Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League table for the last 50 years 09:23 - Feb 15 with 7840 viewsfranniesTache

Interesting, Sky have put together a league table from the last 50 years of the game and have us at 11th in the list.

Weirdly given they're such a MASSSSIVE club and clearly the biggest, hugeest, most pashooonist club in the world the skates are 37th.

This surely can't be right given that would make them perennial lower league fodder and not the glaticos of the south coast that we are so often told they are?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13041555/sky-sports-ultimate-leagu
League table for the last 50 years on 12:08 - Feb 15 with 587 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 12:07 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So, Everton are the most successful club in England?

Yes or No?
[Post edited 15 Feb 12:07]

you appear to have created a straw man argument to move away from the original point, something which i have no intention of engaging with.

Thank you for your time you cheeky scamp, it almost worked, maybe next time you'll be more successful

I hope this message reaches you well

FT
[Post edited 15 Feb 12:09]
League table for the last 50 years on 12:10 - Feb 15 with 573 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:49 - Feb 15 by PatfromPoole

I think most normal people would tend to look at these things over their lifetime.

And I suspect the median age for this board would be somewhere in the 45-55 range.

I can only presume that you are a large number of years above the median, and if you haven’t yet had a congratulatory letter from King Charles, you should be expecting one soon. Congratulations.

The reality is that most of your fans never saw your Cup Final victory, and the number is diminishing year by year.

Soon, your club won't even register for trophies won in the last 50 years. A sobering fact?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

League table for the last 50 years on 12:15 - Feb 15 with 565 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 12:08 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

you appear to have created a straw man argument to move away from the original point, something which i have no intention of engaging with.

Thank you for your time you cheeky scamp, it almost worked, maybe next time you'll be more successful

I hope this message reaches you well

FT
[Post edited 15 Feb 12:09]

I see your little table shows a massive - 313 goals on the goal difference

ie much worse than ours, and easily in the top ten worst goal differences of all time

Is that a success or a failure? I never know with your fan base

League table for the last 50 years on 12:33 - Feb 15 with 563 viewsPatfromPoole

League table for the last 50 years on 12:15 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

ie much worse than ours, and easily in the top ten worst goal differences of all time

Nobody cares about goal difference.

Unless they’re an utterly tedious pedant.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

League table for the last 50 years on 12:35 - Feb 15 with 548 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 12:33 - Feb 15 by PatfromPoole

Nobody cares about goal difference.

Unless they’re an utterly tedious pedant.

"Nobody cares about goal difference."

Exactly, and hardly anyone cares about games played
[Post edited 15 Feb 12:36]

League table for the last 50 years on 12:55 - Feb 15 with 540 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 12:15 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Hi once again 130,

thank you for your reply that once more attempts to change the subject. Whilst it's nice that you have an interest in goal difference it's clearly another attempt to move the conversation away from the topic.

If you could stop trying to do this because the facts don't suit you that would be wonderful

thanks again sweety

FT
League table for the last 50 years on 12:56 - Feb 15 with 529 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah but mate you’ve gotta keep in mind that when the skates wanna try and compare the two of us, they’ve gotta look back like 100 years to really be any better, as for almost all periods since there’s only been one winner of the two of us 😂
[Post edited 15 Feb 13:07]

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

League table for the last 50 years on 12:58 - Feb 15 with 530 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 12:56 - Feb 15 by SFC_Referee

Yeah but mate you’ve gotta keep in mind that when the skates wanna try and compare the two of us, they’ve gotta look back like 100 years to really be any better, as for almost all periods since there’s only been one winner of the two of us 😂

No i think it's us that's misunderstanding it. Just because their position relative to us has been getting progressively and markedly worse since the start of football leagues being invented does not mean that.

All that means is we're using the wrong criteria to assess league placement, and something about Everton and goal difference.

Hope that's cleared things up
Login to get fewer ads

League table for the last 50 years on 13:04 - Feb 15 with 512 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 12:55 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

Hi once again 130,

thank you for your reply that once more attempts to change the subject. Whilst it's nice that you have an interest in goal difference it's clearly another attempt to move the conversation away from the topic.

If you could stop trying to do this because the facts don't suit you that would be wonderful

thanks again sweety

FT

I was commentating on a table put up by yourself.

How is that changing the conversation?

League table for the last 50 years on 13:05 - Feb 15 with 512 viewsSFC_Referee

League table for the last 50 years on 11:46 - Feb 15 by dirk_doone

He's getting more and more upset. He'll be in a right state by the end of the day.

https://www.1sports1.com/the-biggest-club-in-each-english-county-named/

Don’t leave out this either…

https://www.facebook.com/100053386088930/posts/pfbid0xMY8deAWxvsDgVpQb1Fc6m7EZbr

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

League table for the last 50 years on 13:07 - Feb 15 with 517 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 13:04 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I was commentating on a table put up by yourself.

How is that changing the conversation?

You are such a cad 130, pretending you don't understand what you were doing, it's lovely to see you trying so hard, i give you an A for effort but a must try harder for execution.

Don't worry though honey the table doesn't lie - as the saying goes - and it would seem that your straw man here is irrelevant (much like your football team).

It's nice of you to keep trying though

yours sincerely

FT
League table for the last 50 years on 13:13 - Feb 15 with 495 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 13:07 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

You are such a cad 130, pretending you don't understand what you were doing, it's lovely to see you trying so hard, i give you an A for effort but a must try harder for execution.

Don't worry though honey the table doesn't lie - as the saying goes - and it would seem that your straw man here is irrelevant (much like your football team).

It's nice of you to keep trying though

yours sincerely

FT

Just shortening the timeframe, so its in your lifetime

In the last 40 years

Pompey have won 2 lower league championships, and 1 FA cup, and just missed another lower league championship by one year

Soton haven't won anything

League table for the last 50 years on 13:15 - Feb 15 with 495 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 13:13 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Just shortening the timeframe, so its in your lifetime

In the last 40 years

Pompey have won 2 lower league championships, and 1 FA cup, and just missed another lower league championship by one year

Soton haven't won anything

Thank you for your well thought through response 130

I see you still haven't grasped the concept of league tables and are trying another straw man technique as all your others have been so staggeringly successful.

But once more i'll have to point out that it's a blatant attempt to change the subject.

The fact you are so desperate to move away from the original table that has us 11th and you 37th, and then the follow up table that has you still below us taking into account every single game ever played shows how uncomfortable you find the conversation.

I would suggest perhaps if you find it an uncomfortable truth you should perhaps work more at making peace with it than trying to change the subject

With the kindest regards

FT
League table for the last 50 years on 13:16 - Feb 15 with 485 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 12:56 - Feb 15 by SFC_Referee

Ok, really simple for you

Pre WW2 - Pompey 1 FA cup

Pre Millenium - Pompey 2 League Championships v 1 Soton FA cup

Post Millenium - Pompey 1 FA cup

Looks like we win over all the basic timespans

Or, is it about games played, or goal difference?

League table for the last 50 years on 13:20 - Feb 15 with 479 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 13:15 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

Thank you for your well thought through response 130

I see you still haven't grasped the concept of league tables and are trying another straw man technique as all your others have been so staggeringly successful.

But once more i'll have to point out that it's a blatant attempt to change the subject.

The fact you are so desperate to move away from the original table that has us 11th and you 37th, and then the follow up table that has you still below us taking into account every single game ever played shows how uncomfortable you find the conversation.

I would suggest perhaps if you find it an uncomfortable truth you should perhaps work more at making peace with it than trying to change the subject

With the kindest regards

FT

Your club truly are the Stoke City of the South Coast

A truly remarkable club, that have played a lot of games, but haven't won much, in fact nothing in the last 45 years

League table for the last 50 years on 13:21 - Feb 15 with 487 viewsPatfromPoole

League table for the last 50 years on 13:16 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ok, really simple for you

Pre WW2 - Pompey 1 FA cup

Pre Millenium - Pompey 2 League Championships v 1 Soton FA cup

Post Millenium - Pompey 1 FA cup

Looks like we win over all the basic timespans

Or, is it about games played, or goal difference?

Boring coonts on this message board.

Pompey 1 Saints 0.

You win on that count.

At least our coonts are interesting.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

League table for the last 50 years on 13:22 - Feb 15 with 475 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 13:21 - Feb 15 by PatfromPoole

Boring coonts on this message board.

Pompey 1 Saints 0.

You win on that count.

At least our coonts are interesting.

Pat has lost his cool again. Its only football Pat

League table for the last 50 years on 13:26 - Feb 15 with 478 viewsButty101

League table for the last 50 years on 12:58 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

No i think it's us that's misunderstanding it. Just because their position relative to us has been getting progressively and markedly worse since the start of football leagues being invented does not mean that.

All that means is we're using the wrong criteria to assess league placement, and something about Everton and goal difference.

Hope that's cleared things up

130 is just pi$$ed because his love infatuation Mason Mount's career is nose diving. I doubt he will ever play and score in the premiership as many as JWP.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

League table for the last 50 years on 13:28 - Feb 15 with 478 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 13:20 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your club truly are the Stoke City of the South Coast

A truly remarkable club, that have played a lot of games, but haven't won much, in fact nothing in the last 45 years

I hope this message reaches you well 130

it would appear from this message that perhaps this forum may not be the best place for you? Since the conversation seems to have hit a nerve (or as the youngsters say triggered you).

Given that you seem visibly annoyed at statistics and facts that perhaps you would be better placed on a Donald Trump or Portsmouth Football Club forum?

Both are places where reality does not need to truth and you could avoid the need to confront them

Love to your family

FT
League table for the last 50 years on 13:32 - Feb 15 with 466 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 13:28 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

it would appear from this message that perhaps this forum may not be the best place for you? Since the conversation seems to have hit a nerve (or as the youngsters say triggered you).

Given that you seem visibly annoyed at statistics and facts that perhaps you would be better placed on a Donald Trump or Portsmouth Football Club forum?

Both are places where reality does not need to truth and you could avoid the need to confront them

Love to your family

FT

oops,

Sorry if the 45 year comment was a bit hurtful.

In my defence, I was just quoting facts, and you haven't reponded to my point that i was just quoting facts about a table you put up.
[Post edited 15 Feb 13:40]

League table for the last 50 years on 14:07 - Feb 15 with 430 viewsgrumpy

League table for the last 50 years on 13:32 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

oops,

In my defence, I was just quoting facts, and you haven't reponded to my point that i was just quoting facts about a table you put up.

So boring…..
League table for the last 50 years on 14:12 - Feb 15 with 426 viewsInTimeAddedOn

League table for the last 50 years on 11:38 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

Hi 130, you do really sky sports aren't southampton fans right?

I know the blue few dislike facts intently but you appear to be arguing with facts presented by a television company because you don't like what they say.

Would you not agree that that's fairly strange behaviour? Do you also shout at the sky when it's raining to tell it that it shouldn't be doing so because you didn't think it would today?

Never mind shouting at the sky when it rains, when it snows he goes into hiding which in itself is somewhat ironic as when it freezes over it is time to get your skates out…
League table for the last 50 years on 14:19 - Feb 15 with 420 viewsInTimeAddedOn

League table for the last 50 years on 13:28 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

Love to your family

FT

FT, there’s a job waiting for you in the Diplomatic Service!
League table for the last 50 years on 14:32 - Feb 15 with 417 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 13:32 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

oops,

Good afternoon mr 130

The choice of an arbitrary number of 45 did not in anyway hurt me, what it showed to me was that your innate insecurity meant you felt the need to change the topic of conversation away from the facts being presented.

It would feel to me that the repeated efforts on your part to change the topic so you could avoid historical facts that show your club have been persistently below us in the league lends us to think that you understand the reality.

It would also suggest that this reality creates deep rooted insecurity in you and therefore you need to change the topic to make yourself feel better, and not have to confront the reality you know is true deep in your heart.

Anyway i'd suggest perhaps that avoidance counselling could help you here? You could face your demons, accept your insecurity and move on with life in a more productive and less scarred way.

In anticipation of your coming breakthrough

FT
League table for the last 50 years on 14:34 - Feb 15 with 413 viewsInTimeAddedOn

League table for the last 50 years on 14:07 - Feb 15 by grumpy

So boring…..

I have simply added 130 to the ‘Ignored Members/Posts’ list, so I don’t have to encounter any of the numpty’s drivel as I have zero interest in anything any Sk8 has to say on this forum. So, at the click of an icon 130 is consigned to digital oblivion down in the UI dungeons beneath the website. So easy to do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024