Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? 15:50 - Oct 10 with 12832 viewsQPRConor2000

If this is true, then surely Ainsworth cannot stay in his job much longer.

Hes lost the fans and now it seems the players, I dont think its going to be long now, I wouldn't be shocked if we saw the club make a move this week to move him on.

It just cant go on...
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 22:51 - Oct 10 with 3072 viewsRangersDave

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 15:57 - Oct 10 by stainrods_elbow

So, if true, these players (or some of them) don't fancy Ainsworth, threw Critchley under the bus, never turned up for Head Coach Paul Hall, and who knows whose head, like a kind of deranged football version of the Hungry Caterpillar, they'll be munching through next week?

How about we fans beat them to it and throw THEM under a f*cking blue and white bus when Leicester rock up and score seven?

I have advocated for the last couple of seasons a complete cull!

I meant it then and i mean it now. pay every first teamer off and tell them do do on! the stink they attract will hurt them badly when moving one.

As it stands, there are enough easily identifyable players to simply let them go.

This has been going on for 2 seasons or more and it has to stop.
get the top guy to pay them all off,get rid of the cancer, then start for the rest of the young uns, but on new terms..... you get basic, then extra buttons for appearances, assists, assists that lead to goals, goals scored etc.

If they say no, then they aint what we need, so cut them loose too.

So what if everyone goes within a year, i'd rather start a league lower with a new, young, hungry team, than keep the shyte we have now, especially if they are trying to usurp Gareth, and some of those guys have been there through different managers, so the mud has stuck with each one of them for a few years.

They need outing and gone, or the club dies through player power.

Fans shouldnt put up with paying their hard earned only to find out the team every week is undermined from within.

Fuming of cheshire!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 23:06 - Oct 10 with 2987 viewsslmrstid

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 22:51 - Oct 10 by RangersDave

I meant it then and i mean it now. pay every first teamer off and tell them do do on! the stink they attract will hurt them badly when moving one.

As it stands, there are enough easily identifyable players to simply let them go.

get the top guy to pay them all off,get rid of the cancer, then start for the rest of the young uns, but on new terms..... you get basic, then extra buttons for appearances, assists, assists that lead to goals, goals scored etc.

So what if everyone goes within a year, i'd rather start a league lower with a new, young, hungry team, than keep the shyte we have now, especially if they are trying to usurp Gareth, and some of those guys have been there through different managers, so the mud has stuck with each one of them for a few years.

Fans shouldnt put up with paying their hard earned only to find out the team every week is undermined from within.

Fuming of cheshire!

Agree with this really, and Hunters earlier excellent posts.

Regardless of whether the manager is any good or not, you cannot, CANNOT, ever be in a position where players dictate who stays and who goes as managers. And if true then we've got a bunch who have now done it to two managers in a row. That makes them the first problem, no-one else.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 23:16 - Oct 10 with 2945 viewsdavman

GA is not doing himself any favours with the tactics he is sending them out with. Whoever had the ball at the back, be it Chair, be in JCS or Dunne or Lakeche or Paal or Colback or Dozzell had the same issue when they looked up - no movement whatsoever except the occasional diagonal to the channel.
Or Armstrong was stood offside.

Absolutely NOTHING going forward. JCS in particular had the air of someone far too good to resort to a lump it long. He visibly threw his arms up once or twice and had a right go at our "forwards". Rightly so. Yep, he's been injured far too long, but is head and shoulders above most of them out there when he gets on the pitch.

The squad is poor. The first eleven is passable at this level, but there are no goals in the squad whatsoever. None. If anyone can explain where they could get anywhere near 50 goals this season, I'm listening, but I really do not think they'll get to 35.

...so, as poor as GA appears to be, I fail to see what anyone else will do with this squad. Bar potentially Willock and Richards, this lot appear to be trying, but my god they are crap.

Bad last season, even worse this.

Armstrong and Kolli should be on season long loans in L1 and L2 respectively, but because of the god awful mess the DoF and the Academy has left us in, they have to hang around in a losing team. This is not doing their development any good whatsoever. I fully expect Armstrong to refuse any new deal we throw at him and who could blame him?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 23:28 - Oct 10 with 2921 viewskensalriser

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 22:51 - Oct 10 by RangersDave

Fuming of cheshire!

Well, paying up the contracts of the entire first team would be one way to breach FFP in short order.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 23:38 - Oct 10 with 2900 viewsMatch82

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 18:19 - Oct 10 by Hunterhoop

You would.

However, thing through the dynamics here and a few chess moves ahead.

What happens if he says itā€™s as it is (well, as this rumour implies)? The players revolt, completely down tools and he gets the sack. The fans turn on the players, that creates more of a club divide. Players want out so become less available so as not to get injured. We get worse and worse.

Itā€™s last season. Weā€™ve been down that road. Critchley did it and we saw what happened.

Ainsworth isnā€™t a complete idiot regardless of what you think of his tactics or post match interviews. He knows, because there is very recent evidence, how it will play out if he publicly says it as it is.

Instead, heā€™s going hard down the other route (hopefully because it is true, although I imagine we all doubt that). Itā€™s almost as if heā€™s trying to downplay the problems and ramp up the positives to a) give himself more time to solve it, b) try to influence behaviour across the squad, and c) try to keep the fans from coating off the players and worsening things. The problem is you canā€™t wish it into being as youā€™ve put well before, Clive. However, Iā€™m not sure he has a choice from his personal perspective or ours.

These are really bad dynamics to get into. A toxic culture is so called because it is just that. Itā€™s not easily solvable.

I think the only routes to success is to a) find a manager who can get a few wins, get enough of the dressing room onside who drag the others to Jesus, and jettison anyone who doesnā€™t commit (even if they disagree with the tactics, selections, dress sense, f*cking dressing room music, whatever). If that means selling or releasing assets for nothing, so be it. You have to show the wrong attitudes simply wonā€™t be tolerated.

When you consider this, you can see why the club went down the Ainsworth route originally, but I fear three things:

1) They havenā€™t followed through with ditching assets who are part of the toxic culture, hamstringing Ainsworh
2) Ainsworth overestimate is ability to turn certain individualā€™s attitudes around
3) Ainsworth isnā€™t a good enough tactician and overall coach to get the wins he needs to get enough of the dressing room onside to turn the culture. I think he got ahead of himself and though he might haveā€¦prematurely.

Anyway, whether the manager to back to the hilt is Ainsworth is a different question. But the more you change the manager, the more you reinforce the toxic culture and worsen the problem.

If we twist now, the next manager has to backed regardless and we have to root out all bad attitudes regardless of finances. Itā€™ll be worth it financially and on the pitch within a year or two.

"If we twist now, the next manager has to backed regardless and we have to root out all bad attitudes regardless of finances. Itā€™ll be worth it financially and on the pitch within a year or two."

Don't disagree, but this was pretty much what we said when we appointed Ainsworth, and the entire point - fix the culture at all costs we'll give you time to do it. Not saying that's wrong as an approach, I was all in favor of it, but we didn't exactly appoint him for his tactical acumen, and now we're in a position where we to do what we set out to do (change the culture) we would have to stick with him...

It's a right mess.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 23:43 - Oct 10 with 2893 viewsHunterhoop

Hopefully the rumour is entirely made up, by someone mistakenly thinking it adds further justification to sacking a manager.

I donā€™t think you come back from that last game, mind.

But hopefully that was just a bad, bad system missing the two best defensive players in Cook and Field.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 23:58 - Oct 10 with 2844 viewsQPRConor2000

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 23:43 - Oct 10 by Hunterhoop

Hopefully the rumour is entirely made up, by someone mistakenly thinking it adds further justification to sacking a manager.

I donā€™t think you come back from that last game, mind.

But hopefully that was just a bad, bad system missing the two best defensive players in Cook and Field.

Let's hope so.

At the moment, it seems Ainsworth will make it to the Huddersfield game, I think a defeat there will definitely be the end for Ainsworth.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 00:15 - Oct 11 with 2789 viewsPunteR

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 16:05 - Oct 10 by Bluce_Ree

I've said it for a while now. If you've got a team of 20-something young modern men, then some pub rocker dressed in cowboy shit isn't going to get their respect. They'll think he looks like a f**king chief.

Now if you add to that his mediocre playing career you've got a recipe for total disrespect.

You can maybe get away with looking like you're in a wedding band or some shit if you've got a load of medals in your trophy cabinet.

Should they act this way? No, of course not. Is it a surprise? No, of course not.

Warnock will only work because he's a bit more proven in management AND won't take any of their shit.

Its that simple.

It kinda makes me want Ainsworth to stay longer just to piss off the little c@nts

If this was a true story ...which i doubt.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 0:42]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 02:00 - Oct 11 with 2685 viewsHooparoo

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 16:05 - Oct 10 by Bluce_Ree

I've said it for a while now. If you've got a team of 20-something young modern men, then some pub rocker dressed in cowboy shit isn't going to get their respect. They'll think he looks like a f**king chief.

Now if you add to that his mediocre playing career you've got a recipe for total disrespect.

You can maybe get away with looking like you're in a wedding band or some shit if you've got a load of medals in your trophy cabinet.

Should they act this way? No, of course not. Is it a surprise? No, of course not.

Warnock will only work because he's a bit more proven in management AND won't take any of their shit.

100% spot on

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 04:31 - Oct 11 with 2633 viewsHoopsie

I don't think the players revolt, nor down tools

They look like a lot that were as confused as the fans were to actually know what they were supposed to do on the pitch

they weren't set up tactically, there's no shape, no set play, only go long in passing and throw in to isolated forward(s)

if you ask but they are professional players they should be better than that, but unfortunately i offer you this: they are responding to the coaching team, to play otherwise is rebelling / turning against

Again, i think we have a decent XI and if coached properly and stay injury free, we should do just about ok

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 08:09 - Oct 11 with 2414 viewsnumptydumpty

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 04:31 - Oct 11 by Hoopsie

I don't think the players revolt, nor down tools

They look like a lot that were as confused as the fans were to actually know what they were supposed to do on the pitch

they weren't set up tactically, there's no shape, no set play, only go long in passing and throw in to isolated forward(s)

if you ask but they are professional players they should be better than that, but unfortunately i offer you this: they are responding to the coaching team, to play otherwise is rebelling / turning against

Again, i think we have a decent XI and if coached properly and stay injury free, we should do just about ok

Ainsworth was a success at Wycombe and let's not forget Eze was showing his first signs of succeeding in football under Ainsworth at Wycombe - and clearly he is many levels up from most of the players we have currently.

It does look like the players have zero idea what they are meant to be doing but regularly we are in games until the first goal goes in against us and the parting of the red sea happens.

But clearly Ainsorth was a success at Wycombe, only one level down from here and a much smaller club too.

He came into a squad that was already failing.

Perhaps it was thought we would be relegated and he could be the man to get us back up and its expensive to sack him and our finances are massively tight - bit like Gareths shirts !!!

He has had zero money to change the squad - his transfer Window was decent considering - but again we picking up injuries and suspensions- cook, fox , colback, Field. Willock has also had his injury concerns throughout.

Also about half of his budget went on Richards who clearly will never play for us and that was set before he came in.

Is Chair not playing for him as some suggest, think he doing what he has always done - trying beat 27 men before releasing the ball. But no lack of effort from him.

The Wycombe players respected him despite his clothing and to say bertie big balls QPR players do not, is a bit of a stretch !!!

I have seen Gareths good lady in the flesh and he maybe getting managerial tips and clothing advice from his REAL boss - that's a joke btw, just in case anyone comments ..

Ainsworth had a job for life with Wycombe and took a punt on coming here and it was always going be tough, as we were in free fall.

Our away form is reasonable but the main concern is our HOME performances and results - that was happening way before Ainsworth joined - once we win at home - hopefully we can kick on. A win no matter how it happens, could change things results wise. There's a massive lack of belief in performances at HQ, that is the real issue and not what Ainsworth clothes are.

Critchley was bit nerdy, Beale was full of integrity, Warburton was bald, Holloway was a farmers boy.

The fact people are complaining and suggesting players aren't playing for him because of certain character traits os clutching at very delicate straws.

I am not a fan of the style of play but if we start winning at home, that's the issue and he has been dealt a bum hand this year with no money and no Director of Football.

And if someone new came in, they would wbe on less money than Ainsworth, we clearly can't afford a DoF this season either, ie Ainsworth would have his contract paid off.

We have three development players as our centre forwards and Lyndon.

Out of our three most creative players, Willock has serious injury concerns and it looks like his best days are behind him. Richards is sadly it appears unwell and Chair needs another baller to work his magic with to be more effective.

Our centre backs, Fox, Cook, JCS and Dunne have all had injuries.

And centre midfielders, Field and Colback been suspended already.

The bench is full of academy players, half fit players and guys that are decent but old in football years !!!

It's not the manager at fault or the players, it's been going on for a few seasons now under last four managers.

It's something inherently bad at the club.

Blaming it all on the manager and the players is an easy option. It's a lot deeper than that and it's something within the current culture and ethos at the club behind the scenes that needs looking at.

Many different players and managers before them have had these same issues !!

But in saying all that, would two consecutive home wins change everything, possibly but i think it goes much deeper than that.

Ainsworth could get dressed up in a mankini every game but if the results were there, his attire us the least of the issues.

Anyone had form with wearing a mankini at work. Did it improve your subordinates performances !!!
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 8:30]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 08:30 - Oct 11 with 2301 viewsGaryBannister86

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 08:09 - Oct 11 by numptydumpty

Ainsworth was a success at Wycombe and let's not forget Eze was showing his first signs of succeeding in football under Ainsworth at Wycombe - and clearly he is many levels up from most of the players we have currently.

It does look like the players have zero idea what they are meant to be doing but regularly we are in games until the first goal goes in against us and the parting of the red sea happens.

But clearly Ainsorth was a success at Wycombe, only one level down from here and a much smaller club too.

Perhaps it was thought we would be relegated and he could be the man to get us back up and its expensive to sack him and our finances are massively tight - bit like Gareths shirts !!!

He has had zero money to change the squad - his transfer Window was decent considering - but again we picking up injuries and suspensions- cook, fox , colback, Field. Willock has also had his injury concerns throughout.

Also about half of his budget went on Richards who clearly will never play for us and that was set before he came in.

Is Chair not playing for him as some suggest, think he doing what he has always done - trying beat 27 men before releasing the ball. But no lack of effort from him.

The Wycombe players respected him despite his clothing and to say bertie big balls QPR players do not, is a bit of a stretch !!!

I have seen Gareths good lady in the flesh and he maybe getting managerial tips and clothing advice from his REAL boss - that's a joke btw, just in case anyone comments ..

Ainsworth had a job for life with Wycombe and took a punt on coming here and it was always going be tough, as we were in free fall.

Our away form is reasonable but the main concern is our HOME performances and results - that was happening way before Ainsworth joined - once we win at home - hopefully we can kick on. A win no matter how it happens, could change things results wise. There's a massive lack of belief in performances at HQ, that is the real issue and not what Ainsworth clothes are.

Critchley was bit nerdy, Beale was full of integrity, Warburton was bald, Holloway was a farmers boy.

The fact people are complaining and suggesting players aren't playing for him because of certain character traits os clutching at very delicate straws.

I am not a fan of the style of play but if we start winning at home, that's the issue and he has been dealt a bum hand this year with no money and no Director of Football.

And if someone new came in, they would wbe on less money than Ainsworth, we clearly can't afford a DoF this season either, ie Ainsworth would have his contract paid off.

Out of our three most creative players, Willock has serious injury concerns and it looks like his best days are behind him. Richards is sadly it appears unwell and Chair needs another baller to work his magic with to be more effective.

The bench is full of academy players, half fit players and guys that are decent but old in football years !!!

It's not the manager at fault or the players, it's been going on for a few seasons now under last four managers.

Blaming it all on the manager and the players is an easy option. It's a lot deeper than that and it's something within the current culture and ethos at the club behind the scenes that needs looking at.

But in saying all that, would two consecutive home wins change everything, possibly but i think it goes much deeper than that.

Ainsworth could get dressed up in a mankini every game but if the results were there, his attire us the least of the issues.

Anyone had form with wearing a mankini at work. Did it improve your subordinates performances !!!

"once we win at home - hopefully we can kick on"

I admire your optimism and defence of a manager who in my opinion has made far, far too many mistakes...but where is this home win coming from? The only side in blue and white hoops I can see winning at Loftus Road this season is either Reading in the FA Cup or our ladies' side.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 8:40]
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 08:34 - Oct 11 with 2260 viewsnumptydumpty

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 08:30 - Oct 11 by GaryBannister86

"once we win at home - hopefully we can kick on"

I admire your optimism and defence of a manager who in my opinion has made far, far too many mistakes...but where is this home win coming from? The only side in blue and white hoops I can see winning at Loftus Road this season is either Reading in the FA Cup or our ladies' side.

I said hopefully we can kick on.

I am doubtful myself but it's the HOME form that's the issue and that has been happening with the last four managers.

But it's not on Ainsworth or the players. This has happened with completely different players and managers. It's within the club as a whole.

Something seriously wrong in our structure. But at least we have very sexy training facilities !!

Again though it can be tracked back to a terrible decision, parting company with Warburton, in same way many years ago parting company with Warnock.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 08:55 - Oct 11 with 2195 viewsR_from_afar

There is a paradox here in that, allegedly, players who frequently fail to get the basics right are unhappy because training isn't sophisticated enough...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 09:07 - Oct 11 with 2146 viewshubble

We have no idea whether any of these OP speculations are true or not. The only thing we know for sure is that the way the team was set up on Saturday, the way they played, the tactics and the timing of the substitutions were all bloody useless.

Whether all this is symptomatic of a deeper malaise within the club or not, the first thing that has to change is the manager. The facts speak for themselves. He is clearly out of his depth and if he stays on, we are nailed on for relegation. Everything else is moot.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 09:08 - Oct 11 with 2143 viewspriceyparkrangers

I think this is all way simpler than toxic atmospheres, managers wearing the wrong clothing, etc etc

The players are not good enough.

The management team is not good enough.

The board are not good enough. Or interested.

I genuinely would not be confident in surviving league one unless things change, drastically.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 09:12 - Oct 11 with 2118 viewsEsox_Lucius

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 08:55 - Oct 11 by R_from_afar

There is a paradox here in that, allegedly, players who frequently fail to get the basics right are unhappy because training isn't sophisticated enough...

Respectfully, that isn't the paradox here. Using Ferrari engines to drive your lawn mower is the problem. I said this at the start of the season; you don't endear yourself to a group of players who have been brought up playing technical, possession based football by asking them to forget everything they have learned and boot the ball upfield and chase around like blue arsed flies. Every game I have watched this season there have been no signs of lack of effort, lots of neat passing football and zero indication of any plan. Players being played out of position in games isn't helping to turn things around either.

The grass is always greener.

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 09:35 - Oct 11 with 1997 viewsNortholt_Rs

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 08:09 - Oct 11 by numptydumpty

Weā€™ve got absentee owners who have no idea how to successfully run a football club. We hardly ever see any board members at LR let alone an away game. The staggering demise of our our great football club is reflected in the ā€˜growthā€™ of our support base - I bet the vast bulk of our supporters are 40+. I live in chelscum supporting territory, but Iā€™m now seeing kids wearing Brentford and Fulham shirts. I never, ever see a kid round here in a QPR shirt. Thereā€™s a deathly malaise at the club which started 12 years ago when TF took over and continues to come down from the very top. Watching THAT on Saturday, I kept thinking ā€œHTF have we come to this?ā€ā€¦. Sack Ainsworth - heā€™s hopelessly out of his depth. But is a new manager going to fix our club? Really?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 10:21]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 09:56 - Oct 11 with 1882 viewsEastR

Ainsworth built his managerial career on being the underdog, combining rudimentary tactics with graft, slog and a huff and puff approach. That will only get you so far, like staying up by the skin of your teeth as we did last season. It will also work with a group of players who, with all due respect, are limited to and are suited to that approach.

This in no way excuses this mob from the performances of the last 12 months, but whatever the solution GA is the wrong man for us at this time.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth on 19:32 - Oct 11 with 1379 viewsbaz_qpr

Have the players turned on Ainsworth on 22:29 - Oct 10 by daveB

Have to say i think Antti is spot on about Beales last 5 games, results not great but apart from Coventry performances were not terrible, nothing like what has followed.

I think you can call players out in the press after a game, it's not that big a deal but it's how you deal with them in training that is the key and I'm not sure Critchley did enough to get players onside.

It's been a mad year really where we tried to play 4-4-2 under Critchley with Sam Field on the wing in some games then did the same under Ainsworth with similar results. It's only been the very few games where we went to a back 3 and tried to play some football that we've looked any good, but we've quickly tossed that in the bin

The players to me are doing exactly what they've been asked to do, there is no lack of effort they are either just not very good or not really suited to what's been asked of them.

I think a better manager gets this squad to safety with a bit too spare but I have no confidence in the club getting someone better when they do pull the trigger

Yeah agree with that you have group of players who have spent the last 4 years playing to different degrees of success a modern passing tactical game. We've then added "leaders" all who have played at the top Loveland a couple of youngsters who have come from premiership academy's and they are being coached by a team that has never coached at this level let alone Prem or top academy to punt it long or into the channels.

I dont blame Ainsworth or Dobson they know what they know and do what they do, and the motivation / character stuff is probably all absolutely on the money. But you have to play the tactics and method of the level you are at, and barring a couple of away games post Watford I am not seeing that and frankly its a big ask

This is 100% on Amit and the board they chose the wrong management team for the wrong reasons as a reaction to the Critchley failure
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 22:53 - Oct 11 with 1249 viewsDavieQPR

Really? Giving credence to what one, yes one,basement dweller has posted on X or Twitter. Really., are people that gullible to even discuss it..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024