Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next QPR manager - your preference 08:02 - Oct 29 with 13070 viewsHoopsie

Next QPR manager - your preference

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Next QPR manager - your preference on 19:26 - Oct 29 with 2365 viewsNorthantsHoop

Next QPR manager - your preference on 19:09 - Oct 29 by dmm

There's chatter about Sabri Lamouchi who was manager at Cardiff for a few months earlier this year. He was also at Forest in 2019/20. I can't say I know anything about him really and it feels too left field if we are interested. Any thoughts?

At the moment we need to find a manager that can
stabilise the team and get the players functioning in the Championship and get our be best players like Chair and Willock delivering again. If that is Warnock on an interim basis or Rowett or Jones or Eustace on a longer term basis don't really mind.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 19:29 - Oct 29 with 2348 viewsdaveB

Warnock or Eustace for me but think for the job needed even if you take away the previous spells with us Warnock is the obvious choice
Next QPR manager - your preference on 19:53 - Oct 29 with 2281 viewsmart_Goblin

Next QPR manager - your preference on 19:29 - Oct 29 by daveB

Warnock or Eustace for me but think for the job needed even if you take away the previous spells with us Warnock is the obvious choice

Yep. Exact same
Next QPR manager - your preference on 20:00 - Oct 29 with 2236 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Someone young and unknown, with new ideas, no baggage, and a smug article in The Athletic about how they took FC Fjartskins to the top of the league despite working in McDonalds two months ago.

Think Mick Beale with talent, no ego, shit at Powerpoint, and minus the goiter and tipper truck full of bullshit.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 20:04]
Next QPR manager - your preference on 20:01 - Oct 29 with 2221 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Next QPR manager - your preference on 20:00 - Oct 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Someone young and unknown, with new ideas, no baggage, and a smug article in The Athletic about how they took FC Fjartskins to the top of the league despite working in McDonalds two months ago.

Think Mick Beale with talent, no ego, shit at Powerpoint, and minus the goiter and tipper truck full of bullshit.

Sorry, Bazz. I'm booked.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Next QPR manager - your preference on 20:26 - Oct 29 with 2154 viewsCiderwithRsie

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:21 - Oct 29 by gazza1

I agree that the priority is to keep us in the Championship BUT it is not just about that, we need to look at the future years.

Why a contract until the end of the season??? Obviously we need someone who is going to come into the club and sort out many things....hit the ground running as you say.

Why do you think he is able to sort out some of the players, Willock, Richards for example....others have not and I would have expected GA to have done that as a priority. Don't forget NW had several aged players whom he knew working with him like, Hill, like Derry and GK that were there to help him get players in order - don't think that NW done it on his own.

Why would you want a 70 year old manager running the team?? etc. It is proper hard work that is needed and very difficult for a 70 year old to work 7 days a week if required.

I hope the Management team do not appoint NW, 100%.

I completely agree with all of this.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 20:54 - Oct 29 with 2085 viewsQPsyR

To me the only chance of QPR staying up is Warnock a proper manager.

Who cares how old he is FFS, He's proper, the players will respect him and he can actually do the job, unlike his predecessor.

After that then look to the future. If they still go down then that's it forever anyway

So Warnock Warnock Warnock

or otherwise, Nigel Pearson though i don't think we'd stay up but go up next year

FKA AcidPixie

Next QPR manager - your preference on 21:44 - Oct 29 with 1943 viewsHayesender

Next QPR manager - your preference on 20:00 - Oct 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Any idea where I can get an FC Fjartskins replica shirt?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Next QPR manager - your preference on 21:44 - Oct 29 with 1946 viewsNed_Kennedys

Skybet have not got any market for next QPR manager but have already got a market for next Bristol City manager despite Pearson only leaving today. All the usual suspects in the Bristol City list but Warnock only 20/1.
Would suggest they know an announcement is imminent for our job.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 21:53 - Oct 29 with 1924 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next QPR manager - your preference on 21:44 - Oct 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Skybet have not got any market for next QPR manager but have already got a market for next Bristol City manager despite Pearson only leaving today. All the usual suspects in the Bristol City list but Warnock only 20/1.
Would suggest they know an announcement is imminent for our job.

Bristol is a lot closer to Cornwall than Heston is.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 22:43 - Oct 29 with 1840 viewsNed_Kennedys

Next QPR manager - your preference on 21:53 - Oct 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Unless Bristol City or Millwall think they will be in a relegation fight I cannot see why they’d go for Warnock: both will be looking for the playoffs so will be looking for a longer term option I think.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 22:52 - Oct 29 with 1804 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:19 - Oct 29 by Westway

Warnock until the end of the season.

Then Warburton director of football with Eustace the manager.

Why is it that when anyone mentions Eustace, it comes packaged with Warburton as DoF? Not that I'd be against this set-up but it's notable that no other manager is being mentioned with this caveat despite Eustace having proven himself more than capable at Birmingham.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 22:55 - Oct 29 with 1798 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next QPR manager - your preference on 22:43 - Oct 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Unless Bristol City or Millwall think they will be in a relegation fight I cannot see why they’d go for Warnock: both will be looking for the playoffs so will be looking for a longer term option I think.

Agreed. Bristol City were pretty clear in their statement that promotion is their aim, and Millwall have flirted with the play-offs for several seasons now. I suspect they'll be targeting more long-term solutions than Warnock.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 04:38 - Oct 30 with 1679 viewsjohnhoop

I just hope they hurry up and appoint Warnock before some Beale-a-like chancer smooth talks them with a power-point presentation and Amit falls for it.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:31 - Oct 30 with 1483 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Wouldn't put anything past the brains trust that is our board.

Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:35 - Oct 30 with 1461 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next QPR manager - your preference on 22:55 - Oct 29 by Benny_the_Ball

Agreed. Bristol City were pretty clear in their statement that promotion is their aim, and Millwall have flirted with the play-offs for several seasons now. I suspect they'll be targeting more long-term solutions than Warnock.

Warnock famous for his lack of promotions of course!
Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:35 - Oct 30 with 1458 viewsTheChef

Warnock not my first choice but I don't know who else has the experience and strength of character to deal with this bunch of players and the overall sh1tshow that is the club currently.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Next QPR manager - your preference on 11:06 - Oct 30 with 1374 viewsconnell10

Warnock for me , possibly offering a role higher up next season, then at that point bring in a young manager.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Next QPR manager - your preference on 11:16 - Oct 30 with 1344 viewsTheChef

Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:31 - Oct 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

Wouldn't put anything past the brains trust that is our board.

Probably try and sign Tommy Caton too (RIP).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Next QPR manager - your preference on 13:14 - Oct 30 with 1207 viewsBrazilNutR

not seen any mention of Joseph Barton becoming available...
Next QPR manager - your preference on 13:20 - Oct 30 with 1171 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Next QPR manager - your preference on 22:52 - Oct 29 by Benny_the_Ball

Why is it that when anyone mentions Eustace, it comes packaged with Warburton as DoF? Not that I'd be against this set-up but it's notable that no other manager is being mentioned with this caveat despite Eustace having proven himself more than capable at Birmingham.

Possibly because he paid actual money to get Ethan Laird and Tyler Roberts on permanent contracts.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 13:27 - Oct 30 with 1117 viewsR_from_afar

Next QPR manager - your preference on 21:53 - Oct 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Indeed, but I suspect there might be an issue for a lot of Robin's fans because Warnock was previously at Cardiff. There seems to be a bitter rivalry between those two sets of fans.

Konk will know more about that than me, though, as our agent in the south west

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Next QPR manager - your preference on 14:15 - Oct 30 with 1014 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:35 - Oct 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Warnock famous for his lack of promotions of course!

In his 'younger' days, yes. Now that he's 74 and perpetually semi-retired he tends to take on short-term salvage jobs, keeping the likes of Rotherham and Huddersfield up against the odds. This is what makes him a more suitable candidate for the QPR job than Bristol City or Millwall. That being said, if either of the latter come calling they're a far more palatable option than QPR atm.

EDIT: As pointed out by PS he took Cardiff up in 2018.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 14:29]
Next QPR manager - your preference on 14:17 - Oct 30 with 992 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Next QPR manager - your preference on 14:15 - Oct 30 by Benny_the_Ball

In his 'younger' days, yes. Now that he's 74 and perpetually semi-retired he tends to take on short-term salvage jobs, keeping the likes of Rotherham and Huddersfield up against the odds. This is what makes him a more suitable candidate for the QPR job than Bristol City or Millwall. That being said, if either of the latter come calling they're a far more palatable option than QPR atm.

His last promotion was with Cardiff in 2018
Next QPR manager - your preference on 14:19 - Oct 30 with 969 viewsBuckR

Next QPR manager - your preference on 14:15 - Oct 30 by Benny_the_Ball

Cardiff?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024