Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 Non-League wins in the FA Cuo 23:11 - Nov 7 with 1185 viewsLondonSaint76

As Nick says it is a bit quiet on here at the moment and as Pat has said his Top 3 ideas have dried up for the moment I thought it would be nice to celebrate the SK8's latest failure to get past non-League oppo in the FA Cup by inviting your submissions for your top 3 non-League FA Cup wins

1 - Worcester City 2-1 Liverpool - Jan 1959, widely accepted as probably their most embarrassing defeat.
2 - Burnley 0-1 Lincoln City - Feb 2017, Lincoln were in the National League at the time and became the first non-league team to reach the FAC Quarter Finals in 105 years.
3 - Sutton United 2-1 Coventry City - Jan 1989, in May 1987 Coventry were running round Wembley with the FA Cup having just beaten Spurs, however, just over 18 months later...

And of course, any SK8's defeat by non-league opposition

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Top 3 Non-League wins in the FA Cuo on 08:23 - Nov 8 with 1046 viewsPatfromPoole

Struggling for a Top 3 here, sir.

It wasn’t non-League but I remember Wrexham beating Arsenal 2-1 in the early 90’s when Arsenal were League champs and the FA Cup still really mattered; that was a hell of a shock.

I recall being at Saints 2 QPR 0 on the same day; far from a full house but a decent enough atmosphere…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Top 3 Non-League wins in the FA Cuo on 08:34 - Nov 8 with 1040 viewsWints76

Top 3 Non-League wins in the FA Cuo on 08:23 - Nov 8 by PatfromPoole

It wasn’t non-League but I remember Wrexham beating Arsenal 2-1 in the early 90’s when Arsenal were League champs and the FA Cup still really mattered; that was a hell of a shock.

I recall being at Saints 2 QPR 0 on the same day; far from a full house but a decent enough atmosphere…..

MLT scored a very decent goal in that QPR game, and Branfoot had obviously said something that week as the Lower East were chanting Branfoot, Branfoot, shut your mouth'. Lot of QPR fans giving Tim Flowers grief as well

As for non league wins, that Woking one at WBA was pretty decent
Top 3 Non-League wins in the FA Cuo on 09:39 - Nov 8 with 1002 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 Non-League wins in the FA Cuo on 08:34 - Nov 8 by Wints76

MLT scored a very decent goal in that QPR game, and Branfoot had obviously said something that week as the Lower East were chanting Branfoot, Branfoot, shut your mouth'. Lot of QPR fans giving Tim Flowers grief as well

As for non league wins, that Woking one at WBA was pretty decent

Wycombe Wanderers in 2001 when they beat Leicester away to reach the FA cup semi finals and then lost only 2-1 to Liverpool.

Likewise Chesterfield who reached the semi finals in 1997 and drew 3-3 with Middlesbrough and had a goal not given that had crossed the line i think so should have got to the final

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Top 3 Non-League wins in the FA Cuo on 10:19 - Nov 8 with 976 viewshedgeend61

Struggling for 3, but here's one from 1972

Top 3 Non-League wins in the FA Cuo on 15:35 - Nov 10 with 801 views1teeminants

Top 3 Non-League wins in the FA Cuo on 08:23 - Nov 8 by PatfromPoole

I remember Wrexham beating us at The Dell in the FA cup. 0-1

David Smallman bastard .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024