Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Stephens 23:20 - Dec 20 with 2010 viewsSaintNick

Played against Dynamo Zagreb u21's tonight, I couldnt go, but my spies tell me he was not impressive in his 45 minutes

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jack Stephens on 23:25 - Dec 20 with 1992 viewsRon11

Has he ever been impressive?
Jack Stephens on 23:35 - Dec 20 with 1981 viewsPatfromPoole

Were your spies sauercroats?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Jack Stephens on 07:11 - Dec 21 with 1865 viewsNumber_58

We all know Nick hates Jack Stephens, but sending out people to spy on him is taking it a bit far.
Jack Stephens on 09:02 - Dec 21 with 1770 viewsfelly1

Nickbait..move on.
Jack Stephens on 09:41 - Dec 21 with 1738 viewsSaintNick

Jack Stephens on 09:02 - Dec 21 by felly1

Nickbait..move on.

Not Nickbait at all, I was looking for a view from someone who either went to the game or watched it on the club website.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jack Stephens on 14:42 - Dec 21 with 1623 viewsBazza

Jack Stephens on 09:41 - Dec 21 by SaintNick

Not Nickbait at all, I was looking for a view from someone who either went to the game or watched it on the club website.

It's on the club website. Don't miss the start and a fine example of how NOT to play out from your own goal area!
Jack Stephens on 10:46 - Dec 22 with 1435 viewsFlamingbankers

Dreadful fumbling about from a goal kick - not auspicious but things can only get better for Jack. I wish goalies, or defenders, would just jump it up for the forwards to attack. But those days are gone apparently - days with common sense!
Jack Stephens on 11:03 - Dec 22 with 1421 viewsHeisenberg

Jack Stephens on 10:46 - Dec 22 by Flamingbankers

Dreadful fumbling about from a goal kick - not auspicious but things can only get better for Jack. I wish goalies, or defenders, would just jump it up for the forwards to attack. But those days are gone apparently - days with common sense!

Do you really want to watch football where the ball is lumped up the pitch ? I know it can be a bit boring with the tippy tappy stuff but I’d rather watch that than watch hoof ball to the big lad up front.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Stephens on 11:53 - Dec 22 with 1398 viewsGRIM

Jack Stephens on 11:03 - Dec 22 by Heisenberg

Do you really want to watch football where the ball is lumped up the pitch ? I know it can be a bit boring with the tippy tappy stuff but I’d rather watch that than watch hoof ball to the big lad up front.

Football is much more exciting when the ball is in the box (preferably the opposition box) & with all this pretty tippy tappy stuff in our own half we just don't get it into the the box early enough or often enough.
If we could mix it up a bit with a bit of possession stuff & a lot more quicker/ direct stuff we would be more entertaining to watch.
But we cannot complain about the results we've been getting recently.
(Correction, we'll always find something to complain about).
Jack Stephens on 14:17 - Dec 22 with 1315 viewsFlamingbankers

Jack Stephens on 11:03 - Dec 22 by Heisenberg

Clearly I'm talking about safety and common sense - obviously it wouldn't be a prime majority of play strategy. I'm not sure whether you've followed Saints for any length of time but McMenemy had superb attacking teams ( the best in out history) who weren't afraid to clear the ball up field when necessary. But why not use it if it's effective - Man City do. They do that and the tippy-tappy nonsense around their own goal only because they have the world class technically capable players to do it ( I sometimes think it was a trap for other teams to follow when in fact they clearly didn't have the players to use the method effectively thus allowing a high pressing Man City to easily capitalise week in week out). Man City academy product Harewood - Bellis is in that mould and plays a great long ball out of defence occasionally. On the whole we don't have the players to match up to anything City are capable of - just as it is and the facts. Anyway even teams like Liverpool, think Alisson and Ederson calamities etc, do get caught out fumbling about unnecessarily when they should have lumped the ball forward although the teams are usually good enough to make up for the mistakes - whilst teams like Saints aren't. What is it these days without people understanding common sense, the fundamentals of football and a good long paragraph?
Jack Stephens on 18:05 - Dec 22 with 1216 viewsGRIM

Jack Stephens on 14:17 - Dec 22 by Flamingbankers

Clearly I'm talking about safety and common sense - obviously it wouldn't be a prime majority of play strategy. I'm not sure whether you've followed Saints for any length of time but McMenemy had superb attacking teams ( the best in out history) who weren't afraid to clear the ball up field when necessary. But why not use it if it's effective - Man City do. They do that and the tippy-tappy nonsense around their own goal only because they have the world class technically capable players to do it ( I sometimes think it was a trap for other teams to follow when in fact they clearly didn't have the players to use the method effectively thus allowing a high pressing Man City to easily capitalise week in week out). Man City academy product Harewood - Bellis is in that mould and plays a great long ball out of defence occasionally. On the whole we don't have the players to match up to anything City are capable of - just as it is and the facts. Anyway even teams like Liverpool, think Alisson and Ederson calamities etc, do get caught out fumbling about unnecessarily when they should have lumped the ball forward although the teams are usually good enough to make up for the mistakes - whilst teams like Saints aren't. What is it these days without people understanding common sense, the fundamentals of football and a good long paragraph?

I've lost count of the number of goals conceded by teams attempting to play out from the back, even the top teams are guilty of it.
I will never understand it, football is a simple game, keep it that way.
Jack Stephens on 23:46 - Dec 22 with 1137 viewscotswoldsaint

Always thought JS was more suited to play as a defensive midfielder, his distribution out of defence was always v good and plays the ball FORWARD and to feet, but that might not suit the RM style of play
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024