Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League table for the last 50 years 09:23 - Feb 15 with 7857 viewsfranniesTache

Interesting, Sky have put together a league table from the last 50 years of the game and have us at 11th in the list.

Weirdly given they're such a MASSSSIVE club and clearly the biggest, hugeest, most pashooonist club in the world the skates are 37th.

This surely can't be right given that would make them perennial lower league fodder and not the glaticos of the south coast that we are so often told they are?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13041555/sky-sports-ultimate-leagu
League table for the last 50 years on 11:56 - Feb 18 with 943 viewshedgeend61

League table for the last 50 years on 11:05 - Feb 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your 40th anniversary of your cup win is 100 x more tinpot than any club celebrating a 2n tier championship. I think you know this, and do realise that your celbration was tinpot central

What other club would have an open top bus celebration for winning the 2nd Division?
Could only be a Smalltime one.
If we ever won the Championship (don't get as many pokes as your mob) I wouldn't venture out on the streets. Embarrassing
League table for the last 50 years on 14:26 - Feb 18 with 868 views1teeminants

League table for the last 50 years on 11:02 - Feb 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

'Can you imagine Saints regularly getting 8000 to 9000 average' ?

Yep

Can you post the years in question please with evidence.

Thank you .

Don’t forget it’s within top 4 leagues because that’s where yours come from.

Regards
[Post edited 18 Feb 14:32]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

League table for the last 50 years on 09:53 - Feb 19 with 738 viewsPortchy_Blue

League table for the last 50 years on 11:28 - Feb 16 by hedgeend61

Gotta be in it to win it I guess, 1 Championship win from 25 pokes, you never counted winning the 3rd and 4th divs in the 18 seasons in the bottom 2 leagues, same tinpot?

Open Top bus parade for winning the second Division
Only in Pompey, embarrassing.

Talking of embarrassing.
League table for the last 50 years on 11:05 - Feb 19 with 689 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 14:26 - Feb 18 by 1teeminants

Thank you .

Regards

Took a look and the only three seasons that come even close to that are 1924, 1925 and 1926.

Whereas the ones for our friends down the road happened in 1990, 91, 95, 96 and 97.

Although you have to give a special shout out too to the less than 2k crowd they got at home in the FA cup in 2014.
League table for the last 50 years on 11:09 - Feb 19 with 688 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 14:26 - Feb 18 by 1teeminants

Thank you .

Regards

I'm sure that being a connoisseur of league attendances, you can easily find them, and what is embarrasing is that the list above is formed of two sets of consecutive five year spells. We certainly can't match that.

BTW, I have posted the same number twice, the second embarrasing list is formed of the following numbers:

[Post edited 19 Feb 11:52]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

League table for the last 50 years on 11:14 - Feb 19 with 683 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:05 - Feb 19 by franniesTache

Took a look and the only three seasons that come even close to that are 1924, 1925 and 1926.

Whereas the ones for our friends down the road happened in 1990, 91, 95, 96 and 97.

Although you have to give a special shout out too to the less than 2k crowd they got at home in the FA cup in 2014.

Being that we only hosted one FA cup game in the years between 2013/14 and 2014/15 and the game was over 10k, I think you are telling porkies again, or perhaps are deluded

Nice try

League table for the last 50 years on 11:23 - Feb 19 with 674 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 11:14 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Being that we only hosted one FA cup game in the years between 2013/14 and 2014/15 and the game was over 10k, I think you are telling porkies again, or perhaps are deluded

Nice try

Just going by this
https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/porm.htm

if you look at the line for FA you can see you have one in 2014 that shows 1.415
League table for the last 50 years on 11:33 - Feb 19 with 665 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:23 - Feb 19 by franniesTache

Just going by this
https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/porm.htm

if you look at the line for FA you can see you have one in 2014 that shows 1.415

Must try harder Franny

Facts always need to be rechecked. We never even hosted an FA cup game that season
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Portsmouth_F.C._season

Now here is a Southern football club hosting a league game, and getting under 2k. Have you forgotten all about this?
https://www.11v11.com/matches/southampton-v-port-vale-30-march-1936-102195/

Login to get fewer ads

League table for the last 50 years on 12:01 - Feb 19 with 640 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 11:33 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Must try harder Franny

Facts always need to be rechecked. We never even hosted an FA cup game that season

Now here is a Southern football club hosting a league game, and getting under 2k. Have you forgotten all about this?

1936? Jesus that's dredging the barrel

Desperation really does make you do stupid things doesn't it?
League table for the last 50 years on 12:13 - Feb 19 with 634 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 12:01 - Feb 19 by franniesTache

1936? Jesus that's dredging the barrel

Desperation really does make you do stupid things doesn't it?

So, you have referenced a bogus number on a website stating a less than 2k attendance

Then I show you a real sub 2k attendance for your club, and I am now 'dredging the barrel'

Port Vale league game

League table for the last 50 years on 12:23 - Feb 19 with 626 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 12:13 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So, you have referenced a bogus number on a website stating a less than 2k attendance

Then I show you a real sub 2k attendance for your club, and I am now 'dredging the barrel'

Port Vale league game

happy to say that i should've checked the source, but really it's not even worth you arguing about attendance, your club have been shockingly poorly supported for a city the size it is for the best part of 100 years, and aren't even close to us for the most part.

In the same way it's not arguable that you have won more historically, it's not an argument that you are worse supported.

You probably won't like it, you'll probably deny it (i know you myth makers hate facts) but it's a simple truth really and i'm not going to waste any more time with you trying to change the subject or move the goal posts.
[Post edited 19 Feb 12:23]
League table for the last 50 years on 12:33 - Feb 19 with 621 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 12:23 - Feb 19 by franniesTache

happy to say that i should've checked the source, but really it's not even worth you arguing about attendance, your club have been shockingly poorly supported for a city the size it is for the best part of 100 years, and aren't even close to us for the most part.

In the same way it's not arguable that you have won more historically, it's not an argument that you are worse supported.

You probably won't like it, you'll probably deny it (i know you myth makers hate facts) but it's a simple truth really and i'm not going to waste any more time with you trying to change the subject or move the goal posts.
[Post edited 19 Feb 12:23]

Franny is retiring from his own thread

'Its not worth arguing about attendances'

If your club has spent more seasons in the top two leagues than our club, and has been a better run club for a long time, and hasn't had a crumbling stadium for years with whole ends of out of use for almost a decade; I would expect your attendances to be higher. It's not rocket science.

'i'm not going to waste any more time with you trying to change the subject ' - OK then, try to find some real facts rather than dodgy ones, and try to accept real facts like the Port Vale home game which is nothing to do with changing the goal posts
[Post edited 19 Feb 12:35]

League table for the last 50 years on 12:54 - Feb 19 with 608 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 12:33 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

If your club has spent more seasons in the top two leagues than our club, and has been a better run club for a long time, and hasn't had a crumbling stadium for years with whole ends of out of use for almost a decade; I would expect your attendances to be higher. It's not rocket science.

'i'm not going to waste any more time with you trying to change the subject ' - OK then, try to find some real facts rather than dodgy ones, and try to accept real facts like the Port Vale home game which is nothing to do with changing the goal posts

So you agree with been above you for a long time, hence a higher all time league position.

You agree that we're better run than you.

You agree that we have a better stadium than you.

And you agree that we have better attendances than you.

Great stuff, it really wasn't that hard was it?
League table for the last 50 years on 13:04 - Feb 19 with 605 viewsPatfromPoole

League table for the last 50 years on 12:33 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You haven't even trotted out the excuse of half of your support deserting your football club to go and watch basketball instead.

Up there high in a pretty packed 130 Chart of Bullsh1t, that one.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

League table for the last 50 years on 13:20 - Feb 19 with 591 viewsTimSaint

Must try harder Franny

It is not the season Franny is on about, it is the year.
Your clearly DID host an FA Cup tie in 2014.
You played at home to Aldershot in the 1st round of the 14-15 season and drew 1-1 in front of 11,095 fans (The Shots sold out their allocation). You lost the replay 1-0.

The school boy errors you made were forgetting you were in League 2 and assuming the FA Cup started in January !! :-)

TimSaint

League table for the last 50 years on 13:25 - Feb 19 with 587 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 12:54 - Feb 19 by franniesTache

So you agree with been above you for a long time, hence a higher all time league position.

You agree that we're better run than you.

You agree that we have a better stadium than you.

And you agree that we have better attendances than you.

Great stuff, it really wasn't that hard was it?

These facts arent really disputed

'You agree that we're better run than you'. - Yes, Over the last 60 years

'You agree that we have a better stadium than you'. - NO, you have a bigger stadium than ours, and ours is a quality old style stadium. But ours was pretty 5hit in th 80's and 90s

'And you agree that we have better attendances than you'. - Not neccesarily, Our numbers were lowered down for years for tax reasons like many clubs ie This couldn't happen now, but your club still count STH's that don't turn up; which is just another way of cheating figures.

Also, the Attendance figures don't include Southern league games, where our figures were around 3.5k average above yours. So, even with our dodgy owners, and not being a well run club for many years, and being in a lower league for many years, our figures are probably very similar.

And of course, when our club was being successful, comparing it to your clubs successful period; we are a bigger club. FACT

League table for the last 50 years on 13:30 - Feb 19 with 581 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 13:04 - Feb 19 by PatfromPoole

You haven't even trotted out the excuse of half of your support deserting your football club to go and watch basketball instead.

Up there high in a pretty packed 130 Chart of Bullsh1t, that one.

Surprised your lot haven't trotted out the excuse yet of having a small sardine spaced ground for years that couldn't be developed !!

League table for the last 50 years on 14:02 - Feb 19 with 546 viewsPaleRider

League table for the last 50 years on 13:59 - Feb 16 by PaleRider

I fully realise that retard has multiple meanings. However, the use depends on the context. So I'm interested in which use of retard did you mean then?

BTW, not being naïve (note the correct spelling) or woke or anti a so-called Pompey "fan" being on here. I'm not even agitated - just pointing out that you used a term that is now generally considered as offensive. The context is clear - it's just that you seem to have a problem being called out for something.

If you're not obsessed about Saints why do you bother stalking and coming on a Saints forum?

130 - I notice you have really replied to my questions.
League table for the last 50 years on 14:09 - Feb 19 with 539 views1teeminants

League table for the last 50 years on 11:09 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I'm sure that being a connoisseur of league attendances, you can easily find them, and what is embarrasing is that the list above is formed of two sets of consecutive five year spells. We certainly can't match that.

BTW, I have posted the same number twice, the second embarrasing list is formed of the following numbers:

[Post edited 19 Feb 11:52]

So basically then you are refusing to state that this ever happened as you refuse to do it.

Oh by the way I did say average attendances so no wriggly out of it dear chap.

Come on 130 you can do it .

………zzzzzzzz

League table for the last 50 years on 14:14 - Feb 19 with 528 views1teeminants

Must try harder Franny

Still waiting for a list of years with these LOW AVERAGE ATTENDANCES. LIKE YOURS WERE IN THE 70’s 80’s 90’s and not one off games.

League table for the last 50 years on 14:21 - Feb 19 with 522 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 14:09 - Feb 19 by 1teeminants

So basically then you are refusing to state that this ever happened as you refuse to do it.

Oh by the way I did say average attendances so no wriggly out of it dear chap.

Come on 130 you can do it .

………zzzzzzzz

Well, this is all rather embarassing

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-southampton/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/

Looks like your club have hit all time lows with average attendances
A 7,465 there

And then, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse ; we have a

Congratulations, you have just hit new heights that I thought were impossible

4,619 ???? , really ??
[Post edited 19 Feb 14:23]

League table for the last 50 years on 14:51 - Feb 19 with 503 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 14:21 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-southampton/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/

A 7,465 there

4,619 ???? , really ??

um you're a bit special aren't you? the most "recent" of those numbers is 1934

and that's a higher average attendance than yours in 1997.

If anything it just shows how long it's been since you were anything other than smaller than us.
League table for the last 50 years on 14:52 - Feb 19 with 500 viewsPatfromPoole

League table for the last 50 years on 14:21 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

A 7,465 there

4,619 ???? , really ??

I'm just surprised you haven't harped on about the average attendance of 211 during COVID.....

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

League table for the last 50 years on 15:10 - Feb 19 with 494 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 14:51 - Feb 19 by franniesTache

um you're a bit special aren't you? the most "recent" of those numbers is 1934

and that's a higher average attendance than yours in 1997.

If anything it just shows how long it's been since you were anything other than smaller than us.

Nothing like as special as you, retiring from your own thread, then coming back an moaning

Your club now has a decent sized stadium, but despite all your cheating on the countin, the percentage full stats are less than 90%. Why is that?

League table for the last 50 years on 15:24 - Feb 19 with 478 viewshedgeend61

League table for the last 50 years on 13:25 - Feb 19 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

These facts arent really disputed

'You agree that we're better run than you'. - Yes, Over the last 60 years

'You agree that we have a better stadium than you'. - NO, you have a bigger stadium than ours, and ours is a quality old style stadium. But ours was pretty 5hit in th 80's and 90s

'And you agree that we have better attendances than you'. - Not neccesarily, Our numbers were lowered down for years for tax reasons like many clubs ie This couldn't happen now, but your club still count STH's that don't turn up; which is just another way of cheating figures.

Also, the Attendance figures don't include Southern league games, where our figures were around 3.5k average above yours. So, even with our dodgy owners, and not being a well run club for many years, and being in a lower league for many years, our figures are probably very similar.

And of course, when our club was being successful, comparing it to your clubs successful period; we are a bigger club. FACT

Don't all clubs count STH's that don't turn up?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024