Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Southampton (A) 20:13 - Aug 25 with 44730 viewsaston_hoop

I don't usually start these so hopefully I'll bring the luck. I just saw this and will leave it here just in case you fancy it....

2-2 for me. High scoring game

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:00 - Aug 26 with 3026 viewsnumptydumpty

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 16:54 - Aug 26 by CamberleyR

That's seven for him now in four games. Worth keeping an eye on. The sort of player we need to be scouting.

All the 50 / 50 decisions gone against QPR at an alarming percentage with this referee.

Name and shame the ref.

But we do need more strength in depth.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:00 - Aug 26 with 3028 viewsMick_S

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 16:59 - Aug 26 by VancouverHoop

That was THE chance for Kolli

Yep

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:01 - Aug 26 with 2915 viewsMatch82

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 16:53 - Aug 26 by SherryHoop

Would he of pulled that back if they scored?

He blew his whistle. I certainly hope so but based on some his other decisions who knows
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:01 - Aug 26 with 2869 viewsCamberleyR

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 16:55 - Aug 26 by qprd

Field needlessly picking up yellows

He's heading for the quickest suspension in a season at this rate.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:02 - Aug 26 with 2782 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I know it's loss but I'm optimistic for the season.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:02 - Aug 26 with 2763 viewsMatch82

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 16:57 - Aug 26 by VancouverHoop

Yeah. Mostly for stupid shirt pulling. I'm wondering if it's because he's hiding an injury.

That's the thing stopping him playing up a level, he just doesn't have that extra half years of pace to get right side once he's beaten
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:03 - Aug 26 with 2705 viewsFDC

I don't know, I thought that at first, but on rewatching the ball came at an awkward height, keeper right on top of him, having had to take the extra touch, trying to play it back across the goal was the right decision. Would have been so good if he'd have been able to take the shot and score tho...
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:03 - Aug 26 with 2638 viewsQPRSteve

Very, very unlucky not to get something from that. Sinclair would be justified IMHO in putting one on that ref. Never let him play his game.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:03 - Aug 26 with 2629 viewsMatch82

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:02 - Aug 26 by Metallica_Hoop

I know it's loss but I'm optimistic for the season.

Agree much better. But we are going need to start picking up actual points at some stage. Fitness levels looked a LOT better today though, that was encouraging.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:05 - Aug 26 with 2505 viewsqprd

Shocking ref

Well played boys but need to get points. Feeling good that they will eventually come

In key moments the inexperience of the likes of sinclair kolli sdm showed. However they will learn

Need a bit of luck
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:06 - Aug 26 with 2435 viewsGloucs_R

We should have had three or four goals in that second half. Have to take your chances against these teams otherwise you end up with nothing, like today

Poll: Are we staying up?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:06 - Aug 26 with 2426 viewsSherryHoop

Bollucks.

Onwards and upwards.

Small margins in this game.

Must learn to take our chances when on top. Have to stick with them for a few months. They are really trying hard.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:07 - Aug 26 with 2373 viewsJimmyR

Decent performance - deserved something, they were there for the taking. Would of hoped for better from Begovic for both goals. Need more QPR tickets in the refs tombola! Just seen he's actually called James Bell(end), explains a lot tbf
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 17:07]
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:07 - Aug 26 with 2368 viewsMedwayR

Appalling ref but we can take pride in that performance, shame we couldn't sneak a point.

Poll: Who’s better?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:07 - Aug 26 with 2334 viewsBoston

One of those...good game for the neutrals. I continue to be upbeat about the season in general.

Oh yeah, disappointed to hear the celebratory music after they scored and at the final whistle. Don't know what the tunes called but it's the Boston Bruins jingle for as long as I've watched hockey.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:08 - Aug 26 with 2290 viewsessextaxiboy

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:03 - Aug 26 by FDC

I don't know, I thought that at first, but on rewatching the ball came at an awkward height, keeper right on top of him, having had to take the extra touch, trying to play it back across the goal was the right decision. Would have been so good if he'd have been able to take the shot and score tho...

I think with a bit more experience at this level he adjusts his body and gets a shot away first time .
I like his ballsy spirit , hopefully he continues to get a go in the team
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:09 - Aug 26 with 2243 viewsDamo1962

The Communist Broadcasting Corporation reporter, managed to get his full time report in, without mentioning either our goal or performance. Defund them.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:11 - Aug 26 with 2163 viewsdistortR

Lack of strength in depth did for us (Apart from missing chances, of course).
If Willock and a motivated Richards were on the bench...Unc's has gone and I've never seen anything in SDM bar great attitude.
Begovic is a worry.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:12 - Aug 26 with 2097 viewsqprd

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:08 - Aug 26 by essextaxiboy

I think with a bit more experience at this level he adjusts his body and gets a shot away first time .
I like his ballsy spirit , hopefully he continues to get a go in the team

A bit harsh

Bouncing ball, he’s running full speed, someone gets a touch so ball diverts

Even if he hit it first time he had no angle and the keeper was abt max 2 yards away from him with another defender on him too

Obviously he botched the square pass but nonetheless don’t think he could’ve done much better
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:15 - Aug 26 with 2014 viewsdmm

Another fairly good performance without anything from the game, but we can't keep doing this. We need points. Next week v Boro it is then.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:16 - Aug 26 with 1987 viewsdenhamhoop2

Probably had the better chances but didn't force the keeper to make any decent saves just need to be more clinical. The difference between the quality of Saints subs and ours was very noticeable thought the Ref was absolutely shocking Armstrong reminded me of Furlong so much today getting fouled all game long when he uses his strength to win the ball a free kick is given. Didn't run out of legs as much today as previous games which is another positive
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:19 - Aug 26 with 1926 viewskernowhoop

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:03 - Aug 26 by QPRSteve

Very, very unlucky not to get something from that. Sinclair would be justified IMHO in putting one on that ref. Never let him play his game.

If he had put one on the ref, do you think that might have had a happy outcome?
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:20 - Aug 26 with 1906 viewsderbyhoop

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 16:57 - Aug 26 by Gloucs_R

Go to be one of the worst refereeing performances of seeing in a long time

I wouldn't argue with the yellow cards, but he let their CBs get away with robbery on Sinclair. And then towards the end the officials couldn't identify which player kicked the ball out of play, nor what constitutes a foul and what is a fair challenge.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:23 - Aug 26 with 1840 viewsdezzar

At least we’re giving it a go ,have some fight . Loved Nick Londons Malcolm McLaren moment 😂
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:26 - Aug 26 with 1764 viewsBushRanger82

We’re racking up the number of defeats again. And at least we only conceded two, but scored one.

We really do need to get all three points against Middlesbrough next week, though.
Depleted and beleaguered, confidence at an all time low, they are there for the taking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024