Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charly Alcaraz 08:40 - Jan 2 with 1384 viewsMattFinish

What does he have to do to get selected
He was the one positive out of last season’s debacle. Tim Vickery said he was shocked that Saints managed to procure his signature as he was one of the hottest prospects in Argentinian football yet he’s struggling to get a game under Martin
Against Plymouth he gave a man of the match performance, scored a great goal and was subbed off with over a third of the game left and then doesn’t get on until the 90th minute against Norwich in a game that was crying out for his moments of quality that none of the rest of the squad possess
I just don’t get it
Martin brought on Smallbone and Shea Charles just after they equalised. We should have been pushing for the win but Martin went for the draw.
Don’t get me wrong I agree we’re on an excellent unbeaten run but then again with our team and depth of squad we should be. There’s no reason we shouldn’t be out in front with Leicester but we’re too negative
Come on Martin, unleash Charly and give him free rein. At the moment he’s playing with shackles on
Charly Alcaraz on 08:44 - Jan 2 with 1368 viewsPatfromPoole

It wouldn’t completely surprise me if he was on his way, not least when you look at the position some of the players we have been linked with play.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Charly Alcaraz on 08:44 - Jan 2 with 1363 viewssaint22

I have said it for weeks RM is playing a very dangerous game
Alcaraz should be staring every game, he is one helluva a player and needs confidence
He will be off if he keeps getting benched
Charly Alcaraz on 09:27 - Jan 2 with 1270 viewsSaintNick

Charly Alcaraz on 08:44 - Jan 2 by saint22

I have said it for weeks RM is playing a very dangerous game
Alcaraz should be staring every game, he is one helluva a player and needs confidence
He will be off if he keeps getting benched

I dont think he has done enough yet to start every game, but he should certainly be getting more game time than he is at the moment and i think he should have had come on at around 75 minutes after we had scored but before they had equalised

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Charly Alcaraz on 10:08 - Jan 2 with 1223 viewsfelly1

Yes he's a really good player but still raw at times.
We looked tired yesterday and being at the game I thought they looked likely to counterattack and get the winner.
Alceraz tends to misplace a pass and this could have been fatal yesterday.
I think Martin played safe and did what was needed to keep us unbeaten
Charly Alcaraz on 11:30 - Jan 2 with 1150 viewsgrumpy

Charly Alcaraz on 10:08 - Jan 2 by felly1

We looked tired yesterday and being at the game I thought they looked likely to counterattack and get the winner.

What could have been fatal was bringing on Charles in 85th minute.
Charles is a good player but he is 'work in progress'
Martin has done a good job and his unbeaten run is great but hes inherited a squad just relegated from the Premiership,one which if better managed would still be there.
Alceraz is a big talent,just been called up for Argentina, he should be starting every game.
His substitution appearance on 90minutes was ridiculous.
Unless we address our striker issue I cant see us getting promoted, here's hoping we can.
Happy New Year.
Charly Alcaraz on 13:55 - Jan 2 with 1088 viewsMattFinish

Charly Alcaraz on 11:30 - Jan 2 by grumpy

What could have been fatal was bringing on Charles in 85th minute.
Charles is a good player but he is 'work in progress'
Martin has done a good job and his unbeaten run is great but hes inherited a squad just relegated from the Premiership,one which if better managed would still be there.
Alceraz is a big talent,just been called up for Argentina, he should be starting every game.
His substitution appearance on 90minutes was ridiculous.
Unless we address our striker issue I cant see us getting promoted, here's hoping we can.
Happy New Year.

Happy new year Grumps
What I don’t get is having brought on Charles and Smallbone with 12 minutes left (including injury time) in what was clearly an attempt to close up shop and preserve a point then why did he bring on Alcaraz on 90 minutes. Had he changed his mind and decided to go for all three points?
I think this tactic of keeping possession to wear the opposition down is seriously flawed . It fails more often than it succeeds and we’ve dropped points we wouldn’t have done if we’d gone for more goals
Charly Alcaraz on 14:22 - Jan 2 with 1069 viewsMattFinish

Charly Alcaraz on 10:08 - Jan 2 by felly1

He’s misplaced a few passes that have not lead to goals. Virtually everyone else in the team has misplaced passes. What Alcaraz brings is that maverick aspect. I think he’s misplaced passes because he’s naturally a forward thinking player and he’s being shackled by the possession at all cost system.
I really think if we’re going to start putting these disappointing results to bed we have to play Charly instead of Smallbone who in my opinion offers absolutely nothing other than a sideways or backwards pass.
Charly Alcaraz on 14:26 - Jan 2 with 1067 viewssledger

alcaraz doesnt fit the rm plan of tediously slow passing,recycle the ball and repeat countless times,hes to much of a loose cannon.
Login to get fewer ads

Charly Alcaraz on 17:01 - Jan 2 with 959 viewsgrumpy

Charly Alcaraz on 13:55 - Jan 2 by MattFinish

Happy new year Grumps
What I don’t get is having brought on Charles and Smallbone with 12 minutes left (including injury time) in what was clearly an attempt to close up shop and preserve a point then why did he bring on Alcaraz on 90 minutes. Had he changed his mind and decided to go for all three points?
I think this tactic of keeping possession to wear the opposition down is seriously flawed . It fails more often than it succeeds and we’ve dropped points we wouldn’t have done if we’d gone for more goals

Happy New Year, Matt. With the Squad we have we are where we should be. Unfortunately if we don’t address the Striker issue I can’t see us getting promoted. Pushing Armstrong out wide to accommodate Adams playing in the middle is a mistake.I think Adams wants away so we must plan for that.
Charly Alcaraz on 18:26 - Jan 2 with 922 viewskingslandstand1

Charly Alcaraz on 08:44 - Jan 2 by PatfromPoole

It wouldn’t completely surprise me if he was on his way, not least when you look at the position some of the players we have been linked with play.

I saw on twitter this morning that the Geordies may be interested
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024