Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub 09:20 - Mar 13 with 1670 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62129/southampton-still-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 14:21 - Mar 14 with 1348 viewsUTS1885

The fact is that the two key staff members responsible for this have been at the club long enough to know this should have happened against Sunderland. Namely the club secretary and head of communications. They could have used the fire before the cancelled match in any excuse. But that all needed to be done on Monday. Yes, its embarrassing for the club, but its far worse not saying anything at all. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and face up.
Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 21:39 - Mar 14 with 1186 viewsInTimeAddedOn

If anyone can get hold of a programme for the postponed Preston game it would be interesting to see what, if anything, was planned to remember Chris Nicholl. I would suspect that if a tribute was planned, be it 1 min silence / applause, or at the very least, a decent article in the programme, it would be in evidence if a copy can be obtained. The programme must have been printed and I would suspect delivered to the stadium. On previous occasions programmes for postponed Saints games have surfaced so if one can be obtained on this occasion it may well be able to give us an indication of what the Club was planning or alternatively not planning as if he never existed.
[Post edited 15 Mar 0:17]
Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 21:43 - Mar 14 with 1183 viewsgreen

Good point - there must be a number of programmes that were printed.

On that note, has the programme shop on Northam Road closed down, saw that it was shut before one of the games but haven’t been that way since.
Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 16:15 - Mar 15 with 1022 viewsUTS1885

TUI exclusive….. no mention of Nicholl in the Preston programme.
Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 16:38 - Mar 15 with 1012 viewsmushinexile

Why would there be? The owners didn't buy the history of the club. They bought a machine for manufacturing money and dead players or managers are a complete irrelevance to them, like fans would be if they weren't cash cows. This lot would play the team out in the car park to save the cost of a stadium and make them buy their own boots.
Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 17:05 - Mar 15 with 963 viewsSouthamptonfan

I emailed the club and have heard nothing. I am really annoyed about this. The silence is defeating, disrespectful and a disgrace. The only news coming out of Saints was this:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/st-marys-stadium-to-host-iftar-for

They have announced an event for 300 local Muslims (I wonder how many of them support Saints) so perhaps they have been too busy planning events, to worry about a tribute for Chris Nicholl.
[Post edited 15 Mar 17:08]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 19:10 - Mar 15 with 927 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 16:15 - Mar 15 by UTS1885

TUI exclusive….. no mention of Nicholl in the Preston programme.

Thanks for confirming that, it could have been their get out of jail card but as I half suspected the silence continues to be deafening. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by those in charge. God only knows what CN’s family must think of the snub to their beloved who was a great servant to SFC.
Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 23:10 - Mar 15 with 887 viewsA1079

Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 19:10 - Mar 15 by InTimeAddedOn

Thanks for confirming that, it could have been their get out of jail card but as I half suspected the silence continues to be deafening. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by those in charge. God only knows what CN’s family must think of the snub to their beloved who was a great servant to SFC.

The silence from the club is deafening but has anything been mentioned in that great provincial rag, the Daily Echo? I cannot recall seeing anything apart from reporting his passing but I may have missed something as I don't live in the area and only occasionally look at it online. If they are being totally passive as well, then it is all a bit odd!
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 20:53 - Mar 16 with 749 viewsLondonSaint76

Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 23:10 - Mar 15 by A1079

The silence from the club is deafening but has anything been mentioned in that great provincial rag, the Daily Echo? I cannot recall seeing anything apart from reporting his passing but I may have missed something as I don't live in the area and only occasionally look at it online. If they are being totally passive as well, then it is all a bit odd!

Good point A1079, I am not local either, I have just had a look on the Echo's Saints news summary page on their website and there doesn't seem to be any recent mention of CN or the lack of any action to remember him by the Club - however, I do now know AA's wife is pregnant again....
Unless there is anything on the digital subscription service which is largely behind a paywall then the Echo are also silent on the subject.
I have emailed the Club but had no response. As you rightly say, this is all a bit odd.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Southampton Still Not Responding To Chris Nicholl Snub on 08:12 - Mar 29 with 470 viewssaintwizzler

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024