Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? 18:13 - Dec 26 with 1825 viewsSouthamptonfan

RM promised his style of play would pay dividends. Today, it just worked perfectly. The possession football produced some outstanding football, and not only that, a hatful of goals. Our defence is as good as I have seen in a long,.long time. I have had a few doubts here and there, but today was scintillating football, in front of a packed out St Mary's. The fans are loving it, the place is buzzing and we might just get automatic promotion at this rate.

The subs, well what an impact they had. The wee man was outstanding when he came on. Walker-Peters playing further up field with Stephens at right back was highly effective. Anyways, we won FIVE nil. I hope all the doubters just enjoy it. We are on the best run of form for 73 years. Things are looking genuinely really good. Happy Christmas everyone.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 18:31]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 18:46 - Dec 26 with 1751 viewsfelly1

Spot on.
What a great time to be a Saints fan.
Everyone played well and contributed to that performance.
9 goals ithe two last home games.
Best run of form for 70 years..... How long can we keep it going??
Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:07 - Dec 26 with 1710 viewsSouthamptonfan

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 18:46 - Dec 26 by felly1

Spot on.
What a great time to be a Saints fan.
Everyone played well and contributed to that performance.
9 goals ithe two last home games.
Best run of form for 70 years..... How long can we keep it going??

Hopefully for another 73 years. In all seriousness, we look the real deal. All eyes on Leicester and Ipswich tonight.

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:11 - Dec 26 with 1688 viewsButty101

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:07 - Dec 26 by Southamptonfan

Hopefully for another 73 years. In all seriousness, we look the real deal. All eyes on Leicester and Ipswich tonight.

The championship is pretty low in quality. It’s good to see us smash someone for a change.
I’m watching Burnley Liverpool and the gulf in class is enormous! If we do go up , bar a couple players we would need a complete rebuild.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:23 - Dec 26 with 1647 viewsSouthamptonfan

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:11 - Dec 26 by Butty101

The championship is pretty low in quality. It’s good to see us smash someone for a change.
I’m watching Burnley Liverpool and the gulf in class is enormous! If we do go up , bar a couple players we would need a complete rebuild.

I think we would need to add a few PL quality players to the squad we have if we went up. Bring in a striker of real quality who wins us games and a top quality defender. I think we have some good players who could do a job but they would need help with some PL quality additions.

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:23 - Dec 26 with 1644 viewssaint22

It’s great to see us winning games and unbeaten and it’s great to hear my son say he enjoys watching games again and not seeing us lose week in week out
BUT let’s not get carried away we are where we are in a division with some
Poor teams in
IF we were to go up it would need a LOT of money and astute signings to keep us there
Let’s see shall we
Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:36 - Dec 26 with 1610 viewsPatfromPoole

It was an excellent result, BUT……..

We could easily have been 2-0 down before our first goal.

Felt we changed our formation to accommodate Stephens, and we didn’t look right at all defensively in the first-half.

Swansea’s wide players had buckets of space to attack us in the first-half.

Stephens isn’t a RB, and a better side would have capitalised on that.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:42 - Dec 26 with 1593 viewsSouthamptonfan

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:36 - Dec 26 by PatfromPoole

Felt we changed our formation to accommodate Stephens, and we didn’t look right at all defensively in the first-half.

Ha, come on, just admit it, best run for 73 long years 🎉 🎇 First time we have scored five since Koeman, first time we have won 7 in a row for decades, first clean sheets in a row for long as I can remember. The players are playing for the manager, they're happy, St Mary's is happier than I have known for a long time. Just think, we could have had Rooney 😲!!! Enjoy it mate, it only happens every 73 years!!!
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 19:42]

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 20:00 - Dec 26 with 1527 viewsPatfromPoole

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:42 - Dec 26 by Southamptonfan

Ha, come on, just admit it, best run for 73 long years 🎉 🎇 First time we have scored five since Koeman, first time we have won 7 in a row for decades, first clean sheets in a row for long as I can remember. The players are playing for the manager, they're happy, St Mary's is happier than I have known for a long time. Just think, we could have had Rooney 😲!!! Enjoy it mate, it only happens every 73 years!!!

Don’t disagree with any of that.

It’s a magnificent run.

But they say the harder you work, the luckier you get.

We were lucky to be 0-0 after 15 minutes.

Which isn’t to say we would have lost if we had gone 0-2 down.

But it would have been a heck of a lot more difficult to win.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 20:07 - Dec 26 with 1503 viewsSalisburySaint

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 20:00 - Dec 26 by PatfromPoole

Don’t disagree with any of that.

It’s a magnificent run.

But they say the harder you work, the luckier you get.

We were lucky to be 0-0 after 15 minutes.

Which isn’t to say we would have lost if we had gone 0-2 down.

But it would have been a heck of a lot more difficult to win.

Bloody boring possession football, where’s it getting us 🤪

At last we are reaping the rewards, now just 4 pts off second, b4 Leicester v Ipswich game, goal differnce gap closed too, happy days
Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 20:09 - Dec 26 with 1480 viewskingslandstand1

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:42 - Dec 26 by Southamptonfan

But in the Championship ......
But who cares I suppose
Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 20:13 - Dec 26 with 1463 viewsSouthamptonfan

Leicester winning one nil

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 21:10 - Dec 26 with 1365 viewsSouthamptonfan

St Mary's was the happiest I've seen in years - absolutely rocking.

[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 21:14]

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 08:40 - Dec 27 with 948 viewsSaintandy66

Fantastic performance - A sign of things to come? on 19:36 - Dec 26 by PatfromPoole

Totally agree on the Jack Stephens post a good side would of punished him though I was the only one who notice no point in just playing him because he is club captain messing with the rest of the team if he isn't good enough to take one of the centre half positions he shouldn't play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024