Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new team required if we get promoted.. 13:18 - Aug 31 with 1220 viewsstmichael

When we last got promoted we built a team for the premier league starting in league one.
By the time we got back Fonte Lallana Lambert Shaw Puncheon Schneiderlin et al were premier League ready..
We seem to be building a team to get us back which I get is the first priority but like Forest we may need an entirely NEW team if we are successful..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

new team required if we get promoted.. on 13:28 - Aug 31 with 1168 viewsSFC_Referee

You say that, but let’s just say that only the likes of Sulemena and ABK leave by tomorrow night and we get in those players that we look set to be getting. So for our main starting 11 for this season, presuming that we do go back up, yeah their may be some holes to fill, but at the same time I do think we’ll still have a fair few players to pick from. As many players will use this season as one to help them develop and get their momentum back, as well as understanding RM tactics better to get the team chemistry a bit better.
But until this seasons ended and we’ve seen who’s played well and who’s not, then no one knows how anyone’s gonna do, so until we’ve ended this season then it’s hard to talk about how the team might faire seeing how we’ve not even finished this one yet. But even then, by the looks of things we’ll still have kept hold of a fair few players that have shown they’re prem quality like Alcaraz, Stu, KWP, and even the likes of Fraser and Stephens for how they were for Bournemouth, as well as many new young signings we’ve made that look very promising.

So I do very much think we should end this one, or at least get through the majority of it, before we start worrying about how we might do next season if we do go back up

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

new team required if we get promoted.. on 13:29 - Aug 31 with 1168 viewsPatfromPoole

One step at a time….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

new team required if we get promoted.. on 14:59 - Aug 31 with 1025 viewsNYC_Saint

new team required if we get promoted.. on 13:29 - Aug 31 by PatfromPoole

One step at a time….

+1,000,000

As the manager has said a couple of times our results have, so far, flattered our performances. Let's hope the performances pick up and the results remain constant. If that happens then by Christmas time we can start to believe in more than just Santa.
new team required if we get promoted.. on 16:04 - Aug 31 with 948 viewsHeisenberg

I’m enjoying the Championship. No VAR. Proper football. None of this media love in with Klopp Pep Poch and co. Premier League is shite.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

new team required if we get promoted.. on 16:25 - Aug 31 with 921 views1885_SFC

new team required if we get promoted.. on 16:04 - Aug 31 by Heisenberg

I’m enjoying the Championship. No VAR. Proper football. None of this media love in with Klopp Pep Poch and co. Premier League is shite.

Agreed.

The Premier League really isn't the be all & end all.

Old School is Cool

new team required if we get promoted.. on 16:45 - Aug 31 with 903 viewsblambo

No, the EPL is UTTER SHITE.
Hooray for proper football.
new team required if we get promoted.. on 17:09 - Aug 31 with 885 viewsA1079

new team required if we get promoted.. on 16:04 - Aug 31 by Heisenberg

Me too Heisenberg.

I am not saying we have been brilliant and we have a number of flaws still but I am enjoying the football as a whole, the opposition are more interesting, you can cheer a goal not waiting for some excuse to rule it out 3 or 5 minutes later, decisions are made on the spot whether they are right or wrong, fewer - if any - tourist fans who just turn up because it is PL, no media love in with certain teams or players/managers.

At the moment, I would happily win the championship and elect to stay in it! I know that does not sound ambitious but at least there is a more even playing field for competing at this level. I suppose if we did a Brighton (which we sort of did briefly under Koeman) then I might find the PL a tad more palatable. All that said (and I am great at being a hypocrite when it comes to football) I suppose if we were losing or not making it progress at this level then I would soon start complaining again!
new team required if we get promoted.. on 20:54 - Aug 31 with 782 viewsSaintNick

Although those 6 players and indeed Jack Cork were ready for the Premier League, the rest were not.

Kelvin Davis, Danny Butterfield, Danny Fox, Dean Hammond, Billy Sharp, Dan Harding, Richard Chaplow, Steve De Ridder, Guly, David Connolly, Jos Hooiveld, Frazer Richardson, all played 20 plus games (Sharp less but only played second half of the season)

We had to completely rebuild in 2012/13, people forget we conceded 14 goals in our first 4 league games, losy 8 of the first 11 and had only 5 points after that number of games.

So when we were promoted we were far from having a team that was Premier league ready .

Indeed we made 9 signings in the summer of 2012, Rodriguez, Steve Davis, Nathaniel Clyne, Gazzinaga, Mayuka, Yoshida, Ramirez, Boruc & Foren all came in with varying degrees of success.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024