Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton FC Survey 15:59 - Feb 27 with 2240 viewsButty101

First 10 questions nothing about the matchday experience - just personal questions and how much money i spend at SFC. I bailed at this point

//////////////////////////////////////////
"Help us shape the next chapter in our St Mary’s story by taking part in this survey. We want you to share your views on proposed changes to the stadium.

Your feedback so far has helped us start preparing to create a red and white wall at St Mary’s Stadium to enhance the matchday atmosphere and upgrade your experience.

We're looking for your input again to help guide how we progress:"

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton FC Survey on 13:29 - Feb 28 with 442 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton FC Survey on 13:13 - Feb 28 by grumpy

So are you saying none of the away fans will be located in the corner of the Kingsland? Because the majority are.
I suggest you're the one needing glasses.
[Post edited 28 Feb 13:14]

From the O/S:

Where will away fans be relocated?
The plans are still being finalised but away fans will likely be moved to the current Family Stand location.

Where is the current Family Stand location? The Kingsland?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton FC Survey on 13:35 - Feb 28 with 431 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton FC Survey on 13:23 - Feb 28 by grumpy

You cant compare the Dell to St. Marys.
The club are trying to change the small group syndrome and should be encouraged not find negatives all time.

I'd argue it makes more sense to compare us to the Dell given that's our fan culture, than it does to kop ends like you have in Sheffield or "Walls' like the ones that exist in europe
Southampton FC Survey on 13:36 - Feb 28 with 431 viewsgrumpy

Southampton FC Survey on 13:29 - Feb 28 by saints__fan__73

From the O/S:

Where will away fans be relocated?
The plans are still being finalised but away fans will likely be moved to the current Family Stand location.

Where is the current Family Stand location? The Kingsland?

The Family Stand according to SFC site is blocks 19-27 the away fans 22-28 so the majority are in the Kingsland Corner.

THE FAMILY STAND - Blocks 19–27
Situated in between the Chapel and Kingsland Stands
[Post edited 28 Feb 13:42]
Southampton FC Survey on 14:12 - Feb 28 with 394 viewsBLEEDRED

Everyone goes on about how the majority want this, where is the proof? Talking to fans I would say the majority don't want it, a few very vocal fans on various focus groups and club panels don't talk for all fans just their own self-interest.

Let's have a proper vote, all season ticket holders to get a postal vote YES or NO. If the majority want it, I say fair enough, get on with it.
Southampton FC Survey on 15:24 - Feb 28 with 359 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton FC Survey on 12:50 - Feb 28 by saints__fan__73

Two different things.

Putting safe standing into the Northam will happen.

Moving the away fans won't.

Hope you're right 73
Southampton FC Survey on 15:47 - Feb 28 with 338 viewsLondonSaint76

Southampton FC Survey on 14:12 - Feb 28 by BLEEDRED

Everyone goes on about how the majority want this, where is the proof? Talking to fans I would say the majority don't want it, a few very vocal fans on various focus groups and club panels don't talk for all fans just their own self-interest.

Let's have a proper vote, all season ticket holders to get a postal vote YES or NO. If the majority want it, I say fair enough, get on with it.

Hear, Hear, as the saying goes. Let’s have a bit of transparency for once. I think an online / postal vote of all ST holders (and possibly members with a reasonable ticket purchasing history?) would be an excellent idea sir. Bring it on I say, bring it on…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Southampton FC Survey on 16:19 - Feb 28 with 303 viewsLondonSaint76

Southampton FC Survey on 09:45 - Feb 28 by BLEEDRED

It would have been much better to build 4000-5000 stand above the Northam, but it will never happen (cost too much) As far as I can make out, no one in the family stand wants to move. Those in Blocks 29/30 defiantly don't want to be next to the away fans, so many will move. Those in the Chapel tend to be family/older groups and have no desire to be near away fans. The club state that the away fans will be able to get to the train station easily (I don't know what the route will be? Though St Marys Churchyard ??)
It would be far simpler to make Blocks 34- 42 and possibly block 33 the home area and put safe standing into the top half of these blocks, okay it will not be a home end in the true sense but should ensure that all the singers and those that will create the wall of sound!!! Can do so.
I still cannot see 3000 fans moving into the Northam. But it doesn't make any différance because the decision has already been made and all this survey rubbish is just a tick box exercise.

You are probably right re the cost, that said, I was invited to the ground breaking ceremony / event back in the day when SMS was still a shell under construction and the guys from Barr Construction who built SMS told us all that the foundations laid and construction standards allowed for future expansion at a minimal amount of cost and disruption. Sounded like all they had to do was take the roof off and pop a second tier on top of any part of the ground. The Barr guys made it sound really easy but I guess as we are not in the PL at the moment money will be much tighter.
Totally agree with your thoughts on away fans and home fan movement, likewise I can’t see 3,000 moving to the Northam- and moving away fans who come / go by train is nuts.
Another poster has called for a vote by all ST holders which I think should happen but as you say, probably already a done deal because someone high up has already decided this is a brilliant idea - I thought Ankersen has been a bit quiet since Wilcox arrived to look after the buying and selling of players😀⚽️😀

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Southampton FC Survey on 17:31 - Feb 28 with 285 viewsarfurdent

Southampton FC Survey on 14:12 - Feb 28 by BLEEDRED

season ticket holders are just customers of a commercial business not shareholders.

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton FC Survey on 17:41 - Feb 28 with 279 viewsUTS1885

Southampton FC Survey on 17:31 - Feb 28 by arfurdent

season ticket holders are just customers of a commercial business not shareholders.

It seems its all about charging money for saintsplay ? no SFC it should all be free with what fans pay for tickets these days.
Southampton FC Survey on 18:00 - Feb 28 with 258 viewsBLEEDRED

Southampton FC Survey on 15:47 - Feb 28 by LondonSaint76

Hear, Hear, as the saying goes. Let’s have a bit of transparency for once. I think an online / postal vote of all ST holders (and possibly members with a reasonable ticket purchasing history?) would be an excellent idea sir. Bring it on I say, bring it on…

Yes include members with a reasonable purchase history
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024