Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone 12:00 - Feb 25 with 6299 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/61990/refwatch-rochdale-v-w

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 15:52 - Feb 27 with 3819 viewsDaleDamo

Is there a pitch inspection due?
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 16:13 - Feb 27 with 3775 viewsChaffRAFC

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 15:52 - Feb 27 by DaleDamo

Is there a pitch inspection due?

Nothing has been mentioned but keep your eye on the Dale twitter feed and/or the forum and if one is announced, you'll hear about it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 17:32 - Feb 27 with 3610 viewsDaleiLama

Saw a tweet abt roadworks on Roch Valley Way. Are they at the lights, and therefore affecting Bury Road traffic too, or just on Roch Valley Way? If the latter, I'll come via Bury Road - less off m-way driving but probably quicker.

Any insight from folks who've sat in traffic greatly appreciated.

Tvm in advance

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 17:37 - Feb 27 with 3584 viewsisitme

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 17:32 - Feb 27 by DaleiLama

Saw a tweet abt roadworks on Roch Valley Way. Are they at the lights, and therefore affecting Bury Road traffic too, or just on Roch Valley Way? If the latter, I'll come via Bury Road - less off m-way driving but probably quicker.

Any insight from folks who've sat in traffic greatly appreciated.

Tvm in advance

It's a four way and carnage at that was after 7 last night. Avoid that area like the plague if you can. It would probably be better going past Asda and up Spotland Road.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 17:48 - Feb 27 with 3552 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 17:37 - Feb 27 by isitme

It's a four way and carnage at that was after 7 last night. Avoid that area like the plague if you can. It would probably be better going past Asda and up Spotland Road.

Or, if coming off the M62 at Heywood, head up Queens Park Rd, Norden Rd and then back down Edenfield Rd

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 17:48 - Feb 27 with 3550 viewsDaleiLama

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 17:37 - Feb 27 by isitme

Cheers!

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse ...................

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 17:51 - Feb 27 with 3540 viewsDaleiLama

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 17:48 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

Or, if coming off the M62 at Heywood, head up Queens Park Rd, Norden Rd and then back down Edenfield Rd

Cheers part 2. Think that might be the best option actually - I get off the M60 at Middleton and go through Heywood and past the park when there's a derby game or summat to make traffic on RVW bad. Will give that a whirl tonight.

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 19:10 - Feb 27 with 3378 viewsSaxonDale

Confident for this one. Going 4-1 to Dale*

*Doesn't count if the pitch is a swamp
Login to get fewer ads

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 19:14 - Feb 27 with 3354 viewsRAFCBLUE

John and Keohane back.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 19:54 - Feb 27 with 3248 viewsEllDale

Where is SAJ playing? Left back or midfield?
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 20:21 - Feb 27 with 3157 views999Dale

Seems to be a 5-4-1. Working so much better. Looking really dangerous from set pieces as well.

**How has Mitchell missed that header?!
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 20:37 - Feb 27 with 3072 views999Dale

3-0 half time...

Excellent performance
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 20:49 - Feb 27 with 2919 viewsisitme

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 19:54 - Feb 27 by EllDale

Where is SAJ playing? Left back or midfield?

Right wing back.

Good half and we could/should be 5 up. Not sure how Mitchell missed either header, especially his first. We need to keep pushing as there are more goals here.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 20:49 - Feb 27 with 2904 viewskel

No sign of the <insert area/name of town>Dale lot since Saturday.

Hope they’re ok.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 21:43 - Feb 27 with 2668 viewsEdindale

Great result good performance against a poor side.
The strength of the squad is now showing.
Onwards and upwards.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 21:49 - Feb 27 with 2598 viewsRAFCBLUE

Good result and in reality the scoreline flatted Wealdstone, who let us not forget are a part time team. With better finishing it could have been six or seven.

Now 6 points above the drop zone on 45 and so 5 required to get to the safety mark and 15 if you had a worry about an Administration deduction. We've still plenty to do but the teams still to come at home offer enough opportunity to get those points.

But what about the crowd? The club raises a rallying call about the possibility of liquidation and there were just 1,755 home fans with 81 away.

Take out season ticket holders and friends for a fiver and we probably could have opened two stands not three and still lost money.

Two difficult away trips and a near 1000 miles to do before we are at home again. If we play like that in the home games we should be in this league on footballing grounds next season.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 21:52 - Feb 27 with 2558 views_Windydale

Great performance. Enjoyable game, big jim had them up for this game. Wealdstone look good at the start and tried to press us and boss the game, but once Dale took hold , it was one way traffic. Wealdstone went back into there shell, it was nice to see Dale play with great team spirit. Good to see Jimmy back and Mellor had another solid game.
Would of been good to see Rodney on for the last 20.
[Post edited 27 Feb 22:10]
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 21:56 - Feb 27 with 2520 views442Dale

Great first half, second half saw the game out and defended when we needed to.

Another example of how effective we are when we mix up play.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 21:58 - Feb 27 with 2488 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Marvelous result on top of the fine result at Chesterfield. Couldn't make it tonight, but to be honest I don't mind missing games when we win like that😄

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 22:19 - Feb 27 with 2289 viewsDalenet

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 21:49 - Feb 27 by RAFCBLUE

Good result and in reality the scoreline flatted Wealdstone, who let us not forget are a part time team. With better finishing it could have been six or seven.

Now 6 points above the drop zone on 45 and so 5 required to get to the safety mark and 15 if you had a worry about an Administration deduction. We've still plenty to do but the teams still to come at home offer enough opportunity to get those points.

But what about the crowd? The club raises a rallying call about the possibility of liquidation and there were just 1,755 home fans with 81 away.

Take out season ticket holders and friends for a fiver and we probably could have opened two stands not three and still lost money.

Two difficult away trips and a near 1000 miles to do before we are at home again. If we play like that in the home games we should be in this league on footballing grounds next season.

Welcome three points and message that we can play to those staying away. I know we always struggle on attendances on a Tuesday night, but less than 1800 home fans suggests that our rallying call brought next to nobody along. Sometimes I wonder if the town cares whether the club survive. Any potential buyer would be worried about that....I genuinely thought we might see a couple of thousand extra there tonight for some reason.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 22:38 - Feb 27 with 2146 viewsShun

Bloody brilliant performance that! Every player to a man was outstanding. Those Wealdstone defenders will be having nightmares about Cian Hayes tonight! Until Hayes’ brace though I actually thought Mellor was our best player.

A word for Harvey Gilmore, the unsung hero of this squad. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him put in a sub-7/10 performance. One of those players that’s just always there keeping things ticking along without doing anything flashy, though tonight he was everywhere. He seems to be an ever-present too. Does he have more appearances than anyone else this season?
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 22:49 - Feb 27 with 2070 viewsRodingdale

As comfortable home win as you’ll see. Shows what can be achieved by working the ball upfield with pace. Better finishing would have seen us 5 or 6 up by half time. Wealdstone were poor and had no plan.

No surprise to me the poor crowd. The Solihull afternoon was a low point and decent offering on TV involving local sides, play offs looking out of reach, a lot of people have clearly voted with their feet. The club wasted the Boxing Day opportunity. A new investor would surely see the huge opportunity to grow from the current low point. Just needs decent levels of sustained engagement.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 22:56 - Feb 27 with 2016 viewsRAFCBLUE

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 22:19 - Feb 27 by Dalenet

Welcome three points and message that we can play to those staying away. I know we always struggle on attendances on a Tuesday night, but less than 1800 home fans suggests that our rallying call brought next to nobody along. Sometimes I wonder if the town cares whether the club survive. Any potential buyer would be worried about that....I genuinely thought we might see a couple of thousand extra there tonight for some reason.

The town doesn't care.

If Dale cease to exist then there's less than 3,000 people who will be impacted vs the RMBC's claim of serving 223,773 in the town in over 90,000 households.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, uptick there is for the Oxford City game on the 9th, after the EGM and where Oxford City won't bring many.

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 23:04 - Feb 27 with 1951 viewsDaleiLama

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 22:38 - Feb 27 by Shun

Bloody brilliant performance that! Every player to a man was outstanding. Those Wealdstone defenders will be having nightmares about Cian Hayes tonight! Until Hayes’ brace though I actually thought Mellor was our best player.

A word for Harvey Gilmore, the unsung hero of this squad. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him put in a sub-7/10 performance. One of those players that’s just always there keeping things ticking along without doing anything flashy, though tonight he was everywhere. He seems to be an ever-present too. Does he have more appearances than anyone else this season?

We've seen a lot of players play better than they did last season, and lots have played well in spells, with some performing well regularly. Cian is the most exciting player to watch since NML, but over a full season, I remarked at the match that Harvey has been my player of the season.

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 23:14 - Feb 27 with 1859 views442Dale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Wealdstone on 22:56 - Feb 27 by RAFCBLUE

The town doesn't care.

If Dale cease to exist then there's less than 3,000 people who will be impacted vs the RMBC's claim of serving 223,773 in the town in over 90,000 households.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, uptick there is for the Oxford City game on the 9th, after the EGM and where Oxford City won't bring many.

re. The Oxford game: the answer to the National League question, as per the Trust’s latest update after the meeting, will be interesting. We have to hope it doesn’t reach that stage.

I’ve had plenty of people who don’t come to games who have cared enough to show concern to the club’s plight. I’ve had family members do the same, some who haven’t attended a game since the 90s. Some of the town might not care, but plenty do.

Unless we are saying that attending tonight’s game is how we judge that? The failings around raising our attendances goes back years and years. The blame is spread evenly across so many, it’s all really sad.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024