Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Good Night's Sleep - tips 03:01 - Sep 27 with 6953 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It's very rare that I manage to sleep right through until morning. I don't wake at any particular time, and it's not the case that noise is the cause as opposed to simply just waking up.

Been like this for decades, but seems more pronounced with age. I try all sorts of tricks: pre-bed soak, chill the room, no TV/phones for an hour, going to bed early/late, nothing seems to work. When I do wake I've tried not to pick up the phone to picking up the phone (as now), reading, to getting up before returning or, staying put. Sleeping apps, meditation, exercise before bed, cocoa, a wee dram the lot.

Last year or so, I've taken to having a little 20-30 minute power nap in the afternoon, which gets me over the tiredness hump, but not ideal.

Kind of at the 'accept it' and just get on stage, but would obviously prefer the pattern enjoyed by Mrs PH beside me: head, pillow, gone, morning alarm ringing for sometime before I turn it off.

Any other insomniac/poor sleepRs out there and what do you/we do? Indeed, one of our brethren is called 'insomnia' what does s/he/they do?

I'm going nowhere for the next hour!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

A Good Night's Sleep - tips on 07:19 - Sep 30 with 649 viewsFearless

This was a topic with some mates in the pub the other day

1 guy swears by the “walking route” method:
think of a route that you walk regularly, start at the beginning and picture every element in detail
Ie your front door, driveway, pavement, houses you pass, bus stops, shops etc

He swears you won’t arrive at your destination as you’ll be asleep

Hope that helps
A Good Night's Sleep - tips on 08:17 - Sep 30 with 614 viewsstevec

Tuning into the news I inadvertently caught the last 5 minutes of Mrs Browns Boys.

Missed the news and only woke up half an hour ago.
A Good Night's Sleep - tips on 08:34 - Sep 30 with 600 viewsNorthantsHoop

Started having less sleep and waking up early last few months or so, around 4am. I have put it down to being a lot fitter, shifted over 3 stone since January and now tuned into getting on the exercise bike around 6am. But to be honest always an early riser when I commuted to London for work would be up at 5.30am to get the train. On a positive note with the weight loss wife says that my snoring has stopped.
A Good Night's Sleep - tips on 09:19 - Sep 30 with 565 viewsHAYESBOY

A Good Night's Sleep - tips on 07:05 - Sep 30 by numptydumpty

Perhaps move to Norwich or Wales then.

Heard people that living both of the above, are very partial to a bit of "loving of the sheep. "

That's not for me....................I cant do two things at once.

Smells like a trout farm in here

A Good Night's Sleep - tips on 09:20 - Sep 30 with 565 viewstraininvain

Active lifestyle helps but I’d also recommend magnesium citrate 30 mins before going to sleep or indica edibles if you really want to ko. But you might struggle to wake up in the morning with the latter option!
A Good Night's Sleep - tips on 09:49 - Sep 30 with 532 viewshubble

Been reading this with interest as another who’s struggled with sleep as I’ve got older. A few things that have worked for me are: not drinking water less than an hour before I go to bed; not eating anything for at least five hours before I go to bed (this has helped with all sorts of things healthwise), it’s called intermittent fasting these days - basically you’re giving your body a break from digesting food, and if you can go at least 16 hours overnight between meals you’ll sleep better and lose weight.

The last thing is something I tried as an experiment, and that’s to turn your router off before you go to bed. Every time I’ve forgotten to do this since I’ve had a worse sleep, so I’ve got empirical evidence this works for me. And obviously, you should turn your phone off.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

A Good Night's Sleep - tips on 14:58 - Sep 30 with 465 viewsMatch82

A Good Night's Sleep - tips on 07:19 - Sep 30 by Fearless

This was a topic with some mates in the pub the other day

1 guy swears by the “walking route” method:
think of a route that you walk regularly, start at the beginning and picture every element in detail
Ie your front door, driveway, pavement, houses you pass, bus stops, shops etc

He swears you won’t arrive at your destination as you’ll be asleep

Hope that helps

I think that's also an established memorization technique. Think of a route you know inside out and imagine placing objects along the way. Like a deck of cards. Never really understood it, feels like it would work well the first time and then get very confusing after that!
A Good Night's Sleep - tips on 16:31 - Sep 30 with 439 viewsBoston

Their third was their best, other two were bouncing balls, could have gone anywhere.we were unlucky with them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024