Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's AGM 18:13 - Dec 21 with 15125 views100notout

Won't be able to make it tonight. Hopefully there will be plenty of questions asked from shareholders and informative answers provided and challenged where appropriate.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Tonight's AGM on 18:16 - Dec 21 with 8719 viewsDale_4_Life

A Huge night for the club.

A massive opportunity for the Board.

Honest and transparent and lets actually have some detail regarding the major issues we have, More importantly the plan to exit to calmer waters.
Tonight's AGM on 21:45 - Dec 21 with 8369 viewsD_Alien

At least it looks like the players and staff are going to be paid this Christmas

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tonight's AGM on 21:51 - Dec 21 with 8328 viewsJames1980

Tonight's AGM on 21:45 - Dec 21 by D_Alien

At least it looks like the players and staff are going to be paid this Christmas

What about next Christmas will we still have a club?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Tonight's AGM on 22:12 - Dec 21 with 8215 viewsD_Alien

Tonight's AGM on 21:51 - Dec 21 by James1980

What about next Christmas will we still have a club?

I'd say after tonight's meeting, that i was marginally more confident that we would, but not by much

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tonight's AGM on 22:25 - Dec 21 with 8119 viewsJames1980

Tonight's AGM on 22:12 - Dec 21 by D_Alien

I'd say after tonight's meeting, that i was marginally more confident that we would, but not by much

I suppose that is better than nothing.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Tonight's AGM on 02:49 - Dec 22 with 7768 views_Windydale

Tonight's AGM on 22:25 - Dec 21 by James1980

I suppose that is better than nothing.

Very grey.
James, its better than going bust today you miserable sod, next week, next month. Pick yourself up, we need loyal soldiers like you to push positivity forward in the fanbase. Not dwell in the doldrums. Can be a positive aura for the fans?, we need less scribes of woe., even if only tiny bit balance the doom against a fight for survival. It helps showing fight. IT all contributes, affects attendances, people spending more money on Dale, buying merchandise. It all helps. Some older fans are trapped in negative thinking. Thats the way. Younger ones, can help change the mood from a grim future. the club needs fans with Dale in their blood, to push a characteristic positive vibes forward, not eternal doom. As its not always going to be bad. Surely.
Tonight's AGM on 08:57 - Dec 22 with 7468 viewsblackdogblue

Presume nothing earth shattering & the votes were yes…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Tonight's AGM on 10:14 - Dec 22 with 7248 viewsSuddenLad

What was evident was just how much money the Chairman and others have voluntary sunk into the club in an effort to keep it going on a day-to-day basis. Their financial commitment is eye-watering. There is a possibility that there will be some player movement in January and that (if it happens) will provide much needed funds. The wall plaques were also quoted as being an important source of cash, so any interested supporters were asked to consider purchasing them sooner rather than later.

One of the problems for potential investors is the number of individual shareholders and some supporters in attendance spoke of their willingness to simply return their shares to the club in an effort to help. Voluntary donation buttons are to be added to the club Visa/card machines, so that anyone purchasing any goods/services can add a few extra pounds if they so wish. It all helps.

As an earlier poster says, I came away feeling better (not happy, just better) about the situation, than when I arrived. We're struggling for sure, but there are still options and whilst those options remain, we must do what we can to maximise them and in the meantime, keep digging deep to keep the show on the road.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's AGM on 10:50 - Dec 22 with 7098 viewsChaffRAFC

Tonight's AGM on 10:14 - Dec 22 by SuddenLad

What was evident was just how much money the Chairman and others have voluntary sunk into the club in an effort to keep it going on a day-to-day basis. Their financial commitment is eye-watering. There is a possibility that there will be some player movement in January and that (if it happens) will provide much needed funds. The wall plaques were also quoted as being an important source of cash, so any interested supporters were asked to consider purchasing them sooner rather than later.

One of the problems for potential investors is the number of individual shareholders and some supporters in attendance spoke of their willingness to simply return their shares to the club in an effort to help. Voluntary donation buttons are to be added to the club Visa/card machines, so that anyone purchasing any goods/services can add a few extra pounds if they so wish. It all helps.

As an earlier poster says, I came away feeling better (not happy, just better) about the situation, than when I arrived. We're struggling for sure, but there are still options and whilst those options remain, we must do what we can to maximise them and in the meantime, keep digging deep to keep the show on the road.

On the plaques, it's been asked a few times now about the memorial wall. I'm convinced this will be a better seller than a generic wall plaque, I'd certainly buy one and I'm certain others who have lost Dale fans would as well.

I've yet to receive a response on this since one of the directors basically said, despite having advertised them as coming soon, that it was dependent on how the wall plaques sell.

The added "donation" button you mention on the card machines is a good idea, but then we've nothing new to entice people into the club shop either. No third kit (would have bought one), no calendars (would have bought one) etc. And that's not a knock on Stuart either, I'm positive he's working with one hand tied behind his back.

The financial outlay by the directors is eye-watering, but we also have to be able to help ourselves when we're in need of cash and I don't think we do that sufficiently enough.

For the donation of shares, and I'm not a shareholder FWIW, I think I'd feel more comfortable in people donating them to the Trust as surely that allows for some form of supporter input should investors come knocking while also decreasing the number of individual shareholders.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Tonight's AGM on 11:27 - Dec 22 with 6972 viewsjudd

 Shares to go back on sale to fans
 Accounts showing more or less break even for current financial year
 Lawrance deal failed because he did not provide the funds, not because of social media scrutiny
 Anyone looking to invest in Rochdale comes across on-line fan investigations in recent years and find that level of scrutiny off-putting. This is not a criticism, it is simply a statement of fact. Fans in the room advised the board such levels of digging would always happen
 Evidence provided to the Chair that suggested Gary Strong was the victim of identity theft
 Club simply has to talk to anyone showing interest in the club, but do carry out due diligence and challenge potential investors
 Large number of shareholders does make it a difficult sell
 American organisations looking to invest in English football typically looking to own 70% + of shares. This can be facilitated by either issuing more shares for them to buy, shareholders to give back to the club for them to sell, or to donate directly to investor
 Currently in dispute over the pitch
 Squad builder fund to be announced, working in conjunction with the Trust. Will be separate from the club account
 General expressions of mutual appreciation and desire for unity

Poll: What is it to be then?

Tonight's AGM on 11:36 - Dec 22 with 6941 viewsChaffRAFC

Tonight's AGM on 11:27 - Dec 22 by judd

 Shares to go back on sale to fans
 Accounts showing more or less break even for current financial year
 Lawrance deal failed because he did not provide the funds, not because of social media scrutiny
 Anyone looking to invest in Rochdale comes across on-line fan investigations in recent years and find that level of scrutiny off-putting. This is not a criticism, it is simply a statement of fact. Fans in the room advised the board such levels of digging would always happen
 Evidence provided to the Chair that suggested Gary Strong was the victim of identity theft
 Club simply has to talk to anyone showing interest in the club, but do carry out due diligence and challenge potential investors
 Large number of shareholders does make it a difficult sell
 American organisations looking to invest in English football typically looking to own 70% + of shares. This can be facilitated by either issuing more shares for them to buy, shareholders to give back to the club for them to sell, or to donate directly to investor
 Currently in dispute over the pitch
 Squad builder fund to be announced, working in conjunction with the Trust. Will be separate from the club account
 General expressions of mutual appreciation and desire for unity

Shares back on sale to fans but then say a large number of shareholders makes it a difficult sell?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Tonight's AGM on 11:40 - Dec 22 with 6904 viewsjudd

Tonight's AGM on 11:36 - Dec 22 by ChaffRAFC

Shares back on sale to fans but then say a large number of shareholders makes it a difficult sell?

After a year of not doing a deal, got to look at other ways of raising much-needed cash.

Tonight's AGM on 11:41 - Dec 22 with 6899 viewskel

“Anyone looking to invest in Rochdale comes across on-line fan investigations in recent years and find that level of scrutiny off-putting.”

How are the directors even aware of that anyway given they “don’t read this message board”?

Still continuing to treat us as though we are thick then.
Tonight's AGM on 12:22 - Dec 22 with 6710 viewsR17ALE

Tonight's AGM on 11:41 - Dec 22 by kel

“Anyone looking to invest in Rochdale comes across on-line fan investigations in recent years and find that level of scrutiny off-putting.”

How are the directors even aware of that anyway given they “don’t read this message board”?

Our Board need to remember it was the fans putting their predecessors under a level of scrutiny which triggered the run of events which ultimately led to them becoming Directors.

Not only should they remember, they should be reminded. Every day.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Tonight's AGM on 12:23 - Dec 22 with 6709 viewsFantam

You're absolutely right, it's incredibly suspicious that the directors are somehow aware of "online fan investigations" despite claiming not to read the message board. Here are a few possibilities
Tonight's AGM on 12:26 - Dec 22 with 6696 viewsBrierls

Far from it tbf. There was an open discussion, with fans and directors both putting their views across.
Tonight's AGM on 12:41 - Dec 22 with 6630 viewsBrierls

OP: "Won't be able to make it tonight. Hopefully there will be plenty of questions asked from shareholders and informative answers provided and challenged where appropriate".

Unless I'm living in a parallel universe, I think this was the case. There were some challenging questions from the floor, which I think were answered honestly (brutally honestly at times). Context was given from the board to fans/shareholders and vice versa.

Excellent summaries by SuddenLad and judd above.
Tonight's AGM on 12:54 - Dec 22 with 6568 viewsBrierls

Tonight's AGM on 12:22 - Dec 22 by R17ALE

Our Board need to remember it was the fans putting their predecessors under a level of scrutiny which triggered the run of events which ultimately led to them becoming Directors.

Not only should they remember, they should be reminded. Every day.

I'm sure they are reminded every day. When they look at the (relatively) quiet life they used to lead and take a glance at their savings accounts.

With hindsight, it was a terrible decision for them personally and financially. But they're still here and they're still ploughing more money in. Our fans need to remember that. Every day.
Tonight's AGM on 12:59 - Dec 22 with 6532 viewskel

Tonight's AGM on 12:26 - Dec 22 by Brierls

Far from it tbf. There was an open discussion, with fans and directors both putting their views across.

It’s just a bugbear of mine. A director once actually said it to my face whilst I know full well he occasionally posts on here. Andrew Kelly once openly stated he read this place and I fully respect him for that.
Tonight's AGM on 13:07 - Dec 22 with 6478 viewsturnthescrew

Tonight's AGM on 12:23 - Dec 22 by Fantam

You're absolutely right, it's incredibly suspicious that the directors are somehow aware of "online fan investigations" despite claiming not to read the message board. Here are a few possibilities

Clearly, you weren't there or you would know the situation. An open a frank discussion took place about the whole scenario. Your remarks are meaningless in the context of what happened at the AGM.
Tonight's AGM on 13:13 - Dec 22 with 6421 viewsBrierls

Tonight's AGM on 12:59 - Dec 22 by kel

It’s just a bugbear of mine. A director once actually said it to my face whilst I know full well he occasionally posts on here. Andrew Kelly once openly stated he read this place and I fully respect him for that.

I know. But in the context of the situation we're in, and a challenging but honest AGM that went someway to aligning (I think) fans/shareholders and board room to the state of finances, I think a narrative/response of "the board think we're thick" is unnecessary.

If we get to a situation where a director saying they didn't read this messageboard (when they do) is in the top 100 issues the club and fanbase face, I'll be a very happy and relieved man.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 13:14]
Tonight's AGM on 13:23 - Dec 22 with 6346 views100notout

Tonight's AGM on 12:41 - Dec 22 by Brierls

OP: "Won't be able to make it tonight. Hopefully there will be plenty of questions asked from shareholders and informative answers provided and challenged where appropriate".

Unless I'm living in a parallel universe, I think this was the case. There were some challenging questions from the floor, which I think were answered honestly (brutally honestly at times). Context was given from the board to fans/shareholders and vice versa.

Excellent summaries by SuddenLad and judd above.

Thanks Brierls - good to hear.

On another point, of course the directors read this board - anyone that thinks otherwise is naive. If I was a director this would be the first place I would look to hear first hand what the fans thought. I would like to think that I would also try to implement some of the excellent points from posters on this board - sadly for whatever reason, they seem unwilling to do that.

Given the ongoing cashflow pressures, its criminal that they don't (was this raised as an issue and if so what was their response?).

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Tonight's AGM on 13:32 - Dec 22 with 6316 viewswozzrafc

A good summary from the people above but I still came away feeling confused. There seemed to be lots of contradicting messages.

It opened with a message if we don't sell the club soon we will have no club!! but then later the chairman stated that it wasn't a lost cause. There was even a claim that if we could get through the immediate cashflow situation we could become self sufficient at this level. The board a few questions later then stated that the funds already invested would only see them through to January.

He was openly challenged by some fans about the inconsistency in the messaging.

One thing was clear the main drive is to sell the club, although they have done work to increase revenue and cut cost there appears to be no plan to look at the long term future without a buyer. It is a buyer or nothing and I got a sense that was a real frustration of the fans in attendance.

We need cash to see us through the immediate future and thankfully the directors are loaning that money to see us through this period until a buyer is found and they get their money back. The danger with this plan is the longer it continues without alternative planning the more perilous our situation is.

There was also lots of concerns raised about the suitability of the potential buyers. It was openly admitted that while due diligence was being done by the board, they have to take some hard decisions when balancing the need for investment.

I came away a little at ease that the board are doing their best to keep the club running for the immediate future but frustrated that a sale was currently the sole focus.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 13:52]
Tonight's AGM on 13:33 - Dec 22 with 6300 viewsDale_4_Life

Tonight's AGM on 10:50 - Dec 22 by ChaffRAFC

On the plaques, it's been asked a few times now about the memorial wall. I'm convinced this will be a better seller than a generic wall plaque, I'd certainly buy one and I'm certain others who have lost Dale fans would as well.

I've yet to receive a response on this since one of the directors basically said, despite having advertised them as coming soon, that it was dependent on how the wall plaques sell.

The added "donation" button you mention on the card machines is a good idea, but then we've nothing new to entice people into the club shop either. No third kit (would have bought one), no calendars (would have bought one) etc. And that's not a knock on Stuart either, I'm positive he's working with one hand tied behind his back.

The financial outlay by the directors is eye-watering, but we also have to be able to help ourselves when we're in need of cash and I don't think we do that sufficiently enough.

For the donation of shares, and I'm not a shareholder FWIW, I think I'd feel more comfortable in people donating them to the Trust as surely that allows for some form of supporter input should investors come knocking while also decreasing the number of individual shareholders.

At least offering to the Trust first at possibly a discounted rate.

In all of this I am more convinced the trust needs 51% (long way to go) and then we can cut cloth accordingly.
Tonight's AGM on 13:38 - Dec 22 with 6264 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/december/agm2023recap/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024