Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry 09:09 - Nov 13 with 10535 viewssaint901

This morning, we see the news that we've all been expecting, i.e. Braverman gone.

Aside from holding some "extreme" views on what constitutes "hate", her crime is clearly that of trying to do a Brutus on Rishi (a bit like he did with Boris).

The Tories will forgive almost anything except their own people showing the world what their club is like from the inside. Cruella has done that and has paid the price.

Her next appearance will be a challenge for the leadership.

In the event that she wins, I will be moving abroad for a few years because even the politics in my other "official" country are not as toxic as hers.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 15:31 - Nov 14 with 1149 viewssaint901

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:26 - Nov 14 by saintmark1976

franniesTache and saint901, obviously neither of you have heard of The Bilderberg Group.

The Bilderberg group named after the hotel they first met in 1954.

A group of wealthy/influential people who meet to discuss issues of importance. They publish an agenda but no minutes because the meetings are private.

Because they are not transparent (and why would they be?) their meetings are seized upon by people ranging from David Icke (clearly a well balanced individual with no axe to grind), Alex Jones an Alt Right conspiracy theorist with a conviction for spreading lies and disinformation and a number of far left people who fear that Bilderberg will take over the world before they do because they're better funded and have better ideas.

Linked often to any number of other "shadowy" groups which may or may not exist such as the Illuminati (more famous for being in a rubbish novel than anything else) .

Usually between 120 and 150 members of the group meet each year. Let's say that each of them has a personal assistant and a staff who would read messages. That would be between say 150 and 500 non members who have access to the discussions and outcomes. Been running for 69 years. So that's roughly 13,000 people over the years who could have produced some evidence of the "depopulation" theory - but have not.

I cannot believe that many people can be persuaded or paid to keep quiet for that long if there was actually anything "conspiracy" like here. (And yes I'm expecting the "mysterious death" scenarios to come along).

Just because people - even rich/political people - want to meet in private does not mean that any conspiracy you like can be laid at their door.

Get real and smell the coffee.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 16:01 - Nov 14 with 1135 viewsJellybaby

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 15:31 - Nov 14 by saint901

A group of wealthy/influential people who meet to discuss issues of importance. They publish an agenda but no minutes because the meetings are private.

Because they are not transparent (and why would they be?) their meetings are seized upon by people ranging from David Icke (clearly a well balanced individual with no axe to grind), Alex Jones an Alt Right conspiracy theorist with a conviction for spreading lies and disinformation and a number of far left people who fear that Bilderberg will take over the world before they do because they're better funded and have better ideas.

Linked often to any number of other "shadowy" groups which may or may not exist such as the Illuminati (more famous for being in a rubbish novel than anything else) .

Usually between 120 and 150 members of the group meet each year. Let's say that each of them has a personal assistant and a staff who would read messages. That would be between say 150 and 500 non members who have access to the discussions and outcomes. Been running for 69 years. So that's roughly 13,000 people over the years who could have produced some evidence of the "depopulation" theory - but have not.

I cannot believe that many people can be persuaded or paid to keep quiet for that long if there was actually anything "conspiracy" like here. (And yes I'm expecting the "mysterious death" scenarios to come along).

Just because people - even rich/political people - want to meet in private does not mean that any conspiracy you like can be laid at their door.

Are you really defending secrecy in high places? Clearly no fan of JFK then - Do you think his death was as the official narrative too?

“The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings...Our way of life is under attack. Those who make themselves our enemy are advancing around the globe...no war ever posed a greater threat to our security. If you are awaiting a finding of "clear and present danger," then I can only say that the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent...For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence–on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.”

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 16:33 - Nov 14 with 1113 viewssaint901

Lot to unpack here Mr Jellybaby.

Let's start with

" monolithic and ruthless conspiracy"

Surely a conspiracy of such size and importance has proof somewhere?

Or do you think that 120/150 people - on their own with no help - (because that would mean spilling the beans) are capable of running such a conspiracy as well as running multi national companies and Gov'ts?

I can see that whatever you're reading or smoking has a grip on you so again I expect no proof just more untested assertions.

Remember merely repeating a phrase does not give it legitimacy.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 16:43 - Nov 14 with 1104 viewssaintmark1976

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 15:31 - Nov 14 by saint901

I’m not certain what purpose or benefit your remark about smelling coffee brings to the discussion saint901 but hey ho, each to their own I suppose

Interestingly Wikipedia makes reference to Dennis Healey ( are you old enough to remember him? )

U K Chancellor of the Exchequer, Bilderberg Group founder and steering committee member for thirty years:-

“ To say we are striving for one-world government is exaggerated but not wholly unfair.”

Nothing to do with conspiracy theories but more a statement of intent I suggest.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 17:02 - Nov 14 with 1091 viewsfranniesTache

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 16:01 - Nov 14 by Jellybaby

Are you really defending secrecy in high places? Clearly no fan of JFK then - Do you think his death was as the official narrative too?

“The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings...Our way of life is under attack. Those who make themselves our enemy are advancing around the globe...no war ever posed a greater threat to our security. If you are awaiting a finding of "clear and present danger," then I can only say that the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent...For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence–on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.”

You do realise that kennedy speech was a speech to the american press association on the freedom of the press and their role in national security and reporting right?

The "secret societies" JFK speaks of are a reference to state controlled media in the USSR at the time and his speech is actually about Communism and state propaganda (like Pravda)

https://content.time.com/time/subscriber/article/0,33009,872353,00.html
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 17:04]
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 17:27 - Nov 14 with 1082 viewssaint901

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 17:02 - Nov 14 by franniesTache

You do realise that kennedy speech was a speech to the american press association on the freedom of the press and their role in national security and reporting right?

The "secret societies" JFK speaks of are a reference to state controlled media in the USSR at the time and his speech is actually about Communism and state propaganda (like Pravda)

Very unsporting to deny a conspiracy with something as trivial as a fact?
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 18:34 - Nov 14 with 1046 viewsfranniesTache

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 17:27 - Nov 14 by saint901

Very unsporting to deny a conspiracy with something as trivial as a fact?

In the context of the Cold War, totalitarianism, communism and the importance of media freedoms and temperance for national security it’s a brilliant speech. One you often study in political philosophy when doing rhetoric.

I was totally unaware until today that it was being used as part of the conspiracy world, but a google suggests it’s been heavily misappropriated (without context) and attached to the various global cabal stuff.

Kind of proves why media studies is so important really
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 19:30 - Nov 14 with 1016 viewsJellybaby

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 17:02 - Nov 14 by franniesTache

Yes, I know the occasion of the speech, coming two and a half years before his assassination. Our interpretation of who he was referring to in his speech would be completely different though.

Not that I am bothered by majority viewpoint but most Americans still think his death was an inside job, and certainly his nephew;

Robert Kennedy Jr., who recently launched a long shot bid for the Democratic presidential nomination, said his father’s “first instinct” was that the CIA killed former President John F. Kennedy.

Kennedy Jr. said the first call his father, former Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, made after learning his uncle had been shot was to a CIA desk officer.

“My father said to him, ‘Did your people do this?’” Kennedy Jr. told Fox News’s “Hannity” on Monday.

“His next call was to [Enrique Ruiz-Williams], who was one of the Cuban Bay of Pigs leaders who had remained very, very close to our family and to my father,” he continued. “My father asked him the same question.”

Kennedy Jr. said his father then called John McCone, the head of the CIA, and asked him to come to the family’s house.

“When I came home [from] Sidwell Friends School, my father was walking in the yard with John McCone, and my father was posing the same question to him, ‘Was it our people who did this to my brother?’” he said. “It was my father’s first instinct that the agency had killed his brother.”

The Democratic presidential candidate recently expressed support for the conspiracy theory that the CIA killed Kennedy, an allegation that the agency has repeatedly denied.

“There is overwhelming evidence that the CIA was involved in his murder,” Kennedy said in an interview with radio talk show host John Catsimatidis on Sunday. “I think it’s beyond a reasonable doubt at this point.”

Kennedy’s assassination has fueled endless conspiracy theories in the last 60 years, particularly after a 1979 House committee suggested it was probable there were at least two gunmen involved and coconspirators in the assassination plot.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Login to get fewer ads

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 19:44 - Nov 14 with 1009 viewsJellybaby

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 18:34 - Nov 14 by franniesTache

In the context of the Cold War, totalitarianism, communism and the importance of media freedoms and temperance for national security it’s a brilliant speech. One you often study in political philosophy when doing rhetoric.

I was totally unaware until today that it was being used as part of the conspiracy world, but a google suggests it’s been heavily misappropriated (without context) and attached to the various global cabal stuff.

Kind of proves why media studies is so important really

Who do you think runs Go ogle? Yes, the same people that run everything else, the same people that keep us as wage slaves, the same people that can lock us down because they decide to rebrand flu, the same people that charge us interest on money they don't have, the same people that stir up war and hatred, the same people getting ready for AI and transhumanism.

You can sit there all smug in your little matrix world, but you are just being played Frannie and somewhere deep down you probably know that.

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 09:29 - Nov 15 with 945 viewssaint901

So other than be a bundle of frustrated anger all the time, what is your solution to being "played".

Re the stuff above about the junior Kennedy.

How old was he when his father was killed? How long since? Why mention it now? Could it be connected to a desire to have a higher profile? What are his views on Covid, vaccination etc? Could this be a reason why he will neve r get the Democratic nomination. Most Americans would probably prefer to see a semi dead Biden than this nut job.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:55 - Nov 15 with 932 viewsSadoldgit

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 09:46 - Nov 13 by kingslandstand1

She's only been saying what most are thinking but the woke brigade have won again, but as you have said, she'll go for the leadership as I'm afraid Rishi is just not strong enough, but best of a bad lot

Trouble is, what are the alternatives in politics now. God help us if U turn with absolutely no alternative ideas gets in next year

Do “most of us” really think it is ok to send asylum seekers to Rwanda, that the homeless should be denied tents to sleep in, that it is ok to incite far right thugs to attack peaceful marchers, that people who March for peace are hate marchers? I think only other sociopathic, heartless scumbags think like her.
Her letter reads like a scorned lover and will not only damage her party but will probably end any chance she ever had of leading the party.
Even more good news. Her disgusting plans to deport people to Rwanda has been thrown out of court.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:00 - Nov 15 with 921 views1885_SFC

Well that's Germany up sh1t creek too as they were considering a Rwanda-style arrangement similar to the UK's albeit with different African countries.

Back to the drawing board...

Old School is Cool

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:15 - Nov 15 with 916 viewsfranniesTache

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 19:44 - Nov 14 by Jellybaby

Who do you think runs Go ogle? Yes, the same people that run everything else, the same people that keep us as wage slaves, the same people that can lock us down because they decide to rebrand flu, the same people that charge us interest on money they don't have, the same people that stir up war and hatred, the same people getting ready for AI and transhumanism.

You can sit there all smug in your little matrix world, but you are just being played Frannie and somewhere deep down you probably know that.

Interesting you talk about Google and AI, that's an area i'm really interested in and my work touches on it a lot.

Out of interest what are your concerns? Personally i'd say Bard is the lesser "evil" compared to OpenAI, of course neither are actually AI they're just large language models, but OpenAI has far more traction in business.

Aside from the vendor what's your concern? Is it data collection and tracking?

Both of those are big ones for me, especially if we move away from the protection of GDPR and the EU's proposed law on AI regulation, which opens us up to huge privacy and data misuse (Plantir, a company heavily involved in the Cambridge Analytica scandal and championed by domnic cummins has been granted the right to purchasing and managing NHS data by the current government).

Or are you more concerned - given it's google - about the sacking of the AI ethics team for publishing their white paper on Stochastic parrot's and how LLM's have algorithmic bias built in from the outset due to being based on incorrect data as they can only scan what happened in the past?

Though of course you may have other concerns, job security fears and job automation, copyright and the training of the models, i'm sure you can't be talking about generalised artificial intelligence as that's so far in the future as to be science fiction.

Personally if we looking at the ethics and interrogation of LLM's, which i assume you must be, i'm a big fan of XAI and counterfactuals as a mechanism for challenging the black box of LLM/ML/AI.

What would be your solution of out interest? I know XAI is probably better for end results but is slower and more expensive, also what's your feeling on tackling the data problem with concepts such as Tim Berners-Lee's Solid project? I'm a huge fan of it but feel it needs some financial incentive to encourage large tech companies to move away from their current tracking model
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:23 - Nov 15 with 908 viewsBuggalugs

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:15 - Nov 15 by franniesTache

Interesting you talk about Google and AI, that's an area i'm really interested in and my work touches on it a lot.

Out of interest what are your concerns? Personally i'd say Bard is the lesser "evil" compared to OpenAI, of course neither are actually AI they're just large language models, but OpenAI has far more traction in business.

Both of those are big ones for me, especially if we move away from the protection of GDPR and the EU's proposed law on AI regulation, which opens us up to huge privacy and data misuse (Plantir, a company heavily involved in the Cambridge Analytica scandal and championed by domnic cummins has been granted the right to purchasing and managing NHS data by the current government).

Or are you more concerned - given it's google - about the sacking of the AI ethics team for publishing their white paper on Stochastic parrot's and how LLM's have algorithmic bias built in from the outset due to being based on incorrect data as they can only scan what happened in the past?

Though of course you may have other concerns, job security fears and job automation, copyright and the training of the models, i'm sure you can't be talking about generalised artificial intelligence as that's so far in the future as to be science fiction.

Personally if we looking at the ethics and interrogation of LLM's, which i assume you must be, i'm a big fan of XAI and counterfactuals as a mechanism for challenging the black box of LLM/ML/AI.

What would be your solution of out interest? I know XAI is probably better for end results but is slower and more expensive, also what's your feeling on tackling the data problem with concepts such as Tim Berners-Lee's Solid project? I'm a huge fan of it but feel it needs some financial incentive to encourage large tech companies to move away from their current tracking model

I suspect, like most of us, he hasn't got a Scooby what any of that means.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:35 - Nov 15 with 903 viewsfranniesTache

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:23 - Nov 15 by Buggalugs

Well given his concerns are about AI i don't see how he can have grounded opinions without the understanding of what it is, in much the same way i wouldn't comment on the dangers of electric cars because i'm not a mechanic
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 15:41 - Nov 15 with 870 viewssaint901

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:23 - Nov 15 by Buggalugs

I'd certainly be in the Scooby camp on this one.

A question I have on AI (in whatever format) is how it learns and whether that learning is tainted by the inherent prejudice of whomever programmed it?

For example, if I read a book and think that it is a good one (subjective criteria) and read it again and get from it a slightly different take because I'm already favouring its message but somebody else reads it and has the opposite view, how does an AI system make a judgement?

If I program the beast and say "this is a good book" but you program it and say "not so good", how is a value judgement reached?
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 16:45 - Nov 15 with 863 viewsPaleRider

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 15:41 - Nov 15 by saint901

I'd certainly be in the Scooby camp on this one.

A question I have on AI (in whatever format) is how it learns and whether that learning is tainted by the inherent prejudice of whomever programmed it?

For example, if I read a book and think that it is a good one (subjective criteria) and read it again and get from it a slightly different take because I'm already favouring its message but somebody else reads it and has the opposite view, how does an AI system make a judgement?

If I program the beast and say "this is a good book" but you program it and say "not so good", how is a value judgement reached?

As I understand it, AI learns from multiple sources very quickly! As a result it can formulate an opinion/answer based on multiple sources and as a result remove original bias because the original programming gets less important as it learns. It should be logical.

What I'm not sure about is whether it is really any good at formulating a judgement other than a logical judgement.

I'm not even sure if a lot of what we call AI (eg Chat GPT) is really what AI is about. Chat GPT is a large language model-based chatbot developed by OpenAI (according to Wikipedia!) and is designed to work according to specific prompts, questions etc. I think AI is actually way beyond this!

AI is also not the Terminator. That is a combination of AI and robotics. I think that AI and robotics are often mixed up - AI is the brain, robotics is potentially the body!

These are just my views - I may well know FA about it all but I work with a company that has harnessed AI in management education and many of our clients use AI - either as part of their business or by managers/staff using AI applications (such as Chat GPT).

FYI - if you use CHAT GPT apparently the programming of the free version goes back to 2021 whereas the paid version is bang up to date (not a sales pitch but a word of advise I heard recently).
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 19:31 - Nov 15 with 824 viewsJellybaby

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 09:29 - Nov 15 by saint901

So other than be a bundle of frustrated anger all the time, what is your solution to being "played".

Re the stuff above about the junior Kennedy.

How old was he when his father was killed? How long since? Why mention it now? Could it be connected to a desire to have a higher profile? What are his views on Covid, vaccination etc? Could this be a reason why he will neve r get the Democratic nomination. Most Americans would probably prefer to see a semi dead Biden than this nut job.

I'm sensing a testiness about you 901, maybe I'm not giving you enough attention, maybe you re still holding a grudge for me calling you a Normie, maybe you don't like being brought into the open re advocating secret societies??

Bobby Kenedy Jnr - a nut job because he had views outside the Overton Window.

Sleepy Joe, preferable, even though he is barely compos mentos.

This is what "being played" looks like.

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 20:15 - Nov 15 with 797 viewsJellybaby

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:15 - Nov 15 by franniesTache

This is very impressive Frannie, the stuff you are showing off about, I mean talking about is way above my pay grade! All I'm worried about is robots taking all our jobs and the link between transhumanism, evolution and eugenics and why on earth (literally) the powers that Be would want 8 billion people dipping into limited (allegedly) resources and what they intend to do about it, war, pandemics, enforced vaccinations?

XAI all the way for me!

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 20:25 - Nov 15 with 792 viewskentsouthampton

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:58 - Nov 14 by saintmark1976

Well at least you admit to their existence so that’s a start I suppose.

Your comment “ they have no influence whatsoever” borders on the risible.

Have a look at Wikipedia for some background as to their history and details of previous attendees.

Maybe then you will form a more enlightened opinion as to their objectives and understand why their members are sworn to secrecy as to what they discuss.

Wibble.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 21:31 - Nov 15 with 748 viewsSouthamptonfan

Labour sackings too. British politics at its best. Both parties sacking and arguing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67432393

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:18 - Nov 16 with 675 viewsHeisenberg

For the first time in years I watched PMs Question time yesterday. I lasted 5 minutes. Both sides are pathetic. Anyone behaving like they do in their place of work would be asked to leave. No wonder the country is in such a mess. I won’t be voting at the next election.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:43 - Nov 16 with 651 viewsJellybaby

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:18 - Nov 16 by Heisenberg

For the first time in years I watched PMs Question time yesterday. I lasted 5 minutes. Both sides are pathetic. Anyone behaving like they do in their place of work would be asked to leave. No wonder the country is in such a mess. I won’t be voting at the next election.

Good decision. By voting we just perpetuate a broken, corrupt and futile system. Best way to escape Clown World is to ignore the lot of them.

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:12 - Nov 16 with 633 views1885_SFC

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:18 - Nov 16 by Heisenberg

British politics is utter w@nk isn't it. A shower of sh1t the lot of them.

I certainly won't be voting either. No chance.

Old School is Cool

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:17 - Nov 16 with 630 viewsfranniesTache

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 20:15 - Nov 15 by Jellybaby

This is very impressive Frannie, the stuff you are showing off about, I mean talking about is way above my pay grade! All I'm worried about is robots taking all our jobs and the link between transhumanism, evolution and eugenics and why on earth (literally) the powers that Be would want 8 billion people dipping into limited (allegedly) resources and what they intend to do about it, war, pandemics, enforced vaccinations?

XAI all the way for me!

It's not really showing off it's a deep interest in a subject that directly impacts my work, and it's questions we should all be learning about and asking (in my opinion).

There's a reason i don't want AI to be caught up in conspiracy theories, which is that it's far too important a question to be batted aside by association.

You are totally right to be concerned on the impact of work, though it's not really robots you want to worry about, it's computers and bosses, and there's an interesting and strong correlation with the Luddites (who are these days misrepresented as being anti technology, when in fact they were pro jobs).

As for Transhumanism, i really wouldn't was my breath worrying on that, it's basically science fiction at this stage and unless you mean using technology to cure deafness/blindness etc. - and i doubt anyone would have a problem with that - it's also not actually possible in the main.

The point on resources is definitely a valid one though, the data centers needed for these LLM/ML computers has a hugely negative impact on climate so is a really good thing to be encouraging people to take an interest in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024