Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugh Fisher 13:44 - Mar 4 with 1159 viewseastlondonsaint

Selling his 1976 FA Cup winners medal for family reasons.
Kept us in the competition on the way to Wembley against Villa with a last minute goal.
Would be very cool if everyone chipped in a quid or two to crowd fund its purchase then hand it back to Hugh.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/24160106.hugh-fishers-southampton-fc-fa-cup-med

"Sit down Bullseye"

Hugh Fisher on 13:53 - Mar 4 with 1149 viewsPatfromPoole

I have seen talk of the Club buying it and keeping it on display, but it doesn’t look like we can afford it now….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Hugh Fisher on 14:22 - Mar 4 with 1105 views1885_SFC

As someone suggested, it would be fantastic if a wealthy Saints-supporting businessman/woman bought it & gave it back to Hughie.

Unlikely I know - but hey, I'm an optimist!

Old School is Cool

Hugh Fisher on 14:30 - Mar 4 with 1085 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Hugh Fisher on 13:53 - Mar 4 by PatfromPoole

I have seen talk of the Club buying it and keeping it on display, but it doesn’t look like we can afford it now….

How much is it likely to go for? Not really up on the current medal prices.
Hugh Fisher on 14:39 - Mar 4 with 1071 viewsfranniesTache

Hugh Fisher on 14:30 - Mar 4 by InTimeAddedOn

How much is it likely to go for? Not really up on the current medal prices.

currently at around £4k with a guide price of 6-8k https://bidlive.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/auctions/8834/srgrah10065/lot-details/d

a quid from every person that claims to want to stand in the northam wall would buy it outright
Hugh Fisher on 14:43 - Mar 4 with 1067 viewsUTS1885

Mel Blyths also for (private) sale

No idea why fans buy it and give it bsck, he isnt desperate for money at his age.

Two children, i expected it to be handed down.

I dont see it being worth more than 10K tops before deductions.
[Post edited 4 Mar 15:14]
Hugh Fisher on 14:52 - Mar 4 with 1050 viewsfranniesTache

Hugh Fisher on 14:43 - Mar 4 by UTS1885

Mel Blyths also for (private) sale

No idea why fans buy it and give it bsck, he isnt desperate for money at his age.

Two children, i expected it to be handed down.

I dont see it being worth more than 10K tops before deductions.
[Post edited 4 Mar 15:14]

Personally I think if they're up for sale the club should buy them to put somewhere where all fans can go see them.

If the player themselves is selling that it'd be much better for it to be something for all of us instead of being in the hands of a private collector.

That said if anyone wants to buy it for me i'd not say no
Hugh Fisher on 15:01 - Mar 4 with 1033 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Hugh Fisher on 14:39 - Mar 4 by franniesTache

currently at around £4k with a guide price of 6-8k https://bidlive.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/auctions/8834/srgrah10065/lot-details/d

a quid from every person that claims to want to stand in the northam wall would buy it outright

Thanks FT - I stick a few quid in if a fundraiser gets off the ground. Good point re the Northam. Be nice if Saints Trust organised something to help as a one off. As corporate isn’t always sold out perhaps the Club could donate a box for one game and raffle it off at £10 a ticket for 2 seats in the box?
Hugh Fisher on 18:10 - Mar 4 with 867 viewskingslandstand1

The article makes reference to raising up to £8k and that some winners medals going for £25k but with all due respect to the great man,. he didn't actually play at Wembley so not likely to reach anything like that, but shame he feels the need to sell

As one poster below has said, he has 2 kids so why not pass on but you can't split it 2 ways and I'm sure the family have discussed that so why not all enjoy a decent "family experience" together

Didn't Bally or someone else do the same, or someone with their WC winners medal for the same reason. Not saying it actually would, but I'm sure the sibling that doesn't get the medal would feel a bit agrieved?
Login to get fewer ads

Hugh Fisher on 18:41 - Mar 4 with 842 viewsNYC_Saint

Hugh Fisher on 14:22 - Mar 4 by 1885_SFC

As someone suggested, it would be fantastic if a wealthy Saints-supporting businessman/woman bought it & gave it back to Hughie.

Unlikely I know - but hey, I'm an optimist!

I believe Sunak falls into that category......
Hugh Fisher on 19:13 - Mar 4 with 802 views1885_SFC

Hugh Fisher on 18:41 - Mar 4 by NYC_Saint

I believe Sunak falls into that category......

Good shout.

In 2018, when he was just an MP, he donated more than 3 million dollars to a private tech college in California - previously attended by his wife. He also owns a £7million London home in Kensington and a £5.5million penthouse overlooking the beach in Santa Monica, California.

Fair enough. I can't see the Tories being in power after the next election however. Rishi will have plenty of time to take up a new hobby to while away the time... like start collecting football medals. I know of a great starting piece Mr Sunak...

Old School is Cool

Hugh Fisher on 11:45 - Mar 5 with 616 viewsUTS1885

Bally got a good £300k+ for his WC Medal shirt and cap.
Hugh Fisher on 13:55 - Mar 5 with 572 viewsSaintNick

Hugh Fisher on 11:45 - Mar 5 by UTS1885

Bally got a good £300k+ for his WC Medal shirt and cap.

I have my shirt & medal from the 2003 Southampton Senior Cup final, anyone got an e bay account I can borrow

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hugh Fisher on 08:20 - Mar 7 with 338 viewsUTS1885

https://bidlive.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/auctions/8834/srgrah10065/lot-details/d
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024