - Aug 29 by SaintNick

A very sensible diagnosis of the situation, common sense has gone out the window on this one, whilst people are dying and having their lives destroyed in Ukraine due to the actions of a dictator, the main headlines are about a man kissing a woman on the lips briefly in front of tv cameras

And likewise, whilst the Taliban destroy women's lives, abuse them, kill them and their population starve to death, (Spain and the West do nothing) Spain are putting resources into investigating a "man kissing a woman on the lips briefly in front of tv cameras." You're right common sense really has gone out of the window.

spanish player kiss on 13:09 - Aug 29 with 1003 viewsfranniesTache

spanish player kiss on 11:44 - Aug 29 by Southamptonfan

And likewise, whilst the Taliban destroy women's lives, abuse them, kill them and their population starve to death, (Spain and the West do nothing) Spain are putting resources into investigating a "man kissing a woman on the lips briefly in front of tv cameras." You're right common sense really has gone out of the window.

Not sure the "resources" of the Spanish police force would be put towards fighting the Taliban to be fair mush
Login to get fewer ads

spanish player kiss on 13:17 - Aug 29 with 994 viewssaint901

The point remains however that these incidents are a huge deflection of the attention of the Western world away from injustice and genocide elsewhere.

To the Taliban and their activity, we could add Saudi bombing Yemen with weapons made in the UK. We could add China continuing to "re-educate" millions because of their religious beliefs. We could add Russia and Ukraine; many African dictators supported by western powers; abuses of Christian minorities in Egypt, Pakistan, etc. Demonisation of Muslim populations in the USA and South America.

The kiss itself is not the issue. It's the fact that the kisser thought that is was acceptable and what that says about male attitudes to women in Spain and elsewhere. And yes, there is a well organised and vocal group of activists making sure it stays in the headlines but that does not make the problem easier to solve.
spanish player kiss on 13:58 - Aug 29 with 982 viewsCity_boy

spanish player kiss on 11:16 - Aug 29 by SaintNick

How did we get to comparing this to Ukraine or the Taliban etc ?

Just because there are greater atrocities going on in the world, there is no justification for what he did and the arrogance he showed after the event.

It was wrong and he hasn't helped his cause trying to justify his actions.
spanish player kiss on 14:05 - Aug 29 with 979 viewsSouthamptonfan

spanish player kiss on 13:58 - Aug 29 by City_boy

Just because there are greater atrocities going on in the world, there is no justification for what he did and the arrogance he showed after the event.

Yep, but this is one incident and one individual. This man does not represent all men, just like one Muslim's action does not represent all Muslims. Noone is saying he wasn't wrong. Just sack the guy, and say what an idiot
he is, and leave it at that. There doesn't need to be a campaign to say that all men disrespect women does there. The point is, there is no campaigns against the Taliban or far worse things going on , so why the need to investigate, campaigns blah blah blah. There are already suggestions that there is wider problem of all men disrespecting women.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 14:13]

spanish player kiss on 14:15 - Aug 29 with 972 viewsfranniesTache

spanish player kiss on 14:05 - Aug 29 by Southamptonfan

Yep, but this is one incident and one individual. This man does not represent all men, just like one Muslim's action does not represent all Muslims. Noone is saying he wasn't wrong. Just sack the guy, and say what an idiot
he is, and leave it at that. There doesn't need to be a campaign to say that all men disrespect women does there. The point is, there is no campaigns against the Taliban or far worse things going on , so why the need to investigate, campaigns blah blah blah. There are already suggestions that there is wider problem of all men disrespecting women.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 14:13]

There are loads of campaigns against what the taliban are doing, bringing them into the conversation is pure straw man and completely irrelevant here.

What the spanish mush did is - rightly - deemed to be sexual assault in most workplaces (and most countries) so of course the police are going to get involved, and the fact it was done on TV at a major event means it'll be an international news story.
spanish player kiss on 15:18 - Aug 29 with 934 viewsSaintNick

spanish player kiss on 13:58 - Aug 29 by City_boy

You are right there is no comparison with children being slaughtered in the Ukraine or Afghanistan and a man kissing a woman on the lips.

There may be no justification for what he did, but on the scale of things it wasn't very high either, when a man shows unwanted attention like this usually a woman will just recoil and storm off, perhaps even throw a drink over him or slap him around the face.

No one is saying it is right, but I know what i worry about in today's world and a woman getting kissed once on the lips is way under 99% of them.

Jurgen Klopp hugged his women physio at the end of the game against Newcastle, in football emotions run high

spanish player kiss on 15:43 - Aug 29 with 923 viewsSouthamptonfan

spanish player kiss on 15:18 - Aug 29 by SaintNick

You are right there is no comparison with children being slaughtered in the Ukraine or Afghanistan and a man kissing a woman on the lips.

There may be no justification for what he did, but on the scale of things it wasn't very high either, when a man shows unwanted attention like this usually a woman will just recoil and storm off, perhaps even throw a drink over him or slap him around the face.

No one is saying it is right, but I know what i worry about in today's world and a woman getting kissed once on the lips is way under 99% of them.

Jurgen Klopp hugged his women physio at the end of the game against Newcastle, in football emotions run high

You're right to make these comparisons Nick. Klopp hugged his female member of staff. Karen Brady kissed a member of the West Ham team when they won the cup. As Nick says, emotions run high. I'm sure we have all gone too far on occasions at football games.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 16:01]

spanish player kiss on 16:05 - Aug 29 with 903 viewsBazza

spanish player kiss on 15:43 - Aug 29 by Southamptonfan

You're right to make these comparisons Nick. Klopp hugged his female member of staff. Karen Brady kissed a member of the West Ham team when they won the cup. As Nick says, emotions run high. I'm sure we have all gone too far on occasions at football games.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 16:01]

Think you're being disingenuous. you're looking at the offender, try looking at the victim.
Hugging is of course commonplace in today's society but imagine your young daughter/wife being kissed on the lips by her firm's Managing Director in front of the whole company - would that be ok with you? Or more importantly would that be ok for the young woman?
OK not a hanging offence but definitely awful behaviour and now made worse by the denial and the media circus
spanish player kiss on 16:29 - Aug 29 with 880 viewsSouthamptonfan

spanish player kiss on 16:05 - Aug 29 by Bazza

Think you're being disingenuous. you're looking at the offender, try looking at the victim.
Hugging is of course commonplace in today's society but imagine your young daughter/wife being kissed on the lips by her firm's Managing Director in front of the whole company - would that be ok with you? Or more importantly would that be ok for the young woman?
OK not a hanging offence but definitely awful behaviour and now made worse by the denial and the media circus

I understand but it wasn't random though in the middle of street or in offices working. It was a moment of celebration with high emotion. Many times at Saints games, people have hugged me, grabbed me etc when we have scored important goals and personally I don't mind, but they don't know that or ask me, perhaps many would mind I understand that. But it's a moment of high emotion, people arn't robots and make mistakes. I don't think his intention was to purposely harm the lady. He just got carried away.

He overdid it, it was wrong but rightly or wrongly I think if I was kissed, hugged in a massive moment of celebration, on New Year's Eve, or whenever, it wouldn't bother me but there we are, that's just me. I would just think they're excited, happy, emotional rather than they are trying to harm me. Having been in the forces I have in the past been shot at, attacked, injured and much worse so would I make a fuss if I got a one off kiss from an overexcited, but harmless idiot no I wouldn't, I might have a word, tell them to F off but that would be the end of it, but as I say that's just me.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 17:23]

spanish player kiss on 16:50 - Aug 29 with 867 viewsarfurdent

spanish player kiss on 16:29 - Aug 29 by Southamptonfan

I understand but it wasn't random though in the middle of street or in offices working. It was a moment of celebration with high emotion. Many times at Saints games, people have hugged me, grabbed me etc when we have scored important goals and personally I don't mind, but they don't know that or ask me, perhaps many would mind I understand that. But it's a moment of high emotion, people arn't robots and make mistakes. I don't think his intention was to purposely harm the lady. He just got carried away.

He overdid it, it was wrong but rightly or wrongly I think if I was kissed, hugged in a massive moment of celebration, on New Year's Eve, or whenever, it wouldn't bother me but there we are, that's just me. I would just think they're excited, happy, emotional rather than they are trying to harm me. Having been in the forces I have in the past been shot at, attacked, injured and much worse so would I make a fuss if I got a one off kiss from an overexcited, but harmless idiot no I wouldn't, I might have a word, tell them to F off but that would be the end of it, but as I say that's just me.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 17:23]

it was wrong and should be treated as a sexual assault

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

spanish player kiss on 20:16 - Aug 29 with 799 viewsJellybaby

The bigger question is why is this non-story still a story, why are the media so keen to keep it alive, is it to reinforce the view of masculine toxicity or to distract the people from things that actually affect them, my guess is both.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

spanish player kiss on 20:28 - Aug 29 with 794 viewsSaintNick

spanish player kiss on 16:05 - Aug 29 by Bazza

The fact was this wasn't a pass at a person, trying to engage them in any kind of sexual behaviour, he wasn't trying to assault her it was just the emotion of the occasions, it was a brief kiss, if it had been my wife or daughter in this situation it would not have bothered me, I would have laughed.

It was perhaps inappropriate, but there is a big difference between being inappropriate and sexually assaulting someone.

spanish player kiss on 20:38 - Aug 29 with 790 viewsNewdawn2014

the guy has form and she has the support of most right thinking people , its 2023 and lots of things have changed that were exceptable , would you accept that being done to any women in your circle if they didnt o .k it ?
spanish player kiss on 07:44 - Aug 30 with 733 viewsCity_boy

spanish player kiss on 20:28 - Aug 29 by SaintNick

The fact was this wasn't a pass at a person, trying to engage them in any kind of sexual behaviour, he wasn't trying to assault her it was just the emotion of the occasions, it was a brief kiss, if it had been my wife or daughter in this situation it would not have bothered me, I would have laughed.

It was perhaps inappropriate, but there is a big difference between being inappropriate and sexually assaulting someone.

Nick,

The suggestion is was 'perhaps' inappropriate is out of touch in this day and age. It was 'inappropriate', there is no perhaps about it.

It wasn't brief, he held her head and then he and his supporters lied to suggest it was consensual and she picked him up, which alternative video has proved otherwise.

There is such thing as an "extension of the work place". For example, if this happened at an event arranged by an employer, there would probably be consequences.

I would not want some old bloke doing this to my daughter.

The reason why this is still a story is mainly his own doing by the lies, pressuring her to say it was consensual, his mum going on hunger strike and that bizarre press briefing. Had he apologised publicly and in person, rather than trying to justify his actions, this may have gone away.
spanish player kiss on 10:04 - Aug 30 with 704 viewsdarthvader

spanish player kiss on 18:12 - Aug 25 by Heisenberg

The question is would he have kissed Xavi on the lips when the mens team won the World Cup.

Probably.hes a slimey c.unt

keep the faith coyr

spanish player kiss on 10:30 - Aug 30 with 684 viewsarfurdent

spanish player kiss on 10:04 - Aug 30 by darthvader

Probably.hes a slimey c.unt

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

spanish player kiss on 13:28 - Aug 30 with 642 viewsfranniesTache

spanish player kiss on 20:16 - Aug 29 by Jellybaby

The bigger question is why is this non-story still a story, why are the media so keen to keep it alive, is it to reinforce the view of masculine toxicity or to distract the people from things that actually affect them, my guess is both.

It's not a non story, in a world where everyone from the royal family to the MET police have been forced to get their house in order because of sexual assault football needs to do the same.

Irregardless of what some people think there is no place for non consensual actions like this.

By the letter of the law it's sexual assault in almost every modern country, and no "emotion of sport" corrects that.

The only part of this making this story carry on is a single person's refusal to accept their own actions have consequences.
spanish player kiss on 18:39 - Aug 30 with 584 viewsUTS1885

The video of her smiling, showing the kiss on her phone, sums it all up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024