Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread 14:22 - Feb 6 with 2312 viewsSaintNick

As it looks like there will be a low crowd and a lot will be watching on line here is today's matchday thread

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 6 with 2217 viewsLondonSaint76

Is it available to watch online for us based here in the UK?

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Feb 6 with 2104 viewskernow

Is it on the telly?
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 18:21 - Feb 6 with 2011 viewsLondonSaint76

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Feb 6 by kernow

Is it on the telly?

I was reading that the game has not been selected for TV coverage by any UK or overseas broadcaster. ITV have opted for Plymouth v Leeds, hence my question from Nick’s opening post.
[Post edited 6 Feb 18:23]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 19:50 - Feb 6 with 1854 viewssaint22

lets hope RM's selected players make more of an effort this time around and that Lumley knows what a wall is
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Feb 6 with 1783 viewsBridders2

Can't get my usual streaming...can someone recommend pls.
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 20:36 - Feb 6 with 1651 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Feb 6 by Bridders2

Seems to be nothing out there at all. Given up and listening to free audio stream https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_solent

HT whistle just gone, it's belting down and iblowing a gale, it sounds like a very average game
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 21:07 - Feb 6 with 1548 viewsInTimeAddedOn

60 mins gone Mara has just smashed a worldie from 20+ yards out to make it 2-0 and the Watford keeper has WALKED OFF!!! Listening to the Radio Solent commentry, and yes, the Watford keeper has literally walked off.
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Feb 6 with 1482 viewsSouthamptonfan

3 nil. Saints are absolutely unstoppable at the moment. Playing so well, no matter who plays.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Feb 6 with 1478 viewssaint22

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 21:07 - Feb 6 by InTimeAddedOn

60 mins gone Mara has just smashed a worldie from 20+ yards out to make it 2-0 and the Watford keeper has WALKED OFF!!! Listening to the Radio Solent commentry, and yes, the Watford keeper has literally walked off.

What…!?!
Fair play to Mara get in there!!
Heading for the scouse
[Post edited 6 Feb 21:25]
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Feb 6 with 1446 viewsmushinexile

Well, there's your answer. The players want a crack at it! COYS.
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Feb 6 with 1265 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Feb 6 by saint22

What…!?!
Fair play to Mara get in there!!
Heading for the scouse
[Post edited 6 Feb 21:25]

Yep, the Watford goalie just did one!! I promise you I am not exaggerating, was listening to the Radio Solent commentry, Blackmore + Tessem CC. Mara scored a cracking second goal and about 30 seconds later the GK just walked off, no signal to the bench, didn't look injured, not subbed, not sent off, just walked off. The Watford bench had not got the sub GK ready as they didn't know what was going on any more than anyone else did. At one point Blackmore said we should just play on, they.ve got no keeper! Of course, they couldn't because Watford would have to kick off having just conceded. I'd reckon it probably took 90 secs / 2 mins to get the sub keeper on. Absolutely bizarre - and of course, it would be the one game not televised.... I assume there will be web highlights then extended highlights on YouTube / Saints official site.
Great result, Tessem really bigging up Mara who sounded like he was different class tonight. In the last 10 mins Edoze hit the post and Sam Amo had two really good chances as well. Ended the game with 2x17 y/o's, 2x20 y/o's & a 21 y/o on the pitch + Dibling who had been subbed by then.
First half distinctly average, second half sounded great.
Feel sorry for anyone on the IOW who came over for the games, they announced just before half nine the 22.30 service back to the IOW was cancelled, weatehr conditions I assume.
[Post edited 6 Feb 22:16]
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 22:22 - Feb 6 with 1240 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Feb 6 by Bridders2

No such problems for the 5th Round, live on ITV, Wed 28th Feb. Be prepared for the usual Klippity Klopp love in from the so-called experts. Mute them for sure and just watch the action.
COYS
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 22:24 - Feb 6 with 1232 viewssaintsfanbrock

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Feb 6 by InTimeAddedOn

Yep, the Watford goalie just did one!! I promise you I am not exaggerating, was listening to the Radio Solent commentry, Blackmore + Tessem CC. Mara scored a cracking second goal and about 30 seconds later the GK just walked off, no signal to the bench, didn't look injured, not subbed, not sent off, just walked off. The Watford bench had not got the sub GK ready as they didn't know what was going on any more than anyone else did. At one point Blackmore said we should just play on, they.ve got no keeper! Of course, they couldn't because Watford would have to kick off having just conceded. I'd reckon it probably took 90 secs / 2 mins to get the sub keeper on. Absolutely bizarre - and of course, it would be the one game not televised.... I assume there will be web highlights then extended highlights on YouTube / Saints official site.
Great result, Tessem really bigging up Mara who sounded like he was different class tonight. In the last 10 mins Edoze hit the post and Sam Amo had two really good chances as well. Ended the game with 2x17 y/o's, 2x20 y/o's & a 21 y/o on the pitch + Dibling who had been subbed by then.
First half distinctly average, second half sounded great.
Feel sorry for anyone on the IOW who came over for the games, they announced just before half nine the 22.30 service back to the IOW was cancelled, weatehr conditions I assume.
[Post edited 6 Feb 22:16]

Concussion sub apparently
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Feb 6 with 1205 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 22:24 - Feb 6 by saintsfanbrock

That would be a reasonable explanation, I can only go by what I heard on the RS commentary, it certainly didn't sound like the medics came on and attended to the GK, unless they both missed sometjing obvious the commentator and cc sounded baffled by what was going on. Thanks for the update
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 23:01 - Feb 6 with 1119 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 22:24 - Feb 6 by saintsfanbrock

Just seen the highlights on YouTube and it looks like the Watford keeper's head makes contact with the post as he dived to try and save Mara's second goal. He must have realised it wasn't good and made straight for the bench, they honestly sounded totally bemused on the live commentry earlier as to what was happening, even joking about it. In hindsight if it turns out the keeper is concussed I doubt if they will put any of that bit of commentary / footage of the keeper walking off up on air now.

This is actually the Radio Solent commentary I was listening to earlier.
[Post edited 6 Feb 23:11]
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 05:36 - Feb 7 with 957 viewssaintsfanbrock

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 23:01 - Feb 6 by InTimeAddedOn

Just seen the highlights on YouTube and it looks like the Watford keeper's head makes contact with the post as he dived to try and save Mara's second goal. He must have realised it wasn't good and made straight for the bench, they honestly sounded totally bemused on the live commentry earlier as to what was happening, even joking about it. In hindsight if it turns out the keeper is concussed I doubt if they will put any of that bit of commentary / footage of the keeper walking off up on air now.

This is actually the Radio Solent commentary I was listening to earlier.
[Post edited 6 Feb 23:11]

Watford used six subs so there must have been a concussion injury. Also apparently the GK had recently had a bad concussion injury which probably shows why he took himself straight off after a knock to the head.
Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 14:05 - Feb 7 with 638 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Watford Cup Replay Matchday Thread on 05:36 - Feb 7 by saintsfanbrock

Watford used six subs so there must have been a concussion injury. Also apparently the GK had recently had a bad concussion injury which probably shows why he took himself straight off after a knock to the head.

Thanks for the additional info saintsfanbrock. All makes perfect sense now, it was just a bit bizarre listening to it unfold on Radio Solent. Blackmore and Tessem sounded gobsmacked when the keeper just appeared to walk off. As there had been no obvious contact with a Saints Player I supppose it looked like he’d just downed tools and done one, as the video just about shows, he must have hit his head on the post. They were even joking about it as they theorised as to what was going on.
Hope the guy is OK, concerning to hear he has previously had a serious concussion, fingers crossed he is OK.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024